Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
The Flowers of Evil
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
May 4, 2013 9:55 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Strange, episode aired but is like a day late.

Oh ya, the date is awkward. Freaking Nakamura. BUCKETTT with the replay. And this is even more weird:

May 4, 2013 9:56 AM

May 2010
Her and that stupid bucket. -.-
"Wait for the signal, and I'll meet you after dark"
May 4, 2013 9:57 AM

Jun 2010

ibs habbening :DDDDD

5nanometersMay 4, 2013 10:00 AM
Fun things are fun.
May 4, 2013 10:17 AM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
Stark700 said:
Strange, episode aired but is like a day late.

gg said that Aku no Hana has moved to a Saturday time slot from this episode and onwards so that's why it's a day late :)

edt: can't believe I spelled the title wrong...
tingyMay 5, 2013 2:26 PM
May 4, 2013 12:42 PM
Sep 2011
Oh, so that was the reason why the latest episode didn't show up in the regular time slot.
Who would have guessed but somehow Aku no Hana has managed to become one of my most anticipated shows every week, making the extended wait even more jarring.

The awkwardness went through the roof this week. It was more than obvious how uninterested Saeki was when Kasuga was raving about surrealism and the bench scene just reeked of uneasiness. Saeki's remark at the end though if Kasuga is all-right with her seems to hint at some self-esteem issues, which wouldn't be too surprising since she agreed to go on a date with Kasuga in the first place, someone she admits to be quite a weirdo herself.
EudaimoniaMay 9, 2013 5:20 AM
May 5, 2013 10:44 AM

Nov 2010
Expected this to happen from the moment she told him to wear the gym clothes...
May 5, 2013 1:23 PM

Feb 2013
Nakamura is crazy psycho bitch
May 5, 2013 1:25 PM
Jul 2018
ForMyAmusement said:
Oh, so that was the reason why the latest episode didn't show up in the regular time slot.
Who would have guessed but somehow Aku no Hana has managed to become one of my most anticipated shows every week, making the extended wait even more jarring.

yeah I know right, I almost died after watching episode 1
May 5, 2013 1:28 PM

Dec 2009
This episode was absolutely killer. Nakamura's "ssa-ssa-ssa-ssa" stalking sound, the Seaki Angel vision and of course the epic water bucket moment all had me in stitches. Next episode can't come soon enough.
Ara ara.
May 5, 2013 1:37 PM

Aug 2011
Oh, lord. I had to exit out of the page when Nakamura poured water on Kasuga. He seems to have covered it up pretty well. But seriously, Saeki is so nice to him. He doesn't seem like someone I'd personally want to associate with.
May 5, 2013 1:42 PM

Jun 2011
Now I'm wondering if they're planning to make us laugh or just disturb us so badly...
May 5, 2013 1:42 PM

May 2010
well dam.
May 5, 2013 2:03 PM

May 2012
Damn GG troll subbing this episode, I now understand why people say they troll sub.

EDIT: LOL nevermind. I'm an idiot who didn't know what "platonic love" was.
lightXTCMay 5, 2013 4:57 PM
Go ***k yourself.

Polite as usual,
lightXTC
May 5, 2013 2:05 PM

Jun 2011
My sides man... my sides... I can't do this any more. I thought SnK was the best unintentional comedy but this episode took the cake.
May 5, 2013 2:11 PM

Jan 2012
Does anyone know the exact fps of this show. I have a script I use but need to change the fps for this show and not sure what the value is *_* Thanks in advance.
May 5, 2013 2:19 PM

Nov 2008
lightXTC said:
Purely platonic relationship? This doesn't fucking make sense.

Kasuga said that.
May 5, 2013 2:21 PM

Aug 2012
lightXTC said:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Platonic_love

Lololol
May 5, 2013 2:22 PM
Feb 2013
lightXTC said:
Damn GG troll subbing this episode, I now understand why people say they troll sub.

