Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 27, 2008 12:34 AM

Aug 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
"The Guided Ones"

-Folken rulz, he's got two hot Cat-Girls adoring him.
-Ok, what the hell is up w/ this light randomly picking up and moving ppl
-Dilandau is royally f*cked!

This ep was rather slow, but it had a lot of important info. So that somewhat evens it out. I don't care much for Allen's b*tchiness during this ep, and laughed when Dryden made fun of him. Folken, as usual, is spot on w/ perfct timing. He's intercepted the heroes at what looks to be the mystic valley. And we're about to get a fight when that d@mn beam of light shows up again!
Mar 30, 2010 11:36 PM

Apr 2008
I can't believe we actually have a plot. I don't think Hitomi's mother have call the police.
May 2, 2010 10:58 PM
Feb 2009
Yeah Merle was right Hitomi needs to figure out her own feelings first, and only worried for Van.... I'm seriously doubting that hehe amg even Alan's dad is a player o0 Hitomi's grandma lol
FlaecyMay 2, 2010 11:24 PM
Jul 17, 2012 5:58 PM

Oct 2010
Had to re-watch this episode. There's a lot of important details that can be easily missed if you aren't paying attention.
Dec 23, 2012 6:03 PM

Jan 2011
Merle is obviously right.
But I think Hitomi knows Van is the better pick.

And I wonder what secrets lie in the Mystic Valley..
Jul 4, 2014 11:02 AM

Dec 2013
I bet that Issac guy is Emeror Dornkirk!
Love and Peace!!!
Apr 22, 2015 8:32 PM

Feb 2013
(rewatching again)

Hitomi's granny is kinda cute, but isn't Allen's father a bit old for her?
Major info dump done well. Excellent buildup. Also, Hitomi and Allen... Van is jealous.
And then there's pimp-Folken with Naria and Eriya.
Jan 25, 2016 5:05 PM

Feb 2014
BurntJelly said:
Hitomi's granny is kinda cute, but isn't Allen's father a bit old for her?

Ya I can see why Allen is mad at his father for abandoning his family to chase after a high school girl.

Ooh yay they can go to Atlantis now. But weren't they already able to with the sword of Freid? I'm confused.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 25, 2018 7:58 PM

Feb 2013
Still captivating even after seeing it so many times.
May 8, 2019 2:53 PM

Oct 2012
Isn't Dilandau Allen's sister after all? All the "transition" of fate thing they were talking about... It had occurred me, just a thought, but now I'm starting to really believe it. And as the anime clearly likes family relationships lol
Nov 14, 2020 6:18 PM

Feb 2012
No need to guess who Isaac is.

So Allen's dad met Hitomi's grandma before, nad met her again in the mystic valley but he had aged but she didn't? Does this mean that time flows differently between Gaea and Earth? Should Hitomi come back, will she be younger than the friends she left?

So they consider Dilandau a "monster" hmm and he has a condition (more than just PTSD I presume)?

Novels I have read/am reading pending approval: since November 10 2022
Jan 2, 2022 12:42 AM

May 2019
Fascinating backstory.

I also like how they addressed Hitomi's disappearance on Earth, because in a lot of isekai they don't.

Isaac is Dornkirk.

Obviously they did some experiment on Dilandau, that's probably what made him how he is.

Jul 27, 2023 11:23 PM

Jun 2021
Wow so many things in this chapter, the journey of allen's father and his relation to hitomi's grandmother TENSION WITH HITOMI AND ALLEN WAAA >W< but i need more mecha fights the gate of atlantis opened when the good shit were going to happen they could do it after the battle shit but TENSION TENSION TENSION uwwwuwuwuwwuuwuw
BRUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUH

More topics from this board

Poll: » Escaflowne Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

maLakai - Jan 12, 2009

118 by Lockensocke »»
Apr 8, 12:23 AM

» Remember when people thought this was one of the greatest anime ever?

Schlockendale - Jan 13, 2022

17 by Lockensocke »»
Apr 7, 8:44 AM

Poll: » Escaflowne Episode 25 Discussion

kage-bunshin - Mar 22, 2009

22 by LotteGiants »»
Apr 7, 8:33 AM

Poll: » Escaflowne Episode 24 Discussion

kage-bunshin - Mar 22, 2009

36 by LotteGiants »»
Apr 7, 8:22 AM

Poll: » Escaflowne Episode 23 Discussion

kage-bunshin - Mar 21, 2009

37 by LotteGiants »»
Apr 7, 8:12 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.