Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
The Devil Is a Part-Timer! (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Apr 25, 2013 6:26 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Another great episode.

Lol, the police officer is kinda funny. And what's up with Maou now, she can't even walk straight and falls off the stairs? Well, I see that Yuusha and Maou are still having rocky talks.

Tears were shed ;.;. This series continues to entertain me every week still though. Kinda like some of the new characters introduced. Nice wings:

Can't wait to see shit goes down next time :3
Apr 25, 2013 7:40 AM

Aug 2012
Poor Chiho but I'm excited on what will happen on the next episode though.
XushuApr 25, 2013 7:46 AM
Apr 25, 2013 9:33 AM

Nov 2012
looks like it's gonna be realy crazy next time lol!
Apr 25, 2013 9:37 AM

Feb 2009
How can she misunderstand the situation like this I mean it is not she caught them having sex or anything. So that landlady knows about Maou and the others real identities; I wonder who is she really.

More ppl from the other side are on they way,and it seems the guy that was threatening Emilia and Maou is Lucifer things are getting more and more interesting!
MaxCrazy7Apr 25, 2013 9:40 AM
Apr 25, 2013 9:56 AM
Oct 2009
Lucifer looks pretty cool! And the landlady knows all sorts of things about demons huh~~ the way she appears in the OP was pretty suspicious but I can't wait to see who she really is!

More action, more drama, but less comedy.. that's too bad, but at least the drama is interesting for now. And Ashiya still makes me lol every time xDD
Apr 25, 2013 11:19 AM

Jul 2010
So all those people were protected from the falling debris thanks to Maou-san.

Lucifer voiced by Shimono-san was nice.
Apr 25, 2013 11:47 AM
Dec 2012
Wow Getting serious. Especially the flashback was tense. I felt a Maoyuu vibe. Unexpected surprise from the series.

I guess Emi didn't talk about Kobe earthquake not b/c she was attentive to her but b/c she didn't know about the quake at all cuz she was from a different world. lol

Funny was the conversation between Maou and Yuusha in his room. Chiho reminded me of Okonogi from Dusk Maiden Amnesia character/personality-wise.

In the end Lucifer showed up. I had not imagined they would battle in the human world. I thought the series was a lighthearted romcom. Delightful surprise!

Very nice episode. Yes nicely done! It retained a perfect balance between comedy and seriousness.
Apr 25, 2013 12:52 PM

Aug 2011
Epic episode as always.. I just loved the reactions..

-------- HD IMAGES ------------

-----------------------------------

Mod Edit: Only 1 screenshot per post is allowed.
LunaApr 27, 2013 8:53 AM
Apr 25, 2013 1:14 PM

Mar 2011
Pretty good episode.
Little Emilia was cute.
And that Lucifer at the end, damn can't wait for the next episode.
Apr 25, 2013 1:18 PM

Feb 2008
It doesn't seem like Lucifer is trying to take Maou back or something, but what can they do with such a limit power in that world.
It seem like Emi friends from the different world are coming too.

What a preview, it doesn't say much at all expect for the title.
The Title say The Dark Lord and The Hero Save Sasazuka

Nothing ventured, nothing gained (Girls und Panzer der Film ) / from Nishizumi Miho

Apr 25, 2013 1:27 PM

Oct 2011
What a sad past for Yuusha. Who is the landlord. She knew everything about Maou and Yuusha. Even about the quakes. Damn Lucifer makes his appearance and next week looks like they will battle it out. Won't their identities be revealed then?
Apr 25, 2013 1:32 PM

Apr 2012
AnimeFan500 said:
What a sad past for Yuusha. Who is the landlord. She knew everything about Maou and Yuusha. Even about the quakes. Damn Lucifer makes his appearance and next week looks like they will battle it out. Won't their identities be revealed then?

Nah, they're just cosplayers.
Apr 25, 2013 1:34 PM

Jun 2012
What I really like about Maousama is how it mixes comedy and drama and can switch between the two of them like its nothing. I've seen other comedies try this but few have been as successful as this show. While it might not work for other people and I can see why, it clicks for me at least

So many comedic highlights whether its Ashiya in waifu-husband mode or Chi-chan having horrible timing with a dramatic moment between Emilia and Maou. All I feel like doing is praising this anime. It was pretty interesting learning about how Emilia became a hero and its ties to the present today with Lucifer. Another mystery that got introduced was how Maou's landlord knows about magic and mind sonar. Is she a demigod perhaps?

