Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Post New Reply
#1
May 12, 2013 2:31 PM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2013
Posts: 34
Hello

I've heard, hunter gonna end after this long chimera arc.

It's true ?

It's very sad, cuz till now, hunter is my favourite shounen, I want to know better story with Hisoka and Gon, if Gon will defeat Hisoka, I want also something about Kurapika and others.

I've heard the author of Manga sometimes taking a break of creating manga and this is the main reason.

So what do you think about it ? Maybe im in bad ? Tell me what do you know.

Best regards
 
#2
May 12, 2013 2:36 PM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2013
Posts: 193
Yes. As of right now, the anime will end where the manga currently left off.
 
#3
May 12, 2013 2:43 PM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2010
Posts: 26591
I've heard that it will probably be after Chimera Ant or the next arc.

If you really want new episodes, go beat up the mangaka. He's been on haitus for a while. This would be as long as One Piece by now.
 
#4
May 12, 2013 2:49 PM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2012
Posts: 4670
Probz
 
#5
May 13, 2013 10:56 AM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 330
Probably.

Although I surely don't want it to end there.
But watching a ton of filler would be painstaking.
If only Togashi would stop playing around and continue his damn manga.
Fortunately, Chimera Ant Arc is pretty definite and a whole story itself.
 
#6
May 13, 2013 12:46 PM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2013
Posts: 260
Killua1102 said:
Yes. As of right now, the anime will end where the manga currently left off.

the manga didnt leave off on CA..
 
#7
May 13, 2013 1:04 PM

Offline
Joined: May 2012
Posts: 111
No it will probably finish at the end of the 13th chairman arc. Then we be caught up with the manga.
FGC drama. Mmmm delicious
 
#8
May 13, 2013 1:27 PM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2012
Posts: 1802
Nobody knows
 
#9
May 13, 2013 1:42 PM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2009
Posts: 53
Probably at 339 chapter. (end of election arc)
 
May 13, 2013 1:43 PM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2008
Posts: 13318
 
May 13, 2013 3:00 PM

Offline
Joined: May 2012
Posts: 137
No.
 
May 13, 2013 3:53 PM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2013
Posts: 260
Yes, and then they'll release the 13th Chairman Election arc in OVA's. /lols
 
May 13, 2013 3:56 PM

Offline
Joined: May 2012
Posts: 111
dextronaut said:
Yes, and then they'll release the 13th Chairman Election arc in OVA's. /lols

How do you know that?
FGC drama. Mmmm delicious
 
May 13, 2013 9:38 PM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2008
Posts: 975
Susanoo_Urameshi said:
dextronaut said:
Yes, and then they'll release the 13th Chairman Election arc in OVA's. /lols

How do you know that?


Nobody knows. Everybody's talking out of their asses.

We can only hope that Madhouse have some sort of understanding with the mangaka and that he will continue the manga on schedule so the anime won't catch up to it..
 
May 13, 2013 9:43 PM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2009
Posts: 21980
if their is not enough new manga material to animate then they might stop it there
 
May 13, 2013 10:14 PM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2009
Posts: 571
This show is super popular, they'll roll out the fillers when they run out of manga material.
 
May 13, 2013 10:27 PM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2009
Posts: 21980
walla said:
This show is super popular, they'll roll out the fillers when they run out of manga material.


i hope not damn Madhouse can just do a second season just like what they did with Hajime No Ippo
 
May 13, 2013 10:58 PM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2010
Posts: 26591
j0x said:
walla said:
This show is super popular, they'll roll out the fillers when they run out of manga material.


i hope not damn Madhouse can just do a second season just like what they did with Hajime No Ippo
Well that also took like 10 years.
 
May 20, 2013 4:59 AM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2011
Posts: 111
Togashi could just give all of his notes and scripts to Madhouse so they can finish it, instead of him...would be a lot faster.
And seeing as they adapted even the most badly drawn scene into something awesome so far (manga readers know how bad it´ll get from now on)...nah, he´ll be back...eventually.

They can always continue it...2020.
 
May 20, 2013 6:18 AM

Offline
Joined: May 2013
Posts: 800
I hope the anime will cover the next arc as well. It is needed to bring some closure to the story.

