Forum Settings
Forums

Japan's Weekly Manga and Light Novels Rankings for April 15th - 21st

New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Apr 28, 2013 9:24 PM

May 2010
Shingeki no Kyojin ♥
"Wait for the signal, and I'll meet you after dark"
Apr 28, 2013 10:08 PM
Mar 2013
ASHBOT said:
Silver Spoon is so wonderful. It is such shame that's it's not very popular among english readers :/

you know why ?

They compare Silver Spoon with Fullmetal Alchemist,

and they say Silver Spoon is Boring because there isn't any action or Fighting scene. ( too bad, they only like MAINSTREAM )
Apr 28, 2013 10:29 PM

Apr 2011
hakazee said:
ASHBOT said:
Silver Spoon is so wonderful. It is such shame that's it's not very popular among english readers :/

you know why ?

and they say Silver Spoon is Boring because there isn't any action or Fighting scene. ( too bad, they only like MAINSTREAM )

FMA is one of my favorite manga, so when I started reading Silver Spoon, I expected a similar level of enjoyment. But Silver Spoon felt as if it was missing something. Something that FMA had. Not the action, it's stupid to compare Silver Spoon to FMA in that regards. But something, just something was missing in Silver Spoon that made it really boring for me. So just saying, there are people who dislike Silver Spoon for reasons other than no-action. The people you mentioned are a minority.
Apr 28, 2013 10:37 PM
Mar 2013
yhunata said:
hakazee said:
ASHBOT said:

you know why ?

FMA is one of my favorite manga, so when I started reading Silver Spoon, I expected a similar level of enjoyment. But Silver Spoon felt as if it was missing something. Something that FMA had. Not the action, it's stupid to compare Silver Spoon to FMA in that regards. But something, just something was missing in Silver Spoon that made it really boring for me. So just saying, there are people who dislike Silver Spoon for reasons other than no-action. The people you mentioned are a minority.

minority ? then you should go to mangafox forum and read what they say, or many other forum. they keep comparing Silver Spoon with FMA.

they are majority, you're in the minority.

do you read slice of life ?
and tell me how many chapter of gin no saji you read ? 10 ?
FYI actually i read 10 chapters and drop it, i feel the story is so slow and i think it's not my type.

but 3 months ago my brother keep saying that silver spoon is good and forced me to read it again.

after 30 - 40 chapters, i know this is masterpiece.

hakazeeApr 28, 2013 10:42 PM
Apr 28, 2013 10:47 PM

Jan 2008
In my experience, the Mangafox forums are full to the brim with preteen weebs, I wouldn't consider their views to be representative of anime/manga fandom as a whole.

(No offense to anyone who may frequent the Mangafox forums and DON'T fall under that label, that's just largely what I've experienced first-hand there, haha.)
Apr 28, 2013 10:48 PM

Apr 2011
hakazee said:
minority ? then you should go to mangafox forum and read what they say, or many other forum. they keep comparing Silver Spoon with FMA.

Of course they'll compare FMA to Silver Spoon. It's from the same author. Why do you think people compared Bakuman to Death Note? Same damn reason.

hakazee said:
FYI actually i read 10 chapters and drop it, i feel the story is so slow and i think it's not my type.

but 3 months ago my brother keep saying that silver spoon is good and forced me to read it again.

after 30 chapters, i know this is masterpiece.

Yes, I do read slice of life. I don't remember whether I'm currently reading one, but I've definitely read slice of life's before and I've certainly enjoyed them. For Silver Spoon, I didn't read much. Chapter 1 was all I read and it didn't pull me in at all. Bakuman is an SoL, it pulled me in within the first 10 pages. Yankee-kun to Megane-chan, 1st chapter. Aishiteruze Baby, first chapter again. Kagami no Kuni no Harisugawa, first 20 pages.

Also, just for your information, I do plan on watching Silver Spoon when it airs next season because I know that 1 chapter isn't nearly enough for me to formulate an opinion on the quality of it. If it manages to grab me, I'll read it again. If it doesn't, I'm not touching it.
Apr 28, 2013 11:01 PM
Mar 2013
Umeko said:
In my experience, the Mangafox forums are full to the brim with preteen weebs, I wouldn't consider their views to be representative of anime/manga fandom as a whole.

(No offense to anyone who may frequent the Mangafox forums and DON'T fall under that label, that's just largely what I've experienced first-hand there, haha.)

but still, that is commoner view.
it will be different with people who read many manga with different genre.

yhunata said:
hakazee said:

Of course they'll compare FMA to Silver Spoon. It's from the same author. Why do you think people compared Bakuman to Death Note? Same damn reason.

yes they say the same thing about Death note and Bakuman. i'm sure you know it.

Death note is Death note, Bakuman is Bakuman.

FMA is FMA , Silver Spoon is Silver Spoon.

yhunata said:
hakazee said:
hakazee said:

after 30 chapters, i know this is masterpiece.

Yes, I do read slice of life. I don't remember whether I'm currently reading one, but I've definitely read slice of life's before and I've certainly enjoyed them. For Silver Spoon, I didn't read much. Chapter 1 was all I read and it didn't pull me in at all. Bakuman is an SoL, it pulled me in within the first 10 pages. Yankee-kun to Megane-chan, 1st chapter. Aishiteruze Baby, first chapter again. Kagami no Kuni no Harisugawa, first 20 pages.

Also, just for your information, I do plan on watching Silver Spoon when it airs next season because I know that 1 chapter isn't nearly enough for me to formulate an opinion on the quality of it. If it manages to grab me, I'll read it again. If it doesn't, I'm not touching it.

probably you just don't click with it. my friend like Moyashimon but don't like this one.
Apr 28, 2013 11:07 PM
Apr 2009
To Love-Ru Darkness and Kuroshitsuji are still going strong. :)
Apr 28, 2013 11:16 PM

Jul 2012
SnK doing well as expected. Looking good.
My Anime Blog: http://www.Entravity.com/
Episodic overviews of the latest anime.

