Forum Settings
Forums

HBO is in Talks with Guillermo Del Toro to Adapt Monster into TV Series

New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (6) « First ... « 4 5 [6]
Aug 27, 2013 9:56 PM

Jun 2013
So has a release date been confirmed yet? Or is this still years in production?
Aug 27, 2013 11:30 PM

Feb 2009
CtrlShiftC said:
GodlyKyon said:

Didn't watch the Anime, but seems like Johan is mostly emotionlessly smiling and very calm, not very hard to act.

But that emotionless act of Johan's is hard. I mean, it's in the eyes, the smile, the voice and the way he carries himself. I know you didn't watch the anime, and that is why I was sugesting you check the ep 29. It's the one where Johan makes the detective Richard Braun commit suicide. A good ep to watch Johan at work, with sound to make it even better (another reason why I sugested the eng dub, cause by the end I can't take my eyes away from it).

My opinion at least.

Exactly, Johan is going to be nowhere near "easy" to act. That scene gives me chills and shows just what an amazing character Johan really is, the show will truly be riding on them finding a good actor for him.
Nov 10, 2013 9:06 PM

Sep 2011
Kipcha said:
CtrlShiftC said:
GodlyKyon said:

Didn't watch the Anime, but seems like Johan is mostly emotionlessly smiling and very calm, not very hard to act.

But that emotionless act of Johan's is hard. I mean, it's in the eyes, the smile, the voice and the way he carries himself. I know you didn't watch the anime, and that is why I was sugesting you check the ep 29. It's the one where Johan makes the detective Richard Braun commit suicide. A good ep to watch Johan at work, with sound to make it even better (another reason why I sugested the eng dub, cause by the end I can't take my eyes away from it).

My opinion at least.

Exactly, Johan is going to be nowhere near "easy" to act. That scene gives me chills and shows just what an amazing character Johan really is, the show will truly be riding on them finding a good actor for him.
In my opinion, Leonard Dicapricio in Titanic would've been PERFECT for his role, or...
"Justice Never Dies!" - Kenji Endou, 20th century Boys
Nov 10, 2013 9:17 PM

Feb 2009
GodlyKyon said:
Kipcha said:
CtrlShiftC said:
GodlyKyon said:

My opinion at least.

In my opinion, Leonard Dicapricio in Titanic would've been PERFECT for his role, or...

Nov 10, 2013 9:23 PM

Sep 2011
Kipcha said:
GodlyKyon said:
Kipcha said:
CtrlShiftC said:
GodlyKyon said:

My opinion at least.

http://thinkingparticle.com/images/leonardo-dicaprio-tiger-conservation.jpg
Nov 10, 2013 9:27 PM

Feb 2013
Ever seen Don't Be Afraid of the Dark? Yeah, not excited about this.
Nov 10, 2013 9:31 PM

Nov 2013
I'm kind of excited for this. I hope this will turn out good (and successful).
今日の朝食はどうだった?
超ショック!!
Nov 11, 2013 7:42 AM

Sep 2011
WalkingMisery said:
Ever seen Don't Be Afraid of the Dark? Yeah, not excited about this.
Zeppen said:
I'm kind of excited for this. I hope this will turn out good (and successful).

Pfff.

I really WISH it would be a Breaking Bad tier series, but I know it probably won't. Though filming the gun guy and the girl and a bunch of other characters would be MUCH easier comparatively to other series.
Nov 11, 2013 9:35 AM

Feb 2010
mjjfan10 said:
jimbob1141 said:
Another great thing about this is that if it does go ahead, and is popular, which i am very sure it will be, we will most likely see the monster manga be printed again.

And maybe Viz will finish the DVD release.

That would be awesome indeed.
I probably regret this post by now.
Nov 11, 2013 12:55 PM

Sep 2011
We someone blonde, pretty(Enough to be a girl), and who can act emotionlessly awesome, someone with Johan's SOUL

Benedict Cumberbatch with Blonde hair?
Nov 11, 2013 12:57 PM
Apr 2010
One of the few anime that would make a decent Western live action. Would be nice if this went through.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (6) « First ... « 4 5 [6]

More topics from this board

» 'Yuri!!! on Ice: Ice Adolescence' Anime Movie Cancels Production ( 1 2 )

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

70 by dodoxdo97 »»
1 hour ago

» TAAF 2024 Anime of the Year Winners Announced

Snow - 11 hours ago

3 by Maumuu »»
4 hours ago

» Manga 'Dungeon Meshi' Gets TV Anime ( 1 2 )

DatRandomDude - Aug 9, 2022

53 by Dark_Reunion007 »»
8 hours ago

» 'Wind Breaker' Announces Additional Cast

Hyperion_PS - Yesterday

4 by Memore »»
Yesterday, 11:26 PM

» Manga 'Ane Naru Mono' Gets OVA Adaptation

Vindstot - Jan 5, 2020

28 by lucio54 »»
Yesterday, 10:11 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.