Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Apr 24, 2013 2:43 AM
Apr 2013
Sorry, just joined MAL and I'm not sure where I should post this.

I just finished this anime and it's probably the best one I've seen in a while, I find it so good that it's depressing.
What should I do? I've probably watched 80% of the anime in my favorite genres and the rest seem boring to me. What do you guys do once you finish an amazing anime, because all I feel like doing is to sit here and be depressed that I will probably never find an anime I like more then this.
Apr 24, 2013 2:46 AM
May 2010
Post here http://myanimelist.net/forum/?board=16

Baka Test
Cuticle Detective Inaba
- will certainly brighten your day.
Apr 24, 2013 10:58 PM

May 2012
strp0t said:

I just finished this anime and it's probably the best one I've seen in a while, I find it so good that it's depressing.
What should I do? I've probably watched 80% of the anime in my favorite genres and the rest seem boring to me. What do you guys do once you finish an amazing anime, because all I feel like doing is to sit here and be depressed that I will probably never find an anime I like more then this.

It's called PADS or Post Anime Depression Syndrome. You should fill out your anime list so people can see what you have seen and recommend other good anime to you. I really enjoyed Sakurasou too and I put it among my top anime just because of the feels I got from it. Since you already said you have seen all anime in your genre I bet you have already seen it but I would highly recommend Clannad and Clannad After Story if you haven't seen it.

It terms of the new anime season I would recommend Hentai Ōji to Warawanai Neko or as it is known in English, the Hentai Prince and the Stony Cat. It's also being done by J.C. Staff (who did Sakurasou) and it has signs of being pretty dang good with just two episodes into the season. Other J.C. Staff shows I would highly recommend include Little Busters! and Toradora
Apr 24, 2013 11:43 PM
Apr 2013
dchoy said:
strp0t said:

It's called PADS or Post Anime Depression Syndrome. You should fill out your anime list so people can see what you have seen and recommend other good anime to you. I really enjoyed Sakurasou too and I put it among my top anime just because of the feels I got from it. Since you already said you have seen all anime in your genre I bet you have already seen it but I would highly recommend Clannad and Clannad After Story if you haven't seen it.

It terms of the new anime season I would recommend Hentai Ōji to Warawanai Neko or as it is known in English, the Hentai Prince and the Stony Cat. It's also being done by J.C. Staff (who did Sakurasou) and it has signs of being pretty dang good with just two episodes into the season. Other J.C. Staff shows I would highly recommend include Little Busters! and Toradora

Glad to know i'm not alone and thanks for replying, I will definitely watch all 3 of those anime now! Although for clannad I've heard its very boring and slow, is this true?
strp0tApr 24, 2013 11:50 PM
Apr 24, 2013 11:44 PM

Feb 2012
strp0t said:
dchoy said:
strp0t said:

Glad to know i'm not alone and thanks for replying, I will definitely watch all 3 of those anime now!

Trust me there is always something amazing around the corner.
Apr 25, 2013 9:37 AM

May 2012
strp0t said:
dchoy said:
strp0t said:

Glad to know i'm not alone and thanks for replying, I will definitely watch all 3 of those anime now! Although for clannad I've heard its very boring and slow, is this true?

If you liked Sakurasou you should like Clannad since it falls within the drama, comedy, slice of life genre. You just have to make sure to watch both Clannad (season 1) and Clannad After Story (season 2).

I honestly didn't think it was boring. I mean would the number 4 anime ranked on MAL be boring and slow?! It's also my number one anime and I've watched like 70 series or something. It's praised by many but expect to shed some tears along the way. Everyone I have talked to have cried watching Clannad because it's just that powerful.
Apr 25, 2013 10:43 AM

Dec 2012
dchoy said:
highly recommend Clannad and Clannad After Story if you haven't seen it.

Do that as well as watch angel beats, You might also like shakugan no shana and soul eater for some action anime. Higurashi is a good mystery anime and you might like Gosick as well. Welcome to the forum
Apr 25, 2013 11:46 AM

Feb 2012
Watch Toradora
Apr 25, 2013 11:53 AM

Mar 2013
Yeah agreed, you will probably like it

MikuFlanKonata said:
Watch Toradora
Apr 25, 2013 10:00 PM
Apr 2013
dchoy said:
strp0t said:
dchoy said:
strp0t said:

If you liked Sakurasou you should like Clannad since it falls within the drama, comedy, slice of life genre. You just have to make sure to watch both Clannad (season 1) and Clannad After Story (season 2).

