Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 11, 2013 2:50 AM

Dec 2012
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Looks like they finally left File Island. Crests? Will we see them digivolve into ultimates?
Jun 20, 2013 8:21 PM
Oct 2010

enter etamon. the douchebag digimon

Mod Edit: Added spoiler tags; please hide plot details.
anime-primeOct 2, 2020 1:49 AM
Dont bother replying to my posts in forums, dont check them afterwards.

Aug 25, 2013 5:42 PM

Apr 2010
I don't think I can watch this in English anymore. Not with Etamon having a bad Elvis impersonation as a voice.
Apr 9, 2014 11:30 PM
Mar 2013
Sasuke10271994 said:
I don't think I can watch this in English anymore. Not with Etamon having a bad Elvis impersonation as a voice.
Lol yeah now I remember Etemon, who could forget him with that terrible voice ^^

Aside from Etemon, this episode was interesting. So we now have crests to look for. That's another few episodes used up. And then it's a repeat of the beginning Digimon arc with everyone transforming into their ultimates.
Jul 6, 2014 3:14 PM

Oct 2013
fast paced but boring

Discord: the.path.to.pathos
RateYourMusic
last.fm
Aug 22, 2014 11:17 AM

Jan 2014
Sasuke10271994 said:

lol :D
Jun 6, 2016 3:03 PM

Feb 2013
It was nice to see all their former enemies help them build a raft.
Nov 25, 2019 10:29 PM

Apr 2016
"Do we really have to go?" WTH are you even thinking Jou? You should be WANTING to get out of this place. You don't want to stay on this island with four other dudes and two girls for the rest of your life. Let's see... Matt is guarenteed to get one of the girls and no one is going to wait around for Takeru, so that means you have about a 33% chance of getting a wife yourself. Pretty bad odds.

Well those were poorly written English lyrics. Doesn't sound right at all.

Why do they need to build a boat? Why can't they all just hang on to Birdramon and Kabuterimon?

Nice for the characters of the day to return for one final send off.

Why couldn't Palmon wrap her vines around the raft and Whalmon's tooth and keep the raft from falling down the throat?

Why can't they just use Birdramon and Kabuterimon to fly out of the stomach?

Haha there is a convenience store in an underwater cavern.

Darn, they found 1/2 of the powerlevel mcguffin already, not twenty minutes after it was introduced.
Dec 17, 2019 6:42 PM

May 2008
I... don't like this episode. It plays on one of the issues Digimon tends to have: plot convenience.

-Gennai's walky-talky appears out of nowhere. Was it hidden in Devimon's castle and when he destroyed it, it got buried in that one spot?
-CC is told Devimon had interfered which is why Gennai couldn't talk to them.... yet Devimon somehow interfered again despite being dead? BS.

-Met Whamon who both knows the way to Server Continent but also where the Tags are.
-Black Gear giving an excuse to for Whamon to repay them with an easier travel method.
-The Digivice destroying the Black Gear in a way that's never done before, making a portion of the battles pointless since they could just use it to remove them, not digimon fights. (The digivice is a bit inconsistent, how is the light controlled and by how much distance?)

There's also a sense of rushness and I'm starting to see that the final arc didn't happen by itself.
I'll reserve judgement of how bad it'll be, but I already can sense it.

Then there's their attitude to leaving: Jyou has been wanting to go home and now he's advocating they stay on the island and do what? Live there? Plus, he's the one that's been complaining about adults and humans, yet now they find one (who isn't, but is the best they'll get), he's saying not to trust him?? It's a bit OOC for Jyou. Then all the kids except two agree... because why? What do they have to lose? They're stuck if they don't go and yet they wanted to go home? Shouldn't the previous adventure been enough for them to realize they have to continue forward? The whole thing felt a bit forced, I'm not sure why it was added
. It's fine if they wanted to discuss the best path forward, that'd make sense, but the idea of them staying ("keep a look on things" what stupid thing are you saying, Yamato?) and farting around or worse, living on File Island is dumb.

Lastly: Takeru shouldn't know who Yukidramon is. It should have been Yamato/Gabumon or Taichi/Agumon who said it. With Takeru mentioning Elecmon. Consistency, please.

The pros:
1) Seven. Awesome song,

2) Digimon gossiping, lol. Glad they all came down to help, that Leomon and Elecmon set it up.

Mod Edit: Added spoiler tags; please hide plot details.
anime-primeOct 2, 2020 1:54 AM
Oct 2, 2020 12:54 AM

Dec 2012
Gennai.
Server Continent.
Gennai
Gennai's always been here.
Shinka to an even higher level.
A crest and tag?
Devimon scattered the tags.
Devimon interference.
Dat insert song.
Leomon.
Elecmon and co.
The raft is complete.
The egg hatched.
Poyomon. Baby.
Farewell File island.
A whale!
Whamon. Adult.
They got swallowed.
Sora holding on to Taichi.
Dat acid.
A gear!
Nice landing Taichi.
Whamon will take them.
A store.
Drimogemon. Adult.
Another gear.
Dat theme. Ikkakumon.
Damn. Ikkakumon going hard.
Dat theme. Kabuterimon.
The gear is gone.
Poyomon found the tags.
Dat ending.

So Devimon took control of a water digimon to go underwater then had Drimogemon guard it.
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
Feb 11, 2021 4:23 AM

Oct 2009
Nice to see all the previous controlled digimon working together to help building the raft
but raft on a sea.. was hoping the wave won't kill them before the monster XD
but the raft actually broke in 1 episode haha. and they gained a better one .. "whale ship"! weee

Patamon egg finally hatch :D
but it is a jellyfish?!

More topics from this board

Poll: » Digimon: Digital Monsters Episode 6 Discussion

KitaTsuki - May 6, 2010

15 by HiljainenSipuli »»
Feb 25, 2:26 PM

Poll: » Digimon: Digital Monsters Episode 5 Discussion

KitaTsuki - May 5, 2010

17 by HiljainenSipuli »»
Feb 25, 1:10 PM

Poll: » Digimon: Digital Monsters Episode 4 Discussion

KitaTsuki - May 5, 2010

16 by HiljainenSipuli »»
Feb 25, 12:42 PM

Poll: » Digimon: Digital Monsters Episode 3 Discussion

KitaTsuki - May 5, 2010

16 by HiljainenSipuli »»
Feb 25, 12:19 PM

Poll: » Digimon: Digital Monsters Episode 2 Discussion

KitaTsuki - May 3, 2010

18 by HiljainenSipuli »»
Feb 25, 11:56 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.