Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Oct 3, 2013 11:34 PM

Oct 2012
Really enjoyed Kodomo No Jikan as a whole, and got that feeling where you feel empty after completing an anime or manga that you really loved.
The ending was alright, it felt complete.

Oct 5, 2013 9:40 PM
Dec 2011
I wasn't ok with this when i read it the first time but i think i was just in denial. I still could have done without the attempted sex but as a whole i think it was a good end now we need a nice extra. Rin finally hitting her growth spurt in college and Kurochan starting to date a guy that looks like Oyajima and Aoki mixed. Mimi and Reiji living together. Thats all that i need then i'll be happy witht he series
Dec 9, 2013 1:41 PM
Dec 2013
How long do you guys think it would take to read all of the Chapters? (In minutes)

Thanks--
Dec 22, 2013 9:07 PM

Apr 2011
Wow. This author really doesn't know how to hold back.

I can honestly say that I wasn't expecting Rin to be a loli in high school, given the imaginary teenager Rin that was built up over the whole manga. And, for lack of a better word, I was pretty flabbergasted. Although I don't entirely love that sort of ending, I commend the mangaka for having the balls to do that.

Great manga overall. Aoki is a great protagonist and Kuro and Mimi were great side characters.

9/10
PurpleYamDec 29, 2013 10:36 AM
Dec 26, 2013 12:09 AM
Dec 2013
i don't if it's because i love lolis, but for me, this wouldn't have a better end. the only thing that i didn't like was that kuro became bigger than rin, and i expected her to be a lesbian .-.
but overall 10/10, and end 12/10
Jan 4, 2014 11:55 AM

Jan 2011
Surprised that Rin didn't really grow much in high school but who cares?
Still loved that end.

That Aoki x Rin scene really gave of a very sweet vibe.
It's really great to see them change when they graduated from elementary school and yet knowing that some things still never change. Really touching IMO.
I mainly see the animes... so don't blame me for not knowing about the Manga/LN
Jan 20, 2014 9:35 PM

Apr 2012
OneMore said:
RockerXD said:
The author really should've avoided the lolicon look, but oh well.

Why? I think what she did was a big "fuck you" to all moralfags. A good thing after she seemingly indulged them with a time-skip.
(also, I like petite girls ^_^)

This. Also, why the fuck would anyone read through 92 chapters of a manga that is clearly made to appeal to lolicons, and then complain?
Aug 21, 2014 8:55 PM

Sep 2008
I'm not sure why so many people are upset about the sex scene. It's not like this story has ever been G-rated. I thought the franchise stayed true to form and I liked the ending. Although it was totally unrealistic that they hadn't seen each other in 3 years, living in the same general area. Still this IMO is the Greatest Loli Story Ever Told, and it's a pretty damn good story even if you throw out all the fanservice. Really it's one of the best mangas I've ever read. 5 stars here.
Sep 30, 2014 10:23 PM

Aug 2007
Great series overall. I don't even know how I picked up on this series, but I was really impressed and surprised by how mature the story became. I thought it was another throwaway ecchi kind of work, but I was definitely wrong. good end
Oct 19, 2014 2:09 AM

Sep 2014
I really wish they would have dealt w/ the others in chapter 93, & then had a 94th chapter dealing entirely w/ Rin and Aoki's reunion, but I enjoyed the chapter none the less.

I'm very glad I decided to try this manga afterall. Enjoyed the ride, & disappointed that another fun series has ended.

*Added* Re-read the manga and, once again, there was only one thing that I really disliked, hated even, and that is that Houin begins the manga single and ends it single. Somewhat creepy Reiji and even frigid Mrs. I-push-everyone-away Shirai find someone, but sweet, fun, outgoing Houin doesn't?! And she doesn't even appear in the final chapter! It would have been nice if they would have at least hinted at the end that she'd found somebody.
CasyleFeb 10, 2015 12:30 AM
Nov 18, 2014 4:06 PM

Nov 2014
I have to say, this was one of the best Animes i have ever read, and that's because: i like the way, in the first chapter. Aoki seams to be afraid and insecure. Everyone could told him what to do, and by the time he had arrived, everything was terrible. Everything was wrong. He could fix everything by himself, and become a marvel principal. I really liked the end of the history. Aoki fixed Rin's life, and that's it. I'm glad that i continues to read that because of the jokes.. i could find a real good Anime. If someone find something else about it. Please report me!
PeacexSignSep 6, 2017 7:19 PM
"A man has a choice, I chose the impossible. I built a city where the artists would not fear the censor, where the great would not be constrained by the small, where the scientist would not be bound by petty morality. I chose to build Rapture. But my city was betrayed by the weak. So I ask you my friend, if your life were the prize, would you kill the innocent? Would you sacrifice your humanity?"
―Andrew Ryan
Nov 24, 2014 8:34 AM

Nov 2014
I know that it has a beautiful open ending but I'd still want to have an extra chapter or two dedicated on what happens next because 'They lived happily ever after' rarely occurs. Also, I just want questions answered :p

Will Aoki and Rin start living together now? --> if so, what happens to Reiji?
Will they get married? --> if so, when? who pops the question?
who will they ask to join the marriage festivities? (would be quite awkward to be asking his former colleagues, especially Hoin-sensei)

it is an open to interpretation ending so I'd like to know your answers to these questions :)
Jan 7, 2015 3:11 PM
Oct 2009
Ah, this was a great read
Jun 2, 2015 12:32 PM
Jun 2015
I have the 94th chapter for anyone who wanted a little more KnJ in their lives. It's a short chapter that revolves around Kuro and Mimi finding out that Rin slept with Aoki.