I honestly didn't think it was boring. I mean would the number 4 anime ranked on MAL be boring and slow?! It's also my number one anime and I've watched like 70 series or something. It's praised by many but expect to shed some tears along the way. Everyone I have talked to have cried watching Clannad because it's just that powerful.

I see. I will also have to give this a try then, thanks again! Your replies are much appreciated ^_^
Apr 25, 2013 10:33 PM

Apr 2013
Yes, try out Toradora!

Sakurasou gave me similar vibes reminding me of Toradora

Maybe also check out Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai!
Apr 26, 2013 9:26 PM

Oct 2012
yeah, clannad was a great show. I'm honestly skeptical of recommending it though because it will create an even bigger depression than sakurasou. After finishing sakurasou, I needed to watch something light hearted, and hentai ouji did the trick. I would also recommend Toradora, seto no hanayome, and chuunibyou demo koi ga shitai. IMO, they're all great shows.
AnimeHAwk616Apr 26, 2013 9:45 PM
Apr 26, 2013 9:31 PM

May 2012
AnimeHAwk616 said:
yeah, clannad was a great show. I'm honestly skeptical of recommending it though because it will create an even bigger depression than sakurasou. After finishing sakurasou, I needed to watch something light hearted, and hentai ouji did the trick. I would also recommend Toradora, and chuunibyou demo koi ga shitai. IMO, they're all great shows.

^ Gintama is the best anime you can watch to relieve depression.
Apr 27, 2013 7:17 PM
Oct 2008
Cresando said:
AnimeHAwk616 said:
yeah, clannad was a great show. I'm honestly skeptical of recommending it though because it will create an even bigger depression than sakurasou. After finishing sakurasou, I needed to watch something light hearted, and hentai ouji did the trick. I would also recommend Toradora, and chuunibyou demo koi ga shitai. IMO, they're all great shows.

No it's not. It's not even funny.
Apr 28, 2013 2:13 AM

Oct 2012
Cresando said:
AnimeHAwk616 said:

the best in your opinion but not sure about others...

on topic : you can sleep and when you open your eyes s2 probably would come... XD

May 1, 2013 11:59 AM
Jul 2018
Here is my question. Since the light novels are not finished (and a lot of things are unresolved i mean we just got new characters) will there be a part two to the Anime?
May 1, 2013 12:16 PM

Nov 2010
DLshoujofan said:
Here is my question. Since the light novels are not finished (and a lot of things are unresolved i mean we just got new characters) will there be a part two to the Anime?
No it's not been announced at all. There's always a chance, but it's the same for every other anime that ends before the source material.
May 4, 2013 10:23 PM

May 2012
Clannad
Toradora
Kanon
Welcome to the NHK
Bakemonogatari
May 7, 2013 9:46 PM

May 2013
dchoy said:
strp0t said:

Yep I have the same feels.. Really looking for a second season though. High Hopes :D
Tch.
May 8, 2013 6:51 PM

Aug 2011
Hataraku Maou sama!
same amount of fun although the emotional level isn't sakurasou level since it isn't a serious show

♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥
Aug 21, 2014 1:04 AM

Aug 2014
Read the LN, even tough you know whats going to happen it is still great and once you start you wont stop
On Baka-tsuki there is currently a translation, so look it up

More topics from this board

Poll: » Best Girl

Shizuna - Mar 23, 2022

29 by Mochi_i »»
Mar 31, 10:42 AM

Poll: » Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Mar 25, 2013

639 by JoaoPedru »»
Mar 25, 12:24 AM

Poll: » Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 11, 2013

227 by JoaoPedru »»
Mar 24, 11:43 PM

Poll: » Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 24, 2012

319 by Fadhil01dx »»
Feb 24, 4:09 PM

Poll: » Shiina vs Aoyama ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Genomax - Nov 13, 2012

490 by rishamr »»
Feb 19, 11:06 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.