Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »
Aug 7, 2011 4:18 PM

Mar 2011
RedMage23 said:
That ending was incredibly mediocre. The show started as an 8/10 and ended a 6/10, so I'm giving it a 7/10.

I really only watched the show because Steins;Gate is my favorite anime, so naturally I was drawn to anything related to it. I wouldn't really recommend this to anyone unless they were specifically looking for something like it.
i have to agree, it lost some quality mid/end, it changed from mystery to kinda low quality action, but still a good anime.
i think both are kinda similar on mystery style. but just it.
Aug 14, 2011 8:34 PM

May 2010
I don't know about people. I swear to god I watch one anime and think "this is decent" and everyone else says it sucks (like this one). Then I watch another anime and think "this is decent" and everyone else says it's the best shit ever (like FMA). In the end, for me it's another 6 or 7. There really was quite a lot to enjoy about this one, it wasn't high art but it was pretty damn entertaining regardless. I do agree the latter half didn't live up to the first half, but I actually liked these last two episodes a lot, cliches be damned. The paradise/harem delusion actually kind of reminded me of Evangelion, I wonder if that's where they got that idea?
“Money can't buy dere”
Aug 20, 2011 1:00 PM

Jan 2010
Oh god, its so bad 3/10.
Sorry for my bad english ;c
Aug 24, 2011 2:20 PM

Sep 2010
well I read some comments here and i was like wtf!? things like good ending if taku died..... why is it a good ending then? I would be sad if he died. But the anime itself i gave it a 9, didn't ever played the game, so i can't compare.
Still this anime had something... it kept me intrested and wanted to watch more and more and more :3.

the only thing i don't get is if this a good ending yes or no.... i assume it's a yes, cuz he and rimi kissed, but then they are holding hands and it ends....-.- euhm does that mean they are together?!:s

EDIT: if i have to believe the character description of MAL then it's a good ending.
"After the final battle between the Giglomaniacs and Noah II, Rimi kisses Taku before she prepares to kill him, however after iterating his desire to live she spares him. The show ends with Rimi and Taku confessing their love for each other, and with the rest of the Giglomaniacs, repairing the city from the previous battle."
imo that was my first thought, but still I couldn't be sure until now!:D
Sep 2, 2011 1:32 AM

Jul 2011
I think it's quite good ending...

After probably 6-7 episodes, the anime turned to have strongly "happy end", so I was prepared for the ending like this..

And yes, I'm also satisfied with Taku and Rimi's relationship development, it seems very natural to me :)

So, in all my final score is 8/10..
Good job!

nick_el_sonSep 2, 2011 4:42 AM
Sep 17, 2011 5:26 PM
Jul 2009
I think that the first half of the series was pretty interesting with all his delusions and that you didn't really know what was going on with the murders an such. But it wasn't THAT good, and then it took a turn and became something completely else - not for the better. All murders were forgotten and a bad guy and big conspiracy was introduced to the anime with only a few episodes left. Then they rushed through it and wrapped it up.

I give it a 4 or 5. It was a bit entertaining, but the story was so butchered that much that had happened in the end felt pretty pointless.
Sep 25, 2011 8:46 PM

Apr 2011
I also think people are judging this one too harshly, it's nowhere near the mastery of Steins;Gate but it was a pretty good effort nonetheless. I think if they had two cours to develop the characters more they wouldn't have come off so flat, but then we'd probably wind up with filler-tastic festival and beach episodes and other such 'development opportunities'.

Was I the only one who found the hero dying in slow, terrible pain as a spike gets rammed up his ass a wee bit disturbing? Maybe everyone who hated the guy was enjoying it, but that really freaked me out a bit. Especially when he 'dies' and the intestine-covered spike comes out his mouth.

I kinda liked the 'black snake' power-up, though there wasn't much build-up to it previously. If he talked about his black serpent power in his MMO or something it would've been cooler.

