Forums
New
May 3, 2013 7:30 PM

Aug 2012
CONTAINS SPOILERS FROM 1st & 2nd VOLUME

http://z.mfcdn.net/store/manga/2778/01-006.0/compressed/liar_game_v01_164.jpg
1Q: How the hell he managed to steals his card? Shouldnt it be showed to reader? >.>

http://z.mfcdn.net/store/manga/2778/01-007.0/compressed/liar_game_v01_184.jpg
http://z.mfcdn.net/store/manga/2778/01-007.0/compressed/liar_game_v01_185.jpg
So here we see:
-girl can pay half of her winnning prize (50mln) and she would be free of this game.
-then Akiyama says if she didnt appear at designated place and time its like she forfeited game and she must pay all of her winnings (100mln)

2Q:^this meeting have to been in future so she didnt skip that meeting, but Akiyama said it like she did? Maybe she had to give it when she is around that agents? But then why it wasnt explained?

So in volume 2:
It seems like you must pay 100% of your winnings to get (remember that girl who got robbed of her100mln yen) if you want to live peacefully >.> So lets see how it looks from point of view of that Punk-looking guy.
@ FIRST ROUND
-he earned 2mln so he got 102mln in total
-offices of Liar Game came to his house and took his 100mln so he got 2mln left

@ SECOND ROUND
http://z.mfcdn.net/store/manga/2778/02-008.0/compressed/liar_game_v02_009.jpg
Boss looking guy says that they dont have any gains from this game, if someone will prove this is false then that guy will get 10 bilion yen. So lets going:
-Punk looking guy got 2mln from first round, so he could pay this 2mln (becouse he had to give 100% of his winnings), but "it never crossed his mind".
-So everyone gets nameplate with diamond that is worth 100mln yen, and if they lose they had to give this back.
-Punk-looking guy loses the game and somehow he is in debt becouse of that? HOW? He returned 100mln that was "borrowed", he returned his expensive diamond in his nameplate, so he still should have his 2mln from first round? So how it is possible he is in debt for fuck sake? If Liar Game offices sees people who lost as "forfeited" that have to return full of winnings then Punk guy didnt lose anything. But he is in debt? Then Liar Game have some gainings from them?

So am I right or did I miss something? I had really good thoughts when I read description of this manga and i saw 8.66 score. Maybe futher volumes explain this things? I am really disappointed toward this show at the moment but I hope someone will say "oh my god its not like this you dumb idiot!" and explain everything.

Oh yeah if I am right I want my 10 bilion yen!
JeycoppMay 4, 2013 10:33 AM
May 3, 2013 8:00 PM

Mar 2013
Since other people will come in and deal with the rest, I'll just answer your first question. Since the man was so paranoid that he never left his house, Akiyama was able to freely take his mail [which was located in his mailbox, outside the house] and replace it with his own. This, of course, is without the man ever knowing, because he spent all of his time guarding the safe.
"In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move."
- Douglas Adams

"...but all these feels that are currently assaulting me don't seem to care. Conversely, I'm also aggressively erect at the moment..."
May 3, 2013 8:40 PM

Aug 2012
Pusswookie said:
Since other people will come in and deal with the rest, I'll just answer your first question. Since the man was so paranoid that he never left his house, Akiyama was able to freely take his mail [which was located in his mailbox, outside the house] and replace it with his own. This, of course, is without the man ever knowing, because he spent all of his time guarding the safe.

We dont know Akiyama thieving skills, but I guess it would take some time to lockpick mailbox, some neighbors could notice that and call someone. But maybe my guess is wrong and he got his mail faster than I thought, or he did it at night. So bad they didnt show it so some people wouldnt have to see my bitching, but okay I must admit its kinda nitpick of mine.

Thank you for your post :)
May 4, 2013 1:54 AM

Sep 2010
about question two, it's been a while since I read those chapters but one page that you posted here is enough.

"We LGT will never do anything dishonsest, simply because we have nothing to gain from it."

