Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
May 5, 2013 12:55 PM

Oct 2010
Eversio said:
I will never look at Yuyushiki the same way ever again.

Tumblr |  Anime List | 🌷🌼

May 7, 2013 2:13 PM
Mar 2012
I'll be pretty busy the next few days, so don't expect the new update until the weekend, unless I somehow am able to cram everything today. Have fun watching the latest episode! (I have also received the manga, so look forward to seeing updates for that!) And remember, the author has never confirmed the puppet theory, this is all pure speculation, thus it is not yet confirmed true.
May 7, 2013 4:34 PM
Nov 2012
Haha, oh man Ep 5 is RIPE for this theory, like it was written to validate it! I can't wait to see it deconstructed.

As for the people taking this oh so seriously and getting offended or finding it a downer--c'mon, this is obviously just a bit of fun. It reminds me of that website I stumbled on years ago that PROVED BEYOND DOUBT that not only was Tom Petty dead, he's been dead since before he released his first album.
May 7, 2013 4:44 PM

Mar 2013
Episode 5 offers a lot of material for this theory but also a lot against it. I wont play the asshole who rips it apart :D
May 7, 2013 8:38 PM

Dec 2012

Yup. Two dead/imaginary girls.
TulicloureMay 7, 2013 10:01 PM
May 7, 2013 10:57 PM
Aug 2010
episode 5 is foreshadowing. it really is. how come such a light hearted anime talking about dying, never heard of it before
May 8, 2013 3:32 AM

Dec 2011
Tulicloure said:
Damn it!
I liked watching this to relax...

Yeah, i know the feeling. I use this anime to cool down before watching Aku no Hana.
May 8, 2013 9:05 AM
Jul 2012
In Ep 5 also note a reference to "Usual suspects" - a movie with a plot twist at the very end.
So what?
May 8, 2013 11:42 AM

Dec 2011
Al the "death call" is a little creepy, and gives more chance to the theory to be true....
Nevertheless, the reactin of he class mate "they are lin the oher team" sugest that yukari and yuzuku are real....
Well see what hepens next
May 8, 2013 1:34 PM
Oct 2011
Weirder fan theories have floated around. Anyone familiar with the Tommy Westphall fan theory? The Tommy Westphall universe hypothesis is an idea discussed among some television fans, makes the claim that not only does St. Elsewhere take place within Tommy's mind, but so do numerous other television series which are directly and indirectly connected to St. Elsewhere through fictional crossovers and spin-offs, resulting in a large fictional universe taking place entirely within Tommy's mind. In 2002 writer Dwayne McDuffie wrote Six Degrees of St. Elsewhere for the Slush Factory website, the earliest version of the hypothesis to be found online. In a 2003 article published on BBC News Online, St. Elsewhere writer Tom Fontana was quoted as saying, "Someone did the math once... and something like 90 percent of all [American] television took place in Tommy Westphall's mind. God love him." Read more here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tommy_Westphall#The_Tommy_Westphall_Universe_Hypothesis

Chill and let people have their fun. It's interesting even if it might be totally wrong.
May 8, 2013 6:27 PM

Apr 2012
:P
although i believe this is totally fake, if it was like the likability of it for me would go up some so i'm watching it with this plot in mind from now on...
May 9, 2013 2:33 AM

Sep 2012
I'm still not buying the puppet theory but... it appears that there is at least an interesting dark undertone to the series that sets it apart from other simple slice of lifes. Will see if we get a Usual Suspects ending or if that was just a reference like those we've had to Saint Seya Omega etc.
May 11, 2013 5:33 AM

Mar 2012
Man, how I regreted checking this topic out T_T. I would be so emotional if any of this is true.
May 11, 2013 5:37 AM

Sep 2012
The OP uses "generic" in his post. Does he mean it as something negative?
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
May 11, 2013 8:31 AM

Sep 2012
I guess he just pointed out the lack of originality.
May 11, 2013 8:46 AM

Sep 2012
Arlia said:
Though I find the combination of one tsukkomi with one smart boke and one natural (tennen) boke to be quite original.
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
May 11, 2013 5:18 PM

May 2009
symbv said:
Arlia said:
Though I find the combination of one tsukkomi with one smart boke and one natural (tennen) boke to be quite original.

