Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »
Feb 4, 2009 10:07 PM

Sep 2007
What was that?! Good ending, bad ending? @_@ I did have this at a 5/10, but the last couple eps made me lower it to 4/10.

Btw, Takumi has to be one of the worst characters ever. His paranoid monologues made me wish he would die...or at least shut up for a few minutes.
Nek0Feb 4, 2009 10:14 PM

Feb 5, 2009 1:51 PM

Jan 2009
Takumi is awesome character in my opinion at least in the last few episodes he gains some redeeming qualities i.e. finally grasping human emotions and generally acting extremely cool.

Plus his harem delusion during the torture was hilarious and his sudden ascension into "god mode" wiith the mythological, scientific anti-matter snake was funny to watch.

But meh even as a manic depressive he was a decent character, he made you uncomfortable about watching the anime, its like wth, maybe Takumi is just a bad ass psycho killer.

I only wanted more Sena Aoi goodness in final episode or a epilogue. I like how the directors try to incorporate all 3 endings from the VN into the ending but I know all VN players will say CH fails but meh I enjoy it a ton.

I would say its a good ending, he gets the girl and everyone keeps the will to think for themself.
Feb 12, 2009 8:26 AM
Jan 2009
for me it's ok.. no prob with the ending at all...

btw in VN, there is a 3 possible endings right?
it is good or a bad ending?

oh..and one more i think..
is there a season 2 of the anime or atleast an OVA?

hahaha!
Feb 12, 2009 8:40 AM

Jun 2008
^ this was the good ending
Apr 28, 2009 7:29 PM
Feb 2008
Meh. Series became predictable around ep 6
Apr 29, 2009 6:54 AM

Sep 2008
MiKu214 said:
What was that?! Good ending, bad ending? @_@ I did have this at a 5/10, but the last couple eps made me lower it to 4/10.

Btw, Takumi has to be one of the worst characters ever. His paranoid monologues made me wish he would die...or at least shut up for a few minutes.

And I was afraid thinking if I'm the only one had a hard time watching this anime because of characters, theme and drawing. Thanks god we think the same way. :D

12. episode has only one reason to be good; It was the last episode of anime, it ended! YAY!
May 1, 2009 7:30 PM

Dec 2008
I really enjoyed this series. Takumi is awesome ;p. I liked how insecure he was and how he'd freak out thinking he was going to die. So amusing. It was so enjoyable to see him start to fall for Rimi too <3. The one thing I disliked... the ending song D:(Doubt I need to say more about that..).

Overall I give this a 7/10

Sad it's the end.. ;_;

May 3, 2009 3:52 PM

Aug 2008
Just finished up on this one. Takumi got a bit annoying a part way through, but his inner monologues grew on me. I was kinda reminded of Shinji from EVA. The last few episodes were pretty cool. I still think that Kozu~pii's shape of her sword was just plain ridiculous.

I gave it a 6 in the end. I liked the artwork of it throughout. All of the female characters were pretty stand alone in their own ways. The back stories of a few of them were a bit upsetting, like Sena's and Yua's. I'm just glad that I watched most of it in one sitting, if I had watched it every now and again I definitely wouldn't of known what was going on.
May 31, 2009 4:17 PM

Jan 2008
As many others, I quite liked the start, especially the murder thing.
However, after the first few episodes, it got really lame in my view and it seemed very shallow in several aspects.
On the one hand, it was difficult to keep track of all the connections between those "mysterious events", and still, nothing caught my attention so much that I'd be thrilled. o.O And in the end, I didn't like the idea of that government-run mind controlling thingie...

I hated that - apart from Takumi, who was really annoying at that, too - there was no real character development / explanation of their pasts. And if there was, it was super-short, as if they wanted to say "Gee, we need some character depth, but we can't waste precious time, so we just put in the essential parts. And...maybe...cut them a bit." (s.a. the Sena story)
There was so much left unresolved, especially Ayase's role was quite unexplored in the end. Or Yue. Why did she get her sword in the first place? Only to chase away that illusion of her twin sister and wave it around in the end while standing at that river? Wow. And Nanami didn't really get to do much with her sword, either. Clutching it, mostly.

Ultimately, it simply wasn't "dark" enough for me. o.O The start was okay, what with the cruel murder events, but then, there wasn't anything that could be called "real disturbing". And everything felt terribly rushed, especially the ending.

Jun 17, 2009 10:02 AM

Oct 2008
This show is one of the worst I have seen in my life.

