Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Attack on Titan
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (20) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
May 11, 2013 10:20 AM

May 2010
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Mikasa was a boss killing off that first Titan and helping those people.

Mikasa also watched her mom die in the past, just like Eren.

Eren was boss too, fighting the people who killed Mikasa's mom. x'D

Oh and now we know where Mikasa got her treasured scarf. From Eren. ♥

LunaMay 11, 2013 11:31 AM
"Wait for the signal, and I'll meet you after dark"
May 11, 2013 10:21 AM

Nov 2011
Armin. Get a grip~ The CPR position looked awkward Mikasa is a total boss this episode Just saying. She owned that titan in one swipe.

Little Mikasa= cute imo.

However, I feel really sorry for Mikasa and her childhood especially her parents. Eren being badass this episode in flashback nice.

Nice flashback episode imo and cute scarf. The OST was a little weird imo this week. Still enjoyed it!
May 11, 2013 10:24 AM

May 2010
Stark700 said:
Armin. Get a grip~ The CPR position looked awkward Mikasa is a total boss this episode Just saying. She owned that titan in one swipe.

Little Mikasa= cute imo.

However, I feel really sorry for Mikasa and her childhood especially her parents. Eren being badass this episode in flashback nice.

Nice flashback episode imo and cute scarf. The OST was a little weird imo this week. Still enjoyed it!

Ikr? Total Boss episode. x)
Guess we will have to wait till next week for ____ _____ badass. :D
"Wait for the signal, and I'll meet you after dark"
May 11, 2013 10:26 AM

Jul 2011
Poor Mikasa, Eren was a badass.
May 11, 2013 10:28 AM

Apr 2009
Even in the midst of death and despair, yuri will always blossom.

May 11, 2013 10:29 AM

Dec 2012
^ Did she taste?
May 11, 2013 10:30 AM

Apr 2009
zellami said:
^ Did she taste?

She did not, which was a shame.
May 11, 2013 10:31 AM

Dec 2012
Tch, censorship is cruel. One of the cutest moments there.
May 11, 2013 10:33 AM

Nov 2011
Amarrez said:
zellami said:
^ Did she taste?

0/10 Worst adaption of all time
The Art of Eight
May 11, 2013 10:36 AM

Jul 2010
All those feelings...
May 11, 2013 10:37 AM
Apr 2013
Eren and Mikasa are both badass. Very cold. Well adaption of the manga.
May 11, 2013 10:37 AM

Apr 2009
dankickyou said:
Amarrez said:
zellami said:
^ Did she taste?

Yeah, dropped. I'm really only watching this shit for the lesbians.
May 11, 2013 10:38 AM

Dec 2012
And the lipstick.
May 11, 2013 10:41 AM

Mar 2012
Amarrez said:
dankickyou said:
Amarrez said:
zellami said:
^ Did she taste?

Yeah, dropped. I'm really only watching this shit for the lesbians.

i am watching this shit for reversed harem. :P
May 11, 2013 10:42 AM

Nov 2011
Gotta get the OST of this series next month.
May 11, 2013 10:44 AM

Feb 2013
This just keeps getting better and better. I'm obsessed.

May 11, 2013 10:46 AM

May 2009
The haters sure are quick to vote.

I'm very satisfied with the adaptation still. No complaints. It's good that they're taking their time and not rushing through things. Two chapters this episode is a good pace.
May 11, 2013 10:46 AM

Sep 2011
Awh... Flashback episode whole way through pretty much. Guess I'll have to wait next week.
May 11, 2013 10:50 AM
Nov 2009
Weakest episode.Censor, stills and cliché flashback. Next week should be awesome with "it"
May 11, 2013 10:57 AM

May 2009
toutoune134 said:
Weakest episode.Censor, stills and cliché flashback. Next week should be awesome with "it"
The stills are pretty much part of the visual style by now. Why still complain about them when we're six episodes in?
May 11, 2013 11:00 AM

Nov 2011
Eren has more balls at age 9 than most.
The Art of Eight
May 11, 2013 11:05 AM

Apr 2013
Great episode & adaptation of the childhood flashback.. I really can't wait for the episode of next week :x
May 11, 2013 11:10 AM

Oct 2012
stAtic91 said:
The haters sure are quick to vote.

I'm very satisfied with the adaptation still. No complaints. It's good that they're taking their time and not rushing through things. Two chapters this episode is a good pace.
Well, that's what happens with popular anime. There are fanboys, haters, idiots, elitests, trolls, attention whores, and wannabe intellects almost every time.