And yeah, Togashi should only do scripts from now on and let Madhouse do the rest xD
 
May 20, 2013 6:44 AM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2012
Posts: 726
The anime still far away from manga. But if the hiatus continued, yes, this arc would be the end.



 
May 20, 2013 8:04 AM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2012
Posts: 31
NO NO NO it will not end never ever I don't allow it!!!
Or rather please don't make it end -let it go on and on....
Cause I really can't stand reading manga I tried very hard (and read pretty far in the story) but still anime is so much better <3 ( I mean for me anime is better but I am aware thet many will not agree)
 
May 20, 2013 9:17 AM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2012
Posts: 605
It will. I just hope they do a good ending like FMA 2003
 
May 20, 2013 10:57 AM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2013
Posts: 260
HATUL300 said:
Susanoo_Urameshi said:
dextronaut said:
Yes, and then they'll release the 13th Chairman Election arc in OVA's. /lols

How do you know that?


Nobody knows. Everybody's talking out of their asses.

We can only hope that Madhouse have some sort of understanding with the mangaka and that he will continue the manga on schedule so the anime won't catch up to it..


haha I said "/lols" because I was being sarcastic. I really have no idea how they plan on doing it.
I wasn't talking out of my ass. Can we not joke?
The reason I said that was because that's what happened during the 1999 Hunter X Hunter series, it got canceled at end of Yorknew, then they finished up Greed Island by releasing OVA's.
The irony if it happened again, but one arc ahead.


Also, I have no idea why everyone thinks they'll end it on Chimera Ant arc. Togashi has a whole other arc already written called "13th Chairman Election"
With the popularity of this anime (and the movie), I don't see why they wouldn't atleast animate all of the written material (especially since the arc is finished and not, like, just left off in the middle). Im not sure if people are just unaware of this since they dont read the manga or is there some reason you think they wouldn't also animate that arc as well?
Modified by dextronaut, May 20, 2013 11:04 AM
 
May 20, 2013 11:00 AM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2013
Posts: 260
dextronaut said:
HATUL300 said:
Susanoo_Urameshi said:
dextronaut said:
Yes, and then they'll release the 13th Chairman Election arc in OVA's. /lols

How do you know that?


Nobody knows. Everybody's talking out of their asses.

We can only hope that Madhouse have some sort of understanding with the mangaka and that he will continue the manga on schedule so the anime won't catch up to it..


haha I said "/lols" because I was being sarcastic. I really have no idea how they plan on doing it.
I wasn't talking out of my ass. Can we not joke?
The reason I said that was because that's what happened during the 1999 Hunter X Hunter series, it got canceled at end of Yorknew, then they finished up Greed Island by releasing OVA's.
The irony if it happened again, but one arc ahead.


Also, I have no idea why everyone thinks they'll end it on Chimera Ant arc. Togashi has a whole other arc already written called "13th Chairman Election"
With the popularity of this anime (and the movie), I don't see why they wouldn't atleast animate all of the written material (especially since the arc is finished and not, like, just left off in the middle). Im not sure if people are just unaware of this since they dont read the manga or is there some reason you think they wouldn't also animate that arc as well?

Also, I tried deleting this as Im double posting (I though I edited my last post but apparently I was quoting it and posting a new one), but it's telling me I have an invalid message ID. Sorry.
Guess I wont edit in my new post to my last post so its not as repetitive, unless a mod chooses to delete this of course.
 
May 20, 2013 11:10 AM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2009
Posts: 306
To bad. Hopefully it'll start up again in the future..
 
May 20, 2013 3:38 PM

Offline
Joined: May 2011
Posts: 273
How is the pacing for the Chimera Ant arc? Are they going through it fast or slow? I want to watch it but not until its all over.
 
May 20, 2013 6:32 PM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2012
Posts: 350
with the pace of greed island this ARC ends in 36 episodes (40-41 total), even when they material for 60-65 Episodes. The GI-ARC have 66 Chaps and they rushed through it with 17 Episodes. (maybe cos the story is known from the old anime series, who knows)
 
May 20, 2013 8:48 PM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2009
Posts: 809
the guy who does the manga needs to get off his lazy ass
 
May 24, 2013 4:42 AM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2009
Posts: 3771
phreeak said:
with the pace of greed island this ARC ends in 36 episodes (40-41 total), even when they material for 60-65 Episodes.


