Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
May 13, 2013 4:16 PM
めんどくさい

Sep 2011
tingy said:
He really doesn't seem to care much about the whole Himegami ordeal and the world ending at the moment, probably because it's as he said before, he's kind of scared (?) of Himegami.
I think it's more that he's afraid of losing Izumiko. In fact, I think he's willing to stand up to the Himegami in order to protect Izumiko, which is exactly what he was doing at the end there...
May 13, 2013 5:15 PM

Dec 2011
Izumiko looks really cute with her hair down ^^
Aww, that hug at the end <3
Such a cliffy :P
May 13, 2013 6:37 PM
Apr 2013
DAAAAAAAAAAAAAANG! DAT HUG AT THE END! Man, Miyuki is making me blush every episode *-*

Is it me or does it seem like the Himegami is hitting on Miyuki?

I need more of these romantic moments! *0*
Oh yeah, the story is going smoothly so far...:) good improvement. For now, I can understand....

I SHIP IZUMIKO X MIYUKI

Oh yeah I noticed at the end, Miyuki said Izumiko's first name ;D
(Usually he calls her Suzuhara....) *0* OH MAH GAWSH!
RedRidingHoodieMay 13, 2013 6:43 PM
May 13, 2013 7:30 PM

Mar 2012
I'm really liking the story that's starting to come out here. With some more development and more tying-together of loose ends, it looks like this series can possibly end on a strong finish, even after some shaky middle content. We've got a really good setup here.

I'm really liking the romance developing between Izumiko and Miyuki too. I love how it works within the plot; it gives a lot more substance to the cute moments rather than just shoving in romantic scenes just for the sake of forcing a romance element to the show.
May 13, 2013 7:51 PM

Jan 2013
I found this episode very sad. Izumiko was right when she asked if they were protecting her or the goddess. I think she is starting to realize that she is going to have to protect herself... However she might not be able to since the goddess has her own agenda.
"What color do you want to be?" -Shiina Mashiro
May 13, 2013 8:17 PM

May 2010
A very good episode. i loved it. Was that Miyano Mamoru's voice? He sure is doing a minor role this time unless it turns into a major one..
May 13, 2013 10:37 PM

Sep 2012
@tingy, Cratex, witchhuntress

Thank you for your kinds words. You are most welcome :-)

If you see any part in the show you suspect mistranslation or confusing translation, let me know (and it would help if you can capture the screenshot with the subtitle too) and I will take a look and see if there is any mistranslation or unclear translation there.
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
May 14, 2013 2:16 AM

Feb 2012
Surprisingly good episode. The last episodes were boring as hell, but this one had some nice character development and exciting moments. Not bad.
The only thing you can rely on is that you can't rely on anything.
May 14, 2013 3:15 AM

Sep 2012
Aww it ended at the good part.. Miyuki x Izumiko <3
May 14, 2013 3:59 AM

Nov 2009
symbv said:
@tingy, Cratex, witchhuntress

Thank you for your kinds words. You are most welcome :-)

If you see any part in the show you suspect mistranslation or confusing translation, let me know (and it would help if you can capture the screenshot with the subtitle too) and I will take a look and see if there is any mistranslation or unclear translation there.

I'm actually wondering if the last parts are right. ^^

I was thinking Miyuki told Izumiko to win her body back...or not to lose or something...and something about her not mistaking herself for someone else...? (The second pic might have been correct...) O.o

Anyway, as for the plot...Is it just me...or is Himegami actually Izumiko in the future?

Like...Izumiko has powers of her own...And I wonder if that's her own gift or Himegami's...

So I'm saying that Himegami from the future travels to the past and possesses someone during near the battle for the World Heritage candidates...And her future always leads to destruction...? That is to say...her ultimate goal would be to not kill people and eventually...survive and not become a vengeful ghost?

