Forum Settings
Forums
New
Will you watch this?
Dec 29, 2008 7:00 PM

Aug 2007
Seeing that the TV serie was fail beyond belief (for me anyway, don't even start), will you bother to watch this, seeing it will be released in late June next year? Personally, I will probably (hopefully) not even remember the show by then, so for me it's probably a no.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Dec 29, 2008 8:15 PM

Feb 2008
I might watch it, although I was really disappointed in the last episode...

When life gives you a hundred reasons to cry, give it a thousand reasons to smile. =]
Dec 29, 2008 9:15 PM

Oct 2007
heartattack said:

quoted for emphasis.
Dec 29, 2008 9:16 PM

Oct 2008
cr4sian_phil said:
heartattack said:

quoted for emphasis.

Quoted for Truth. and emphasis.
Dec 29, 2008 9:42 PM
Jun 2008
How can anyone be disappointed with wincest? What's the world coming to??
Dec 29, 2008 9:53 PM

Aug 2008
holy_moses said:
How can anyone be disappointed with wincest? What's the world coming to??

It's just that they didn't want to have anymore retarded people in the world...which is why they were disappointed.

But anyways, I do like the series for some reason, so I'll watch it. Hey, no anime I've watched has been bad for me ever since.
Dec 30, 2008 12:54 PM
Sep 2008
I'll watch it... seeing how I can't bare not to finish a series.
Dec 30, 2008 3:41 PM

Oct 2008
I'm looking forward to it.
Dec 30, 2008 4:06 PM

Mar 2007
I'll watch it for the sake of completeness, that's it.
You've come a long way, baby.
Dec 31, 2008 7:50 PM

Apr 2008
Kimura said:

QFT

I'll admit i enjoyed the series somewhat..but i dunno

and from the looks of it we might be getting a
ending since
The website does hint that the new Akane-Iro ni Somaru Saka project might be "different" from the television series, and asks viewers to look forward to it.
makes me think a different ending will happen or something
Dec 31, 2008 8:31 PM

Jul 2008
Well i liked the series, i enjoyed the ending and im looking forward to watching the OVA.
Dec 31, 2008 8:34 PM

Jul 2008
It'll probably be one of those "don't but say you did" things for me lol. The series was an epic failure.
Jan 2, 2009 4:43 AM

Mar 2008
might as well, for kicks...
Jan 3, 2009 1:26 AM
Apr 2008
Since I Liked The Anime Series, I Guess I'm Gonna Watch It . Even If I Was A Bit Disapponted About The Ending.
Jan 4, 2009 10:34 AM

Jun 2008
Zange said:
cr4sian_phil said:
heartattack said:

quoted for emphasis.

Quoted for Truth. and emphasis.

Quoted for Agreement.

They're saying the story might be a little different so I'm curious - what kind of "different" are they talking about? Difference of the girl the guy will pick at the end? If it's that kind of difference then I'll watch it.

Lee Min Ho//MatsuJun=Love. 'Nuff said.
Jan 5, 2009 6:33 PM

Apr 2008
Watch it in hopes for a Yuuhi ending. To be honest I just felt like i was watching Da Capo without the magic sakura
LvhinaJan 25, 2009 1:20 PM
Jan 6, 2009 2:17 PM

Dec 2008
lol.."wincest"...

it was an ok series, but i'll mainly be watching for the sake completeness.
Jan 6, 2009 2:19 PM
Jul 2018
Kimura said:
Jan 8, 2009 3:57 AM

Jan 2009
They all go to the beach or some lame episode like so many OVA in the past have been. I'll watch it though since I like the beach...
Jan 8, 2009 11:02 AM

Aug 2007
I'm hoping for an Yuuhi ending, as it was supposed to be. Oh, and some better developments, as it was really ridicules to put all the development in one episode [the confessing part from Yuuhi, that is]. I'll only consider watching this if I hear some good points when it's out.
Dutch anime blogger with a love for Ikuhara's antics and proper storytelling.
Jan 10, 2009 8:50 AM
Jan 2008
I thought the TV-series was quite good.
The story was okay (the story wasn't involved in most of the ep's, but in the ones it was, it was good), and I really liked most of the characters.
The ending was kinda strage though.

