Let`s see what will happen.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Apr 28, 2013 9:13 AM

Jul 2012
Everyone should die(s)
הלב שלי כבר מת
Apr 28, 2013 9:17 AM

Oct 2012
..well been having this washed up theory that 3.0 took place in Shinji's mind and so 4.0 is the outside perspective of things...but that's rather far-fetched...that's all I got.

Voted for Epic Troll ending however.

Just this once, I'll fulfill whatever your wish is.
Apr 28, 2013 9:31 AM

Apr 2009
All of the poll options.

It also needs to include a 30 minute long piano suite, the private gay videos between Shinji and Kaworu, Anno fucking Rei and Asuka cosplayers while wearing a "MERCHANDISE RULEZ" shirt and a round of pool between a squirrel and an axolotl.
Steel Ball Run anime when?
Apr 28, 2013 9:36 AM

Oct 2012
What I think is going to happen, the boring and predictable Anno showing his contempt for the fan base by screwing over all his characters that anybody cares anything about.

What I would like to happen... actually what I'm going to do is pretend that Evangelion 2.22 was the end. Rei and Shinji cause the apocalypse and live happily forever after as a giant, energy, blood-thingy and Eva.
Let this be our little secret, no needs to know we're feeling HIGHER AND HIGHER AND HIGHER!
Apr 28, 2013 9:38 AM

Oct 2008
Here's a prediction: "There will be fanservice all the way up to the end!"
4.0 will be called - There will (Not) be fanservice.
Apr 28, 2013 9:39 AM

Oct 2012
Nidhoeggr said:
All of the poll options.

It also needs to include a 30 minute long piano suite, the private gay videos between Shinji and Kaworu, Anno fucking Rei and Asuka cosplayers while wearing a "MERCHANDISE RULEZ" shirt and a round of pool between a squirrel and an axolotl.

You sir....gah, you implanted some rather nasty thoughts in my mind I wish I could forget now :(

Apr 28, 2013 10:29 AM

Apr 2009
Don't worry, Anno will surpass your worst nightmares with 4.0.
Steel Ball Run anime when?
Apr 28, 2013 11:31 AM
Mar 2010
Nidhoeggr said:
Don't worry, Anno will surpass your worst nightmares with 4.0.

...or shinji gets his shit together and turns the world back to green land and blue oceans in the first 10 minutes of 4.0. Then the next 100 minutes is the female characters having a beach party.

Had to put some optimism here, even though I voted for troll ending.
"Everything is awesome. Fundamentally."
Apr 28, 2013 12:58 PM

Aug 2009
Somewhat hoping for a better ending. The circumstances in 3.0 were really bad and all of the characters must have been through hell already (though we didn't get the "enjoyment" of actually seeing it). So we might get bittersweet ending with some troll as side dish.
Apr 28, 2013 11:44 PM

Jul 2009
What I would like to happen... actually what I'm going to do is pretend that Evangelion 2.22 was the end. Rei and Shinji cause the apocalypse and live happily forever after as a giant, energy, blood-thingy and Eva.

My thoughts exactly.
Apr 29, 2013 4:47 AM

Nov 2012
voted for full of MF
proserpine said:

...or shinji gets his shit together and turns the world back to green land and blue oceans in the first 10 minutes of 4.0. Then the next 100 minutes is the female characters having a beach party.

You will (not) enjoy it
Apr 29, 2013 9:42 AM
Dec 2012
going for Evangelion: 4.0 You Are (Not) Trolled
Apr 30, 2013 2:24 AM

Dec 2011
My predictions for 4.0/Final:

Sorry for my bad English.
Apr 30, 2013 2:23 PM

Aug 2009
Some suggestions for the title
You Will (Not) Return
This Is (Not) The End

and my personal favourite:
This Is (Not) A Drill
May 4, 2013 12:58 AM

Jul 2012
This is Anno here, common, what do you thinks gona happen?