Why? I heard "puratoniku" and "kudasai", shouldn't be too far from that subs if there's really something wrong there.
May 5, 2013 2:24 PM

Aug 2012
onewhodreamt said:
lightXTC said:

Why? I heard "puratoniku" and "kudasai", shouldn't be too far from that subs if there's really something wrong there.
Good thing there is nothing wrong there c:
May 5, 2013 2:27 PM
Apr 2011
lightXTC said:

Kasuga said that in the manga.
May 5, 2013 2:33 PM

Nov 2012
Another fucked up episode, not as much as the last one, but LOL so much awkwardness.
May 5, 2013 2:42 PM

May 2010
ReasonDesu said:
Does anyone know the exact fps of this show. I have a script I use but need to change the fps for this show and not sure what the value is *_* Thanks in advance.

Video #1
ID : 1
Format : AVC
Format/Info : Advanced Video Codec
Format profile : High 10@L4.0
Format settings, CABAC : Yes
Format settings, ReFrames : 9 frames
Codec ID : V_MPEG4/ISO/AVC
Duration : 23mn 39s
Width : 1 280 pixels
Height : 720 pixels
Display aspect ratio : 16:9
Frame rate mode : Constant
Frame rate : 23.976 fps
Color space : YUV
Chroma subsampling : 4:2:0
Bit depth : 10 bits
Scan type : Progressive

5/5 btw.
May 5, 2013 2:49 PM

Jan 2012
Kerozinn said:

5/5 btw.

Cheers. I was sure people had said it was less but nothing to change then, thanks.

On the topic of this episode, I really enjoyed it and the bucket of water was almost what I was expecting from last week, but it looks like she didn't notice before he got away. Nakamura in the sparkly scene was epic had to make a GIF.

Also that mustache made me chuckle a little, but was missing my comic relief from pigtails girl/thing. Overall a decent episode for me, the series is keeping up the atmosphere well. 5/5
ReasonDesuMay 5, 2013 3:25 PM
May 5, 2013 3:21 PM

Apr 2012
May 5, 2013 3:28 PM

Jan 2012
Durbikins said:

Haha that was one of my favorite parts of that episode, so cute yet so surreal. DAT graffiti also, I bet that is actually real it looks like the graffiti in my town :P
May 5, 2013 3:31 PM

Feb 2012
Lol shit escalated pretty quickly at the end, the good thing is that he acted fast, and managed to get away somehow.

The date was awkward as hell lmao, still great episode, can't wait for next one.
May 5, 2013 3:32 PM

Mar 2013
Good episode especially Nakamura's stalking scene XD lmao awesome.

May 5, 2013 3:42 PM

Mar 2013
Is it me or is the animation slowly getting better?....
I'm not sure but it feel like it's building on it's self......
What do you guys think?....
May 5, 2013 3:46 PM

Jan 2012
umitosora said:

It felt like it to me too but I'm not sure if I'm just getting used to it.
May 5, 2013 3:52 PM
Nov 2011
umitosora said:

I think we're just getting used to it... The strange effects continue but nobody cares anymore

[Yeah i'm new here, helloooo]
May 5, 2013 3:55 PM
Mar 2012
IMHO, worst episode so far, yet it was still good.

Dunno, I was expecting they would adapt more material on this one. Oh well, I guess they would want to end the episode after the bucket scene.

Lovin' Aku no Hana. 8/10
May 5, 2013 3:57 PM

Feb 2009
He's such a lousy date!

Since when having sexual desire makes you a deviant? WTH is the hell these two are so worked up about?

Nakamura is really not scared uh? Even if gutless messing with someone like that can be dangerous. I thought he was going to hit her or something when he found her after she dumped that bucket of water on him.
May 5, 2013 4:01 PM

Jan 2013
I thought the date was going horribly.
It's unbelievable she had fun on it.
May 5, 2013 4:05 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
MaxCrazy7 said:
He's such a lousy date!