This OVA is not something I get all hyped up about, but I think it's worth a watch :).
Jan 10, 2009 8:55 AM

Apr 2008
The series is just okay for me. I'm just disappointed how Junichi explained his decision.

After finishing the series, why wouldn't I bother watching the OVA. Actually, I'm looking forward to it.

Jan 10, 2009 10:42 AM

Nov 2008
I hope it's an alternate end...with less messed up story and preferably a Yuuhi ending(cuz my favorite from the show with Nagomi).
Jan 10, 2009 11:01 AM

Dec 2007
I'll watch it just to see what kind of "diference" they'll do. I didn't like the ending, so...

Jan 15, 2009 11:16 AM

Jan 2009
Same feelings here. Ending was disappointing: I'll watch this
Jan 17, 2009 5:00 AM

Apr 2008
The ending was the only thing that made the show worth while to me.

Overrated violent tsundere is overrated and violent. Minato CLEARLY pwns Yuuhi IMO. Plus, seeing a "different" ending would only make it another boring harem. But I will watch the OVA for the sake of completion.
Jan 17, 2009 5:56 AM

Nov 2008
violent tsundere? Lol ...all of the tsunderes are violent...that's why they're tsunderes. Minato pwns Yuuhi? How?only in "maid programing" and breast size. She has(as i stated elsewhere) has no real personality...only an always nice maid who perfect in everything. That's not a personality...or if it is then not a human's(more like a robot's). Even the thing that Yuuhi is a tsundere is not certain because she only punches him when he do something that greatly amuses her. So calling Yuuhi a tsundere is the same as we call Miyama Yuna(from Maburaho) a tsundere because she beats up the main guy several times.
Jan 17, 2009 11:14 PM

Apr 2008
You sir, clearly do not know the definition of 'tsundere'. There's a lot of things I can say in response to prove you wrong, but with your clear lack of knowledge and sloppy way of typing, I really don't feel like it.

Although, maybe someone else with true knowledge on the term can be bothered to help you out. Good luck with that.
Jan 17, 2009 11:24 PM

Oct 2007
willyvereb said:
violent tsundere? Lol ...all of the tsunderes are violent...that's why they're tsunderes. Minato pwns Yuuhi? How?only in "maid programing" and breast size. She has(as i stated elsewhere) has no real personality...only an always nice maid who perfect in everything. That's not a personality...or if it is then not a human's(more like a robot's). Even the thing that Yuuhi is a tsundere is not certain because she only punches him when he do something that greatly amuses her. So calling Yuuhi a tsundere is the same as we call Miyama Yuna(from Maburaho) a tsundere because she beats up the main guy several times.

Absolutely incorrect. Violence and slapstick comedy does not a tsundere make. The traditional concept of a tsundere is this: a character who, in the beginning, is cold toward the main character, but gradually grows to care for him. Tohsaka Rin from Fate/Stay Night is a very good example of this concept.

The modern concept is as such: a character whom genuinely cares for another (usually the main, as before), but hides that kind and caring side under an irritable or cold facade. Kagami Hiiragi from Lucky Star is an example of this type.

The popularized concept is a character who is added to an anime for the sole purpose of being "tsundere" but ends up being 90% tsuntsun (cold and unforgiving) and 10% deredere (caring and loving), and that's if they're lucky. Most of these "characters" spend the entire anime doing nothing but beating on the main character and having absolutely zero development because LOL TSUNDERE SELLS. Characters like Akane-iro's own Yuuhi are examples of this.

Violence isn't inherently tsundere, and tsundere aren't inherently violent. Lern2archetype.
KuyuJan 17, 2009 11:29 PM
You can find me on IRC.
Jan 17, 2009 11:49 PM

Apr 2008
OHHH LOOK WHO IT IS. :D <3 At any rate, what he says is true.

And, just for the record I don't like Minato because she has big boobs nor am I going to say she's a great character. (Yuuhi had a pretty nice rack too last time I checked) Akane-iro was a bad anime, the characters were also poorly done and sterotypical, but I personally felt Minato had the best role and actually showed SOME character. Minato was FAR from perfect. She knew how to do housework and cook... what's so bad about that? I know I'D want a wife that could do those things, not one who'd mess it up every two seconds and break the kitchen.

