Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 24, 2008 8:58 PM
Jun 2007
THIS IS AN MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
OMFG! Nishi, you are the best. this massacre you just committed is the best thing that's happened since Phase 2 started. though this doesn't seem like one of Nishi's whims. I'd bet that this has something to do with the Katastrophe since Nishi never really did anything unless points were involved. the explosion at the end seems more likely to lean towards the aliens rather than the police surrounding the area.
Dec 25, 2008 8:49 AM

Jul 2008
ahhh very interesting chapter even though I saw it coming. Yeah probably aliens on the last page.
Dec 25, 2008 12:23 PM

Nov 2007
oh shit nishi rocks!! finally an awesome chapter again^^
Dec 25, 2008 12:52 PM

Jan 2008

Yeah the gore is back.
I was hoping Nishi would give them a good beat down first,b4 he slaughtered them.

Dec 25, 2008 2:04 PM

Oct 2007
why did he hid his gun again? does his head blow if he shows it? O_o

anyways seems more like some sort of alien squad police to me ^^
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 25, 2008 4:36 PM
Dec 2008
Peralisc said:
why did he hid his gun again? does his head blow if he shows it? O_o

anyways seems more like some sort of alien squad police to me ^^

Na I doubt it...gantz already made them visible to the public so I think maybe he just hid it cause someone might try to take it from him.

The only thing I hated was that nishi didn't kill that girl, though I might have been sad if she died it was still disappointing cause it showed that Nishi is slowly turning into kurono ;_;
Dec 25, 2008 6:50 PM

Apr 2007
Newfound respect for Nishi.
Dec 25, 2008 9:19 PM

Jul 2008
temporary said:

I agree with you.
When I started reading GANTZ, I thought Nishi was some sort of an antagonist/insolent teenager. However, this chapter proves that he is a badass.
Dec 25, 2008 10:03 PM
Dec 2008
Liquidize said:
temporary said:

I agree with you.
When I started reading GANTZ, I thought Nishi was some sort of an antagonist/insolent teenager. However, this chapter proves that he is a badass.

lol he just killed a whole class of teenagers isn't that suppose to make him look like "an antagonist/insolent teenager" like you said :p
Dec 25, 2008 11:08 PM
Jul 2008
shi...t, i thought he was gonna slap them around for a bit,
but that was...omg..
last page...i want to know more..cant wait for next chapter
Dec 25, 2008 11:10 PM

Oct 2008
Who was Nishi talking to on the phone? I don't know much about police operations, but I doubt they would call his cell and tell him they were busting in. Hopefully the explosion has something to do with the Katastrophe or aliens. If that is the case, then it should get pretty exciting from here on out. Regardless, it appears that we have two or three more weekly releases to look forward to.
BeckMCSDec 25, 2008 11:14 PM
Dec 25, 2008 11:13 PM
Dec 2008
what was that thing coming thu the damn wall? a alien? a tank? i not sure what it was.
i hope it's a alien so he beat the hell out of it.
to little to late.

Dec 25, 2008 11:17 PM

Jul 2008
Sirch456 said:
Liquidize said:
temporary said:

I agree with you.

lol he just killed a whole class of teenagers isn't that suppose to make him look like "an antagonist/insolent teenager" like you said :p

The words that I said "antagonist/insolent" have a negative connotation since I didn't approved of him in the older chapters. But when I remarked that he's a badass, I view him with a positive opinion. :P
LiquidizeDec 25, 2008 11:31 PM
Dec 26, 2008 7:16 AM

Apr 2007
god, this is why I love gantz. great chapter.

also, was dat sum cliffhanga or wat
逃げちゃ駄目だ。
Dec 26, 2008 12:19 PM

Aug 2007
superjesus said:
what was that thing coming thu the damn wall? a alien? a tank? i not sure what it was.
i hope it's a alien so he beat the hell out of it.

It's the end of the world, it's actually this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sBe3WbvYKvA
Dec 26, 2008 9:30 PM

Jun 2008
Well as expected Nishi opened the gates of hell, nice spotlight for my fav character.
As for the explosion, I guess Earth's time is up already......
Dec 27, 2008 5:46 AM

Jan 2008

Haha.
"I'm starting to think mal is run by Xinil generating electricity on a bicycle." - idklol
Dec 27, 2008 1:59 PM
Apr 2007
ah good stuff as always, this is what I hoped for.

pretty obvious that he wouldn't kill the girl... wonder if she has a greater role.
Dec 28, 2008 9:56 AM

Jun 2008
Wow... Gantz is starting to catch my attention again. This is going to be epic. I like the last sentence in the chapter. 'The sound of the trumpet marks the end for the apocalyptic finale'.. God damn that is badass!
I'm back.
Dec 28, 2008 10:13 AM

Jul 2007
And some people thought he wouldn't do anything. Pwn.