I agree, this adaption has been amazing so far. The anime hasn't cut much from the source, and the pace is great. It's thorough, yet fast enough to keep you interested.
May 11, 2013 11:12 AM

Apr 2009

Oh no, I'm going to be late to Eoten Elementary!
May 11, 2013 11:13 AM

Apr 2013
Amarrez said:

Oh no, I'm going to be late to Eoten Elementary!
my eoten can't be this cute
May 11, 2013 11:17 AM
Apr 2013
dankickyou said:

I can't agree more.
May 11, 2013 11:27 AM

Nov 2012
Mikasa is so badass! I'm glad she got that stupid old rich geezer to get his cart out of the gate. I still can't believe she saw her parents get killed in front of her though. I'm glad she's become more composed now, but she's too dependent on living just because Eren's there. She's not going to take his death well...

Speaking of Eren, I don't think that's normal as a child. Is he some psycopath or something? Because temperamental doesn't cover it. I mean most kids at 9 wouldn't be able to manipulate and so easily kill (and repeatedly stab) some thugs- even though those thugs are bad and deserved to be killed. I know he's probably seen dead people before since his dad's a doctor, but that doesn't explain why he was so easily able to murder without even batting an eyelash. That's definitely not normal... I can't decide if he's intelligent and mature for having learned and accepted that from witnessing what happens in nature all the time or abnormally and inhumanly rational for applying it so literally to life without considering laws and morality or anything of the sort which stands for the word 'civilized' in civilization.

Personally, I don't disagree with what he did. He's right, the police, the Germanderie, any and every help, usually arrives late and you have to do what you can to protect yourself and continue living. But inside those walls, I thought the society was more feudal and had laws. So how was it so easy and simple for Eren to understand and apply the 'fight and live or hesitate and die' rule but not be affected by perhaps what the law might say or his father might think or anything like "these people might go to prison and learn to change"? I think there's something more about Eren's past that we don't know. Either that or I'm forgetting how children think and function at the age of 9.
SpiraiMay 11, 2013 6:14 PM
May 11, 2013 11:34 AM

Feb 2012
"Attakai"

I was waiting for that moment, Mikasa was so cute.
May 11, 2013 11:40 AM

Sep 2010
the episode ended earlier than i thought. Still a great adaption, although it wasen't as good as the earlier episodes. Guess we have to wait another episode to see "it"

4/5
May 11, 2013 11:55 AM
Jul 2012
The running titan was hilarious, and not expected
May 11, 2013 12:02 PM
Aug 2012
Let's hope we see some budget increase now that we enter the more interesting episodes.

Or maybe using all their money on the first episode and then fucking up the rest was all part of the plain all along..
May 11, 2013 12:09 PM

Sep 2011
nnangle said:
Let's hope we see some budget increase now that we enter the more interesting episodes.

Or maybe using all their money on the first episode and then fucking up the rest was all part of the plain all along..

You do know they're short on animators, right? Has nothing to do with the budget.
May 11, 2013 12:11 PM
Aug 2012
Tyrel said:
nnangle said:

You do know they're short on animators, right? Has nothing to do with the budget.
You generally deal with that shit before releasing the series.

More money = more animators.
May 11, 2013 12:12 PM

Mar 2012
Wow... this adaptation. Nothing was cut. 5/5
May 11, 2013 12:13 PM

Apr 2013
nnangle said:

fucking up the rest? this series is still above-par every other anime that has been released so far this year and one of the best that has been released in the recent years.. sure it could use more animators, but thats something that can be fixed in a couple of weeks.
May 11, 2013 12:15 PM

Sep 2011
nnangle said:
Tyrel said:
nnangle said:

Well looks like they didn't because I think at episode 3-4 they announced they were short on animators and were asked for people VIA Twitter to contact them if they knew anybody, etc.
May 11, 2013 12:15 PM

Mar 2012
dankickyou said:

I don't know how I feel about this whole part of the plot. On one hand, it's kind of cool, but on the other hand it feels like a really cheap and unrealistic way to make a character "badass".
Let's go bowling.
May 11, 2013 12:19 PM
Aug 2012
OfficialGuts said:
nnangle said:

fucking up the rest? this series is still above-par every other anime that has been released so far this year and one of the best that has been released in the recent years.. sure it could use more animators, but thats something that can be fixed in a couple of weeks.
My point was-- it still deserves better.

Tyrel said:
nnangle said:
Tyrel said:
nnangle said:

Well looks like they didn't because I think at episode 3-4 they announced they were short on animators and were asked for people VIA Twitter to contact them if they knew anybody, etc.

That's kind of pathetic wouldn't you say? This is Shingeki no Kyojin for fucks sake, it should have been perfect.
May 11, 2013 12:29 PM
Jan 2012
I'm a bit sad that two of the scenes I was waiting for in this episode (Franz dead torso shot, Eren the slitthroat) were censored.
May 11, 2013 12:31 PM

Nov 2007
Wow. Such a powerful episode! Tears rolled down my cheek when Eren put the scarf on Mikasa. We get to know how powerful there bond is!