Judging by how Himegami can talk to the Nine-headed dragon/snake(??) (where Masumi came
from), is it possible she used him to kill...
witchhuntressMay 14, 2013 4:24 AM

"Belief is the death of intelligence." ~Robert Anton Wilson~
May 14, 2013 8:10 AM

Sep 2012
witchhuntress said:
I was thinking Miyuki told Izumiko to win her body back...or not to lose or something...and something about her not mistaking herself for someone else...? (The second pic might have been correct...) O.o
Well, the translation is broadly OK. What Miyuki said is a bit in haste so it can be a bit tricky to translate.

What he said in Japanese is
和泉子・・・お前のことだ!間違えるな!!

My translation would be:
Izumiko... I mean you! Don't be mistaken!!

He does not really say "You and no one else!" but rather "Don't you get mistaken!" but I guess the former is also fine. My interpretation is that Miyuki just wants to stress that when he said "Come back!" he meant he wants Izumiko to come back, not anybody or anything else.

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
May 14, 2013 8:51 AM

Jan 2008
That end and that hug. :3 I'm loving the romantic development in this series.

I also found that some info confusing and seem insufficient. I don't want to sound I am complaining since I rely on fansub, but there seems to be insufficiency in translation? Or, it is the flow in dialogues that's not coherent?

Thanks to SummerYoung for putting together into words what happened in this episode. I pretty much understand most of what the goddess was saying but at some point, I got lost, especially when the goddess was hitting on Miyuki. LOL

symbv said:
Wait... This is a serious mistranslation here. She did not say "I know all your training and protection techniques" but actually "I am already inside the protection techniques you taught Izumiko". This is why Sagara had to use the reverse spell "Kaeshi-Kuji" to reverse the "Kuji" protection mantra that Izumiko used upon herself, in an attempt to deprive the sanctuary Himegami used to stay in Izumiko.

I'm confused in that part too. I wonder about it's connection with the succeeding scenes. Sadly, the translation was incoherent or disjoint that the kind spell used by Miyuki was actually in response or connected to that statement.

Thank you symbv! You've really helped us here. My viewing experience and appreciation of this episode feels really different now when with clear info.
LieilaMay 14, 2013 9:15 AM
May 14, 2013 9:43 AM
めんどくさい

Sep 2011
Lieila said:
I'm confused in that part too. I wonder about it's connection with the succeeding scenes. Sadly, the translation was incoherent or disjoint that the kind spell used by Miyuki was actually in response or connected to that statement.
Yeah, having realized his attempt to teach Suzuhara those guards to protect herself was to late, he undid them and then immediately tries to pull her back by emphatically stating who it is he is addressing - and as others have noted she is no longer "Suzuhara" but "Izumiko" - which is where the show leaves us.
May 14, 2013 9:59 AM

Nov 2011
4/5

Stake interesting, pretty parts where Izumiko tries to show the happiness in having as a companion Miyuki, and graphically it's always a pretty sight. Plot it gets interesting, I hope there is a steady climb to the end! Really epic final scene, Miyuki is really a smart-ass, it is hidden until now! Eh ... eh ... eh!
May 14, 2013 10:19 AM

Nov 2009
symbv said:
witchhuntress said:
Well, the translation is broadly OK. What Miyuki said is a bit in haste so it can be a bit tricky to translate.
What he said in Japanese is
和泉子・・・お前のことだ!間違えるな!!

My translation would be:
Izumiko... I mean you! Don't be mistaken!!

He does not really say "You and no one else!" but rather "Don't you get mistaken!" but I guess the
former is also fine. My interpretation is that Miyuki just wants to stress that when he said "Come back!" he meant he wants Izumiko to come back, not anybody or anything else.

Thanks! Ü

@terrablu2003: I read somewhere in rakuten that the ending of the novel series was great. ^^Also, the anime being based from it...well hopefully it gets a good ending. ^^

May 14, 2013 5:49 PM

Jan 2013
Nice ending scene
May 14, 2013 10:25 PM

Aug 2012
SummerYoung said:
I think the gist is that the goddess is Izumiko's ancestor who somehow has special powers (?) and she's destined to destroy the world in the future (or something), so she's gone back in time three times to stop herself from doing so, going through thousands of generations. She failed the first two and her possession of Izumiko is her third attempt. However, because her current body is frail (or something) she's forgetting herself and her memories so this is the last time she can try to stop herself, which is why she's looking for other people to help her, namely the mountain monks, Yukimasa and Yukariko—I assume this is the first time she's this as a last-ditch effort. She wants Miyuki to join as well, but it seems to me he's scared and wants time to think about it.

