Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (11) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
May 12, 2013 6:30 AM

May 2009
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Healed as fuck

bastek66May 12, 2013 6:36 AM
May 12, 2013 6:33 AM
Dec 2012
Interesting development again! This anime rocks!

They sang in Valvrave, and now they danced in Gargantia. Becoming a trend in mecha anime?
May 12, 2013 6:34 AM
Aug 2012
Geh.. no action.

I was hoping on an invasion..
May 12, 2013 7:00 AM

Sep 2012
bastek66 said:
Healed as fuck
Tsuji Santa is an animator in Nitroplus. Guess the connection of Gen and Naruko means that lots of veteran adult animator/mangaka from the adult VN/manga are helping with the end card. Last episode we have Hisashi who is an up-and-coming and popular adult manga writer.

nnangle said:
Geh.. no action.
Does exotic dance count as actions?
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
May 12, 2013 7:16 AM

May 2009
Better than Magi's
May 12, 2013 7:17 AM

Jun 2009
I loved those sweet moments between Amy & Ledo. And I'm looking forward to Ledo's battle with that Hideauze.

bastek66 said:
Better than Magi's

100% agreed.
May 12, 2013 7:20 AM
Jul 2012
bastek66 said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Healed as fuck

Holy shit I should watch this from dropping this. Cute as hell!
May 12, 2013 7:29 AM
Aug 2012
eminagnam said:

They sang in Valvrave, and now they danced in Gargantia. Becoming a trend in mecha anime?

No offense but you never watched Macross series did you? Singing and dancing were already there in Mecha anime and nobody said there couldn't be any!!! Besides this series doesn't revolve around mecha battles, it uses it as a plot device of sorts.

May 12, 2013 7:49 AM
Sep 2012
I just want to do my own thaaang with my thaaang every time I watch Gargantia. Sexiest show of the year candidate right here. This episode is the ultimate proof.
May 12, 2013 7:50 AM

Jan 2010
WHAT?!! Erotic dance?!!!!
0,0....come on! It should be more!

May 12, 2013 8:13 AM

Sep 2012
bastek66 said:
Better than Magi's
Much much much better. I can now fully believe the director did not lie when he said they have had almost one year to prepare the animation (the final version of the screenplay was finished more than one year ago and the storyboard was also ready around one year ago).

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
May 12, 2013 8:14 AM
Dec 2012
Dragon_Slayer_X said:

No offense but you never watched Macross series did you? Singing and dancing were already there in Mecha anime and nobody said there couldn't be any!!! Besides this series doesn't revolve around mecha battles, it uses it as a plot device of sorts.

I have watched Macross. Singing and dancing were not a trend in mecha anime back then. There were tons of mecha anime in those days. Thus I wondered this time. Besides, I didnt say "in mecha battle anime." I said "in mecha anime."
May 12, 2013 8:19 AM

Oct 2007
Dragon_Slayer_X said:
eminagnam said:

People nowadays have this idea that all mecha shows need to be deathly serious 100% of the time these days. There's also very little frame of reference for classics like SDF Macross among todays anime going audience. In fact I'm pretty sure the oldest mecha show most people appear to have seen is Evangelion or possibly not even considering how much talk Gundam Seed seems to get.
May 12, 2013 8:25 AM

Sep 2012
Is this a to love ru thread?
May 12, 2013 8:27 AM

Sep 2012
SetsukoHara said:
For this to be ToLoveRu we need a guy who is always clumsy but lucky enough to kiss, grope, pull panties or skid under skirt of girls. Do we see it here?

May 12, 2013 8:28 AM
Dec 2012
Kaioshin_Sama said:
People nowadays have this idea that all mecha shows need to be deathly serious 100% of the time these days. There's also very little frame of reference for classics like SDF Macross among todays anime going audience. In fact I'm pretty sure the oldest mecha show most people appear to have seen is Evangelion or possibly not even considering how much talk Gundam Seed seems to get.

And both Macross and Gundam had so many series and episodes.
May 12, 2013 8:30 AM
Aug 2012
Kaioshin_Sama said:
Dragon_Slayer_X said:
eminagnam said:

Nah it was Ninja Robots for me and a few other old shows i can't really remember the name. But you are right...........most people think mecha shows need to be serious, all about killing stuff, love is forbidden etc etc...........they really don't know what they want tbh!!!

May 12, 2013 8:32 AM

May 2009

Solo dance for Ledo scene
May 12, 2013 8:39 AM

Jan 2010
bastek66 said:

Solo dance for Ledo scene

This is what I'm looking for!
Anddd.....I was right that this ep will be more fanservice...that dance..0,0 omg!
AoiMizuMay 12, 2013 8:55 AM

May 12, 2013 8:46 AM
Dec 2011
All of this fanservice bugs me for anime like this , fanservice reminds me of Naruco's works a lot
May 12, 2013 8:49 AM

Sep 2012
symbv said:
SetsukoHara said:
For this to be ToLoveRu we need a guy who is always clumsy but lucky enough to kiss, grope, pull panties or skid under skirt of girls. Do we see it here?