Aside from that, she has plenty of other worthy qualities. But even taking those away, abilities and the personality of someone are two different things. Despite being seen as "perfect" in every way, it was obvious Minato was struggling on the inside for MANY years. No one is perfect. No one is born with the ability to do things well either. Minato learned how to cook and clean and do the things she did because she wanted to help her brother. And, she fell in love with him. Even when a girl came into his life, she just had to deal with it and tried wishing him the best. Really. Is that someone with no personality? No, that was someone trying to be STRONG. It's not perfection, it's not a robot. It's a mask for her weakness, and at the same time it was her own strength.

Plus, Junichi actually had a REASON to be in love with her. The reason he had for Yuuhi was "Oh, we're being forced into some marriage and blah." Talk about boring, unlikely, and unoriginal. Now, I'm not saying Minato is amazing, it's hard to be when being in such a crappy anime to begin with, but she certainly impressed me far more than the typical violent tsundere Yuuhi that we see so often nowadays. Junichi made a good choice.

Oh, and I love loli tsunderes fyi. Ones that are actually loli tsunderes.
Jan 19, 2009 1:54 PM
Jan 2009
i actually thought that the series wasnt bad to be honest and ill watch the ova wont mind if they bring out another season
Jan 21, 2009 3:57 PM

Oct 2008
Yes, but not until summer or autumn though...
Jan 25, 2009 12:12 AM

Apr 2008
Wincest!

will watch for the sake of completion
Jan 25, 2009 11:20 AM

Jan 2009
The ending probably wasn't the best but at least there was some story to it. Unlike SHUFFLE!!!...... if i compare this anime and shuffle! it is 50 times better. =D I am a shuffle! hater.
Jan 25, 2009 1:23 PM

Apr 2008
Complex_Ninja said:
The ending probably wasn't the best but at least there was some story to it. Unlike SHUFFLE!!!...... if i compare this anime and shuffle! it is 50 times better. =D I am a shuffle! hater.

I'm curious how this ending was better than Shuffle!.
Jan 26, 2009 6:53 PM

Apr 2008
If I have nothing else better to do, why not? I've seen the series, might as well add the OVA to my list of so-so but not terrible anime. :D
Feb 17, 2009 4:07 AM
Feb 2009
Tsuruya-san said:
OHHH LOOK WHO IT IS. :D <3 At any rate, what he says is true.

And, just for the record I don't like Minato because she has big boobs nor am I going to say she's a great character. (Yuuhi had a pretty nice rack too last time I checked) Akane-iro was a bad anime, the characters were also poorly done and sterotypical, but I personally felt Minato had the best role and actually showed SOME character. Minato was FAR from perfect. She knew how to do housework and cook... what's so bad about that? I know I'D want a wife that could do those things, not one who'd mess it up every two seconds and break the kitchen.

Aside from that, she has plenty of other worthy qualities. But even taking those away, abilities and the personality of someone are two different things. Despite being seen as "perfect" in every way, it was obvious Minato was struggling on the inside for MANY years. No one is perfect. No one is born with the ability to do things well either. Minato learned how to cook and clean and do the things she did because she wanted to help her brother. And, she fell in love with him. Even when a girl came into his life, she just had to deal with it and tried wishing him the best. Really. Is that someone with no personality? No, that was someone trying to be STRONG. It's not perfection, it's not a robot. It's a mask for her weakness, and at the same time it was her own strength.

Plus, Junichi actually had a REASON to be in love with her. The reason he had for Yuuhi was "Oh, we're being forced into some marriage and blah." Talk about boring, unlikely, and unoriginal. Now, I'm not saying Minato is amazing, it's hard to be when being in such a crappy anime to begin with, but she certainly impressed me far more than the typical violent tsundere Yuuhi that we see so often nowadays. Junichi made a good choice.

Oh, and I love loli tsunderes fyi. Ones that are actually loli tsunderes.