I'm pretty sure I garbled a lot of the information so please correct me if I'm wrong XD.

Nah that sounds about right. And I'm diggin the concept, any time some sort of time travel is involved it makes everything better.
May 15, 2013 3:09 AM

Jan 2012
hug >.<
May 15, 2013 10:20 AM

Jan 2013
symbv said:
Wait... This is a serious mistranslation here. She did not say "I know all your training and protection techniques" but actually "I am already inside the protection techniques you taught Izumiko".

Oh, thanks for pointing that out! I was wondering why Sagara chanted a spell even though she said (well, didn't actually say) that she knew his techniques. I was thinking it was either sheer desperation or a technique he hadn't used before; so thanks for clearing that up as it makes much more sense now ^_^
May 16, 2013 1:27 AM
Apr 2013
magi6 said:
Information overload on this one I think
but I am finally beginning to make sense of the story...somehow...

The reason why people raged out on this anime was because it was hard to understand (for us peepz who know nothing about Japanese folk legends...) and also because the anime is quite fast-paced and seems rushed.
It's like they left out a lot of stuff that was supposed to be happening and skips every know and then.

Patience is a virtue. Hopefully they explain more in the next few eps.

I hope Izumiko comes back.

Yeh, but I'm still annoyed by how much exposition and lack of action goes on. I feel like the past few episodes have all been "let's explain what's going on" rather than "let's show what's happening." I want some real action!!
May 16, 2013 10:48 AM

Nov 2009
ksquish said:
magi6 said:
Information overload on this one I think
but I am finally beginning to make sense of the story...somehow...

The reason why people raged out on this anime was because it was hard to understand (for us peepz who know nothing about Japanese folk legends...) and also because the anime is quite fast-paced and seems rushed.
It's like they left out a lot of stuff that was supposed to be happening and skips every know and then.

Patience is a virtue. Hopefully they explain more in the next few eps.

I hope Izumiko comes back.

Yeh, but I'm still annoyed by how much exposition and lack of action goes on. I feel like the past few episodes have all been "let's explain what's going on" rather than "let's show what's happening." I want some real action!!

That's because the real action is saved for the last. Everything has been building up to the final battle in the Cultural Festival.

And I doubt it will be so much as Shingeki no Kyojin in action. =.= Not like they're trained to be ninjas or soldiers...>.< They don't even have to lift a finger and just say one word or many words.

Hmm Idk why, but I'm somehow leaning to Himegami actually being Izumiko. Maybe because Yukimasa said something like "You are one and the same." (correct me if I'm wrong symbv, but that's the translation I got from the subs in that infirmary scene with Yukimasa ^^). I think Izumiko has powers of her own, and that Himegami saying that Izumiko will destroy humanity might have something about her going berserk some time in the future (thereby causing destruction in humanity). There's the fact that Himegami is forgetting herself, and coupled that with her failing two times possibly because she possessed the "wrong" person.

She became World Heritage a few times, and I think Izumiko being such isn't avoidable. After all, she will be the Red Data Girl, as most assume, and that's the development most have been waiting for. ^^
witchhuntressMay 16, 2013 12:42 PM

May 17, 2013 2:41 PM

Oct 2009
tsubasalover said:
School festival... The enemy wanting her and the guy to be on his side.

Is that guy who is one of among those modeling voiced by Mamo? (thought so)!

That modeling doesn't seem work on the soul to come out, but still came later without taking out the braid ... she was chosen because the soul is her ancestor? And that Kugimiya-san's character is within that guy??