No, but we see a lot of girls showing "good manners" if you know what I mean.
May 12, 2013 9:02 AM
Feb 2013
All right Mr. Octopus if you are really the Hideauze then come and wreck some ship already. I expect some action in next episode.
Well, I love comedy, slice of life and fanservice in this show but I want to see some action and drama too. I hope we can see them in many episode from now on.
May 12, 2013 9:09 AM

Jan 2010
silentway said:
All right Mr. Octopus if you are really the Hideauze then come and wreck some ship already. I expect some action in next episode.
Well, I love comedy, slice of life and fanservice in this show but I want to see some action and drama too. I hope we can see them in many episode from now on.

Yes! I agree with you. Come on, Ledo!

May 12, 2013 9:17 AM

Nov 2011

Hawt. What an episode. Beauty~
May 12, 2013 9:35 AM

Nov 2009
Phenomenon that Ledo often sees on Earth at night

and a creature that appear at the end...

See the connection??

If that thing is really a hideauze, its origin may not be so far away....
May 12, 2013 9:45 AM

Apr 2013
nnangle said:
Geh.. no action.

I thought last episode pretty much showed us that this won't get any action until episode 10+
May 12, 2013 9:54 AM

Sep 2011
Dragon_Slayer_X said:
Kaioshin_Sama said:
Dragon_Slayer_X said:
eminagnam said:

Nah it was Ninja Robots for me and a few other old shows i can't really remember the name. But you are right...........most people think mecha shows need to be serious, all about killing stuff, love is forbidden etc etc...........they really don't know what they want tbh!!!

all mecha should be super deep and serial you guys~!

yup...
Brigs77May 12, 2013 11:38 AM
May 12, 2013 10:11 AM

Sep 2012
2 fanservice episode. This and the last one O.O
Well I'm still hoping for some action....

Yes, a Hideauze!
onepineMay 12, 2013 10:38 AM
May 12, 2013 10:11 AM

Feb 2009
Jeez in this episode the camera pans at the women's bodies before showing us their faces.
Don't tell me the hideauze are some kind of animal experiments gone wrong.
May 12, 2013 10:41 AM

Jan 2010
fascinating episode!
Really good for the last batch of fanservice and hint of something blossom or awaking inside Ledo! *the way he look at Amy's dance and his common sense*
Just a great ep! Seem like next ep will be a bit action!
<< Lovely~!
AoiMizuMay 12, 2013 11:08 AM

May 12, 2013 10:49 AM

Aug 2011
OMG AMY AND LEDO ARE SOOOOOOO CUTE.

Dang, shit's going down next episode or what?
May 12, 2013 10:51 AM

Jun 2012
Ledo's development in this episode I found particularly engaging. We've slowly but steadily been seeing him become more human.

I mean now he notices Amy as a girl and females in general when in episode 1 girls were the last thing on his mind. What makes this growth work is how all of this is being told through subtle details that Production IG puts into the show. At dinner when Bellows was arguing the blonde guy(forget his name all the time) he wasn't even paying attention to them but to Amy, Saaya, and Melty dancing on stage. The fanservice in this context worked for me for what it was trying to establish with Ledo
May 12, 2013 10:55 AM

May 2012
Hybridbloodszak said:
Ledo's development in this episode I found particularly engaging. We've slowly but steadily been seeing him become more human.

I mean now he notices Amy as a girl and females in general when in episode 1 girls were the last thing on his mind. What makes this growth work is how all of this is being told through subtle details that Production IG puts into the show. At dinner when Bellows was arguing the blonde guy(forget his name all the time) he wasn't even paying attention to them but to Amy, Saaya, and Melty dancing on stage. The fanservice in this context worked for me for what it was trying to establish with Ledo

^

This guy. He gets it. LOL At people complaining about fanservice this ep. It was obviously used for a purpose. Ledo is becoming human like my mans over here just said.
May 12, 2013 11:00 AM

Mar 2013
And with this, the Ledo x Amy ship has finally set sail...
May 12, 2013 11:05 AM

May 2013
good episode. nice dance by the girls.
May 12, 2013 11:06 AM

Dec 2011
The Hideauze. Finally. Another battle!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 12, 2013 11:13 AM

Dec 2009
Such derpy dance animation. Really out of place too.
I have my own anime blog. It's called Anime Viking. Hope you'll you read it!

May 12, 2013 11:13 AM

Feb 2012
Looks like Ledo got his first boner.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 12, 2013 11:16 AM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
MaxCrazy7 said:
Jeez in this episode the camera pans at the women's bodies before showing us their faces.