The dialogue between Emilia and her friend had some nice perhaps blunt symbolism to the relationship between Maou and Emilia currently ongoing.

I'm also keen to learn more about Maou's motivations when he was a Demon King in Ente Isla. His last words before Chi-Chan came in piqued my curiosity

Better make sure I don't trip on any stairs until next week
HybridMBLApr 25, 2013 5:44 PM
Apr 25, 2013 1:39 PM

Dec 2012
To explain a little better about Maou's apology, he had never met or seen any humans and didn't understand what exactly they were, and thought they were some sort of parasite, so he declared war

Another good episode, it's like they are a bunch of Chuuni's living together, never fails to amuse me.
Monde11Apr 25, 2013 2:02 PM
Apr 25, 2013 1:43 PM

Aug 2011
AnimeFan500 said:
Who is the landlord. She knew everything about Maou and Yuusha. Even about the quakes.

Apr 25, 2013 1:51 PM

Feb 2013
Apr 25, 2013 1:51 PM

Dec 2011
Yay! More background for Emilia.
Her talk with Maou is so touching! It made me shed a tear.

Poor Chi-chan. She just has to see it.

Ooh... it is his minion Lucifer eh???
I can't wait to see Maou put him down in his place... and probably, live in Maou's apartment with Alsiel. That would bring lols.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 25, 2013 1:53 PM

Mar 2013
Hmmm, I wonder what would have happened if Ashiya & Chi hadn't walked in on Maou & Emi. Emi looked like she was about to burst a vein after Maou's offhand apology and it's not like anyone can blame her. One thing's for sure, there's definitely going to be a continuation to this conversation.

Also, can we all just take a moment to appreciate that this show isn't being driven by comedy but by actual STORY? I WANT NEXT WEEK ALREADY WAHHHHH
Apr 25, 2013 1:55 PM

Jun 2010
Waaa.. another awesome episode.

Little Emi. True daughter of an angel, TOO CUTE <3

I wonder what's up with Emi's bestfriend. Just a side character or...?

Lol at the officer. Police sure are getting a lot of screen time in this Anime lolol.

Aren't we seeing Emi fanservice every episode? Not that I mind CUZ SHE'S TOO HOT!

So what's the feather that fell in the bathtub?

EMI FALLING DOWN THE STAIRS <3 BEST SCENE THIS EP!

The drama was kinda sad. It was sad because Maou did nothing but said sorry. I thought Emi would kill her if Chiho didn't arrive.

Speaking of Chihio, ppor kid. Get heartbroken and be targeted by Lucifer...

The biggest mystery was who's the owner?! MIKI-T!!!!!!!!! I wonder who she is? Maybe a creature from another planet too that went to japan long ago before Maou and Emi arrived.

I'm excited. It seems like we will see the mage girl in action next ep!!

Wasn't surprised by Lucifer. BECAUSE OF THE DAMN SPOILERS IN MAL. Seriously, when will people learn that that's the last thing they should to in an anime forums.

Lucifer looks BA. Was happy to hear the he's being voiced by Hiro. From the god of conquest to the demon Lucifer!!!

This series. Too good.

Hybridbloodszak said:
What I really like about Maousama is how it mixes comedy and drama and can switch between the two of them like its nothing. I've seen other comedies try this but few have been as successful as this show. While it might not work for other people and I can see why, it clicks for me at leastk

I agree!

Monde11 said:
so he declared war to stop the demons fighting among themselves.
Is that a spoiler? Why are the demons fighting among themselves?

Durbikins said:

Nah, they're just cosplayers.

Is that a spoiler too?

Goddamn the comments are confusing me.
Apr 25, 2013 2:02 PM

Dec 2012
-MgZ_ said:

It might be, not sure since I don't know the details, I'll spoiler tag it anyway.
Apr 25, 2013 2:06 PM

Nov 2007
Amazing, when this show wants to be funny it's DAMN funny. When it wants to be serious it's damn interesting as well. If there any doubt that this is the best of the season?
Apr 25, 2013 2:07 PM
Oct 2012
I love the way this story is progressing. I hope it keeps up like this. None of the characters have become annoying to me. I get my laughs and a couple of nail biting moments. Easily one of my favorite anime this season.
Apr 25, 2013 2:09 PM
Dec 2010
Maybe best anime of the season!
Apr 25, 2013 2:19 PM

Aug 2010
Has Lucifer already been introduced in the earlier episodes?
Apr 25, 2013 2:32 PM

Oct 2010
Another week waiting qq
Apr 25, 2013 2:34 PM
Mar 2013
Gu3rrit0 said:
Has Lucifer already been introduced in the earlier episodes?