Indeed! I find Yuyushiki a very unique slice-of-life for this reason. This and the focus on the tsukkomi character. Most SoL (at least the ones I watched) make the innocent girl (like Hidamari Sketch's Yuno, Azumanga Daioh's Chiyo), the weird girl (like K-ON's Yui, Chuunibyou's Rikka) or the playful girl (YuruYuri's Kyouko) as the main, or focused character. While in these series the tsukkomi only role is to be part of the main cast and make tsukkomi for the boke character, here the focus is all on Yui, a tsukkomi character with not only one, but two kinds of boke girls who loves to tease her. And to add more, even the supporting cast focus on her

If there's another slice-of-life like this, please tell me, I would love to watch it.
May 11, 2013 5:44 PM
Mar 2012
When I said "generic moe," I didn't mean it in a condescending way. What I meant was that the anime is in the traditional comedy slice-of-life school setting, the plot and characters has nothing to do with it. If you want, I can change it for a more appropriate term.

Also, I'll be done with the update either tonight or tomorrow, I've been somewhat busy lately.
May 11, 2013 8:40 PM
Mar 2013
I agree with both of you, it's (supposed to be) just generic slice of life at first glance, but it's not at the same time! Fans also have noticed the difference as seen in this amazon jp's review page http://www.amazon.co.jp/dp/B00BTWFOP4
ukainaotoMay 11, 2013 8:54 PM
Engrish speaker
May 13, 2013 10:41 PM

Mar 2012
Holy moly. This is really cool.
LoneWolf said:
@Josh makes me sad to call myself Canadian.
May 14, 2013 5:01 AM

Dec 2011
Shizumi said:
symbv said:
Arlia said:

Indeed! I find Yuyushiki a very unique slice-of-life for this reason. This and the focus on the tsukkomi character. Most SoL (at least the ones I watched) make the innocent girl (like Hidamari Sketch's Yuno, Azumanga Daioh's Chiyo), the weird girl (like K-ON's Yui, Chuunibyou's Rikka) or the playful girl (YuruYuri's Kyouko) as the main, or focused character. While in these series the tsukkomi only role is to be part of the main cast and make tsukkomi for the boke character, here the focus is all on Yui, a tsukkomi character with not only one, but two kinds of boke girls who loves to tease her. And to add more, even the supporting cast focus on her

If there's another slice-of-life like this, please tell me, I would love to watch it.

Those are a lot of japaneese haracterizations. I got a little dizzy reading that...
May 14, 2013 2:48 PM

Apr 2010
Yui i trust you i will never betray you
they are all baka to believe that my yui is a crazy u_u
May 14, 2013 3:07 PM

Jun 2012
Funny yet it may have dark undertones....
Makes the show even better xD
May 14, 2013 4:46 PM

Sep 2012
alexpte said:

That episode 2 scene is in the manga too, volume 2, page 61.

Bought the manga 2-5 plus the anthology, beautiful art BTW, just beautiful!
hpulleyMay 14, 2013 5:53 PM
May 14, 2013 5:42 PM
Mar 2012
Episode 5 has finally been updated! Episode 6 will be following soon!
May 14, 2013 6:20 PM

Mar 2012
I think puppet theory has too many flaws at this point, but here are some thoughts on episode 6 nonetheless:

For puppet theory:

Against puppet theory:
JoshMay 14, 2013 6:25 PM
LoneWolf said:
May 14, 2013 8:53 PM

Apr 2010
I hope this turns out to be true. I've tried to watch these types of shows just for the hell of it, to see if it does anything for me and they've all been quite boring, even the popular ones. I've liked this one very much and if this kind of twist happens that would be amazing.
May 15, 2013 7:22 AM

Dec 2011
antonnn said:
I hope this turns out to be true. I've tried to watch these types of shows just for the hell of it, to see if it does anything for me and they've all been quite boring, even the popular ones. I've liked this one very much and if this kind of twist happens that would be amazing.

Don't keep your hopes up. We are already half way trought, and fir the preview the chapter 7 will be as normal as the others. For a deconstruction to happen it has to be triggered half way trought the series and... is not hapening.

Tbh i'm a little disapointed it turned iut to be false, it was interresting while it lasted. But now, it too late for it to happen.
May 15, 2013 9:54 AM

Mar 2012
Zaraquiel99 said:
For a deconstruction to happen it has to be triggered half way trought the series and... is not happening.
What. Why? /ignores disclaimer

I don't disagree that it is probably fake, but only insofar as any interpretation can be "fake" when talking about art. I think 'unconvincing' would be a better word.
LoneWolf said:
May 15, 2013 10:17 AM

Sep 2012
Having gone through 5 books of the manga...