At first I thought it was kind of unnecessary to pan in mostly at their bodies, but then after reading Hybridbloodszak's post, it made more sense. We basically get an eyeline match of Ledo looking at the dancers, so we should be seeing what he is seeing. And since everything is so foreign to him, I guess it's not too far fetched to say that he's paying some attention to their bodies? Lol not sure if that made sense. Also, I don't think the only point of those shots on the bodies are for fanservice per se, but to show the dance itself, which has a lot of moves that use certain parts of their bodies, one example being that there's a lot of butt shaking.

Anyways, lovely episode. Once again, really relaxing, and love the light comedy, like how Chamber butchered all the fish with his way of doing things. Good to know that Ledo is still needed and Chamber can't do everything by himself. And seriously, I just love the scenery in this anime. All that glowing in the sea and the sky is just mesmerizing, something that I wish I could see for myself. The solo dance was also quite nice. But oh man that last part. A Hideauze?!?!
May 12, 2013 11:23 AM

Apr 2011
AoiMizu said:
fascinating episode!
Really good for the last batch of fanservice and hint of something blossom or awaking inside Ledo! *the way he look at Amy's dance and his common sense*
Just a great ep! Seem like next ep will be a bit action!
<< Lovely~!

That smile~

Another good episode! Base on the last few scenes, I guess the next episode has some action scenes on it.
Can't wait for it!~

May 12, 2013 11:23 AM

Oct 2011
I wish there wasn't so much fanservice but I guess if we're going from Ledo's perspective, it makes sense he'd be looking. I'm enjoying seeing Ledo understand more about the Gargantia's way of life each episode. Amy's solo dance for Ledo was really nice. Just hoping that we get some action next episode!
May 12, 2013 11:24 AM

Jan 2010
Hybridbloodszak said:

Wow...Now I'm looking SnG in different perspective! What did you say is true!
Ledo before this, his got lack emotion and now he can smile and become more humanity.
AoiMizuMay 12, 2013 11:44 AM

May 12, 2013 11:28 AM

Jan 2013
Amazing animation this episode.
Loved it
May 12, 2013 11:29 AM

Apr 2013
Good episode but..

I think the biggest problem with SnG is that the first 5 minutes of episode 1 gave everyone false hope about what this anime would be or at least most of it. Its genre is closer to a slice of life than action mecha. Anyway hopefully we get some action in the last few episode at least.

As always, the animation and artwork was really beautiful.
May 12, 2013 11:30 AM

May 2010
finally at the very end of the episode something is happeninng. last few episodes were still nice BUT they were boring and not what i expect from [Genres: Action, Mecha, Sci-Fi] such an anime.

still 3/5 all nice n fine but realy nothing special.
May 12, 2013 11:31 AM
Jul 2011
Nothing going on at all in this show. Just fanservice, and of course these people actually enjoy it.
May 12, 2013 11:31 AM
Jan 2013
I'm usually one to turn away if there's too much fanservice, but here it's really developing Ledo's character (EDIT: in terms of him emigrating out of the space opera story and into Earth's), and the artwork is just too stunning to scoff at. Definitely my favorite art of the season! Cannot wait for next week <3
May 12, 2013 11:32 AM

Feb 2013
Okay, who else was halfway expecting Ledo to tell Amy he wanted to reproduce with her? Anyone? Just me?
May 12, 2013 11:32 AM

May 2009
OfficialGuts said:
Good episode but..

I think the biggest problem with SnG is that the first 5 minutes of episode 1 gave everyone false hope about what this anime would be or at least most of it. Its genre is closer to a slice of life than action mecha. Anyway hopefully we get some action in the last few episode at least.

As always, the animation and artwork was really beautiful.

Oh, for a Christ's sake, why people don't read synopsis?
May 12, 2013 11:34 AM
Jan 2013
Kami_no_Kage said:
Okay, who else was halfway expecting Ledo to tell Amy he wanted to reproduce with her? Anyone? Just me?

eagerly waiting for it? it's just too funny not to happen.
Pages (11) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Suisei no Gargantia Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

zimno - Jun 30, 2013

499 by Hayley2877 »»
Apr 5, 7:50 AM

Poll: » Suisei no Gargantia Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

bastek66 - Jun 23, 2013

340 by Hayley2877 »»
Apr 5, 7:45 AM

Poll: » Suisei no Gargantia Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 16, 2013

261 by Hayley2877 »»
Apr 5, 7:35 AM

Poll: » Suisei no Gargantia Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 9, 2013

344 by Hayley2877 »»
Apr 5, 7:24 AM

Poll: » Suisei no Gargantia Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 2, 2013

667 by Hayley2877 »»
Apr 5, 7:10 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.