MyAnimeList.net

Anime Information
Forums

Recent Posts | My Watched Topics | My Ignored Topics | Search

So people hate Mikasa but love Eren?
MyAnimeList.net Forum »» Anime Discussion »» Series Discussion »» Shingeki no Kyojin »» So people hate Mikasa but love Eren?

Pages (14) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
05-11-13, 8:55 PM

So after 6 episodes of Attack on titan/Shingeki no Kyojin I'm seeing that people are calling Mikasa, "the model", just a waifu with lipstick, cold, too perfect, selfish and annoying.

In anime we've seen characters like this before. However, I'm only used to these complaints when it comes to characters that go overboard and isn't really justified for acting that way. In this show, Mikasa is definitely justified for her cold blooded behavior. She saw her mother and a bunch of people around her get murder. It's reasonable that something will break inside her. She wants to fight and protect Eren. At least she's not one of those " reluctant whiny, damsel in distress " heroes. She's trying

Eren is liked because he's the typical super morally strong shounen guy archetype. Nothing too special at the moment. Not saying he won't develop but from the main characters Mikasa has the most potential to be the multidimensional character especially if and/or when she undergoes character development. I have no doubt she will become more mature and humane.

What's with the extreme bias?

I didn't read the manga by the way. ( i plan to at some point )
Modified by Monad, 05-12-13, 2:16 AM

05-11-13, 8:58 PM

Did we really need this topic?

I think the whole I hate/liking over each is overblown anyway. Most people have warm up to both characters at this point.

05-11-13, 8:58 PM
Forum Moderator
Dat reversal.

E-Hentai is going down. For more info, read here.
Site & Forum Guidelines | MAL Guidelines | Report Abuse

05-11-13, 8:59 PM

This thread is awesome. Thanks Monad on your insight. I personally think Eren is better than Misaka.

05-11-13, 9:00 PM

lol

05-11-13, 9:02 PM

...But I like them both

05-11-13, 9:04 PM

Jagd84 said:

I think the whole I hate/liking over each is overblown anyway. Most people have warm up to both characters at this point.

If that's your opinion then you should really love this thread instead.^_^
Modified by Monad, 05-11-13, 9:15 PM

05-11-13, 11:14 PM

Hate Eren, love Mikasa.

Eren is a whiny brat.

Mikasa is the only character that that seems competent.

I don't follow the threads I post in. PM me if you want my attention.

05-11-13, 11:15 PM

I really hate it when characters show little to no emotion. That's why I don't like Mikasa. Though the 4th episode has changed my opinion of her a little. Even in the first episode before everything fell apart, even then, she was still showing little emotion and had a very cold and dark personality. I don't like that she shows so little emotion. I want her to cry and be sad, I want her to be angry with rage, I want her to smile and have fun every once in a while. And yet, I get little to nothing. Just that last mention towards the end of episode 4 where she says that she
That made me like her a little more, but still.
Eren on the other hand reminds me of me; A boy who never loses hope and thinks that humanity truly can win, despite everyone around him thinking otherwise. I like his determination. I don't like how rash he can be sometimes, but I still really like him. He feels the pain of having (does this really need a spoiler? It's from episode 1)
. He's felt pain, and he shows his emotions regularly. I like how serious he is, and how he's ready to fight, more than most in fact.
I would however like to see Eren have a really big fall emotionally. I want to see him broken, beaten, and saddened. I want him, to at least for a moment, lose hope and realize just how weak humanity is compared to the titans.

05-11-13, 11:19 PM

I hate both of them. I hope they hook up so I can hate them as a couple.
This is not a sentence.

05-11-13, 11:37 PM

Monad said:
So after 6 episodes of Attack on titan/Shingeki no Kyojin I'm seeing that people are calling the Misaka model, just a waifu with lipstick, cold, too perfect, selfish and annoying.

In anime we've seen characters like this before. However, I'm only used to these complaints when it comes to characters that go overboard and isn't really justified for acting that way. In this show, Mikasa is definitely justified for her cold blooded behavior. He saw her mother and a bunch of people around her get murder. It's reasonable that something will break inside her. She wants to fight and protect Eren. At least she's not one of those " reluctant whiny, damsel in distress " heroes. She's trying

Eren is liked because he's the typical super morally strong shounen guy archetype. Nothing too special at the moment. Not saying he won't develop but from the main characters Mikasa has the most potential to be the multidimensional character especially if and/or when she undergoes character development. I have no doubt she will become more mature and humane.

People are attacking Eren because he's a male main character. Simple as that. No matter what the character, no matter what the genre, no matter what the anime, a male main character will get ridiculous unwarranted hate. Period. No matter what.

People hate on Mikasa so much because, well, everybody is acting like she is the best thing since sliced bread. People are fawning over how badass she is, or how hot she is, or how cool she is, or how awesome she is, and just every single aspect of her character is blown way up and fanboyed about. I mean, we have how many threads dedicated to just her?

