Forum Settings
Forums
New
A top 10 would be great
May 6, 2013 12:34 PM

Jun 2012
Scary monsters and super creeps, from Jonathan's ripple up to Josuke's Soft & Wet.
And I Put the User next to the name for help.
OchimushaJan 6, 2017 3:56 PM
May 7, 2013 1:08 AM

Jun 2010
Way too tough of a question, I'm going to have to give a little bit of thought to this one and come back later.

I will say that I'm partial to the Stands that are versatile in terms of use, are given good fight(s), have a fitting name or just have a cool appearance in general.
May 8, 2013 5:45 AM

Jun 2009
So many choices.

I really liked the ripple and was sad when it was gone but I guess it was inevitable since it was too limited in the ways it could be used.

As for the Stands King Crimson is my favourite. It had a creepy/cool design the most AWESOME name ever (seriously say it out loud..."King Crimson"...it's just cool) and an ability that I still don't fully understand to this day (I spent hours pondering just how it works and had alot of fun doing so)

D4C was great for similar reasons, although it's ability kinda changed (whatever happened to "can make different worlds exist in the same place at the same time" that lead to the Rashomon thing with Johnny getting shot when it was first introduced?).

Stopping time ist just an incredible ability. I liked The World's design way better than Star Platinum.

Crazy Diamand and Gold Experience were both really versatile and you never knew how Josuke and Giorno were going to use them next.

And that's just a few of dozens of great Stands. You really have to admire Araki for his imagination.
May 9, 2013 7:02 PM

Jun 2012
I honestly wasn't expecting Horus to get any votes.

grandy_UiD said:
Stopping time ist just an incredible ability. I liked The World's design way better than Star Platinum.

It's a bit tedious though, most of the shit Dio uses it for that is.

Like the time Polnareff was trying to walk up the stairs...
May 10, 2013 7:36 AM

Jun 2009
YorozuyaGinSan said:

grandy_UiD said:

But that's what makes it fun, just fucking with people so they go "wtf is going on?" xD
May 10, 2013 10:04 AM

Jun 2009
grandy_UiD said:
YorozuyaGinSan said:

grandy_UiD said:

But that's what makes it fun, just fucking with people so they go "wtf is going on?" xD

One of my favorite moments is when Dio's on the streets, freezes time, and pushes women down and sticks a fork in some guys eye. I chuckled a bit and went "what a douche".
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
May 10, 2013 1:12 PM

Jun 2012
insan3soldiern said:
grandy_UiD said:
YorozuyaGinSan said:

grandy_UiD said:

One of my favorite moments is when Dio's on the streets, freezes time, and pushes women down and sticks a fork in some guys eye. I chuckled a bit and went "what a douche".

The car scene with Senator Wilson Phillips was also hilariously over the top douchebaggery on Dio's part.

But just think about it.

Wilson tried to run out of the car, but ended up running into the other side of it.

Hilarious as it is, in order for that to happen, Dio literally had to stop time, grab wilson and move him about 50 ft, get back in the car and start time once again.
and he did it in a loop no less.
May 11, 2013 3:27 PM
Sep 2009
1. Crazy Diamond
2. Jail House Rock
3. Soft & Wet
4. Sticky Fingers
5. Atum
6. Stone Free
7. Scary Monster
8. Cream Starter
9. The Hand
10. The World
(Honorable mention to Boingo's ridiculous stand, Thoth.)

Crazy Diamond with its power of "restoration" is definitely my favorite, but it's really hard to pick a top 10. There are a lot of cool ones.
May 11, 2013 4:51 PM

Jun 2012
I think I would like to change my vote to D4C :|

Too late I guess.

aneesh769 said:
1. Crazy Diamond
2. Jail House Rock
3. Soft & Wet
4. Sticky Fingers
5. Atum
6. Stone Free
7. Scary Monster
8. Cream Starter
9. The Hand
10. The World
(Honorable mention to Boingo's ridiculous stand, Thoth.)

Crazy Diamond with its power of "restoration" is definitely my favorite, but it's really hard to pick a top 10. There are a lot of cool ones.

Scary Monsters > Scary Monster personally.
You could always hide inside another dinosaur like Ferdinand did.
Then again, look what happened to him.
May 11, 2013 5:50 PM

Sep 2011
Hierophant Green of course. It was badass against Dio with the Kekkai and pwning Death 13.

May 11, 2013 8:32 PM
Sep 2009
YorozuyaGinSan said:

Transforming into a dinosaur is way cooler than hiding inside a dinosaur. Having a transformation stand making it possible to personally fight other stands is also an awesome perk.