He is not saying that LGT doesn't have any profit from creating it, he is saying that LGF doesn't get anything if they are dishonest, -> they don't have reason to make the game not fair.

accually there are games where they have huge profit, no spoilers so I will explain it on game one, and two:

two players each recive 100mln. One player gets all a wins with 200, he returns 100 at the end of the game, and pays 50mln to drop ot of the game. he is at +50
Second player ends at -100mln. LGT officers are always talking that they will use any means nessesery to get thier money back so, somehow they get 100mln from him, end values:
player one +50
player two -100
LGT: -200+100+50+10= +50
so they have gain 50 mln.

dimonds:
there was around 22 of them, LGT doesn't have gain after they return thier dimonds, as they have to give all dimonds to the winer. But they have gain if winer drop out and give half of them back. Then they have 10,5(one was paid by the winer he wins 21) dimonds of gain all the money from paying back, which is worth of 22 dimonds. So if player forfiets they thier balance is:
-22+10,5+22=10,5 -> 10,5mln
May 4, 2013 1:58 PM

Aug 2012
Okay now I know almost everything, still waiting for awnser to this:

So here we see:
-girl can pay half of her winnning prize (50mln) and she would be free of this game.
-then Akiyama says if she didnt appear at designated place and time its like she forfeited game and she must pay all of her winnings (100mln)
May 5, 2013 6:20 AM
Feb 2013
Well, dropping out and forfeiting are two different things, I guess. It basically means "if you want to get out of the Liar Game, you need to give us 50 million yen back by this date. If on that day you don't give us the money, and you don't show up for the next round, we will personally come after you and get back the full 100 million yen with whatever means possible (the manga hinted selling the person off or something like that)".
May 6, 2013 6:38 PM

Aug 2012
scykei said:
Well, dropping out and forfeiting are two different things, I guess. It basically means "if you want to get out of the Liar Game, you need to give us 50 million yen back by this date. If on that day you don't give us the money, and you don't show up for the next round, we will personally come after you and get back the full 100 million yen with whatever means possible (the manga hinted selling the person off or something like that)".

So it looks like that becouse of translation error? Am I right?
May 6, 2013 11:41 PM
Feb 2013
Well, not necessarily. I checked the raw and the translation pretty close. I actually don't really see any problems with it if you look at it that way.

Anyway, how far are you in the manga? It gets really confusing (although really fun) later on.
May 7, 2013 4:54 AM

Aug 2012
scykei said:
Well, not necessarily. I checked the raw and the translation pretty close. I actually don't really see any problems with it if you look at it that way.

Anyway, how far are you in the manga? It gets really confusing (although really fun) later on.

But in this problem I meant that heroine was there in time. But there is not much informations about forfeiting/droping out.
May 7, 2013 7:07 AM
Feb 2013
If you notice in the first page, Akiyama says that she can choose to drop out now for 50 million. If she does not pay up, the only other option is to continue in the tournament. That's the only two choices.

As a consequence for not showing up or being on time for the tournament and not paying back the 50 million yen, they are going to hunt 100 million from you. It's really that simple.

If you read later on, you will see that there are many players, just like Nao who no longer possess the money they have won and can't pay to escape. So they are forced to continue in the tournament.
May 12, 2013 10:15 AM

Aug 2012
I think u misunderstood something:

So here we see:

2Q:^this meeting have to been in future so she didnt skip that meeting, but Akiyama said it like she did? Maybe she had to give it when she is around that agents? But then why it wasnt explained?

+ http://z.mfcdn.net/store/manga/2778/02-010.0/compressed/liar_game_v02_063.jpg

As you remember woman didnt pay 50mln but 100mln.
It could be like: you have to pay 50mln right in time when agents came when 1st round is about to end. However there is nothing said about it.
JeycoppMay 12, 2013 10:19 AM

More topics from this board

Poll: » Liar Game Chapter 203 Discussion (Newly Written Chapter 202)

Mana - Aug 15, 2016

4 by DebiPS »»
Apr 14, 12:48 PM

Poll: » Liar Game Chapter 105 Discussion

en_____ - Mar 6, 2010

15 by DebiPS »»
Apr 4, 6:24 PM

Poll: » Liar Game Chapter 22 Discussion

Darkreaper70 - Jul 6, 2008

13 by DebiPS »»
Mar 21, 5:49 PM

Poll: » Liar Game Chapter 138 Discussion

belatkuro - Jul 21, 2010

18 by jeffu »»
Mar 13, 6:15 AM

Poll: » Liar Game Chapter 1 Discussion

supersayen - Sep 21, 2010

22 by TheGeno42 »»
Feb 22, 7:46 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.