Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
May 20, 2013 6:44 AM

Oct 2012
The anime still far away from manga. But if the hiatus continued, yes, this arc would be the end.

May 20, 2013 8:04 AM

Jan 2012
NO NO NO it will not end never ever I don't allow it!!!
Or rather please don't make it end -let it go on and on....
Cause I really can't stand reading manga I tried very hard (and read pretty far in the story) but still anime is so much better <3 ( I mean for me anime is better but I am aware thet many will not agree)
May 20, 2013 9:17 AM
Sep 2012
It will. I just hope they do a good ending like FMA 2003
May 20, 2013 10:57 AM

Jan 2013
HATUL300 said:
Susanoo_Urameshi said:
dextronaut said:
Yes, and then they'll release the 13th Chairman Election arc in OVA's. /lols

How do you know that?

Nobody knows. Everybody's talking out of their asses.

We can only hope that Madhouse have some sort of understanding with the mangaka and that he will continue the manga on schedule so the anime won't catch up to it..

haha I said "/lols" because I was being sarcastic. I really have no idea how they plan on doing it.
I wasn't talking out of my ass. Can we not joke?
The reason I said that was because that's what happened during the 1999 Hunter X Hunter series, it got canceled at end of Yorknew, then they finished up Greed Island by releasing OVA's.
The irony if it happened again, but one arc ahead.

Also, I have no idea why everyone thinks they'll end it on Chimera Ant arc. Togashi has a whole other arc already written called "13th Chairman Election"
With the popularity of this anime (and the movie), I don't see why they wouldn't atleast animate all of the written material (especially since the arc is finished and not, like, just left off in the middle). Im not sure if people are just unaware of this since they dont read the manga or is there some reason you think they wouldn't also animate that arc as well?
dextronautMay 20, 2013 11:04 AM
May 20, 2013 11:00 AM

Jan 2013
dextronaut said:
HATUL300 said:
Susanoo_Urameshi said:
dextronaut said:
Yes, and then they'll release the 13th Chairman Election arc in OVA's. /lols

How do you know that?

Nobody knows. Everybody's talking out of their asses.

We can only hope that Madhouse have some sort of understanding with the mangaka and that he will continue the manga on schedule so the anime won't catch up to it..

haha I said "/lols" because I was being sarcastic. I really have no idea how they plan on doing it.
I wasn't talking out of my ass. Can we not joke?
The reason I said that was because that's what happened during the 1999 Hunter X Hunter series, it got canceled at end of Yorknew, then they finished up Greed Island by releasing OVA's.
The irony if it happened again, but one arc ahead.

Also, I have no idea why everyone thinks they'll end it on Chimera Ant arc. Togashi has a whole other arc already written called "13th Chairman Election"
With the popularity of this anime (and the movie), I don't see why they wouldn't atleast animate all of the written material (especially since the arc is finished and not, like, just left off in the middle). Im not sure if people are just unaware of this since they dont read the manga or is there some reason you think they wouldn't also animate that arc as well?

Also, I tried deleting this as Im double posting (I though I edited my last post but apparently I was quoting it and posting a new one), but it's telling me I have an invalid message ID. Sorry.
Guess I wont edit in my new post to my last post so its not as repetitive, unless a mod chooses to delete this of course.
May 20, 2013 11:10 AM

Aug 2009
To bad. Hopefully it'll start up again in the future..
May 20, 2013 3:38 PM
May 2011
How is the pacing for the Chimera Ant arc? Are they going through it fast or slow? I want to watch it but not until its all over.
May 20, 2013 6:32 PM

Apr 2012
with the pace of greed island this ARC ends in 36 episodes (40-41 total), even when they material for 60-65 Episodes. The GI-ARC have 66 Chaps and they rushed through it with 17 Episodes. (maybe cos the story is known from the old anime series, who knows)
May 20, 2013 8:48 PM

Apr 2009
the guy who does the manga needs to get off his lazy ass
May 24, 2013 4:42 AM

Mar 2009
phreeak said:
with the pace of greed island this ARC ends in 36 episodes (40-41 total), even when they material for 60-65 Episodes.

How long is the Chimera Ant arc? The number of chapters, I mean.
May 24, 2013 10:31 AM

Jun 2008
I think it will still go on to the latest Arc, and then stop there. At the same chapter as Togashi before he went on Hiatus again.

Visit this blog That I'm working with my friend
http://randomnessthing.com/
Jul 14, 2013 7:06 AM

Mar 2012
If they end the anime at the end of chimera ant they should at least end it to the part where

I think the hiatus will continue even until the anime catch up to the manga.