^
^
i don't think it's absolutely right
lemme say this ( sorry if it is bugging you) :
1. minato is far from perfect ? allright i take that she is not perfect but she is "almost" perfect when "it's all about junichi" that's the first reason that make the anime feel boring.

2. minato is junichi "little sister" although is not related by blood or anything like that but i think we must think it very carefully

3. junichi "REASON" for marrying yuuhi is because he was being forced into some marriage ? i think you didn't watch the anime carefully huh ? in eps. 9 or 10 ( i forget about it but i think around that eps) when yuuhi had an ill or something like that junichi take care after her.. and after that he kiss her and says love her for the "FIRST SIGHT" when he helped her in 1st eps. so i think there is no "FORCED" marriage and "ACTUALLY" the "FORCED" one is yuuhi ! not junichi ! remember that !

4. although in three i said "FORCED" one is yuuhi actually before the first kiss between yuuhi and junichi thy'er actually love each other don't they ? but b'coz of one junichi idiot action that make yuuhi feel really embarassed she says that she hate junichi.

5. about personality and tsundere means i cannot say anything about that b'coz i think it's a far away tought.

sorry about this tsuruya-san but think your perception about this anime wrong a bit...

and kuyukly thanks for explaining the mean of "tsundere" ^^

ah one more tought for you all : the really thing why this anime ending feels really weird is because : in every each eps. i think it's about yuuhi - junichi being paired up and hoping that junichi and yuuhi says the truth about their feeling but in the ending i don't where is come from because there aren't any scene that makes junichi - minato feel like they're loving each other

(that's my tought but i think everyone has different about it so just think it carefully) thats all from me for now thx ^^
Feb 17, 2009 4:10 AM

Sep 2007
well I already finished it, so I think watching the OVA will be a nice change of pace too... lol

[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/_Haru&sclick=1]
Mar 12, 2009 2:06 PM

Dec 2007
Either we will get a Yuuhi ending or the [sarcasm]Big Shock[/sarcasm] ending that Minato isn't really his sister.
Mar 13, 2009 3:20 AM

Sep 2008
g-man01 said:
i actually thought that the series wasnt bad to be honest and ill watch the ova wont mind if they bring out another season

it's actually not that bad of a series. there's even shittier garbage out there people love.

and at least more than half of the haters say its bad just b/c they were extremly butthurt by the ending.

But in all honesty 1 extra ova dedicated to wrap things up would make more sense.

not doing something retarded like creating baby powders for the butthurt idiots.
Mar 15, 2009 1:17 AM

Sep 2008
UnStAWPable said:
I'll watch it... seeing how I can't bare not to finish a series.

truth to be told
Apr 14, 2009 6:55 AM
Jul 2008
Minuette said:

i'm aggre with you ~.~ dissapointed.. in the end episode
Jun 8, 2009 8:30 PM

May 2009
Minuette said:
Glad to know i wasnt the only one. I will watch this though
Jun 15, 2009 12:40 PM

Aug 2008
I probably will, just to see how it is for the sake of it. Maybe it will be an alternative ending, like the Tomoyo OVA in Clannad??
It's not MY fault I'm crazy, I take after my parents.
Edward Wong Hau Pepelu Tivrusky IV was here. As usual, she has hacked my account. :D
Jun 16, 2009 9:48 PM
May 2009
The Akane-iro ni Somaru Saka official website has posted preview pictures of Hardcore, and it seems it'll be a beach OVA...whether there are actually character developments remains to be seen...
Jun 17, 2009 1:38 PM

Feb 2008
Personally, I wouldn't mind it going back to it's eroge roots as long as it doesn't try to change the ending.
Jun 29, 2009 7:34 AM

Sep 2007
When I start a series, I finish the whole series. Even though it may suck or fail.
Jul 18, 2009 11:59 PM
Jan 2009
Watching.
Jul 30, 2009 9:51 PM

Apr 2008
im only going to watch this for the sake of completing it .. thats all .. dont really like too much series dropped

Aug 7, 2009 5:24 PM

Nov 2007
haha..who care if it "Hardcore"
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Akane-iro ni Somaru Saka Hardcore Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

HanzoMittori - Jun 27, 2009

89 by Gendolfas »»
Mar 5, 2021 1:51 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.