He was introduced briefly during the first episode along with the other 3 of Maou's generals (Adramelech, Lucifer, Alsiel, Malacoda).
Apr 25, 2013 2:48 PM

Jul 2009
oh... i thought that other guy was lucifer loooool
Apr 25, 2013 2:48 PM
Jan 2013
This anime is really going downhill with every episode, sadly will probably turn out nothing than a show that pretends to be something more than just a romance, but is written too dumb to be it. Meh.
Apr 25, 2013 3:01 PM

Jan 2013
^Such hate.

Anyways, great episode.
Apr 25, 2013 3:01 PM

Jul 2010
Nice little bit of back story on Emilia there. She was really about to burst after Maou's 'apology'. Poor Chi-chan walking in on them. I wonder if she'll ever get a chance.

And now Lucifer shows up to mutiny against Maou!

Apr 25, 2013 3:10 PM

Sep 2010
Uhmmmm...

The first half of ep was abit boring with emi's friend, but well was able to know abit more about her, as always maou and his loyal servant are super funny. That miki-T surely come from the other world, or at least knows alot she's really mysterious.

Luciper appears, oh well ... that also tricks me, i mean it's hard to believe a Dark Lord in so short of time become too kind and nicely to everyone, rlly soft and different.. but it's ok let's see what will happen with him and his generals. Obvsly there is alot to be discovered so expecting to next episodes.

Now comes the worst part, wait until next week >.> ...
Apr 25, 2013 3:12 PM

Dec 2010
Chihan is cute lol. Even if Mao and Emi unites against a common enemy I'm just gonna guess that temporary peace isn't going to last.
Apr 25, 2013 3:26 PM

May 2012
Satan vs. Lucifer! LET'S GO! XD
"No matter how much of a genius one is, in front of the Uchiha name, they're just ordinary people." - Sasuke Uchiha

Apr 25, 2013 3:31 PM

Jul 2008
zStar said:
So many new characters, looking forward to whats coming next. Its will be interesting to see if lucifer will be a bad guy or become their friends, he kinda looks like a bad guy but i could see him being an ok character.

Unlike Maou, he is actually confirmed to have done atrocities. Emilia's father was killed by his legions after all.
In other words, somehow I think he'll be the plot-device to apologize Maou.
Apr 25, 2013 3:37 PM

Sep 2010
Uchihafan25 said:
Satan vs. Lucifer! LET'S GO! XD

This is quite weird, by the bible Lucifer is the "Dark Lord" he's the boss of darkness

but here seems like they splitted it up, and create 2 characters. But well that doesn't rlly matters right ? I just hope to see some nice funny scenes mixed up with fight, but i'm not sure they will put such intensity on this fight for now.
Apr 25, 2013 3:38 PM

Dec 2012
Pacing for this show is great. It's a bit conventional that shet-gets-real butts in each time any attempt at dialogue resolution surfaces, but this keeps everything fresh. It's hard not to succumb to spoiling the plot for myself each week!

Also, Asriel for character of the year.
"a doctor is just a friend with duct tape"
Apr 25, 2013 3:41 PM

Jan 2011
Solid 10/10 after this episode now.
What this show missed till now was more support characters to get relevant and a deeper story.
Its got everything now.
Best show of the season for me.
As it is now, maybe only the Titans could beat it.
Apr 25, 2013 3:49 PM

Jan 2011
I knew that old lady was involved in this since the moment she was introduced. The dramatic scene getteing interrupted was funny. The BGM when they encountered Lucifer was nice.
VioLinkApr 25, 2013 4:32 PM
[center]
Apr 25, 2013 3:57 PM