How long is the Chimera Ant arc? The number of chapters, I mean.
 
May 24, 2013 4:47 AM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2012
Posts: 379
^132 chapters
 
May 24, 2013 10:31 AM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2008
Posts: 1696
I think it will still go on to the latest Arc, and then stop there. At the same chapter as Togashi before he went on Hiatus again.


Visit this blog That I'm working with my friend
http://randomnessthing.com/
 
Jul 14, 2013 7:06 AM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2012
Posts: 66
If they end the anime at the end of chimera ant they should at least end it to the part where


I think the hiatus will continue even until the anime catch up to the manga.

Mod Edit: Please use spoiler tags.
Modified by Luna, Jul 14, 2013 8:36 AM
 
Jul 14, 2013 6:06 PM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2013
Posts: 58
i hope not

i love the anime
 
Jul 14, 2013 6:34 PM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2009
Posts: 21980
what if Togashi decided to continue writing for the anime instead of making the manga? considering their are rumors that he cannot draw anymore due to hand injuries? i think that will be a nice compromise he can just focus on writing the story instead of drawing it too
 
Jul 14, 2013 7:01 PM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2010
Posts: 26591
j0x said:
what if Togashi decided to continue writing for the anime instead of making the manga? considering their are rumors that he cannot draw anymore due to hand injuries? i think that will be a nice compromise he can just focus on writing the story instead of drawing it too
That would be great but I don't know if it's ever been done before. He could just do the story, design the characters, draw up names for the scenes. That would be very interesting if that happened.
Break down the wall between anime and manga viewers.
 
Jul 14, 2013 7:06 PM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2009
Posts: 21980
IntroverTurtle said:
j0x said:
what if Togashi decided to continue writing for the anime instead of making the manga? considering their are rumors that he cannot draw anymore due to hand injuries? i think that will be a nice compromise he can just focus on writing the story instead of drawing it too
That would be great but I don't know if it's ever been done before. He could just do the story, design the characters, draw up names for the scenes. That would be very interesting if that happened.
Break down the wall between anime and manga viewers.


i hope it happens if ever he will not break his hiatus
 
Oct 25, 2013 7:32 AM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2013
Posts: 383
It's almost as clear as crystals that the anime will be ending on chapter 339. I hope it ends there.
Gutalala ~~ sudalala


"It would be great to live as a human"
-Meruem, King of the Ants
 
Oct 25, 2013 3:57 PM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2012
Posts: 2
It's all Togashi's fault! I don't want it to end so soon but no one knows what will happen.
 
Oct 25, 2013 5:58 PM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2013
Posts: 6
Most likely it will continue the anime to the next arc, with the chairmen, and will end it there.

Or they will go into a filler arc after the chairmen arc, though I highly doubt this because there hasn't been filler yet. They might just end it. It's not like anything pressing such as a cliffhanger or something mysterious happened at the end of that arc, they could wrap it up nicely.
 
Oct 25, 2013 8:28 PM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2012
Posts: 264
Modified by Kyzen, Oct 25, 2013 9:19 PM
Darker Than BLACK says that the truth exists beyond the gate.

Steins;Gate says LET'S HACK THE DAMN GATE THEN!

El psy congroo!

its the works of the steins;gate!
 
Oct 25, 2013 8:44 PM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2013
Posts: 423
^Can you put that in a spoiler box? jeez.
 
Oct 25, 2013 9:20 PM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2012
Posts: 264
Cresherhsm said:
^Can you put that in a spoiler box? jeez.

lol sure :P
Darker Than BLACK says that the truth exists beyond the gate.

Steins;Gate says LET'S HACK THE DAMN GATE THEN!

El psy congroo!

its the works of the steins;gate!
 
Oct 28, 2013 3:38 AM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2012
Posts: 67
As much as I love hunter x hunter, I doubt Togashi gives two fucks about this series anymore. If he did, he would be off his ass by now or atleast give an explanation of what happened or what to expect to all the FANS that love this show. He has done neither so he is probably out for the count lol. I think they might animate the arc after the Chimera Ant stuff but that is as far as they will go. Honestly depending on how they end this arc they might even cut if after this arc.
 