If you really want to fit in, just put Legend of the Galactic Heroes in your top 5 and have it be the only 10-rated anime in your list.
May 4, 2013 8:53 PM

Nov 2007
Off the top of my head:

- Mari is somehow old as fuck. She's been around since the development of EVA began, and she was friends with Yui. MAYBE she's Asuka's mom, but that's waaaay too far fetched even for the master Troll Anno.

- The pilots (the children bound by fate) will take the tools for the final impact for themselves and choose the fate of the world.

- Fuyutsuki will sit for forty minutes staring towards the camera and explain everything to the audience. [/wishful thinking]

- Lotsa people will die. For teh lulz.

- Teh Rei, the real one that Shinji saved, will come back. I'm guessing her soul is still lost withing Eva-01, and when the Wunder picks up the three stranded pilots, the empty Rei vessel will somehow be invaded by her soul. This is speculation at it's weirdest, but the fact remains: Kaworu did mention her soul was elsewhere.

- Shinji will walk in to Gendou having an orgy with a bunch of Rei clones, and Gendou-san will be all like "Chigau yo!" with kawaii sparkling in his eyes.

- Misato will be over her power-trip and actually explain stuff to Shinji.

- Pen Pen will become the final angel, and must be defeated using a progressive mackerel.

- Asuka will walk in on Shinji wanking and be all like "DIFFERENT CONTINUITY BAKA GAKI SHINJI" and he'll be all like "STFU BISH BEFORE I TRY TO END THE WORLD A THIRD TIME".

- Yui will make some sort of appearance.

- Some seriously weird crap will happen between Mari and Asuka. I mean, EVA 02+08? And the weirdest part is: it does not have a double entry system.

- Ibuki will undergo a sex change operation, but things will not go according to plan and she'll end up with a huge black wiener. Then she and Shinji will ask Suzuhara's little sis if she wants to try their double entry system.

- Shinji will become tired of cellos and pianos, and finally move on to wood pipes. I'm sure we'll see him playing the clarinet.

- Ritsuko will go on fighting her cancer, and the remaining hair on her head will fall off.

- We'll finally understand the difference between Seele's and Gendou's plans.

- I'm pretty sure that, after being used by NERV, Shinji will come to see his father as a manipulative bitch and join Wille, fuelling the organization with his angst.

- Utada Hikaru will provide a new single for the soundtrack, entitled "Get in the fucking robot Shinji".

- Kensuke will be found living in the woods, oblivious to recent events.

- Mari's boobs will continue to grow at an alarming rate. She will demand a wider entry plug, otherwise they won't fit.

- Eva 02 will reveal an additional operating mode, in which it transforms into a huge kangaroo.

- The movie tickets will have the number of an emergency counselling hotline printed on them, to help traumatized movie-goers endure the troll levels.

- I will probably be old enough to retire by the time the BD comes out.
DeimosFormidoMay 4, 2013 9:02 PM

I wish to be moved. I cannot feel in life.
May 4, 2013 9:01 PM

Nov 2012
4.0: You (Totally) Saw This Coming.

The biggest trolling in anime history.

May 6, 2013 2:13 AM

Aug 2010
There is only one thing I'm sure that will happen.

OMEDETO.

That is all.

NickyCharisma said:
Evangelion 2.22 was the end. Rei and Shinji cause the apocalypse and live happily forever after as a giant, energy, blood-thingy and Eva.

I guess I'll settle for this as my personal canon too.
May 6, 2013 2:18 AM
Dec 2009
Shinji will die
May 6, 2013 2:21 AM

Dec 2011
shinji ikari will destroy the world agian. LOLOLOL
May 6, 2013 2:41 AM

Jan 2013
Asking evangelion to have a happy ending is just out of context
May 6, 2013 2:00 PM

Feb 2012
All I'm asking is for Anno to ship ShinjiXKaworu again plz
May 7, 2013 9:20 PM
Dec 2012
I feel many people missed a large question involving the end of 3.3; that is, where does this leave us? Kaworu is gone - the Angels no longer exist to cause the final impact. Which leaves Gendo / NERV and the WILLE team. So...