I give it a 8/10, some nice concepts, decent art and a harem to be admired. Am I the only one who wants to see some wincest with the cute imouto? Pity Seira-tan never joined the harem, since the harem's what replaced her ...
Nov 8, 2011 2:24 PM

Feb 2010
I actually enjoyed this anime quite a bit since I haven't played the game, mostly because of the starting episodes though since after that it went downhill.
Sheepshaman.png
Dec 19, 2011 7:31 PM

Sep 2009
Sigh....they just HAD to shove "love" into this anime
This whole series seemed like it was having mood swings
Was there any major point to the murders in the very beginning???
I thought that the whole concept of “Those eyes…whose are they?” would be tied into the end….but they kind of let the whole thing go by the end
Taki’s character development was….well….odd…to say the least
His whole character was annoying to me….but at least he grew some balls in the last two episodes
Also….why is Taki’s sister a giga-whatever???
There was NO explanation or reason for her to have a Di-sward…
Every other character had a reason and we got an explanation…
Taki annoyed me till the end though…he was a wuss from the start and the “courageous” act at the end didn’t really redeem him.
I still think that they should of left love out of this anime…it’s just….out of place =_=
Jan 10, 2012 11:30 PM

Dec 2011
this anime is shit i am disappointed good thing steins;gate didn't follow this shitty tradition thank you
The object of war is not to die for your country, but to make the other bastard die for his.
Mar 25, 2012 5:20 PM

Nov 2011
Although not as good as Steins; Gate, this anime still has its interesting points tbh
Apr 2, 2012 8:32 PM
Jul 2018
Well, that was dreadful. 1/10, that's the best I can do.
Apr 5, 2012 8:48 PM
Oct 2011
Oh god what the hell did I just watch? I have no idea how the game is, but this was the first time I truly felt like I wasted my time watching an anime in years.

The main character is just horrible, really, not funny horrible, just plain boring horrible, I realize there are several "bad main characters" out there but they often have a redeeming feature and even when they don't, they are at least funny, this guy was weak, cowardly, a little perverted but in a disgusting way, stupid (worst example, his reaction to her sister's calls), his first instinct was to run away from every possible situation, and on top of that he was batshit crazy, which could have been used to his favor if it was done like in soul eater, but they managed to fuck up even madness.

Then there are the other characters, but having quite a few of them in a 12 eps series that didn't even try to develop any of them made them all feel like parts of a lifeless scenario.

Sigh, not gonna write a review of this so I'll end it here, but honestly I can't recommend this to anyone.

Edit: Yes, Takumi just went Full;Retard
VoidianApr 6, 2012 6:26 AM
Apr 12, 2012 2:56 AM

Oct 2011
i'm kinda dissapointed, it was good at first but then... anyway, still worthwhile for me.
Nope.
Apr 21, 2012 7:19 PM
Jul 2011
Chaos;head wasn't THAT bad imo. I felt that the last episode was a bit rushed and I was like "WTF!?" but overall the anime wasn't the worst I've seen... >.>
May 16, 2012 9:28 PM
Nov 2011
First half of the series was pretty good, but the second half got too convoluted and at times I couldn't keep up.
May 22, 2012 3:51 PM

Dec 2010
Man that stake in is ass made me cringe. The sound of it all as you see his shadow slowly sliding down -_-
May 22, 2012 5:24 PM

May 2012
An absolute train-wreck after the third episode... so far the worst anime I've been willing to finish.
May 24, 2012 8:02 AM

May 2012
LOL I cant believe that I'm the only that actually enjoyed this anime. I've watched it over 3 times since it came out and I still love it. I love the mind-fked aspect of the anime and I'm really glad that the anime had a happy ending cause I was sure that Taku was gonna die at the end. Anyway I loved it and gave it a 9/10 XD
May 31, 2012 2:35 PM

Mar 2011
It put me to sleep.
Jul 26, 2012 12:33 PM

Apr 2009
The first two episodes were quite good, but the way they slipped into the sci-fi & the other things with very little explanations made everything too complicated. I heard this anime was based off a VN, and plan on playing that someday. It's probably better.