If Shingeki fans still hate Eren after this episode, I really don't know what is what anymore. At least I can tell that they don't have the right to like Mikasa if they hate Eren.

"But now there is a place for me to return to in this world. Eren, I can do anything for you."

I wonder how Mikasa will react when she knows the only world she considers of returning back to is not there anymore. :(

5/5
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
May 11, 2013 12:36 PM

May 2012
Too freaking short.
Isayama Hajime should be awarded The Manga with The Highest Inconsistencies of Characters' Appearances.
He keeps performing multiple plastic surgeries on those Shingeki No Kyojin characters in a SINGLE chapter.
Yes, I've read up to the latest chapter of Shingeki No Kyojin manga.
Forced myself to read through the kidsketching chapters after the anime's ended. At least from now on, I only have to go through the hell once a month.
Patiently awaiting SNK TV/movie/OVA anime-sequel.
The 2015 SNK live-action movie would probably suck.
May 11, 2013 12:43 PM

Apr 2013
gbanshee said:
I'm a bit sad that two of the scenes I was waiting for in this episode (Franz dead torso shot, Eren the slitthroat) were censored.
yeah its the only con I have for this anime.. too many censored scenes.. the scene with Franz dead torso would've been 10x more powerful if we saw the real thing instead of some shades.
May 11, 2013 12:44 PM

Aug 2011
For someone who doesn't fully understand Japanese, i had fun watching the RAW version xD i understood a few parts though
can't wait for subs
May 11, 2013 12:52 PM

Sep 2011
nnangle said:
OfficialGuts said:
nnangle said:

My point was-- it still deserves better.

Tyrel said:
nnangle said:
Tyrel said:
nnangle said:

That's kind of pathetic wouldn't you say? This is Shingeki no Kyojin for fucks sake, it should have been perfect.

Yep... I mean the sales are doing even better than that of SAO. They should fucking step it up.
May 11, 2013 12:59 PM
Oct 2011
shanimebib said:
If Shingeki fans still hate Eren after this episode, I really don't know what is what anymore. At least I can tell that they don't have the right to like Mikasa if they hate Eren.

Eren isn't a waifu material but Mikasa is. A lot of nerds would like a "sister" like Mikasa, so they dislike Eren because that's where Mikasa's all attention is directed. I am not saying everyone who hates Eren is like that though. Some people have different tastes or reasons which I honestly understand.
May 11, 2013 12:59 PM

Feb 2009
It feels so short that episode. Eren was more of a little psycho in the manga than the anime.
May 11, 2013 1:04 PM

Aug 2012
StopDropAndBowl said:
dankickyou said:

I don't know how I feel about this whole part of the plot. On one hand, it's kind of cool, but on the other hand it feels like a really cheap and unrealistic way to make a character "badass".

Mother of God, I guess some people never become satisfed anymore. This flashback wasn't about Eren turning badass or some shi*, it was showing how Eren has always been a problem child that's been violent and aggressive, and how that side of him saved Mikasa even through rash decisions and turned her into what she is at the present. I personally dno't mind of some people wdn't think Eren is badass (seeing a 9-year old calling criminals rabid dogs that only look like humans seems too dangerous), but with this, nobody can deny that Eren is the reason that Mikasa's badass and has survived until now.
May 11, 2013 1:13 PM

Jan 2008
Was expecting them to use half of the episode for the flashback, kinda sad they actually did.

Oh wells, next episode should be action packed and probably leave off at another huge cliff hanger.
May 11, 2013 1:14 PM
Oct 2012
I kinda predicted it would end there. they covered 2 chapters. any further should be considered fast paced and would probably result into an anime original ending.

Mod Edit: Removed quote of a deleted post.
LunaMay 12, 2013 1:25 AM
May 11, 2013 1:17 PM

Feb 2011
huntx said:
Wow... this adaptation. Nothing was cut. 5/5

it amazed me too

Fixes to make the Profile more bearable after "the Modern★Profile★Update★★Rip★Profile★"
Pages (20) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 25, 2013

971 by Confessor0 »»
Today, 10:22 AM

» The GOAT first episode

Bolbysaur - Yesterday

34 by iGotIceInMyRice »»
Today, 8:50 AM

» Bug on the app

Jackson_rajkumar - Apr 13

3 by Jackson_rajkumar »»
Apr 15, 4:46 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 28, 2013

1651 by c444de »»
Apr 14, 12:43 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 27, 2013

940 by 4amps »»
Apr 11, 9:56 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.