First parts are basic dialogue exposition about the events that happened in the time-skip via a collaboration between the main protagonist cast (Shinji, Asuka, Rei, Misato and WILLE) that explains to Shinji the events during the time skip, why he was sent to space, explanation for the EVA Curse and WILLE's view of Gendo / NERV's intentions with the final impact. Scattered throughout, or possibly (hopefully) once, involve a play on NERV's part to advance their plans (whatever they may be at this point). At which point the team gets together in classic shonen style to defeat the big bad guy and expose the operation for what it was - a play at catastrophe (for whatever selfish Gendo reason).

Some speculative questions... where is that second spear of Kaworu's? Was what he said true about the two spears combined ability to 'save the world'? How can the final impact happen exactly?

Voted for happy-ish ending. I'm not sure if anyone will die necessarily. I think a possible scene of which to end the rebuilds is Shinji wakes up in the hospital bed with everyone around him, symbolically stating that though nothing is changed, he has, with his final decision, saved everyone he loves.

Took me 5 minutes to write that garbage, but that's what I've got! L. O. L. :D
May 7, 2013 11:27 PM

Jul 2009
You Are (Not) Alive
You Must (Not) Live
You Will (Not) Survive

Or something along those lines. I really hope 4.0 will do Rebuild some justice and give it a tragic ending with a slight shimmer of hope. That said, while I'd love to predict an ending similar to "End of Evangelion," considering that Rebuild 3.0 gave us a dramatically different storyline, I may have to predict somewhat of a troll/happy ending. I mean, hey, it's a new era of anime, right? Chances are, Anno must have caught something moe.

Also not sure if I'm rooting for Shinji x Rei (which doesn't seem likely anymore considering 3.0) or Shinji x Asuka, but I guess either would be fine. :)
May 7, 2013 11:30 PM

May 2012
Mind rape
Sword in hand, a warrior clutches stone to breast. In sword etched he his fading memories In stone, his tempered skill By sword attested, by stone revealed. Their tale can now be told
May 8, 2013 2:36 AM

Nov 2007
Billbillstar said:
I feel many people missed a large question involving the end of 3.3; that is, where does this leave us? Kaworu is gone - the Angels no longer exist to cause the final impact. Which leaves Gendo / NERV and the WILLE team. So...

The remaining pilots are angels.

Check Asuka's line just before she jumps off the entry plug in the last scene of the movie.

Also, check the glyphs on her eyepatch during the "triple seven" combat sequence vs 09.

Also check Kaworu's line just after he removes the DSS choker from Shinji.

It all points towards the pilots being angels. At the very least, they are no longer human, considering they ever were.

By the way, did anyone else come to presume that Mari has somehow been alive for way longer than the other pilots? She refers to commander Ikari as "Gendou-kun" during the central dogma battle, and tells Rei III that her original was much friendlier (she uses the term "original", not "previous version" or anything of the sort, which means she knew Yui). Not to mention the obvious fact that she somehow knows basically everything concerning organizations, people's plans, impact rituals, details of Evangelion design, etc.

The glasses wearing woman in the picture Fuyutsuki handed Shinji is Mari, somehow.

I wish to be moved. I cannot feel in life.
May 8, 2013 3:35 AM

Oct 2012
Anno will close up all loose ends and it will have complete closure that will please 100% of the fanbase. Really, I promise guys, AND it won't even have to use a passionate sex scene between Rei and Asuka to do it either!

Also, been reading all the posts with this in my head.
ShrabsterMay 8, 2013 4:05 AM

May 11, 2013 11:19 PM
Sep 2012
Happier ending is a possibility considering that Anno is no longer a depressed individual unsure of his future.

Shinj is Anno is Shinji.
May 12, 2013 10:12 AM

Apr 2011
Prediction? What prediction? I bet the fourth movie will jump up to 20 years or so.
May 13, 2013 10:10 PM

Aug 2008
I'm going to guess that movie 4 is going to be about Shinji accepting who he is as a person (considering he's going to be in a withdrawn state for probably the majority of the movie). Shinji at the current, feels that without EVA he is worthless, and since piloting EVA has only lead him to more harm than good at this point he probably will be in a state of self denial.

I believe it will end on a (reasonably) happy note.

