Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
May 6, 2013 6:19 PM

Feb 2013
Sesto_Oct 28, 2018 8:38 PM
May 6, 2013 6:26 PM
May 2010
No. The 'real' ending is half-way through ep 12. The actual ending is stupid.
May 25, 2013 3:24 PM

Jan 2013
Teiichi actually didn't listen to her and forget her, hence why he went to the club room again and opened up the case that had the notebook.
Thi123May 25, 2013 4:33 PM
Please send me a message/profile comment since I will most likely not check my forum posts. Thank you.
May 26, 2013 12:25 AM
May 2010
antassantas said:
LanaNi said:

Are you referring to when he forgot her as the 'real' ending and the him finding the notebook th actual ending? just curious.
When he finally stopped visiting the room with the scene of the last words "Sayonara Yuuko-san" on the notebook.

I would have bumped the series up another 2 points if it just ended right there.
Jun 2, 2013 10:18 AM

May 2011
LanaNi said:
LanaNi said:

When he finally stopped visiting the room with the scene of the last words "Sayonara Yuuko-san" on the notebook.

I would have bumped the series up another 2 points if it just ended right there.

I agree. It lost points with me with what came after that.

Jun 5, 2013 3:45 PM
Jun 2013
Yeah the ending was kinda like a sadness relief for me as it took away that sadness of Yuko disappearing, but i think her disappearance was neccissary and is what brought my rating up for the anime. Very sad. The ending is just cheesy and gay.
Jun 6, 2013 3:23 PM
Jan 2010
End Tasogare Otome was perfect. It could not be sad.
Aug 8, 2013 3:24 PM

May 2013
LanaAqua said:
antassantas said:
LanaNi said:

Are you referring to when he forgot her as the 'real' ending and the him finding the notebook th actual ending? just curious.

That ending sucked in Gurren Lagann, it sucked in Angel Beats, and it would have sucked in this
I watch dubs
Aug 8, 2013 7:43 PM

Jul 2012
I understand what the OP is saying so I can't argue with it . All I have to say about the series overall is it was good .
"However, by that point you'll have been torn into pieces."
Aug 9, 2013 8:51 PM

Jan 2013
iiij said:
LanaAqua said:
antassantas said:
LanaNi said:

That ending sucked in Gurren Lagann, it sucked in Angel Beats, and it would have sucked in this

I actually expected for an Angel Beats moment to happen where Yuuko reincarnated in the future as someone else.
Jul 26, 2015 2:04 PM

Sep 2014
I really like this Anime , But the Ending could have been with much more Impact if Yuuko never

Retuns and Niiya just moves on. That would make sense.

Anyway That's just me, I'm just fine with the actual ending because Happy Endings are always Welcomed.
Jun 19, 2016 9:45 PM
Feb 2015
Yes said:
yuichi333 said:
End Tasogare Otome was perfect. It could not be sad.

This. The ending was perfect for what this anime was. A sad, gloomy, bittersweet, dispirited, or whatever-you-wanna-call-it ending would not have fit the mood and tone of this series at all. It had to be a happy and cute ending - that's what this show called for. Sometimes a happy ending really is the best, most suitable option.

A tragic ending, or an emotionally impactful one, as many are calling for, just would not have worked. There are plenty of other shows more suited to that sort of thing.
Jun 26, 2016 12:54 AM

Feb 2013
I for one am pleased with the happy ending.
This was an unrealistic anime in the first place, im not looking for relateable themes irl
Also im a sucker for happy endings.
Jun 26, 2016 1:03 AM

Sep 2009
The problem isn't a happy ending, but how they just made the ending kinda shitty.
Be thankful for the wisdom granted to you.
Jul 1, 2016 6:25 AM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
Raydnt said:
I for one am pleased with the happy ending.
This was an unrealistic anime in the first place, im not looking for relateable themes irl
Also im a sucker for happy endings.

Kudos for you, I wasnt looking for one either.
Jul 2, 2016 12:02 AM

Sep 2009
I get why they went for the disney-esque happily ever after ending. I mean if you gotta pander then you gotta pander. Still, after rewatching the entire series it still felt right that Yuuko would disappear after everything's been resolved. That sorta ending really gives you closure that what transcribed over the course of the show meant something real and it wasn't just a wishy washy good time.

The happily ever after ending though wasn't bad, though it kinda cheapened the scene before it. I think I'm more disappointed over the fact they shoved both ending routes one after the other. Maybe one could of been extras on a BD or directors cut or something.
Jul 4, 2016 11:55 PM
Feb 2015
Having read the manga now, I'm not even sure why people are unhappy with this ending.