In any case, Diego was eventually able to morph other creatures into dinosaurs (and dinosaur-themed furniture), so I think his version of the stand ended up being stronger.
May 11, 2013 8:43 PM

Jun 2012
aneesh769 said:
YorozuyaGinSan said:

Transforming into a dinosaur is way cooler than hiding inside a dinosaur. Having a transformation stand making it possible to personally fight other stands is also an awesome perk.

In any case, Diego was eventually able to morph other creatures into dinosaurs (and dinosaur-themed furniture), so I think his version of the stand ended up being stronger.

Having an army of Dinosaurs fight for you is pretty badass aswell though.
I think Diego was better off without the ability to make other Dinosaurs honestly, it takes away from Ferdinand's character. I'd actually of been fine if the whole Silent Way arc where he mainly used the ability never happened... Of course Johnny would have to learn the Golden Rectangle through other means.
I just found it sort of lame that Soundman went corrupt and was killed by a deus ex machina even when aided by Diego's asspull abilities.

Diego turning people into Valentine's new furniture was hilarious though.
May 12, 2013 5:57 AM
Dec 2012
King Crimson. I've always though of the ability to erase time and predict moves too be a baller ability. 2nd favorite would have to go to GER for being so broken and third goes to Crazy diamond since its extremely versatile.
May 12, 2013 5:57 AM
Dec 2012
King Crimson. I've always though of the ability to erase time and predict moves too be a baller ability. 2nd favorite would have to go to GER for being so broken and third goes to Crazy diamond since its extremely versatile.
May 12, 2013 6:00 AM

Apr 2013
Za warudo all the way!
May 12, 2013 9:04 AM

Sep 2009

Sticky Fingers. Just about the most brilliantly versatile stand there is.

Mod Edit: Please use spoiler tags for large images.
LunaJun 16, 2013 1:02 AM
May 12, 2013 1:44 PM

Jun 2009
YorozuyaGinSan said:

The car scene with Senator Wilson Phillips was also hilariously over the top douchebaggery on Dio's part.

But just think about it.

Wilson tried to run out of the car, but ended up running into the other side of it.

Hilarious as it is, in order for that to happen, Dio literally had to stop time, grab wilson and move him about 50 ft, get back in the car and start time once again.

Yeah, if you imagine what's going on there, it's pretty damn hilarious. Same with the already mentioned Polnareff scene. Polnareff takes a step up the stairs. Dio stops time, grabs a motionless Polnareff and carries him down a couple of steps, then goes back up and sits down again. And why? Just because. Awesome! Ridiculous but awesome.
May 13, 2013 4:49 AM
Aug 2011
May 13, 2013 5:32 AM

Jun 2009
grandy_UiD said:
YorozuyaGinSan said:

But just think about it.

Yeah, if you imagine what's going on there, it's pretty damn hilarious. Same with the already mentioned Polnareff scene. Polnareff takes a step up the stairs. Dio stops time, grabs a motionless Polnareff and carries him down a couple of steps, then goes back up and sits down again. And why? Just because. Awesome! Ridiculous but awesome.

Ridiculous but awesome pretty much summarizes my thoughts on the Jojo series. In fact, thanks to you guys pointing this stuff out, I like The World and Dio even more now.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
May 13, 2013 10:08 AM

Dec 2010
I voted for Horus because I had a love for eagles since I was young.
Even more so, intelligent animals that serve English vampires in Egypt that are capable of freezing an entire sewer, impaling a taxi or just being an ice machine gun with wings are just so rare a sight in anime/manga.
http://i.imgur.com/hWT6cI0.jpg Pictures speak louder than words at most times. http://i.imgur.com/U1oSeM9.jpg
Another reason why I voted for Pet Shop's stand as an ability was because after I watched Homura using time stop, I realised that without any weapons to take advantage of it, there's little offensive potential at all besides having 5 seconds or so to move around doing pranks. In that case, I would rather prefer something with more utility like being able to refrigerate food on the go, make an ice skating rink on a small pond or just cycle over water like Aokiji in One Piece. There's really infinite potential I can think of that Horus has.
I'll just leave this here. http://imgur.com/a/VvHft

My second choice would definitely be Moody Blues. Having the ability to look into/relive the past would be able to help solve many crimes or just be a wonder for gathering information/dirt on people. Not to mention using it to perform magic tricks would be a blast.
Nice to see people answering something other than The World, Gold Experience in favor of King Crimson and Sticky Fingers.
May 24, 2013 1:58 PM

Jan 2013
I choose. Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap (Funny Valentine)
One of the most awesome stands in Steel Ball Run in my opinion.
May 24, 2013 2:37 PM

Oct 2011
I chose Diego Brando stand the way he transfer into dinosaur and attack with awesome reflects not to mention changing anything into mobs is really something Awesome.