3/10
Jul 12, 2009 2:55 AM

Feb 2009
*sigh*

this anime started off with so much potential...

...then went to the pits...
Jul 15, 2009 12:55 AM

Jun 2009
MiKu214 said:

His paranoid monologues were the only thing stopping me from giving up on this anime. I don't know why, I guess I just like insane characters. That and I wanted to see if there was any way they were going to pull off a good ending with the completely messed up plot. The delusions were what really pissed me off. I won't be able to remember which parts were delusions and which weren't unless I rewatch the show which I'm not going to do.

Take his sister for example: was she always a delusion or what happened to her house and why can't she remember her real brother until she meets him? And then of course there's the whole dark god NOAH II thing: how does giving everyone the power to create delusions eliminate greed? Why did the dark knights or megalomaniacs or whatever they call themselves even want to destroy the NOAH II in the first place? it sounded like all it did was give everyone god powers.

Saorin said:
I hated that - apart from Takumi, who was really annoying at that, too - there was no real character development / explanation of their pasts. And if there was, it was super-short, as if they wanted to say "Gee, we need some character depth, but we can't waste precious time, so we just put in the essential parts. And...maybe...cut them a bit." (s.a. the Sena story)
There was so much left unresolved, especially Ayase's role was quite unexplored in the end. Or Yue.

Lack of character development is one of my major pet peeves and this anime was a huge offender. I suppose 12 episodes wasn't enough time for them to really explore each character in detail but they spent too much time on the whole erratic gravity and mechanics of delusions. The detective was also a pointless waste of time as well as the new gen crimes. The only purpose to them that I could see was to awaken Takumi. I hope that it was just that I wasn't paying attention when they first revealed it but it seemed to me that when Rimi told Takumi right there at the end that she was also a delusion it was the first time we ever found out. I just can't believe that they would tell us that 20 seconds before the entire anime ends. It's like if Return of the Jedi ended with Vader saying "Luke, I am your father". Really, wtf? D:

I guess the main problem I had with it was that it left me confused but it didn't make me care enough about the characters to bother finding out the answers to all the questions I had. Honestly, I liked Takumi, the originality of this anime, and a few of the plot twists but hated everything else so I can only barely justify giving it a 6/10
Jul 21, 2009 4:03 PM

Aug 2008
This show reminded me a lot of the game Fahrenheit. Not necessarily story-wise, but the feel. Some mysterious murders, dark atmosphere filled with paranoia that drags you deeper and deeper into the story. But as you get to the part where the mystery should unfold and the pieces of the puzzle are coming together, you get a lukewarm mixture of aliens, AIs and super saiyan zombies.

To put it in another metaphor: ChaoS;HEAd is like slowly unwrapping a cake with your mouth already drooling, but when you finally get to have a bite it turns out the filling is creme shit.. and it's made out of cardboard instead of dough.

Not to mention the characters were so shallow I could see the wall behind my monitor. Takumi might have been the only half-decent character. Which is bad.

Not sure how to rate this..
Aug 29, 2009 7:02 PM
Jul 2009
I can't believe I finished this one. Art was spectacular. So colorful and detailed that it almost made my eyes bleed a little. The premise of this anime as a whole was cool. The story was set up well by the first episode. But having only 12 episodes was extremely detrimental to progression. It set out to do too much. There were too many background stories too explore in order to feel attachment to any of the characters. Had this only had 24 episodes it might have been perfection. 5/10. Would be a 5.5 but no option for that.

Might have to start checking out VNs (starting with this one) before watching related animes.
Sep 7, 2009 4:00 PM

Jul 2009
I Enjoyed This Series But i was disappointed with the ending Just a tad bit but it was good over all
Sep 8, 2009 2:53 PM

Nov 2008
Lol this ending was really funny, absolutely love it!
Oct 13, 2009 7:53 AM

Aug 2009
I really liked how it ended. When I saw the first episode I was ah man don't tell me this is one of those animes where its all a flash back and the main character dies at the end. Although I still wonder if the city they live in was a shithole before all those events and a machine just bend reality to make everything appear and feel fine.
Nov 1, 2009 12:48 PM

Jan 2008
Reading through the rest of the comments I get the impression that those that have played the game were disappointed, however as someone that came to this story fresh without any preconceptions, I found it pretty good.

Though I do agree that it started losing a bit of it's charm at around episode 10.
Nov 29, 2009 3:38 PM

Jun 2008
Wow, I must say, it's not bad for packing all in 20 minutes! And the mix of the VN ending was nice enough. I was in the verge of tears even though the episodes after the 6th are completely trash.