I know right! Not sure how Saeki can say that it's the most fun she's had for awhile. She must not have fun at all. All Takao did was talk nonstop about books that Saeki doesn't understand, and not listen to her when she was telling her story...but anyways, Nakamura. That scene with her running against that colorful background o_o seriously, they make the already weird scenes from the manga even weirder, which is, I guess, refreshing.
May 5, 2013 4:24 PM

Sep 2012
Saeki seems very boring, and Kasuga is such a wimp, I can't understand why he accepts that easily such bullying. Anyway, I don't really like the story, but the anime stays very engaging thanks to this stunning atmosphere.
May 5, 2013 5:52 PM

Oct 2011
Nakamura!!!! OMG. That skipping scene and her stalking Kasuga throughout their date. It seems Kasuga and Saeki relationship has improved I guess. A platonic relationship to say. Damn the water scene almost revealed her gym clothes.
May 5, 2013 6:28 PM

Jun 2012
Weird . . .

Durbikins said:

^ lol

May 5, 2013 6:58 PM

May 2013
interesting episode.
May 5, 2013 7:06 PM

Jan 2009
this director really likes slow pacing, he should be the director of long shounen series like bleach and naruto shippuuden
May 5, 2013 7:55 PM
Mar 2011
how old are they suppose to be again? 13? couldnt really expect much of a date from kasuga considering nakamura is watching the whole time.

its funny how consistent they are about the no-face animation. i think they made a rule that if a person is 10+ feet away you dont have to draw in facial features and leave it like slenderman.
"....i am the villain in this story"
May 5, 2013 8:03 PM

Jan 2012
amginex said:

its funny how consistent they are about the no-face animation. i think they made a rule that if a person is 10+ feet away you dont have to draw in facial features and leave it like slenderman.

My theory (but it literally is just that) is the camera didn't pick up enough detail to animate faces well in the direct way they did until the model was at a certain distance away from the camera. It's a nice work around if that is the reason and it adds to the atmosphere, I kinda like it.
May 5, 2013 8:11 PM
Mar 2011
ReasonDesu said:
amginex said:

My theory (but it literally is just that) is the camera didn't pick up enough detail to animate faces well in the direct way they did until the model was at a certain distance away from the camera. It's a nice work around if that is the reason and it adds to the atmosphere, I kinda like it.

first i like this anime so far and i love the manga. just want to point that out first but it doesnt stop me from criticizing it.

ok, with that said, the blank faces do work in several scenarios and scenes, but there are some scenes where i was expecting some kind of facial expression. thats just me expecting something
as far as your theory goes. it does make sense. its probably an error in the production that they didnt foresee during the filming.
but i believe that the animation is getting better especially the close-up facial expressions and it seems like the backgrounds are getting even more beautiful
May 5, 2013 8:29 PM

Jan 2012
amginex said:

first i like this anime so far and i love the manga. just want to point that out first but it doesnt stop me from criticizing it.

ok, with that said, the blank faces do work in several scenarios and scenes, but there are some scenes where i was expecting some kind of facial expression. thats just me expecting something
as far as your theory goes. it does make sense. its probably an error in the production that they didnt foresee during the filming.
but i believe that the animation is getting better especially the close-up facial expressions and it seems like the backgrounds are getting even more beautiful

I'm thinking more along the lines of budget issues. With this kind of sell to the mangaka and the cost of the actors for the LA they were probably tight for money. The most notable case of the facial expression thing was a few episodes ago when Nakamura was like "I hate that smirk" or something along those lines while they are sat together after school and he just has a blank face. It felt really out of place there but once again I think it's just an eccentric choice of the director either due to budget or the atmosphere he wanted to create, and as I said that theory is a theory, I or I doubt you have little knowledge of the inside workings of the Japanese studios. I really do quite like the blank face effect though, especially when people are walking in from a distance.
May 5, 2013 8:43 PM
Aug 2010
umitosora said:

No it is not getting better. It is just you used to it
May 5, 2013 9:03 PM

Dec 2011
Why do they translate as deviant instead of pervert? I thought the latter was more along the lines of what Nakamura meant..
Live forever, or die trying
May 5, 2013 9:27 PM

Oct 2012
It's hard to root for an MC that's the stereotypical pansy. I guess this is what happens when you take a typical clueless loser from some harem shounen anime, rotoscope him, and put him in a scenario completely out of his element. What would have been a tense and dramatic situation is utterly ruined by the stupidity of his actions, how he comically overreacts or blows his fuse inappropriately. Aku no Hana is the perfect example of when excessive realism from the rotoscoping actually damaged the story because it's apparent the characters were never meant to exist in that setting. And if there is some poor guy somewhere in real life that has -10 ability in calmly assessing his situation at some singular point in the week or so that this series take place, then I don't want to watch such an anime about that idiot, Zeus bless him!