But I will do a more thorough reading soon in case I missed anything.

I was chatting with the mangaka on twitter this morning about where to pick up and start reading Manga Time KR magazine after where book 5 leaves off (the answer is the April issue) so I can ask if there are deeper themes under the "girls in school slice of life" manga they have written. I won't flat out ask if they are puppets as I don't want to look that silly LOL

Edit: actually I lied, I don't have the first book yet since it is back ordered so I am going by books 2-5.
hpulleyMay 15, 2013 10:22 AM
May 15, 2013 4:13 PM
Mar 2012
hpulley said:
Edit: actually I lied, I don't have the first book yet since it is back ordered so I am going by books 2-5.

In response to your comment, I do have the first volume of the manga but I haven't had the time to properly read it. If you want a preview though:

With enough requests, I might also work on the manga if you guys are seriously interested.
-Karoshi-May 15, 2013 6:12 PM
May 15, 2013 4:21 PM
めんどくさい

Sep 2011
alexpte said:
In response to your comment, I do have the first volume of the manga but I haven't had the time to properly read it. If you want a preview though:
To much kanji (and no furigana), so I can't really read it :(
May 15, 2013 4:25 PM

Sep 2012
Cratex said:
alexpte said:
To much kanji (and no furigana), so I can't really read it :(

Seinen I think so not much furigana.

I think he really wanted you to look at the last picture which has no words anyways...

Now I have to re-read 2-5 very carefully!!
May 21, 2013 4:55 PM
Mar 2012
Episode 6 will be updated tonight and 7 tomorrow. I'm now finally able to make time!
May 21, 2013 7:16 PM

Dec 2012

I swear, they're doing it on purpose...
May 21, 2013 8:50 PM

Feb 2012
alexpte said:
Episode 6 will be updated tonight and 7 tomorrow. I'm now finally able to make time!

Sweeet. Thanks for making these updates. I enjoy reading them.
May 21, 2013 10:26 PM
Mar 2012
Episode 6 is now up and running!
May 23, 2013 3:35 AM

Jun 2009
alexpte said:
We may all know Yuyushiki as another generic moe series for us to watch casually. But after compiling some data, we may have to look at Yuyushiki at a whole new perspective.

Meet Yui, the main blonde-haired protagonist of the series. She is the only level-headed person in the trio of friends. But why is that? BECAUSE HER OTHER TWO FRIENDS YUZUKO AND YUKARI DOESN'T EXIST. In episode two, we see Yui holding imitation puppets of Yukari on the right and Yuzuko on the left. Throughout the anime, these positions of the "real" people never change, when they're walking, shopping, or whatever. This insinuates that Yui is a lonely person, therefore talks to these puppets and giving them names similar to hers.

Also, there are commonly dream-like auras during the series, the fluffy white borders. This can be her dream state, perhaps a relapse of memories before a traumatic incident that caused her hallucinations. Okaa-san, actually a school nurse, lets Yui use the Data Entry Club alone in order for her to forget her past for a while. Okaa-san also uses the whiteboard in order to figure out Yui's current train of thought. There are only two computers because there were never three people: just Yui and occasionally Okaa-san.

Another fact to point out: Her name is Yui Ichii, in English, if ignoring the correct Japanese characters for "Ichii," would translate to "only one." Also, if we take the title "Yuyushiki," again ignoring the correct Japanese spelling, it would translate to "evening demon." And of course, these puppets are the only "people" in the series with unnatural hair color in a realistic point of view. Is this all speculation? Pretty much. But I'd like to see this happen, with the last few episodes revealing Yui's mental trauma. A nice plot twist for those bored of the generic moe genre.