Prediction title: You can (not) reject, hah.
May 17, 2013 5:19 PM

Nov 2012
A happy ending would be a total cop out.
May 18, 2013 1:19 AM

Nov 2011
No matter what the ending turns out to be, happy or sad, as long as it's good it will be good. If it's not then I'd just think of 2.0 as the real ending where the world ended, and Rei x Shinji being together as one being, that would be much better.
May 18, 2013 1:23 AM

Sep 2012
DeimosFormido said:
Off the top of my head:

- Mari is somehow old as fuck. She's been around since the development of EVA began, and she was friends with Yui. MAYBE she's Asuka's mom, but that's waaaay too far fetched even for the master Troll Anno.

- The pilots (the children bound by fate) will take the tools for the final impact for themselves and choose the fate of the world.

- Fuyutsuki will sit for forty minutes staring towards the camera and explain everything to the audience. [/wishful thinking]

- Teh Rei, the real one that Shinji saved, will come back. I'm guessing her soul is still lost withing Eva-01, and when the Wunder picks up the three stranded pilots, the empty Rei vessel will somehow be invaded by her soul. This is speculation at it's weirdest, but the fact remains: Kaworu did mention her soul was elsewhere.

- Shinji will walk in to Gendou having an orgy with a bunch of Rei clones, and Gendou-san will be all like "Chigau yo!" with kawaii sparkling in his eyes.

- Pen Pen will become the final angel, and must be defeated using a progressive mackerel.

- Asuka will walk in on Shinji wanking and be all like "DIFFERENT CONTINUITY BAKA GAKI SHINJI" and he'll be all like "STFU BISH BEFORE I TRY TO END THE WORLD A THIRD TIME".

- Some seriously weird crap will happen between Mari and Asuka. I mean, EVA 02+08? And the weirdest part is: it does not have a double entry system.

- Ibuki will undergo a sex change operation, but things will not go according to plan and she'll end up with a huge black wiener. Then she and Shinji will ask Suzuhara's little sis if she wants to try their double entry system.

- Shinji will become tired of cellos and pianos, and finally move on to wood pipes. I'm sure we'll see him playing the clarinet.

- Ritsuko will go on fighting her cancer, and the remaining hair on her head will fall off.

- I'm pretty sure that, after being used by NERV, Shinji will come to see his father as a manipulative bitch and join Wille, fuelling the organization with his angst.

- Utada Hikaru will provide a new single for the soundtrack, entitled "Get in the fucking robot Shinji".

- Mari's boobs will continue to grow at an alarming rate. She will demand a wider entry plug, otherwise they won't fit.

- Eva 02 will reveal an additional operating mode, in which it transforms into a huge kangaroo.

- The movie tickets will have the number of an emergency counselling hotline printed on them, to help traumatized movie-goers endure the troll levels.

lol, you should write 4.0
May 19, 2013 4:12 AM

Aug 2012
I think there will be a lot of battle in eva 4.0, i really look forward for final movie of rebuild evangelion
May 23, 2013 11:25 AM

Jul 2012
Well, I'm hoping Anno goes along the route that EoE went, in which the movie will be full of mind fucks and everyone dies. This would be my ideal end for the Rebuild series and since 3.0 did have some Shinji mind fuck, I think there's a definite possibility 4.0 will have even more, but maybe that's just me wishing desperately.

As for the happy ending and troll ending, to me they're both the same. It's just not Evangelion if everyone lives happily ever after. Someone also brought up the idea the 3.0 was all in Shinji's mind; also something I thought of as a possibility, seeing as the last episodes of the tv series did this. I have mixed feelings on whether or not I like this idea, but it could lead to more mind fuck (a plus in my opinion) and it would also explain why Shinji suddenly became so good at playing piano (because when I sat down at the piano for the first time, I also magically knew what to play without sheet music).

So many ways 4.0 can go... Please no happy (troll) end.
Wecc said:
All Hail HaXXspetten King of the Loli Traps!