Apr 28, 2013 11:22 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
Stark700 said:
Silver Spoon at rank one and a recent chapter came out. I'm fucking excited for the upcoming anime now.

Yup I'm so ready for the anime!

As expected, Shingeki no Kyojin is till doing very well. Besides that, it's good to see Akatsuki no Yona, Honey Bitter, and Taiyou no Ie on the list ^^
Apr 28, 2013 11:28 PM

Nov 2012
Zhou said:
*5, 106,829 *,106,829 Nanatsu no Taizai Vol.2

It got a lot more popular since the release of volume 1 and I'm happy to see it sell so well
it deserves it.
Apr 29, 2013 12:45 AM

Mar 2011
Shingeki going stronk!
Also glad to see Yamada-kun to 7-nin.

Apr 29, 2013 2:58 AM

Jun 2011
Shingeki no Kyojin, once again dominated the list..

By the way SAO s2 when? Damn I really want to watch GGO, not fond of reading LN
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Apr 29, 2013 3:06 AM
Feb 2012
Another week full of titans trampling all over the charts. And what's that? MgRonald's employee of the month is also getting his fair share of sales.
The release of atomic energy has not created a new problem. It has merely made more urgent the necessity of solving an existing one. - Albert Einstein
Apr 29, 2013 5:43 AM
Mar 2010
tingy said:

As expected, Shingeki no Kyojin is till doing very well. Besides that, it's good to see Akatsuki no Yona, Honey Bitter, and Taiyou no Ie on the list ^^

I really want Akatsuki no Yona and Taiyou no Ie to get anime. They are such good manga.
Check out the News Club for daily rankings, discussion on future CD and BD releases, manga and novels. New members are welcome!
Apr 29, 2013 6:53 AM

Dec 2012
Shingeki no Strong. Nice to see Hataraku Maou-sama! selling too
Apr 29, 2013 7:13 AM

Apr 2009
Zhou said:
*5, 106,829 *,106,829 Nanatsu no Taizai Vol.2

It got a lot more popular since the release of volume 1 and I'm happy to see it sell so well.

I wonder how much of the "breaking sales records" is just advertisement. If it continues to sell so well an anime will air in due time. In any case, it is deserved - NnT is a refreshing fantasy series and reminds me a bit of OP and DB sometimes.

bittersweetlove said:
Now is "Shingeki no Kyojin" time to shine...and sell.

It always has been....

Umeko said:

Same could be said about MAL as well.
Steel Ball Run anime when?
Apr 29, 2013 8:55 AM

Aug 2010
Nice to see Akatsuki no Yona. I really want the chapters to be translated quicker T_T

Also I wonder why SAO vol12 is selling way more than usual. It's always end of hundred thousands but this time it surpassed 200k so easily.

Well from what I have read that has already been translated of this volume so far. It's gonna be an epic ride :)
Apr 29, 2013 1:40 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
phoenixalia said:
tingy said:

I really want Akatsuki no Yona and Taiyou no Ie to get anime. They are such good manga.

Agreed. I haven't been seeing any quality shoujo manga getting adapted recently :/
Apr 29, 2013 2:35 PM

Mar 2011
#3 for fairy tail isn't that good. It used to bust out of the gates with around 400k
Apr 29, 2013 4:13 PM

Aug 2010
Nice to see Detective Conan reaching close to 300k. Reading some good things about Sliver Spoon, makes it harder to wait for the anime now lol
Apr 29, 2013 6:53 PM

Jan 2009
Shingeki no Kyojin is doing well very good
Apr 30, 2013 12:07 AM

Jun 2012
can't believe it , all volumes of shingeki no kyojin became from the top 50 , also , the sales 4 most of it more than 1 million copy !!

D FuQ !
Apr 30, 2013 1:07 AM
Mar 2010
tingy said:

Agreed. I haven't been seeing any quality shoujo manga getting adapted recently :/

Well, the sales for shoujo anime are pretty bad so companies are scared I guess. :/
Check out the News Club for daily rankings, discussion on future CD and BD releases, manga and novels. New members are welcome!
Apr 30, 2013 2:19 AM

Sep 2012
phoenixalia said:
tingy said:

Well, the sales for shoujo anime are pretty bad so companies are scared I guess. :/

I enjoyed both Tonari no Kaibutsu kun and Sukitte Ii na Yo but the sales were terrible and atrocious for them respectively. Kamisama Hajimemashite did OK but not great. Shoujo anime just doesn't sell these days. I think Kimi ni Todoke may be the last decent selling shoujo and that was years ago, I am not sure season 3 would do well today, sadly.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.

More topics from this board

» 'Code Geass: Dakkan no Rozé' Announces Additional Cast

DatRandomDude - Apr 10

15 by RobertBobert »»
Yesterday, 1:39 AM

» 'Fruits Basket' Creator Launches New Manga

Hyperion_PS - Sep 2, 2023

20 by KeyboardBunny »»
Apr 14, 8:04 AM

» 'Kijin Gentoushou' Reveals Main Cast, Staff, Teaser Promo, Summer 2024 Premiere

DatRandomDude - Feb 22

6 by JackAward »»
Apr 13, 1:07 PM

» Voice Actress Mutsumi Tamura Announces Marriage

Hyperion_PS - Apr 1

15 by CrackedYolk »»
Apr 12, 10:50 PM

» Spring 2024 Simulcast List [Update 4/10]

Snow - Apr 5

23 by infanf »»
Apr 12, 2:32 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.