I'm giving this series a 7. Maybe an 8 if I feel like giving an extra point for the animated (but short) battle scenes

Dec 10, 2009 10:30 AM
Jul 2018
While I didn't hate the series as a whole, the final episode reminded why Chaos; Head is a waste of time. The series tries to do a whole lot of things and ends up going nowhere. The only bright parts happened in the first episode. After that, it was all downhill for me I'm afraid.

And for a series that has girls with sharp weapons, they don't seem to use them that much.

Ah well, the game is much better.
Feb 11, 2010 11:45 PM

Aug 2009
Wow I liked the first 5 episodes then the rest of the series completly failed...

i wanted to punch every character in the face so bad!

taku the most beacuse he is the biggest failure of a delusion ever.

the ending also pissed me off! i just wanted every one to die, is that to much to ask for?!
Feb 17, 2010 6:10 PM

Oct 2009
Anime was good overall, but the ending was typical. 3/5 for the episode 7/10 for the anime.
Feb 19, 2010 7:24 AM

Oct 2009
Certainly a nice end with some happy theme but shocking revelations in this series will always be something scarred on my mind like with Rimi and Kozue's past. At least the girls were nice minus that illusion.

In spoiler my anime list for now.
Feb 24, 2010 3:01 PM

Aug 2009
Ugh... Just... Ugh...

Awful anime. The first couple of episodes were amazing. Loved it. Then the story just got crappier and crappier. The sci-fi crap was just pure lulz. And, seriously? ''Rebuild the world''? Can it be any more cliché?
I dropped it at episode 10. That was... Around June 2009, lol. Picked it up again today. Wasn't worth it IMO.

5.5/10
I would've given it a 4 or something, but the first half of the anime was really enjoyable, so I guess I'm being generous.
Mar 26, 2010 8:20 PM

Jun 2009
I thought after the half it turned a happy ending but all was only a delusion.
A battle of delusions this is really pyschological

The story is somewhat confusing i was seeing Evangelion but on the light side but I quite grasp what the concept meant.

The ending was great not so dramatic but it was short

I felt the goosebumps all throughout the episode
Live well - Laugh often - and Love much

May 15, 2010 11:01 PM

Jun 2009
As others have said before this series tried to do to much, it had ADHD or something. It flirted between Dragon Ball Z style fighting powers and a psychological mystery/horror. Then the ending was completely rushed. I'd give the first half the series a 9/10 but, the second half like a 2 or 3 out of 10.
Jul 1, 2010 7:56 PM

Nov 2009
Noldor said:
yeah right... Another fuked up topic ; )

Im sure if Taku Died there U would say " WTF he died,... lame".

FAIL.

ME like ending ; )

Yeah the users here never appreciate the endings and always find something that makes them pissed about it.

It's not like every anime is perfect.

And you know. I'm pretty sure that a lot of the people that posted here just read the other's opinion and just went along with it
Jul 27, 2010 8:42 PM

Apr 2009
The first half is ok..but it went downhill at the last half,I'm a bit disappointed, I thought that it was like higurashi..

anyways..
6/10
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 1, 2010 1:39 AM

Apr 2010
Anime series was okay but i feel like it was rushed alot =/
Aug 13, 2010 7:05 AM

Apr 2010
One of the crappiest anime I've ever watched.
Aug 17, 2010 5:35 PM

Jan 2009
WTF did they do when they adapted the game? First they deleted my fav. scenes from the game.
After that they decided to censor everything and even inserted some ramdom scenes (or entire episode in this case), while they could use the time to flesh out the original story. Not to mention all the suspension they failed to create.

One of the few positive things however was the ending, as my favorite ending was the "good" (or AA as its also known) becuase after al he had gone trough (in the game atleast) i was glad he could finally begin his life. And that thought stayed as i watched the anime.