So people feel the need to hipster, and "go against" the outspoken love. They might not have actually hated Mikasa, but in order to stand out, they need to use stronger adjectives, as well as use the things that everybody loves about her against her. Like her being emotionless as a reason for why she is the worst character, or some bullshit like that. Or her lips. Her fucking lips.

It's all just hipsters who don't want to admit they're being hipsters.

05-11-13, 11:39 PM

Gutts gets no unwarranted hate. Spike gets no unwarranted hate. Makoto ito gets no unwarranted hate. You are wrong, red keys.
This is not a sentence.

05-11-13, 11:43 PM

Red_Keys said:
Monad said:
So after 6 episodes of Attack on titan/Shingeki no Kyojin I'm seeing that people are calling the Misaka model, just a waifu with lipstick, cold, too perfect, selfish and annoying.

In anime we've seen characters like this before. However, I'm only used to these complaints when it comes to characters that go overboard and isn't really justified for acting that way. In this show, Mikasa is definitely justified for her cold blooded behavior. He saw her mother and a bunch of people around her get murder. It's reasonable that something will break inside her. She wants to fight and protect Eren. At least she's not one of those " reluctant whiny, damsel in distress " heroes. She's trying

People are attacking Eren because he's a male main character. Simple as that. No matter what the character, no matter what the genre, no matter what the anime, a male main character will get ridiculous unwarranted hate. Period. No matter what.

People hate on Mikasa so much because, well, everybody is acting like she is the best thing since sliced bread. People are fawning over how badass she is, or how hot she is, or how cool she is, or how awesome she is, and just every single aspect of her character is blown way up and fanboyed about. I mean, we have how many threads dedicated to just her?

So people feel the need to hipster, and "go against" the outspoken love. They might not have actually hated Mikasa, but in order to stand out, they need to use stronger adjectives, as well as use the things that everybody loves about her against her. Like her being emotionless as a reason for why she is the worst character, or some bullshit like that. Or her lips. Her fucking lips.

It's all just hipsters who don't want to admit they're being hipsters.

no. you are just making generalizations because you can't accept other people's opinions. I've liked many male protagonists so your point is invalid. Both Eren and Mikasa have their flaws but I just find Eren the most annoying b/c he just preaches like an over zealous fanatic for the first 5 episodes then gets himself killed

05-11-13, 11:46 PM

3nvy said:
I hate both of them. I hope they hook up so I can hate them as a couple.

lol

05-11-13, 11:52 PM

Battlechili1 said:
I really hate it when characters show little to no emotion. That's why I don't like Mikasa. Though the 4th episode has changed my opinion of her a little. Even in the first episode before everything fell apart, even then, she was still showing little emotion and had a very cold and dark personality. I don't like that she shows so little emotion. I want her to cry and be sad, I want her to be angry with rage, I want her to smile and have fun every once in a while. And yet, I get little to nothing. Just that last mention towards the end of episode 4 where she says that she
Eren on the other hand reminds me of me; A boy who never loses hope and thinks that humanity truly can win, despite everyone around him thinking otherwise. I like his determination. I don't like how rash he can be sometimes, but I still really like him. He feels the pain of having (does this really need a spoiler? It's from episode 1)
. He's felt pain, and he shows his emotions regularly. I like how serious he is, and how he's ready to fight, more than most in fact.
I would however like to see Eren have a really big fall emotionally. I want to see him broken, beaten, and saddened. I want him, to at least for a moment, lose hope and realize just how weak humanity is compared to the titans.

So, you can only like characters that remind you of yourself? Pretty egocentric bro.

05-11-13, 11:55 PM

Shrabster said:
Battlechili1 said:

So, you can only like characters that remind you of yourself? Pretty egocentric bro.

lmao

05-11-13, 11:59 PM

Zeally said:
no.
Yes.

Zeally said:
you are just making generalizations because you can't accept other people's opinions.
You're right, I can't accept other people's stupid ass opinions.

Zeally said:
I've liked many male protagonists so your point is invalid.
Who said I was talking about you?

Zeally said:
Both Eren and Mikasa have their flaws but I just find Eren the most annoying b/c he just preaches like an over zealous fanatic for the first 5 episodes then gets himself killed

05-12-13, 12:03 AM

3nvy said:
Gutts gets no unwarranted hate. Spike gets no unwarranted hate. Makoto ito gets no unwarranted hate. You are wrong, red keys.

No strong female character near Gutts. If you're calling casca strong, you can go and jump off a cliff.

No strong female character near Spike

Makoto is hated.

False.
Sword in hand, a warrior clutches stone to breast. In sword etched he his fading memories In stone, his tempered skill By sword attested, by stone revealed. Their tale can now be told

05-12-13, 12:03 AM

Well I...

05-12-13, 12:06 AM

VictorVonDoom said:
Well I...

Well i just quote your post and it saved my time.
Sword in hand, a warrior clutches stone to breast. In sword etched he his fading memories In stone, his tempered skill By sword attested, by stone revealed. Their tale can now be told

Pages (14) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Help     FAQ     About     Contact     Terms     Privacy     AdChoices