I thought it was average anime series, although I really had to make myself watch the last episode.
Sep 3, 2012 6:14 PM
Aug 2011
The show was average, very good start. Rushed confused finish with a decent end. I think it gets a worse wrap than it deserves. Definitely if you watch it after Steins;Gate. I think people should try to view it as a separate entity completely. I understand it's hard to do as they are linked in a very small way.

Average, but entertaining. 7/10
Sep 8, 2012 1:44 PM

Sep 2009
The f**k did I just watch? In the end, I give it a 6/10. The beginning was really intriguing and interesting, and I felt myself relating to Takumi being a hikkikomori otaku who spends most of the time playing MMO's and watching anime and all =) I wish schools in America let students skip that much without being expelled or having the police called T_____T; I originally planned to play the game before watching the anime, but I couldn't get it to work, so I gave up and watched the anime. Now, after finishing the anime and hearing that the game is 10x more epic, I must play the game! o____o I will try a different torrent this time.

Overall, the anime by itself wasn't too bad, I think. I may rewatch it one day in the far future.
Sep 22, 2012 5:03 PM

May 2012
Quite a nice ending of this Anime, where we first started we now ended, the global plot of this Anime was quite interesting, I merely started watching this Anime because of Stein;Gate said this was an alternative setting, don't really get why they would put it up as alternative setting as it has no resemblance at all or am I getting the term wrong.

Either way this 12 episoded Anime was quite nice, I've finished this in one run and it was really something nice t o see and watch, the main plot is mostly in every episode present and there is enough back story that I like in Anime.

In general a great anime 9/10
Sep 25, 2012 2:07 PM

Sep 2008
And so it ends, leaving me a bit unsatisfied. Even though, the series had a quite interesting plot, some of the characters were good as well plus the music made it a good experience.

The ending was too shounen-ish for my taste, but the return to the scene where Rimi is close to kill Taku was really good. The overall 'mind fuck' mood during the episode made it really entertaining.

As I liked the series, I give it an overall 7/10. It lacked consistent plot, some of the characters were of the more generic kind and the foundation of the whole project seemed too unexplaineed.
On the other hand, the plot wasn't rushed all that much, the music was well-suiting the events in the anime and the rest of the characters had some interesting backgrounds. I especially liked Sena and Kishimoto.

Steins;Gate is a masterpiece and I didn't expect Chaos;Head to overthrow it, but I had some fun watching the series.
Oct 17, 2012 4:46 PM
Lilium Gardener

Jul 2011
So many comments saying people hated or disliked it. Why did everyone want a bad ending? I liked this series a lot and enjoyed the ending as well. 8/10 from me!
Oct 30, 2012 1:36 AM

Oct 2012
Gradation said:
SilentPredator03 said:
After Taku being such a wimp for 90% of the series, it was really hard watching him play the hero. I never bought into it. It may have worked if they built up to it with a gradual change.

The relatively upbeat ending felt incredibly out of place for the tone the series set early on. Overall, there were a lot of good ideas here, but I felt the execution was poor. I'll agree with rarri - the first six episodes were good, but after that notsomuch.
I couldn't have said it better myself.

I agree his hero mode was really rushed, but it was good everything just clicked for him and it made sense in that last 2 episodes about his entire existence, when 10 episodes before that he was the complete opposite.

Honestly, I really enjoyed this Anime I don't know why, it was a good happy ending, I like happy endings !
Nov 4, 2012 7:30 PM

Oct 2012
This anime made me think a whole lot! It wasn't very much of a thriller but it was sure as heck amusing! 8/10
Nov 12, 2012 11:14 PM

Oct 2011
This anime made me appreciate the visual novel a lot more. There was absolutely no horror in this anime, which was one the visual novel's strongest points.