This could be so much better if they really tried, and had the space/time for it.
legolas66106Aug 17, 2010 5:39 PM
Oct 16, 2010 7:22 PM
Jun 2010

10/10-
I found this anime to be AMAZING!!!! it started off with a mystery theme revolving around the new gen murders but then the real psychological stuff kicks off with delusions, real booting, and the Di- swords. the mind rape battles were awesome, the girls looked great, and the last battle + scenes closed it pretty well

there r 2 kinds of ppl hating on this right now
1) those who have played the visual novel: i personally havent played the visual novel. those of u who have may think that the VN is superior to the anime, which is probably true. but, u have to admit, the anime was pretty kickass as well

2) those who didnt understand the psychological parts and got confused: GTFO, i understood it just fine. if u cant understand psychological stuff, DONT WATCH IT. this show is not for 12 year old kids nor is it for ppl with IQs less than 20.
Oct 18, 2010 11:03 AM

Oct 2008
cakeisthesauce said:

10/10-
I found this anime to be AMAZING!!!! it started off with a mystery theme revolving around the new gen murders but then the real psychological stuff kicks off with delusions, real booting, and the Di- swords. the mind rape battles were awesome, the girls looked great, and the last battle + scenes closed it pretty well

1) those who have played the visual novel: i personally havent played the visual novel. those of u who have may think that the VN is superior to the anime, which is probably true. but, u have to admit, the anime was pretty kickass as well

2) those who didnt understand the psychological parts and got confused: GTFO, i understood it just fine. if u cant understand psychological stuff, DONT WATCH IT. this show is not for 12 year old kids nor is it for ppl with IQs less than 20.

Jajaja and you call this crap a good psychological show? I think you still need to look more anime... try with true psychological series like Evangelion, Lain or Ergo Proxy and then talk ;)
Oct 22, 2010 6:11 PM
Jun 2010
psygol said:
cakeisthesauce said:

10/10-

Jajaja and you call this crap a good psychological show? I think you still need to look more anime... try with true psychological series like Evangelion, Lain or Ergo Proxy and then talk ;)

u misunderstood me, i said it's a good show with some psychological elements. there r ppl hatin on the show SOLELY because they didnt understand the psychological bits. i plan to watch Evangelion and Serial Experiments Lain but im just gonna say this now, anyone who doesnt understand chaos;head will be completely lost when watching more complex psychological shows such as monster, evangelion, lain, etc
Nov 5, 2010 8:27 AM

Dec 2008
mitsukosukino said:
what a fail of ending for this series...the atmosphere of mistery builded got spoiled with that swallow turn of events.

^ +1
Dec 29, 2010 2:30 PM

Aug 2010
i just done the game directly afther it i watch the anime. i must say one thing. hmmm i don t wanna say it on a rude way but. the game is a master piece. ( understatement)
while the anime is a piece of hmmm hmmm mmmm you know poopoo ( hyperbool/eufenism)
Dec 29, 2010 2:33 PM

Aug 2010
legolas66106 said:
WTF did they do when they adapted the game? First they deleted my fav. scenes from the game.
After that they decided to censor everything and even inserted some ramdom scenes (or entire episode in this case), while they could use the time to flesh out the original story. Not to mention all the suspension they failed to create.

One of the few positive things however was the ending, as my favorite ending was the "good" (or AA as its also known) becuase after al he had gone trough (in the game atleast) i was glad he could finally begin his life. And that thought stayed as i watched the anime.

This could be so much better if they really tried, and had the space/time for it.

and alot more scenes , :) also .. i wnated to see more gure -.- . i mean . wouldn t it better if it was the game but better animated -.-? i mean it wil take 50 episodes or more. but really.. honestly i wanted to see every single detail in the anime .. :( just like hmm how the nurse kills and hmmm how hmmm the baby mummy got devoured
Dec 30, 2010 9:01 PM
Jun 2009
WTF. Just... WTF.

It's like they forced it to be a happy ending. Where did Takumi suddenly get all those powers from? Just because he "awakened"? That's too clique in my opinion; it's always that the protagonist suddenly goes from wimpy human to a hero with powers that only he can use to save the world.

I still gave this a 7 though, because the way the series progressed, with all the truths coming out at the end, was good. It's just that the ending was rushed.
Dec 31, 2010 9:27 AM

Aug 2010
i play the game, the game is a master piece. compared to this anime its like hmmm hmmm its teh worse anime i ever seen xD
Jan 6, 2011 10:46 PM

Jul 2010
well it was ok, though it feels i've been given somthing that took alot of creativity and determination, but than was done very half-assed becuz they got tired of it and just wanted to wrap t up.

Jan 20, 2011 11:40 AM

Nov 2010
two words to summarize this series: wasted potential.
if they couldn't make it 24 episodes (which it seemed like it needed) they should of never made it at all.