Mar 2012
lol @Alsiel's expression when seeing the landlady. So there will be more characters from Ente Isla gonna show up and high possibility they gonna live at the same apartment because the landlady planning on refurbish. Although, I bet the fight won't be anything too serious lol..
Claude_KennyApr 25, 2013 4:06 PM
Keep moving forward
Apr 25, 2013 4:01 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
Hybridbloodszak said:
What I really like about Maousama is how it mixes comedy and drama and can switch between the two of them like its nothing. I've seen other comedies try this but few have been as successful as this show. While it might not work for other people and I can see why, it clicks for me at least

Couldn't agree more ^^ It definitely has a good mix of comedy and drama that is executed very well. I laughed so hard at Ashiya in the beginning when he had more mental trauma for not being of help to Maou haha. I like how they are delving more into the conflict between Maou and Emi. We obviously know that Emi wants to kill Maou because of all the "bad" things he did to the humans in the other world, but now we kind of get a glimpse at Maou's motivation for the war. Though we still don't really know anything, at least we know that he didn't do it just to be evil, he really had no understanding of humans back then. After all, now he did all he could to save people. Wow Lucifer. This is getting really interesting!
Apr 25, 2013 4:03 PM

Nov 2010
After watching this episode, this was my reaction:

HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLY SHIT!
Apr 25, 2013 4:08 PM

Jun 2012

Being Chiho is suffering.
Apr 25, 2013 4:13 PM
Jul 2009
Gotta love at Ashiya's logic... "Hey Chiho, wanna come over? Your lover and rival are both back at the apartment by themselves in private ,but don't worry, it'll be fun!"

Haha anyhoo, I'm loving the way this anime is turning out and the way it transitions atmospheres/genres. Though I wonder why they weren't more suspicious about the landlady...?
Apr 25, 2013 4:16 PM

Sep 2011
Ooookay... Well, that's kind of lame, the Dark Lord really wasn't evil after all? And it was all Lucifer, the one who harmed Emi?

But the episode is great! This, from all the romcoms I have seen, could stand in the upper spots! its actually enjoyable and the initial premise hasn't been badly done, and there are new characters introduce.

1. the space time emotionless girl
2. the big guy, is that Emi's father?
3. Lucifer! pretty cool looking guy
"Justice Never Dies!" - Kenji Endou, 20th century Boys
Apr 25, 2013 4:17 PM

Nov 2012
Sweet, this is getting interesting.
Sorry for Chiho, but I would prefer the Emilia Route.
Apr 25, 2013 4:19 PM
Jan 2011
The Anime skips some dialog here and there (probably because they want to end right at Lucifer part) and some are quite important or at least make things easier to understand so I would suggest people taking a quick the Manga version of this ep.
Apr 25, 2013 4:27 PM

Jan 2013
Motivational feels
Apr 25, 2013 4:29 PM

Mar 2013
This is probably one of the best animes this season along side shingeki no kyojin. Keeps getting better after every episode, and washes my mouth clean after the bad taste I get from other animes. Such as the new episode of devil survivor.. dafuq was that...

But I'm interested to see the new characters come to play, and would like to know a bit more behind emi and maou is past. I still don't understand how the dark lord satan can be so sympathetic :P
Apr 25, 2013 4:43 PM

Dec 2010
Looks like Lucifer wants to overthrow Satan/Maou (maybe going along with Christian mythology about how Lucifer wanted to overthrow God).

Great episode, but I am a little irritated at how much of a "nice guy" Maou is. He's the freaking DARK OVERLORD, would spending a few months in the human world change him so much?
Apr 25, 2013 4:45 PM
Oct 2010
unleash the dullandan FUCKING LOL.

feels heavy ep. poor emilia D: such a great ep. who is the landlady :O
Dont bother replying to my posts in forums, dont check them afterwards.

Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hataraku Maou-sama! Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 27, 2013

621 by bakakisima »»
Apr 4, 9:55 AM

Poll: » Hataraku Maou-sama! Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 11, 2013

345 by foofooplay »»
Mar 21, 9:27 PM

Poll: » Hataraku Maou-sama! Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 18, 2013

328 by NutsTheBerker »»
Mar 16, 7:24 AM

Poll: » Hataraku Maou-sama! Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 2, 2013

374 by Ailastara »»
Feb 26, 3:30 PM

Poll: » Hataraku Maou-sama! Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 4, 2013

483 by 0ssi »»
Jan 24, 4:07 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.