And they didn't even animate my favorite green delusion with Rimi in the store...
Nov 17, 2012 12:51 AM

Jun 2012
Well that episode felt really fast-paced. The last few episode seemed really strange and very dumb with such absurd delusions. The last battle was alright, it was nice to use psychology as a weapon. Once Takumi awoken, it was all over.
3/5.
As for the series, I liked it less and less as it progressed, even though it got progressively more interesting. It could be that it's such a strange series, almost like a serious series with magic involved, but this time they have giant swords that are actually only delusions. I also found the characters lacking depth, with quick stories or flashbacks that attempt to make some importance of the character. I also didn't like Takumi at all, he's so weak-willed, selfish, and hopeless. Just about the only thing I liked was the use of delusions and psychology as a device or weapon. I also did like that he was an otaku who lived in a freight container, only caring about playing his video game and watching anime.

Nov 27, 2012 9:20 AM

Nov 2012
this last episode was one big old hot mess. but to be honest, i sort of expected it to be a mess considering the dreadful pacing of the episodes beforehand, as well as some of the darker elements of the earlier episodes being sloughed off in favour of this "power of friendship" crap towards the end.

but, hey, at least it was a hot old mess i enjoyed the whole time. the pacing was awful, the direction was equally as awful and the ending made it look as if the writers had just given up at this point, but i loved every goddamn second of it.

sort of. i think.

edit: i retract the above. in retrospect, its awfulness had yet to truly sink in when i wrote this. it has now.
r00kier00kieMay 4, 2013 1:33 PM
Nov 27, 2012 10:03 AM

Nov 2012
First 6 or 7 episodes were ok, the last ones not really. Specially, from the part that it is shown that Takumi doesn't really exist and is only a creation of Shogun.
Also, the ending gave me a kind of bittersweet feeling. Who does Rimi really loves the true Taku "Shogun" or Takumi. Depending on that, I think Takumi dying at the end would have been better.
Dec 4, 2012 11:04 AM

Sep 2012
I dont know why so bad rated :S

I love the Characters, the Feeling when i watched the Series, the Story and the Complexitivity of Explanation of Events.

And i do so often think about: What is Reality?

I love then whole Series with CH, SG and RN. I hope that maybe an Anime comes out where all the Stories come together.

Dec 25, 2012 4:54 PM
Sep 2012
5/10
I really never got attached to any of the characters and I feel that this anime should have been longer.
Jan 18, 2013 9:11 AM

Jan 2012
The ending wasn't the way I expected. Still, the show was really interesting and enjoyable.

Feb 27, 2013 5:50 PM

Jan 2013
6/10
Jul 15, 2013 5:18 AM

Jun 2010
For me, this show started out strong then turned average. If I ever want to watch it again I'll just watch Mirai Nikki.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 27, 2013 8:59 PM

Mar 2012
5/10

At first this anime was pretty interesting with the murder, mystery and delusions worth about a 7/10 but then around the introduction of the Di-sword it went downhill.
Sep 8, 2013 1:14 AM

Jul 2008
This got wrapped up way too quickly with a bow. All worked out in the end. I think with the complexities they tried to introduce and use as the theme, it needed a far more complicated ending.

This was too clean and easy so 5/10
Sep 18, 2013 6:10 AM
May 2013
I like the idea of the story, what is an illusion and what isn't, I like the MC because he was different. I gave this anime a higher rate because it had an "super special" ending, also I don't have any reasons to be mad because I don't know the difference between VN and anime. Maybe I will play the VN and enjoy it more since I've heard VN>anime.
Sep 22, 2013 7:08 PM

Jun 2012
This was just a giant clusterfuck. I hated takumi with a passion, he was so bad I actually cringed a few times, and his voice actor is god awful.