I don't mind slow pacing as long as the characters can entertain me, But the characters (except for maybe 2 or 3) in this anime are either heavily cliched/stereotyped or boring and annoying. The script is also uninspired and dull. The anime is so awfully made that it comes off as pretentious and I find myself put off to the point where i don't even care for the plot. I will say it definitely had an insane amount of potential and I bet the visual novel is better many times over. Sad I watched this first and ruined the story T-T

adaptions like these make me rue the day Saya no Uta becomes an anime.

although the last two episodes weren't all that bad.
You are null and void!
Apr 10, 2011 2:48 AM

Jul 2009
Anyone want to be a delusion after seeing what Takumi could do as an delusion?

PS: The girls are not necessarily included.
'Everything is impossible until proven possible.' - Me

Apr 20, 2011 7:54 PM

Jul 2009
Uh, that ending was kind of ... meh >_<
I thought it kind of deteriorated near the end. Yes, most of the questions were answered, but I still thought the ending bad. He gets his own little harem at the end? Loves Rimi? Please. Obviously he was gonna destroy the thing, the fight itself was interesting I guess ...?
The characters were OK, I suppose. Some were pretty annoying. Plus the animation goes O_O A LOT D;
I think the anime could have been a lot better, I'm feeling a 6.5 but I'll have to round down to 6/10
Apr 23, 2011 6:47 PM

Feb 2010
Episode 1-7 were the best when he had no idea what
was going on and it was mainly him and Rimi. At first I
thought he had a mental desiese (Which would have
made it way better) But then it started getting all magic.
But im glad Rimi and him were together. Most of the
characters were annoying and unorigional but Taku is
the hottest anime character I've seen damn....The
beggining was more suspencefull than the ending
haha fail. The idea was good though if they wouldnt
have added so much other crap with other characters
May 26, 2011 3:59 PM
Jul 2010
Well, the story of this anime was just confusing. I was like "WTF?" when Takumi and the other guy made delusions. It had a good potential but it has been wasted, too many stereotypes.

However, I set 7/10, it wasn't bad, but already I'm not a sci-fi fan, I won't advise it to someone.
May 30, 2011 5:45 PM

Aug 2008
lI liked first half of serie but than they ruined it with endless repeating lines by all chars in room imo why they needed that and super sayon ending, overall disappointed.
Jun 15, 2011 3:14 AM
Jan 2008
So I just finished the last episode of CH. It was fine, ok, but nothing special. You knew what was coming. Just like the rest of the series, not bad, but never really good.
Jun 15, 2011 3:09 PM

Aug 2009
I liked it. I dunno if it's worth an 8, but it's between 7 and 8 to me. It didn't completely suck. I think people are rating it too low.

The beginning was very good, in my opinion. I found it very interesting and I liked it being psychological matters and all (the main-character probably having a mental disease), but then it just turned into too much sci-fi supernatural stuff, magical stuff, which pretty much ruined it all and the series started going down. Imaginary stuff converted into "real" physical objects which could be used to hurt and kill people, what the hell... The theme added later in the show, "killing the bad guy", really felt like some bad shounen crap. I mean, what the hell...

I'm gonna play the visual novel and see what differences there are. I would really like to see this show with some slight changes. Also, I think the main-character was pretty well-made and you got to see how he developed throughout the show and how he dealt with his fears and stuff.
RodnessJun 15, 2011 3:13 PM
Jul 2, 2011 3:22 PM

Feb 2009
wait, tell me why CH is a harem, only one girl likes him.
Aug 7, 2011 4:03 PM

Feb 2011
That ending was incredibly mediocre. The show started as an 8/10 and ended a 6/10, so I'm giving it a 7/10.

I really only watched the show because Steins;Gate is my favorite anime, so naturally I was drawn to anything related to it. I wouldn't really recommend this to anyone unless they were specifically looking for something like it.
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »

More topics from this board

» Friendly reminder the anime is an absolute embarrassment and the visual novel is legitimately up there with steins gate

Fischer77 - Mar 22, 2023

19 by LoveLikeBlood »»
Jan 14, 12:34 AM

» I. Hate. The. Main. Character. ( 1 2 )

SY_IS_DEAD_IRL - Oct 22, 2008

66 by SciADV_Maniac »»
Mar 10, 2023 4:08 PM

Poll: » ChäoS;HEAd Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

DeadIEnd - Nov 20, 2008

118 by SciADV_Maniac »»
Mar 10, 2023 4:04 PM

Poll: » ChäoS;HEAd Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

removed-user - Dec 11, 2008

97 by Netbug »»
Mar 10, 2023 2:16 PM

Poll: » ChäoS;HEAd Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

DeadIEnd - Nov 27, 2008

113 by Netbug »»
Mar 10, 2023 12:40 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.