Oct 28, 2013 4:56 AM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2013
Posts: 653
I don't think thats a good gauge, it's not like he ever gave a fuck about the fans while writing HxH, why would he start now?
Railroad switch
 
Oct 28, 2013 7:44 AM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2011
Posts: 341
To the two posts above:

It's not that he never gave a fuck about the fans. Dude has been a mangaka for well over 20 years now. So to take into consideration that he started this series back in 1998, it isn't exactly unfathomable to think that he lost interest or at the least doesn't have the initiative to draw that he used to. Between him and his wife, they created two of the most successful manga of all time in Yu Yu Hakusho and Sailor Moon and not to mention the amount of money already made from Hunter x Hunter, so you know he doesn't exactly need the money from continuing Hunter x Hunter. Not to mention he has a family now so it's not hard to believe that he'd much prefer to use his time spending it with his family as opposed to dedicating himself to work. He's never really handled the stress well from being a mangaka either. So I'm not making excuses for him because at this point, I think he's just abusing the fact that he is so well respected and can work whenever he feels like it, but I'm just saying it's more of he isn't committed to the job like he was when he was young as opposed to him just blatantly not caring about the fans.
 
Oct 28, 2013 7:52 AM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2013
Posts: 653
Note: I never said he didn't give a fuck about the manga. I said he didn't give a fuck about the fans and I specifically said while writing HXH not his previous works. Please don't call me out when you didn't even read my post.

EDIT: And if he did give a fuck about the fans it would literally take him 10 seconds to let us know if he was or was not continuing, or just that he was considering not continuing it. You know, something. Hell, it's hard to tell if the guy is even alive.

Appreciate the explanation about SM and YYH though. Amazingly some of us were actually alive when those came out.
Modified by JustLurking, Oct 28, 2013 8:06 AM
Railroad switch
 
Oct 28, 2013 8:16 AM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2011
Posts: 341
JustLurking said:
Note: I never said he didn't give a fuck about the manga. I said he didn't give a fuck about the fans and I specifically said while writing HXH not his previous works. Please don't call me out when you didn't even read my post.

EDIT: And if he did give a fuck about the fans it would literally take him 10 seconds to let us know if he was or was not continuing, or just that he was considering not continuing it. You know, something. Hell, it's hard to tell if the guy is even alive.

Appreciate the explanation about SM and YYH though. Amazingly some of us were actually alive when those came out.


I wasn't as much calling you out as I was trying to elaborate on why Togashi operates the way he does. I still don't think it's as much that he doesn't care about the fans as he feels he doesn't owe them anything. Maybe you could interpret those the same way, but for me I see it as he wants to start back up whenever he feels like it without having to give a set time as to when he has to start drawing again.
 
Oct 28, 2013 8:25 AM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2013
Posts: 653
As I said. Even if he made a public response that said "I don't fucking know, leave me the fuck alone" at least we could be 100% certain he is alive. Try and prove with recent official announcements that he is in fact DEFINITELY alive.

Whether or not he will continue HXH is arbitrary. He just doesn't care to let anyone know what the fuck is going on = doesn't care if people are hanging on for it or not = doesn't care about the fans. Whether or not you think you owe something to the fans, as a human being you should be able to appreciate that some people do care about what is going to happen.

He doesn't have to give a definitive answer he just has to respond in some fashion, even 1 word: "Maybe." Wouldn't it be nice to just get that from him? If he felt like elaborating he could add "One day."

I'm not saying that it's a bad thing. I don't care about the fans either.

I do hope there is a continuation for HXH, but you're kidding yourself if you think he's DEFINITELY going to do it. Just the same as if you think hes definitely NOT going to do it. You just can't tell one way or the other because he doesn't tell anyone jack shit and his hiatus' can go on for any unknown period of time and may or may not be forever. Who knows?
Railroad switch
 
Oct 28, 2013 12:57 PM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2013
Posts: 1563
I hope they put in a filler hell like the end of Naruto "sarcasm". Togashi should just do a rushed ending if he doesn't want to write any more, at least that's better than having no ending at all.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
 
Pages (2) [1] 2 »