Mod Edit: Please use spoiler tags.
LunaJul 14, 2013 8:36 AM
Jul 14, 2013 6:06 PM
Jan 2013
i hope not

i love the anime
Jul 14, 2013 6:34 PM

Jan 2009
what if Togashi decided to continue writing for the anime instead of making the manga? considering their are rumors that he cannot draw anymore due to hand injuries? i think that will be a nice compromise he can just focus on writing the story instead of drawing it too
Jul 14, 2013 7:01 PM

Nov 2010
j0x said:
what if Togashi decided to continue writing for the anime instead of making the manga? considering their are rumors that he cannot draw anymore due to hand injuries? i think that will be a nice compromise he can just focus on writing the story instead of drawing it too
That would be great but I don't know if it's ever been done before. He could just do the story, design the characters, draw up names for the scenes. That would be very interesting if that happened.
Break down the wall between anime and manga viewers.
Jul 14, 2013 7:06 PM

Jan 2009
IntroverTurtle said:
j0x said:
That would be great but I don't know if it's ever been done before. He could just do the story, design the characters, draw up names for the scenes. That would be very interesting if that happened.
Break down the wall between anime and manga viewers.

i hope it happens if ever he will not break his hiatus
Oct 25, 2013 7:32 AM

Jun 2013
It's almost as clear as crystals that the anime will be ending on chapter 339. I hope it ends there.
Gutalala ~~ sudalala

"It would be great to live as a human"
-Meruem, King of the Ants
Oct 25, 2013 3:57 PM
Jun 2012
It's all Togashi's fault! I don't want it to end so soon but no one knows what will happen.
Oct 25, 2013 5:58 PM
Oct 2013
Most likely it will continue the anime to the next arc, with the chairmen, and will end it there.

Or they will go into a filler arc after the chairmen arc, though I highly doubt this because there hasn't been filler yet. They might just end it. It's not like anything pressing such as a cliffhanger or something mysterious happened at the end of that arc, they could wrap it up nicely.
Oct 25, 2013 8:28 PM

Oct 2012
KyzenOct 25, 2013 9:19 PM
My biggest regret is using my real name as my user name.

The continuous pursuit of finding that genuine thing.
Oct 25, 2013 8:44 PM
Sep 2013
^Can you put that in a spoiler box? jeez.
Oct 25, 2013 9:20 PM

Oct 2012
Cresherhsm said:
^Can you put that in a spoiler box? jeez.

lol sure :P
My biggest regret is using my real name as my user name.

The continuous pursuit of finding that genuine thing.
Oct 28, 2013 3:38 AM

Oct 2012
As much as I love hunter x hunter, I doubt Togashi gives two fucks about this series anymore. If he did, he would be off his ass by now or atleast give an explanation of what happened or what to expect to all the FANS that love this show. He has done neither so he is probably out for the count lol. I think they might animate the arc after the Chimera Ant stuff but that is as far as they will go. Honestly depending on how they end this arc they might even cut if after this arc.
Oct 28, 2013 4:56 AM

Oct 2013
I don't think thats a good gauge, it's not like he ever gave a fuck about the fans while writing HxH, why would he start now?
Railroad switch
Oct 28, 2013 7:44 AM

Oct 2011
To the two posts above:

It's not that he never gave a fuck about the fans. Dude has been a mangaka for well over 20 years now. So to take into consideration that he started this series back in 1998, it isn't exactly unfathomable to think that he lost interest or at the least doesn't have the initiative to draw that he used to. Between him and his wife, they created two of the most successful manga of all time in Yu Yu Hakusho and Sailor Moon and not to mention the amount of money already made from Hunter x Hunter, so you know he doesn't exactly need the money from continuing Hunter x Hunter. Not to mention he has a family now so it's not hard to believe that he'd much prefer to use his time spending it with his family as opposed to dedicating himself to work. He's never really handled the stress well from being a mangaka either. So I'm not making excuses for him because at this point, I think he's just abusing the fact that he is so well respected and can work whenever he feels like it, but I'm just saying it's more of he isn't committed to the job like he was when he was young as opposed to him just blatantly not caring about the fans.
Oct 28, 2013 7:52 AM

Oct 2013
Note: I never said he didn't give a fuck about the manga. I said he didn't give a fuck about the fans and I specifically said while writing HXH not his previous works. Please don't call me out when you didn't even read my post.

EDIT: And if he did give a fuck about the fans it would literally take him 10 seconds to let us know if he was or was not continuing, or just that he was considering not continuing it. You know, something. Hell, it's hard to tell if the guy is even alive.

Appreciate the explanation about SM and YYH though. Amazingly some of us were actually alive when those came out.
JustLurkingOct 28, 2013 8:06 AM
Railroad switch
Oct 28, 2013 8:16 AM

Oct 2011
JustLurking said:
Note: I never said he didn't give a fuck about the manga. I said he didn't give a fuck about the fans and I specifically said while writing HXH not his previous works. Please don't call me out when you didn't even read my post.