Hahaha that was my first thought as well. "Mamo-chan is that you..?" XD

Liked the ep, especially the end~
May 17, 2013 4:46 PM

Oct 2012
AWWW. dat ending ;)

May 18, 2013 4:36 AM

Aug 2012
I just-----------

Miyuki >.<'
May 18, 2013 3:53 PM

Feb 2013
The relationship between Miyuki and Izumiko is sooooo devastating! </3
///// THE FEEEEEELS!!!///////
May 23, 2013 5:21 AM

Oct 2012
Finally, some decent episode. They should have get rid of previous arc altogether - that would be for the best.

And finally some facts about "goddess". Let's hope next episode is even better.
May 23, 2013 5:29 AM

Mar 2013
Hmmm, this show has a great concept and so much potential but loses it all in its execution. I still like it but it's a shame how many people have dropped it or lost interest.

Otherwise episode 10 would have been subbed already XD
May 25, 2013 10:29 AM

Jan 2013
hug at the end *w*
he loves her, he loves her soo much and he called her Izumiko ^^ I love this ep ^^
May 29, 2013 5:13 PM

May 2011
Haha I am liking the attitude that Izumiko is developing as well as the relationship between her and Miyuki.

Everything always get so interesting whenever the himegami comes out. Liked learning more about her in this episode and tbh I sure wouldn't mind if she stayed a bit longer. Her character is just great to watch.
May 29, 2013 8:04 PM

Jan 2010
symbv said:
Good opportunity to revise the Kuji and Hayakuji, which interestingly actually derived from Chinese Taoist occult tradition instead of a Japanese or Buddhist root.

All those memory of reading works like Kujakuoh....

臨兵闘者 皆陣列在前 !
Rin Byou Tou Sha Kai Jin Retsu Zai Zen !

KUJI

This looks like what Kazuki-chan does in Amaenaide yo Katsu. Although I don't think she does the whole drill. I just watched her and it looked like she made four of the gestures, including 3, 7, 1, 2.
May 29, 2013 8:13 PM

Jan 2010
In the great scheme of things, I don't know if the number of anime that I've watched constitutes 'a lot' or not, but it feels like it. Out of that mix, this one feels pretty unique and I'm really enjoying it.

Every episode we move ahead and I think I've learned a lot. The fog looks like it's clearing but then there is more of it. It's very mysterious and there's always more that I don't know.
MockmanMay 29, 2013 9:30 PM
May 30, 2013 1:40 AM

Jan 2012
Izumiko is rather cute this episode. She looks like wanted to have bossy feel but just look so cute lol
May 30, 2013 10:05 AM

Apr 2011
DAT HUG dood! DAT HUG!

Izumiko is cute with her braids, but a beautiful princess when her hair is down. Glad to see her being a model and she's really planning to permanently stop braiding her hair someday.

Anyway, really good development this episode. Himegami and Sagara's interaction where very interesting.
MagitoMay 30, 2013 10:10 AM
May 30, 2013 4:36 PM

May 2012
Miyuki hugged Izumiko o-o I never thought that would happen, he seemed like he was overwhelmed seconds before talking to the Himegami
Not bad episode...
May 30, 2013 4:39 PM

Jun 2008
Things are actually making sense now
i liked this episode so much

May 31, 2013 6:14 AM

Nov 2011
Mockman said:
symbv said:
Good opportunity to revise the Kuji and Hayakuji, which interestingly actually derived from Chinese Taoist occult tradition instead of a Japanese or Buddhist root.

All those memory of reading works like Kujakuoh....

臨兵闘者 皆陣列在前 !

KUJI

This looks like what Kazuki-chan does in Amaenaide yo Katsu. Although I don't think she does the whole drill. I just watched her and it looked like she made four of the gestures, including 3, 7, 1, 2.