It's 5 episodes in and I'm giving this series a 3/10. The only thing that's keeping me from dropping this show is the reassurance that I get at the beginning of each episode that there are only X "out of 13 episodes" -- sort of like a goal post that I shall look forward to.

I am disappointed. The premise had so much potential. If they could at least do a narrative in the thought process of the MC to give him just an ounce of human-like intelligence to make the bullet easier to swallow.
My subjective reviews: katsureview.wordpress.com
THE CHAT CLUB.
May 5, 2013 9:44 PM
Mar 2011
katsucats said:
It's hard to root for an MC that's the stereotypical pansy. I guess this is what happens when you take a typical clueless loser from some harem shounen anime, rotoscope him, and put him in a scenario completely out of his element. What would have been a tense and dramatic situation is utterly ruined by the stupidity of his actions, how he comically overreacts or blows his fuse inappropriately. Aku no Hana is the perfect example of when excessive realism from the rotoscoping actually damaged the story because it's apparent the characters were never meant to exist in that setting. And if there is some poor guy somewhere in real life that has -10 ability in calmly assessing his situation at some singular point in the week or so that this series take place, then I don't want to watch such an anime about that idiot, Zeus bless him!

It's 5 episodes in and I'm giving this series a 3/10. The only thing that's keeping me from dropping this show is the reassurance that I get at the beginning of each episode that there are only X "out of 13 episodes" -- sort of like a goal post that I shall look forward to.

I am disappointed. The premise had so much potential. If they could at least do a narrative in the thought process of the MC to give him just an ounce of human-like intelligence to make the bullet easier to swallow.

i think youre missing the part that hes in middle school, in love with a girl who owns the clothes he "stole" while being blackmailed. what level of intelligence are you expecting?

i also see alot of posts here about "whats the big deal about stealing her clothes? why cant he just confess?" which is actually a sad thing especially coming from anime fans. Youd think theyd know by now the type of moral culture japan has and how different it is with "shameful" things.
May 5, 2013 9:53 PM

Apr 2013
This episode was great. Kasuag has Saeki right where he wants her, yet he is still too much in shock to do anything.
Nakamura is such a bitch, but that's what makes her so great. Such a cruel yet amazing character. I think she is very hot XD

DoomCraft said:
This episode was absolutely killer. Nakamura's "ssa-ssa-ssa-ssa" stalking sound, the Seaki Angel vision and of course the epic water bucket moment all had me in stitches. Next episode can't come soon enough.

This! I thought that was pretty funny!

Mod Edit:
1. Removed manga spoiler. Please see the first post, this is an anime only discussion. Generally, if you're talking about something that not everyone in a thread knows, please use spoiler tags.
2. Merged posts. Please do not double post.
LunaMay 6, 2013 1:14 AM
"Cowards live longer than most people. It's when people are full of fear that Death comes, and Death prefers when strong people get scared, their souls taste better. Weak people taste terrible." -Boogiepop Phantom
May 5, 2013 10:18 PM
Apr 2013
I think this is the most self consciously weird show i'ver ever seen. The story is so simple but intriguing, and the art just takes that to a whole new level. I have no idea what's going to happen. Just hope it doesn't have a broken end because so far looks like a masterpiece to me.
May 5, 2013 10:43 PM

Mar 2012
Anyone noticed a slight change in the ED? Still creepy, though.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Aku no Hana Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 29, 2013

324 by bushman66 »»
Apr 13, 3:44 PM

Poll: » Aku no Hana Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 22, 2013

86 by bushman66 »»
Apr 13, 3:42 PM

Poll: » Aku no Hana Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 15, 2013

131 by bushman66 »»
Apr 13, 3:40 PM

Poll: » Aku no Hana Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 8, 2013

135 by bushman66 »»
Apr 13, 3:39 PM

Poll: » Aku no Hana Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 1, 2013

118 by bushman66 »»
Apr 13, 3:38 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.