2/10
Sep 30, 2013 2:53 AM
Jul 2012
Great anime.9/10. I actually liked Takumi's voice actor, it matched his personality well, and the anime kept making me watch more. Especially episodes 9 and 10, those really got me wondering what would happen next.
Oct 9, 2013 3:39 AM

Apr 2013
Well I don't get why did it get so bad reviews, I found it to be very nice and always be on the verge and think is this true or dellusion....very good anime and a nice ending 8/10 for me
A Story will always come to it's end. The thing is, will you move on after it's over?
Oct 21, 2013 9:04 PM

Feb 2010
Why in the world are people saying this is bad? What in the world O-O
I loved it!!! Like a lot...wow people are just weird.
I did for sure like the beginning better than the last few episodes but it was really good.
Im giving it a 8/10
Very enjoyable.
FOLLOW MY SOCIAL MEDIA IF YOU LIKE COSPLAY ADN ANIME RELATED VIDEOS!
https://www.youtube.com/user/LadyMeilin
https://www.facebook.com/Ladymeilin
Nov 5, 2013 6:53 PM

Nov 2012
Takumi defeat Norose,saved the world and got the girl.

Dat kiss.

Some snake type shit attack,blah blah.

Delusions,fixed everything.

Started off good,around 7/10 but went to shit and end as a 4/10.This anime cause me so many headaches glad it's finally over.

Now time to start a real masterpiece Steins;Gate!!!
Nov 18, 2013 8:46 PM

Oct 2010
This anime had it's 9/10 moments, it's 6/10 moments and it's 10/10 moments. Overall, since I have not played the game yet, I have to say this anime was pretty interesting and enjoyable for the most part. It appears that the anime didn't follow the game's atmosphere, and that would be a giant factor, to decrease my score but I will give this show a 8/10.
I might play this game with a walkthrough just to see how amazing everything was supposed to be.

Now, I'm off to see Steins;Gate!
Mar 13, 2014 1:22 AM
Jul 2011
Haven't watched this in over 2 years but was just thinking about it today, I thought I commented in this thread before but I guess not, anyways, I truly enjoyed the first half of the series when you didn't really know what was going on but around the time Di-sword element came into place the series shifted from psychologically/horror to more shounen/friendship powered action based the quality dropped big time.

Series had a lot of potential so it's from the beginning so it's still a 6-7ish at best even though it's a waste of time in the end if you try to take the ending seriously.
Mar 18, 2014 12:57 PM

Mar 2014
6/10
Apr 1, 2014 5:26 AM

Aug 2013
Seriously ... I don't know why you people hating this show so much.

For example the worst show I'v seen, which had no sense at all :
http://myanimelist.net/anime/21085/Witch_Craft_Works - has 7,5 score.

Almost every "neverending stories" like Naruto/One Piece/etc - which are piece of shit - has scores over 7,5

Many generic harem-based series for teenagers has scores over 7,5

I don't really understand this situation.

There is a genre change around ~7-8 episode, but it is that bad?? It was still very enjoyable!

Happy ending? Whether all endings have to be tragic in order to be marked as 'good' serie?

My rate:
8/10
rsc-plApr 1, 2014 5:34 AM
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Apr 1, 2014 6:27 AM

Jun 2013
Wow such a great episode! We get a happy ending with Takumi and Rimi. The ending was kind of a cliff hanger but whatever. I give this anime a 7/10. Can't believe it took me since February to finish this anime. Oh well. Onto Robotics;Notes!
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »

More topics from this board

» Friendly reminder the anime is an absolute embarrassment and the visual novel is legitimately up there with steins gate

Fischer77 - Mar 22, 2023

19 by LoveLikeBlood »»
Jan 14, 12:34 AM

» I. Hate. The. Main. Character. ( 1 2 )

SY_IS_DEAD_IRL - Oct 22, 2008

66 by SciADV_Maniac »»
Mar 10, 2023 4:08 PM

Poll: » ChäoS;HEAd Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

DeadIEnd - Nov 20, 2008

118 by SciADV_Maniac »»
Mar 10, 2023 4:04 PM

Poll: » ChäoS;HEAd Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

removed-user - Dec 11, 2008

97 by Netbug »»
Mar 10, 2023 2:16 PM

Poll: » ChäoS;HEAd Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

DeadIEnd - Nov 27, 2008

113 by Netbug »»
Mar 10, 2023 12:40 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.