Yes, they had a super sad scene where Taichi has to say good bye to Yuko, but that's just pulling at the heart strings, as all good stories do to impact the viewer, before the inevitable magical solution that ends in happiness. So if people are saying that the happy ending sort of watered that down, I can't really agree with that. If anything, that scene reinforces the depth of their love and feelings for each other (the goodbye scene), and it helps reinforce the ending in a 'their love was so strong, that Yuko's spirit had to come back to him' kind of way. So it does what it's supposed to do.
Mar 26, 2017 11:05 AM

Oct 2014
Allystare said:
Having read the manga now, I'm not even sure why people are unhappy with this ending.

Yes, they had a super sad scene where Taichi has to say good bye to Yuko, but that's just pulling at the heart strings, as all good stories do to impact the viewer, before the inevitable magical solution that ends in happiness. So if people are saying that the happy ending sort of watered that down, I can't really agree with that. If anything, that scene reinforces the depth of their love and feelings for each other (the goodbye scene), and it helps reinforce the ending in a 'their love was so strong, that Yuko's spirit had to come back to him' kind of way. So it does what it's supposed to do.

This
and

iiij said:
LanaAqua said:

This.

Altough in angel beats they reincarnated.

His love was sos trong no other person needed to remember her for her to survive.
Apr 5, 2017 2:13 PM
Feb 2017
I personally did like the ending, because I didn't expect it and made it interesting in terms of emotions.
I agree with the original comment tough, that the whole forget me thing was weird. I did just interpret it as please move on and don't get stuck in the past. Should have been worded more in that direction.
Apr 7, 2017 5:40 PM
Sep 2016
First I cried, then I had a happy face, how could that´ve been a bad ending?
May 16, 2017 3:13 AM
Mar 2016
I don't want to get in any arguments and feel free to disagree in a well mannered-way but I'm just gonna throw my opinion out there.

To be honest, I would have given an 8/10 instead of a 7/10 if it had ended in the part after he talked with Kirie in the end.

So here's my take on how it should've gone. I disagree with the "Forget me part" like OP said it was pretty stupid, instead Teichi should've argued that he will never forget her no matter how long. But let's let this slide and go for the "Forget me route"

It would've made so much sense if it ended after he spoke with Kirie because if it did, it would have hinted that in a sense he kept and at the same time didn't keep the "Forget me" promise because he would've ended up with Kirie. I mean c'mon they made her so beautiful in that scene with all the Sakura petals flowing down and Teichi asking her to come around again and she replies "When I feel like it."

I don't know, it might just be me but that would be my ideal ending. Yuuko passed on peacefully and beautifully, the series would've ended with the sadness of Yuuko leaving but still having that sweet hope that Teichi and Kirie will continue to live on.
May 22, 2017 7:17 PM
Jun 2016
The series should have ended with Yuuko disappearing. I didn't deserve to sit through an emotional farewell only for it to be thrown away like that in two seconds after that!

I personally think it doesn't fit story-wise because it doesn't feel like a good pay-off to the emotional impact of that farewell
May 22, 2017 7:20 PM
Jun 2016
Kousuke-shii said:
I don't want to get in any arguments and feel free to disagree in a well mannered-way but I'm just gonna throw my opinion out there.

To be honest, I would have given an 8/10 instead of a 7/10 if it had ended in the part after he talked with Kirie in the end.

So here's my take on how it should've gone. I disagree with the "Forget me part" like OP said it was pretty stupid, instead Teichi should've argued that he will never forget her no matter how long. But let's let this slide and go for the "Forget me route"

It would've made so much sense if it ended after he spoke with Kirie because if it did, it would have hinted that in a sense he kept and at the same time didn't keep the "Forget me" promise because he would've ended up with Kirie. I mean c'mon they made her so beautiful in that scene with all the Sakura petals flowing down and Teichi asking her to come around again and she replies "When I feel like it."

I don't know, it might just be me but that would be my ideal ending. Yuuko passed on peacefully and beautifully, the series would've ended with the sadness of Yuuko leaving but still having that sweet hope that Teichi and Kirie will continue to live on.

That would have made way more sense because Teichi would have felt compelled to be with kirie since she's related to yuuko and teichi would have had the chance to live his life in the real world like a normal human being and let go of a ghost that's supposed to pass on!

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tasogare Otome x Amnesia Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

tsubasalover - Jun 17, 2012

156 by Ronninn »»
Mar 26, 10:40 PM

Poll: » Tasogare Otome x Amnesia Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 24, 2012

567 by Ronninn »»
Mar 26, 10:37 PM

Poll: » Tasogare Otome x Amnesia Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tsubasalover - Jun 3, 2012

142 by Karva1 »»
Mar 13, 2:30 PM

Poll: » Tasogare Otome x Amnesia Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

tsubasalover - May 27, 2012

169 by Karva1 »»
Mar 12, 7:52 PM

Poll: » Tasogare Otome x Amnesia Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tsubasalover - May 20, 2012

149 by Karva1 »»
Mar 12, 7:45 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.