May 24, 2013 8:05 PM

Nov 2012
Capricious_Smile said:
DeimosFormido said:
Off the top of my head:

lol, you should write 4.0

agreed
and if 4.0 is the same as EoE ,dont forget to play this
Jun 2, 2013 8:50 AM
May 2013
Epic troll ending of course
Jun 2, 2013 8:52 AM

Jan 2013
No I hate all of it...
Please learn about cel animation and its technical process.
Learn how special effects and backlighting were done without computers.

Jun 2, 2013 1:39 PM
May 2013
?
Jun 16, 2013 3:16 PM

Jun 2012
Actually it's a rebuild.
So it'd be stupid if it doesn't end up like something as End of Evangelion.
Jun 16, 2013 3:22 PM

Oct 2012
Sairyuu69 said:
Actually it's a rebuild.

Yeah but....
Anno's a troll.

Jun 16, 2013 3:25 PM

Aug 2012
While option 2 is a high possibility.....

maybe
Jun 16, 2013 9:42 PM

Jun 2012
Tavor said:
Sairyuu69 said:
Actually it's a rebuild.

Yeah but....
Anno's a troll.

He hasn't been a big troll from now on. Especially about Evangelion.
Jun 16, 2013 9:48 PM

Oct 2012
Sairyuu69 said:
Tavor said:
Sairyuu69 said:
Actually it's a rebuild.

Yeah but....
Anno's a troll.

He hasn't been a big troll from now on. Especially about Evangelion.

>Throws in EoE references into 1.11 & 2.22 (kind of 3.33) to make fans think Rebuilds are a sequel
>Introduces Mari for intentional fan service bait for fans to hate
>Asuka gets killed off in 2.22 too early
>3.33 gets a time skip, everyone besides Shinji/Kaworu are characters that most hate on now due to them being very cold/quiet (in other words, if you disliked Shinji in NGE, I'm going to show you how I can make you hate on everyone else!)

Anno's toying with us man, and enjoying it (though I find it amusing to say the least).

Jun 16, 2013 9:52 PM

Jan 2013
Actually Q was the only episode that I didn't get annoyed by Shinji.
日本人はイッちゃってるよ
あいつら未来に生きてんな
Jun 16, 2013 9:53 PM

Oct 2012
DawnJ said:
Actually Q was the only episode that I didn't get annoyed by Shinji.

This is exactly what I mean.

Jun 18, 2013 9:17 AM

Jun 2012
DeimosFormido said:
Off the top of my head:

If you don't know the differences, you haven't even searched a bit. It's pretty obvious.
Jun 18, 2013 6:56 PM

May 2013
well realisticly its probably gonna end up with a bunch of mindfucks and a troll ending.. i wonder if they will ever have shinji stop being a total puss...probs not
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.
- Albert Einstein (1879-1955)
Jun 19, 2013 8:52 AM

Feb 2013
Evangelion 4.0: Your drill will (not) pierce the heavens
Evangelion 4.0: Shinji will (not) get laid

I don't care too much what happens at this point so long as Anno delivers the fan service and pen-pen gets more screen time
Now being incompetent – that’s what’s best, really. To be completely obtuse. To be so oblivious as to never think for a second about one’s purpose in life, to never think about the meaning of life, to never think about the value of life. Then this world would be paradise. Calm, peaceful, and serene. Trivial things would be major, and major things trivial, and life could be lived to its fullest.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Evangelion: 3.0+1.0 Thrice Upon a Time Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

S0UVIK - Aug 12, 2021

326 by Ten »»
Apr 8, 4:57 PM

Poll: » time loop or multiverse?

deg - Mar 19

11 by Bkm1995 »»
Mar 20, 9:16 PM

» Shinji's Jersey from EVA STORE

hohofish - Apr 15, 2021

1 by 1016jersey »»
Mar 15, 12:03 PM

» Shin Evangelion Movie: II???? Why change the title now?

Cestlavie_ - Nov 25, 2023

10 by Lucifrost »»
Feb 6, 8:40 AM

» Employee recruitment for the production of 3.0+1.0.

zacky1312 - May 23, 2018

2 by simeji8043 »»
Jan 22, 1:02 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.