And if I could I would like to choose Cars ultimate form with all the things you want to do to him you can't finish him off at all. That is so Awesome, and how did he end up in the space was the only thing you can do to him. JOJO is really my favorite manga of all the time.

But something bothers me about JOJO at the end of part 3 when Joseph Joestar should be dead he brought him back to life was a bit of uncool. I felt at that time that the author doesn't want any JOJO family to die except part 1 which had a good ending. And I didn't like how Gyro end at part 7 if I remember right JOJO had one bullet at least why didn't he save him as he did when he got that overpower hit that go to the heart. I got the conclusion that the Authors doesn't simply kill any JOJO character as he did to other characters.
Jun 15, 2013 3:00 AM

Jun 2012
ZanZus said:
I chose Diego Brando stand the way he transfer into dinosaur and attack with awesome reflects not to mention changing anything into mobs is really something Awesome.

And if I could I would like to choose Cars ultimate form with all the things you want to do to him you can't finish him off at all. That is so Awesome, and how did he end up in the space was the only thing you can do to him. JOJO is really my favorite manga of all the time.

But something bothers me about JOJO at the end of part 3 when Joseph Joestar should be dead he brought him back to life was a bit of uncool. I felt at that time that the author doesn't want any JOJO family to die except part 1 which had a good ending. And I didn't like how Gyro end at part 7 if I remember right JOJO had one bullet at least why didn't he save him as he did when he got that overpower hit that go to the heart. I got the conclusion that the Authors doesn't simply kill any JOJO character as he did to other characters.

I think Araki just wanted to keep the tragic fate of the Zeppeli bloodline running through both Universe'.
Unfortunately yeah, I completely forgot to add the Pillar/stone mask abilities, and I think I'll put them into 1 spot at the end of the poll if I still can. It's probably too late though.
TookMe6Years said:
I choose. Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap (Funny Valentine)
One of the most awesome stands in Steel Ball Run in my opinion.

If not for Crazy Diamond's versatility and my bias towards Josuke, I'd of voted D4C aswell, some of it's complexity was lost around the love train arc though.
Anvica said:
I voted for Horus because I had a love for eagles since I was young.
Even more so, intelligent animals that serve English vampires in Egypt that are capable of freezing an entire sewer, impaling a taxi or just being an ice machine gun with wings are just so rare a sight in anime/manga.
http://i.imgur.com/hWT6cI0.jpg Pictures speak louder than words at most times. http://i.imgur.com/U1oSeM9.jpg
Another reason why I voted for Pet Shop's stand as an ability was because after I watched Homura using time stop, I realised that without any weapons to take advantage of it, there's little offensive potential at all besides having 5 seconds or so to move around doing pranks. In that case, I would rather prefer something with more utility like being able to refrigerate food on the go, make an ice skating rink on a small pond or just cycle over water like Aokiji in One Piece. There's really infinite potential I can think of that Horus has.
I'll just leave this here. http://imgur.com/a/VvHft

And to think Pet Shop was only around for 5 chapters of the series. Moody Blues really was the perfect stand for someone with a strong sense of justice such as Abbacchio.
OchimushaJun 15, 2013 3:11 AM
Jun 16, 2013 12:36 AM

Dec 2010
Haha, it seems I'm not the only one that liked Pet Shop!
http://www.pixiv.net/member_illust.php?mode=medium&illust_id=36412067
Today, this artist just made a neat picture featuring Pet Shop delivering a letter to Pucci!
Jun 16, 2013 12:42 AM

Jun 2013
Well......
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 16, 2013 12:48 AM

May 2013
TheOtaku143110 said:
Well......

All my love and my vote.
Jun 16, 2013 12:52 AM

Jun 2012
Anvica said:
Haha, it seems I'm not the only one that liked Pet Shop!
http://www.pixiv.net/member_illust.php?mode=medium&illust_id=36412067
Today, this artist just made a neat picture featuring Pet Shop delivering a letter to Pucci!

Well, there's no denying Horus is a great stand, Cryokinesis would be an awesome ability.
The Enrico picture is awesome btw, reminds me of Savage Garden.

Flan-chan said:
TheOtaku143110 said:
Well......

All my love and my vote.

ROAD ROLLA DA!!!

But that's not really an ability of The World, just Dio being Dio.
Jun 23, 2013 3:56 PM

Jul 2010
grandy_UiD said:
YorozuyaGinSan said:

But just think about it.