I've seen The Nine Cuts done in several anime including Ghost Hunt and also I believe in Tasogare Otome x Amnesia.
May 31, 2013 7:26 AM

Sep 2012
^ Yeah, the kuji is very popular thing to come up in occult manga/anime/novel in Japan. Always good to know and perhaps even memorize:

May 31, 2013 7:33 AM

Nov 2011
symbv said:
^ Yeah, the kuji is very popular thing to come up in occult manga/anime/novel in Japan. Always good to know and perhaps even memorize:

It's almost feels like the Shinto/Buddhist equivalent of yelling "THE POWER OF CHRIST COMPELS YOU!" :D
Jun 1, 2013 9:22 AM
Aug 2012
Perhaps some of you are still confused by the story because you've been watching rushed/poorly translated subs? I've been watching the releases by Commie and haven't encountered any of the translation problems mentioned in this thread.
Jun 2, 2013 6:47 AM

Jul 2012
The last part: YES!!! :D

3.5/5 for this ep.
Jun 4, 2013 2:20 AM

May 2013
Izumiko's getting jealous. But Miyuki was also jealous.
Basically, they're both getting jealous.

Lol, Yukimasa has a nursing license. He has done so many things, I guess.

Those hand seals are cool.

Aww, that hug in the end. You go, Miyuki!
I’m always searching for something, for someone. This feeling has possessed me I think, from that day… That day when the stars came falling.
Jun 4, 2013 2:59 PM

Jul 2010
ArcanaTrace said:
That was a interesting episode. Im liking how the goddess look on Izumiko.

So let me get this straight, the goddess is on the side of the planet and thus eliminated the humans but she wants someone to stop her before she does that? So.... why is she even doing it if she wants someone to stop her?

Anyways sweets Sagara and Izumiko moment this week

She already DID it. She traveled back in time as a spirit and lived through 1000 generations to try to figure out a way to stop herself, twice! This is her third time through.

symbv said:
Wait... This is a serious mistranslation here. She did not say "I know all your training and protection techniques" but actually "I am already inside the protection techniques you taught Izumiko". This is why Sagara had to use the reverse spell "Kaeshi-Kuji" to reverse the "Kuji" protection mantra that Izumiko used upon herself, in an attempt to deprive the sanctuary Himegami used to stay in Izumiko.

The legal stream got that one right.

I do soooo love this show! It is seriously under appreciated. You have to pay close attention to catch everything. Re-watching really helps.
Jun 8, 2013 9:44 AM

Sep 2009
That hug...
Jun 20, 2013 12:05 PM

Nov 2012
hmm..
school festival hmm? I never thought there will be school festival in this anime :o

well btw izumiko looks pretty in that yukata :3 lol XD she is dere dere XD

btw the ending is so suprising.. :o miyuki hugging izomiko.. oowhh.. the feeling is bigger than previously hmm? XD
Jul 4, 2013 5:29 AM

Dec 2011
Watching that episode felt... awkward. First time that I've had that in a while.
There is no such thing as shit taste. Only idiots who think everyone should have the same taste as they do.
Jul 12, 2013 6:13 PM

Nov 2008
I wonder if she was doing this for Izumiko? To show her that Sugara likes her.
Jul 29, 2013 6:32 AM

Dec 2010
That episode was kinda sad. It explained some things, but I didn't like it much overall. Probably the first episode that I didn't like as much.
Aug 5, 2013 6:31 PM

May 2012
Dat ending :3 Pretty decent episode but the character sure is totally different it's rather a whole different anime without the real her!
Aug 28, 2014 11:54 AM

Jan 2011
It has been 1 year and 3 months (minus 1 day) since I've seen this and I don't even know why.
This episode was rather interesting imo, pretty sure I'll finish this one.
I almost never read discussions after I made my post, if you want to reply PM me or post on my profile page.
Dec 25, 2014 12:15 AM

Apr 2009
*hugs*
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » RDG: Red Data Girl Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jun 1, 2013

199 by KempachiZaraki »»
Aug 2, 2023 11:52 AM

» This anime was horrible

Olwen - Jun 16, 2013

33 by Warchiii »»
Jul 19, 2023 5:59 AM

Poll: » RDG: Red Data Girl Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 23, 2013

133 by Hanemiyakazutora »»
Dec 12, 2021 8:20 PM

Poll: » RDG: Red Data Girl Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Apr 20, 2013

82 by Stardew »»
Jul 5, 2021 2:37 PM

Poll: » RDG: Red Data Girl Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Apr 13, 2013

89 by Stardew »»
Jul 3, 2021 11:56 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.