EDIT: And if he did give a fuck about the fans it would literally take him 10 seconds to let us know if he was or was not continuing, or just that he was considering not continuing it. You know, something. Hell, it's hard to tell if the guy is even alive.

Appreciate the explanation about SM and YYH though. Amazingly some of us were actually alive when those came out.

I wasn't as much calling you out as I was trying to elaborate on why Togashi operates the way he does. I still don't think it's as much that he doesn't care about the fans as he feels he doesn't owe them anything. Maybe you could interpret those the same way, but for me I see it as he wants to start back up whenever he feels like it without having to give a set time as to when he has to start drawing again.
Oct 28, 2013 8:25 AM

Oct 2013
As I said. Even if he made a public response that said "I don't fucking know, leave me the fuck alone" at least we could be 100% certain he is alive. Try and prove with recent official announcements that he is in fact DEFINITELY alive.

Whether or not he will continue HXH is arbitrary. He just doesn't care to let anyone know what the fuck is going on = doesn't care if people are hanging on for it or not = doesn't care about the fans. Whether or not you think you owe something to the fans, as a human being you should be able to appreciate that some people do care about what is going to happen.

He doesn't have to give a definitive answer he just has to respond in some fashion, even 1 word: "Maybe." Wouldn't it be nice to just get that from him? If he felt like elaborating he could add "One day."

I'm not saying that it's a bad thing. I don't care about the fans either.

I do hope there is a continuation for HXH, but you're kidding yourself if you think he's DEFINITELY going to do it. Just the same as if you think hes definitely NOT going to do it. You just can't tell one way or the other because he doesn't tell anyone jack shit and his hiatus' can go on for any unknown period of time and may or may not be forever. Who knows?
Railroad switch
Oct 28, 2013 12:57 PM

Jul 2013
I hope they put in a filler hell like the end of Naruto "sarcasm". Togashi should just do a rushed ending if he doesn't want to write any more, at least that's better than having no ending at all.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 28, 2013 1:44 PM

Sep 2013
The anime should just end where the manga is now. It's not as though it's anymore a perfect adaptation than the 1999 series was to begin with, aside from certain details.

Togashi should take his time instead of doing another forced/rushed ending like in YYH.
Always remember that anime is a niche medium in Japan. Manga sells way better
Nov 13, 2013 5:23 AM
Apr 2012
There's no point doing a filler arc unless enough manga(at least another arc) is written which by current H X H progress means years. At the end of the Chairman arc they'll probs conclude and hopefully comeback with a second season in a few years or start up again with Hunter X Hunter(2023)
Nov 13, 2013 2:40 PM
Nov 2013
one_eyed_dragon said:

And seeing as they adapted even the most badly drawn scene into something

It's all redrawn for the tankobon. What actually makes mangakas money. So not.

fearthebeard85 said:
To the two posts above:

It's not that he never gave a fuck about the fans. Dude has been a mangaka for well over 20 years now. So to take into consideration that he started this series back in 1998, it isn't exactly unfathomable to think that he lost interest or at the least doesn't have the initiative to draw that he used to. Between him and his wife, they created two of the most successful manga of all time in Yu Yu Hakusho and Sailor Moon and not to mention the amount of money already made from Hunter x Hunter, so you know he doesn't exactly need the money from continuing Hunter x Hunter. Not to mention he has a family now so it's not hard to believe that he'd much prefer to use his time spending it with his family as opposed to dedicating himself to work. He's never really handled the stress well from being a mangaka either. So I'm not making excuses for him because at this point, I think he's just abusing the fact that he is so well respected and can work whenever he feels like it, but I'm just saying it's more of he isn't committed to the job like he was when he was young as opposed to him just blatantly not caring about the fans.

Well, he certainly shouldn't need more money. The Togashi - Takeuchi couple should be worth at least a few hundred millions in USD. They are wealthy enough, alright.
Nov 23, 2013 11:33 PM

Jun 2011
fearthebeard85 said:
To the two posts above:

Togashi makes me pity Oda Eichirou even more, that Man sleeps for only 4 hours a day, when he is probably much richer than Togashi.

On topic, I hope Togashi decides to write the script for HxH anime, instead of continuing the manga, but it probably won't happen, I am not even sure if HxH will ever be completed at this rate.
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Nov 24, 2013 6:02 PM

Oct 2008
ToG25thBaam said:
fearthebeard85 said:
To the two posts above:

Togashi makes me pity Oda Eichirou even more, that Man sleeps for only 4 hours a day, when he is probably much richer than Togashi.