Wtf with that end? Awesome chapter.
Dec 28, 2008 10:28 AM

Dec 2007
well done Nishi. but...
Sirch456 said:
The only thing I hated was that nishi didn't kill that girl, though I might have been sad if she died it was still disappointing cause it showed that Nishi is slowly turning into kurono ;_;

don't want more Tae to come.
it becomes a tradition.
first Kurono, than Izumi and now Nishi.
Gantz special "a whiner girl for all badasses".
Dec 29, 2008 3:34 PM
Dec 2008
"Owned" was the first thing that came in my mind after reading this xD
Nishi at his best xD
Maybe he needed to kill them to create a new army of Gantz-fodder for the big battle :P the more fodder-soldiers the better :D
Dec 30, 2008 11:23 AM

Jul 2007
Well, I was more than happy with this chapter to say the least. Looking forward to the next.
Dec 31, 2008 2:32 PM
Sep 2008
damn dude, freakin' gantz is getting so intense. all those other gantz in germany and like reika trying to make another kurono, she's goin' crazy! why cant kurono just have both of them? nishi shouldn't have killed the classmates though, maybe beat the shit out of them but, killing them and leaving the fat chick? thats like...getting shot at & dodging bullets only to find out after that you got aids from that chick the other night.
Dec 31, 2008 10:00 PM

Oct 2007
the killing was ok ... just ya who called him?

and those who moved in are probably the special police troops O_o
so thats why nishi asked "move in against a midschooler?"
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 2, 2009 11:01 AM

Jul 2008
They all deseved it. Trying to throw him to his death.
Their the ones that made him commit suicide in the frist place.
Ico
Jan 3, 2009 2:20 PM
Dec 2008
-Wolf- said:

lol nishi didn't commit suicide...he shoplifted and he fell off a building while running away

DarkSlasher said:
Nishi at his best xD
Maybe he needed to kill them to create a new army of Gantz-fodder for the big battle :P the more fodder-soldiers the better :D

and I doubt that's the reason nishi killed them, he hates to kids why would he give them the power of the gantz suit
Jan 11, 2009 11:02 AM

Feb 2008
This and chapter 287 were the most entertaining chapters I've read this month, in any manga!
Jan 19, 2009 2:41 PM
Jan 2009
Sirch456 said:
-Wolf- said:

lol nishi didn't commit suicide...he shoplifted and he fell off a building while running away

DarkSlasher said:
Nishi at his best xD

and I doubt that's the reason nishi killed them, he hates to kids why would he give them the power of the gantz suit

why do you think he shoplifted? he shoplifted becaused he wanted to kill himself (suicide) thus ended up in the magical world of GantZ. No one shoplifts for no reason if you think it clearer, Nishi doesn't really do such petty things without logic. Nishi has a higher intention whenever he acts. Nishi is Inteligiences, not to mention Oka Hachirou ( won 100, 7x) uses the same style technique as Nishi being Stealth and Devious but right now Nishi is a bit messing in this area...he survived 1 year using the Y-gun to teleport the monsters away to victory until the first appearance of Kei, he abandoned part of his tactic and become sloppy in this area now, still good for a 14yr old to be getting 75pt, and had 90pt previously.

He might not want to give the kids the power of the Gantz suits, but more of to let them witness a glimpse of what is going on before he kills them.
Jun 7, 2009 3:50 AM

Nov 2007
Is that the military taking action against him O_O but from everything that has happened so far I don't think I should be shocked.
Nov 30, 2010 12:15 AM

Aug 2007
see this is what happens for columbin and v-tech! bullying! piece of shit treat people nicer! Nishi ftw!
Apr 13, 2012 7:41 PM
Jan 2012
Nishi's Badassery has skyrocketed within a couple chapters
Nov 19, 2012 3:52 AM

Nov 2011
Nishi is awesome... nuff said.
Aug 11, 2013 11:07 AM

Nov 2009
Wait what? Wouldn't Gantz kill you if you used the technology to kill people? I thought that delinquent in the beginning got killed because of that (when he killed the people who killed him)
Dec 27, 2014 5:54 AM
Oct 2013
Sirch456 said:
-Wolf- said:

Cool story, bro. Your post is giving me cancer.