Anyway, my top 5 stands are: Gold Experience/Requiem > Killer Queen > D4 > Soft & Wet (I'm really starting to love it) > The World.
Jun 26, 2013 8:56 AM

Dec 2010

...And Enrico Pucchi and Phantom Blood Dio confirmed for All Star Battle.
Looking forward to turning people inside out while speeding up time.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=PD5q1XqEEI8

While on the topic of villains and their stands...
AnvicaJun 26, 2013 10:51 AM
Apr 5, 2015 9:32 PM

Oct 2010
Top 10 (in order)

Crazy Diamond
Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap
The World
Sticky Fingers
C- moon
Cream
Made in Heaven
Tatoo You
Catch the Rainbow
Metallica
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 17, 2015 8:06 PM

Dec 2009
DARTY DEEDS DON DARTU CHEEP
May 17, 2015 6:08 AM

May 2015
If we talkin' about the Design, and only it, I'd vote D4C all day it's so fabulous (for me) I can't put it in words.

But Born This Way (or Going Underground) really hooked me in term of ablity+design, as much as I love D4C, I'll choose Born This Way as my favorite stands in general.

The artist should add Kyo Nijimura (And her stand) in there

he takes what he's lost and discards what he's won, he's every bit as alive as you and I
May 20, 2015 2:14 PM

Apr 2014
Difficult to pick favorites. Some are awesome because they look just too damn cool, others because they have such unique abilities.
Designwise I would put these 5 on top:
-C-Moon
-Killer Queen
-King Crimson
-Paisley Park
-The Grateful Dead

It's great how Araki always manage to nail the final antagonist's stands. Most look really impressive.
Honorable mention to Jobin's stand for giving me a very good first impression. I'm really looking forward to see more of it.

Abilitywise, it's much more difficult to pick favorites since so many of them have so incredibly bizarre powers. My favorite might be Bohemian Rhapsody. It features the best non final fight of the series.
Whitesnake, Sticky Fingers, Sex Pistols, Civil War and Heavy Weather are also examples of unorthodox powers that simply worked outstandingly in the world of Jojo.
Jun 6, 2016 8:07 AM

Jun 2015
Harvest

D4C

Tusk

Stone Free

Bohemian Rhapsody

Paisley Park

Sex Pistols

Silver Chariot

Whitesnake

Killer Queen

Catch the Rainbow

King Nothing

Vitamin C

The Grateful Dead

Heavens door

Soft and Wet

Hey Ya!

Scary Monsters

Metallica

Sticky fingers

Highway Star
Jul 1, 2022 1:38 PM

Sep 2020
dirty deeds done dirt cheap and is probably my fav stand followed by killer queen
Jul 17, 2022 11:48 AM

Nov 2016
Good question, especially since it's hard to remember all the stand abilities especially since many of them appear only for a few chapters. Used an online wiki to refreshen my memory and all the abilities are cool but my favorite ended up being a tie between Blackmore's Catch the Rainbow (rain manipulation iirc) and Mista Guido's Sex Pistols (the gun with living bullets).

I'm surprised that Valentine's stand amassed the most votes, I found the ability quite confusing especially in the town chapters when it was first introduced. Overall it's not very surprising that the stands of the main characters are the most popular.
Dec 6, 2022 3:49 PM

Aug 2019
I really like Giorno's stand but I'm voting Rohan's because it'd be more useful. There are also stands that I think were used in very creative ways by the stand user (like Bucciarati with Sticky Fingers and Jolyne with Stone Free) even if on their own the stand ability wouldn't have impressed me, but seeing how they were used made me see the potential in it.

More topics from this board

Poll: » JoJo's Bizarre Adventure Part 8: Jojolion Chapter 5 Discussion

notsureifsrs - Oct 31, 2011

14 by Jfile904 »»
Apr 12, 1:26 PM

Poll: » JoJo's Bizarre Adventure Part 8: Jojolion Chapter 4 Discussion

Rade-chan - Sep 30, 2011

12 by Jfile904 »»
Apr 12, 1:20 PM

Poll: » JoJo's Bizarre Adventure Part 8: Jojolion Chapter 3 Discussion

notsureifsrs - Jul 19, 2011

28 by Jfile904 »»
Apr 12, 1:08 PM

Poll: » JoJo's Bizarre Adventure Part 8: Jojolion Chapter 33 Discussion

KiraYoshikage - Jun 20, 2014

31 by Tamamlanmamis »»
Apr 9, 6:46 AM

Poll: » JoJo's Bizarre Adventure Part 8: Jojolion Chapter 27 Discussion

KiraYoshikage - Dec 19, 2013

22 by Tamamlanmamis »»
Apr 9, 4:34 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.