Larger picture

EPISODE 3 UPDATE

EPISODE 4 UPDATE

EPISODE 5 UPDATE

EPISODE 6 UPDATE

MANGA

OTHER

The only response possible for this mess of insanity

Note: i post this in line with the context of the thread and its content, don't take it too heart.
May 23, 2013 4:24 AM

Sep 2012
Well I didn't read the whole Thread but I don't know how you can justify that Yuzuko and Yukari can speak with Okâ-san in Episode 7^^

May 23, 2013 6:23 AM

Mar 2008
I think you missed something in episode 3, sorry if it's already mentioned but:

May 24, 2013 3:10 AM

Jun 2009
Radix865 said:
I think you missed something in episode 3, sorry if it's already mentioned but:

ohai Radix!
May 24, 2013 6:03 PM
Nov 2012
Well, this is like something that belongs on TvTropes.
Some mind-bending stuff, I'll say...

...to add my own WMG, maybe Yui Ichii is actually Yui Funami from YuruYuri.
Maybe one day, something happened to Yui's friends, (or everything got replaced in a new universe.)
If everything got replaced in a new universe that would also make sense, since Yui Funami was often portrayed as lonely in YuruYuri (living alone for example)

So this Yui Ichii is even lonlier than Yui Funami.
They are both voiced my Minami Tsuda, and both have a pink-haired friend voiced by Rumi Ookubo.
Perhaps Yuzuko is some sort of recreation/replacement of Chinatsu Yoshikawa, complete with the bi-curiousness/crush on Yui.
Yukari... I don't know, but her name both ending in "kari" reminds me a bit of Akari.

Hmm... "Yuyushiki" "YuruYuri" similar titles.
Same voice actors, really, it shouldn't be like Japan never noticed the similarities xD
(not saying my theory is involved, my theory is crap :p)
YuiChocoMay 24, 2013 6:15 PM
May 24, 2013 6:36 PM
May 2012
Doom1491 said:
Well I didn't read the whole Thread but I don't know how you can justify that Yuzuko and Yukari can speak with Okâ-san in Episode 7^^

Whenever Yukari and Yuzuko talk to people or are spoken to if you consider them puppets the people are just playing along with Yui who is speaking through them~
May 24, 2013 6:53 PM

Mar 2012
You could also say that those scenes play out in Yui's mind, who imagines her puppets having their own lives.

You can't really disprove or prove any theory, but you can argue about the strength (and puppet theory is pretty weak, as I think we can all agree).
LoneWolf said:
May 25, 2013 5:08 PM
Nov 2012
Hm. The way Yui acts almost seems just a bit...
Well, I mean the anger she often lashes out in. Maybe it's a side affect of her "condition".
Also, in episode 4, Yui mistook Yuzuko and Yukari's statement of "morning" ad "mourning", and Yui replies "I haven't been crying for anyone."
Perhaps. That was a lie. Maybe she says that to her puppets as a form of reassurement and denying she actually is sad over something or someone...
May 30, 2013 6:56 PM

Dec 2012
I almost fell from my chair when I got to this part:

When we're seeing it from the main trio's perspective, Yuzuko and Yukari are there with Yui and Aikawa, but once we are listening to the other girls' conversation, we no longer see the two imaginary friends.
TulicloureMay 30, 2013 7:00 PM
Jun 4, 2013 5:31 PM

Sep 2012
In episode 9 Yukari talks with girls other than Yui and Yuzuko in the hall while Yui and Yuzuko are in the classroom. But then the doll scene from manga volume 1 is shown in the previous for episode 10...
Jun 5, 2013 5:30 AM

May 2010
AS much as I wanted this theory to be canon,I actually don't care about it anymore. Sorry,alexpte I am starting to love the show for what it is. Still,it sounds cool:)
Jun 6, 2013 3:26 PM

May 2013
Pretty impressive theory.
Jun 6, 2013 7:54 PM
Mar 2012
You guys may have noticed that I kinda got lazy. I'll be updating as soon as possible.~

Also, the post now shows blanks instead of screenshots now because I have reached my bandwidth limit on my Photobucket account. It'll take time transferring them to other photo sharing sites, so please be patient with me. ^-^
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Yuyushiki Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 25, 2013

112 by katakumplat »»
Feb 16, 12:04 AM

Poll: » Yuyushiki Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 18, 2013

44 by katakumplat »»
Feb 11, 5:12 AM

Poll: » Yuyushiki Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 11, 2013

49 by katakumplat »»
Feb 7, 10:46 PM

Poll: » Yuyushiki Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 4, 2013

69 by katakumplat »»
Feb 5, 11:09 PM

Poll: » Yuyushiki Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - May 28, 2013

49 by katakumplat »»
Jan 28, 2:38 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.