Pirating_Ninja said:
Wait what? Wouldn't Gantz kill you if you used the technology to kill people? I thought that delinquent in the beginning got killed because of that (when he killed the people who killed him)

No. Gantz wouldn't kill you as long as its "existence" never reach the public's awareness. Gantz is a secret organization after all. Leak of information can cause its own existence, operation and purpose to cease. So it eliminates any potential risk such as witness/es, or photo films. This is the sole reason as to why the yankee you're mentioning didn't die when he shot the yakuza.

The yakuza counts as a single witness but then he died so the potential evidence that can be linked to Gantz was eliminated. If he sold the gun to the yakuza instead of killing him, he would have his head burst without a doubt. Likewise, the yankee died on the next scene because there are multiple witnesses who were able to see the gun (potential risk).

This premise also supports why Tae-chan was chosen to be the next target (because of the camera film) despite being a human. That's also the reason as for why the Gantz member's head exploded after his picture was accidentally taken. To elaborate, he died because he failed, as a Gantz operative, to hide his identity. It's similar to a high profile assassination group killing its member whose identity has been leaked to police authorities because it risks the whole organization.

Of course, this is also connected as to why Kurono and the rest hides their gun inside their bags, and why Nishi hid the gun under his bag and started his killing spree.

Homicide won't make their head explode but being not discreet of it would do so. As for the suit, well... people would think they're cosplaying anyway.

However, with all that said, this rule was dismissed later since the scale of the aliens' attack slowly became global and being discreet on their operations hardly matters anymore.
ExplodingGirlDec 27, 2014 6:13 AM
Apr 10, 2015 6:45 AM
Jul 2018
"They're nothing but rotten garbage to me."

Well the world is going to end so fuck everything lmao
Mar 4, 2017 10:27 AM

Sep 2013
Yeah nevermind, that's going a bit too far.
Apr 1, 2017 7:35 PM

Nov 2011
lol at people calling a psychopath cool and badass but thats what you get with dumb author students trying to kill someone on the turn of a page no reason,and him killing all of them for just gore and more action ,yeah thats awsome (ps i love the manga first time second got weaker and im starting to hate the author)
- Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until they speak.

- The biggest challenge in life is being yourself… In a world trying to make you like everyone else
Sep 14, 2017 8:18 PM

Dec 2015
That was satisfying as fuck, although I'd prefer it if he beat the crap out of everyone instead of killing them.
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Nov 7, 2017 11:45 AM

Apr 2016
becool said:
lol at people calling a psychopath cool and badass but thats what you get with dumb author students trying to kill someone on the turn of a page no reason,and him killing all of them for just gore and more action ,yeah thats awsome (ps i love the manga first time second got weaker and im starting to hate the author)

english please ???
Nov 19, 2017 3:43 AM
May 2012
Liquidize said:
temporary said:

I agree with you.

i like how he killed them, but respect? you seriously respect a murderer? this is your definition of badass?
Jan 2, 2020 9:02 AM

May 2016
Man, all those students might not have their heads in one piece anymore but if they were using it in the first place, all of that definitely wouldn't have happened. He had to endure everything he went through in addition to getting thrown off a fucking building and having people come forward to beat him up after he returned to the room while chanting "Kill him!". If they didn't see that coming, then they're dumbasses.

The end's approaching anyway so he might as well enjoy it.

Sep 5, 2020 5:47 PM

Jan 2011
this is why i love Gantz

the world is gonna end anyways so ill just fuck some bitches up
Mar 25, 2021 4:57 PM

Nov 2016
World is going to end anyway, so why not have some fun xD

Don't feel bad for them at all. Also how stupid do have to be to provoke tue person that just killed everyone lol

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jun 14, 2022 7:10 AM
Feb 2022
Un capitulo muy satisfactorio. Se lo merecían.
Feb 15, 9:50 AM

Jan 2020
This chapter sparks joy...

More topics from this board

Poll: » Gantz Chapter 83 Discussion

becool - Jun 17, 2013

9 by Blazinnie »»
Apr 17, 7:31 PM

» Gantz Deluxe Edition

Mila91 - Apr 8

4 by Sagepool »»
Apr 8, 11:01 PM

Poll: » Gantz Chapter 22 Discussion

KitaTsuki - Nov 17, 2012

6 by selasgamer »»
Mar 29, 6:59 AM

Poll: » Gantz Chapter 21 Discussion

BackLashWave - Jan 14, 2012

6 by selasgamer »»
Mar 29, 6:54 AM

Poll: » Gantz Chapter 20 Discussion

KitaTsuki - Nov 17, 2012

6 by selasgamer »»
Mar 29, 6:49 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.