On topic, I hope Togashi decides to write the script for HxH anime, instead of continuing the manga, but it probably won't happen, I am not even sure if HxH will ever be completed at this rate.

I'm pretty sure at this point that Togashi only writes HxH when he feels he has a creative spark; better to write nothing than derivative dreck. Still, this last wait has been long as hell. He's either stumbled upon a major writing-block, or is so absorbed into writing the next arc without a hiccup, that he's spending extra time to keep the next run longer than his usual ones. That would make sense, given that this is the first completely new arc since the beginning of the Chimera Ants; many of the major running plot points in this series has been resolved, and we're starting this one with a cleaner slate than probably any of the others.

Or he's sick. Or lazy.

Or all of the above.
Nov 24, 2013 6:43 PM

Jun 2011
Dangerr said:
ToG25thBaam said:
fearthebeard85 said:
To the two posts above:

I'm pretty sure at this point that Togashi only writes HxH when he feels he has a creative spark; better to write nothing than derivative dreck. Still, this last wait has been long as hell. He's either stumbled upon a major writing-block, or is so absorbed into writing the next arc without a hiccup, that he's spending extra time to keep the next run longer than his usual ones. That would make sense, given that this is the first completely new arc since the beginning of the Chimera Ants; many of the major running plot points in this series has been resolved, and we're starting this one with a cleaner slate than probably any of the others.

Or he's sick. Or lazy.

Or all of the above.

Lol are you perhaps someone who really hates One Piece? >.>

Better than some story that we don't even know when it will end. Not to mean bad but it's not like everyone can live on forever, at least Oda had his ending script written already, as for Togashi, we may never know. If Togashi writes on weekly basis (rarely any breaks) just like Oda did, lul I am pretty sure that HxH won't be as interesting as it is now, and if every other authors try to mimic Togashi and write only when something inspire them to, then we won't have a scheduled releases for any manga, which would sucked. Why do we have a schedule releases for manga? Because manga serves as a stress reliever for the readers. Can I read HxH next month? -scratch head- I DON'T FREAKING KNOW!
ToG25thBaamNov 24, 2013 6:49 PM
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Nov 24, 2013 7:31 PM
May 2013
Actually, I think Chapter 339 is a perfectly fine and neat ending to the animated series. A lot of things came full circle in a satisfying way imho.
Even though some plot threads for some of the characters aren't closed up yet, and especially the parts leading up to the new arc, they could simplysay in the end "the world is full of mysteries, ███████ still hasn't/haven't fullfilled his/her/its/their true goal but that's another tale. THE END"
Then after some years they release: HxH OVA Gaiden: the Mysterious Place Arc

Don't see why anyone want filler, when there are already those movies, the second has a mix of Pariston, Dark!Kurapika, Leorio, Senritsu/Melody, Wing, Biscuit, Netero, injuried Zushi, a clan of filler evil Hunters. Fillers like that work so much better in movies rather than disrupting the anime's canon.

... I would have preferred if they adapted Kurapika's arc as a proper anime episode instead of how they wasted it as a partial flashback.
Come to think of it, is Togashi considering that spin-off a "run", then just reset the hiatus counter?
Nov 25, 2013 4:55 AM

Oct 2008
ToG25thBaam said:

Lol are you perhaps someone who really hates One Piece? >.>

Actually, I kind of just went off on a tangent, and had forgotten you were referring to Oda in your post; I didn't mean to make a comparison there. Oda's definitely a hard worker, and has a plan for where he wants to take it. Togashi's definitely more erratic and leisurely with his time. One Piece is good, but I still like HxH more (A good deal more, to be honest).
Nov 25, 2013 9:39 PM

Sep 2011
Kyzen said:

Nov 27, 2013 9:12 AM

Jan 2013
I don't think they will let such a great anim- , masterpiece to end
The idea is pretty unique , it's on a whole different level compared with any shounen out here.

Also it wasn't announced oficialy that they would let it end after Chimera Arc.
Nov 27, 2013 9:15 AM
Jul 2013
The_Mad_Wizard said:
Kyzen said:

Yeesss!
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter (2011) Episode 126 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 22, 2014

780 by InkDruid »»
Apr 16, 12:40 PM

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter (2011) Episode 59 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

FrostToaster - Dec 15, 2012

154 by red-tomato »»
Apr 16, 6:25 AM

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter (2011) Episode 111 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 7, 2014

516 by DF_BR »»
Apr 15, 9:31 PM

Poll: » Who is your Favourite character?

PushedCaraway - Mar 29

42 by Sorachin »»
Apr 15, 2:32 PM

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter (2011) Episode 148 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Haine - Sep 23, 2014

914 by cube98 »»
Apr 13, 10:43 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.