Btw I really loved the last chapter. They could've made Rin a tad bit older and still kept the loli look but I like the big "fuck you" to moralfags that we got instead by completely staying true to Rin being a loli.
Jun 2, 2015 3:54 PM

Dec 2008
gayfishy said:
I have the 94th chapter for anyone who wanted a little more KnJ in their lives. It's a short chapter that revolves around Kuro and Mimi finding out that Rin slept with Aoki.

That chapter is a part of Kodomo no Jikan: Houkago
http://myanimelist.net/manga/54713/Kodomo_no_Jikan:_Houkago
which is a 1 volume bonus to KnJ (most of the stuff in there is just reused chapters and omakes though, there is only a few really new things like the chapter you spoke about).

BTW - welcome on MAL ;)
New profile design sucks.
Jul 26, 2015 10:56 PM

Apr 2012
This manga was awesome, I totally loved it and I am glad I got the ending I wished for, both coming together. Sensei is kissing Rin and even having sex with her. I hoped for something like that to happen the first time they were in the love hotel and to keep their relationship secret (and maybe getting in trouble?) but it was never an official thing. God thanks Watashiya let them become a couple and I am not even mad that she still had the lolicon appearance but I have to admit I would have liked to seen a more adult Rin after the 3 years timeskip, but it's ok :)
Nov 11, 2015 11:05 PM

Oct 2012
Karharot said:
gayfishy said:

which is a 1 volume bonus to KnJ (most of the stuff in there is just reused chapters and omakes though, there is only a few really new things like the chapter you spoke about).

BTW - welcome on MAL ;)
Where can I find this? I looked online a bit but failed miserably.
Nov 12, 2015 7:29 AM
Jun 2015
Karharot said:
gayfishy said:

BTW - welcome on MAL ;)

Thank you very much!
Jan 23, 2016 6:37 AM

Sep 2013
Aoki thing is bigger than Rin Lol
That sex scene is surprising.
I hope we have better story for Boin sensei. I like her so much
Jul 25, 2016 7:18 AM
Jul 2016
Its disappointing how it ends
I think that the japanese people likes lolis or kids or children or WTF!
I think that the best or normal ending it will be if sensei just keep it up with houin sensei and its all done cuz i mean teacher with a Children wow bruh! Stap over there!
Personally... i dont like children
Jul 26, 2016 1:28 AM

Dec 2008
Isamurexomg said:
Its disappointing how it ends
I think that the japanese people likes lolis or kids or children or WTF!

Japanese people like cute things, whether or not you label children as one of them is up to you (personally I think they are too loud and annoying for that and I prefer to be as far away from any of them as I can), but I don't think this is about it in this case.
The Aoki & Rin thing in KnJ was more about Star-Crossed type of love (a theme which I like) and about the fact that Aoki was attracted to Rin because of her personality and despite her being a child.
And as for the ending it was probably more of a middle finger to all the morality guardians bashing at such stuff than anything else.
New profile design sucks.
Dec 18, 2016 9:25 AM

Feb 2014
Finally this is over...

They dragged for about 70 chapters and did a rushed ending with many things open... to vary.

*sigh*
TechOtakuDec 18, 2016 9:29 AM
Jan 14, 2017 6:36 PM

Jan 2014
the ending made me cry. This was an amazing manga. At first it just seemed like a generic ecchi manga, but I was wrong. It became so deep, and multilayered as the chapters rolled by

I would have liked it better if Rin grew more like the others, but It's still okay I guess

Easily lands in my favorites
Jan 19, 2017 9:41 AM

Oct 2016
DoctorWasabi said:
the ending made me cry. This was an amazing manga. At first it just seemed like a generic ecchi manga, but I was wrong. It became so deep, and multilayered as the chapters rolled by

I would have liked it better if Rin grew more like the others, but It's still okay I guess

Easily lands in my favorites
10/10 manga. perfection.
Oct 4, 2018 11:36 AM

Apr 2016
I'm so glad everyone ended up happy. Even though some characters didn't have insanely well explored subplots, everything got wrapped up well by this ending.
Jan 31, 2019 10:57 AM

Mar 2017
I am a little bit disappointed it just ended like that, but not because it was bad. It's just that they could have done even more with it. I don't mind her still looking like a loli, not only is it just a manga and doesn't have to be realistic, but there's plenty of people in real life who still look young / "immature" even in their teens. So it IS realistic.

I am glad it ended on a happy note though! I guess if I could change one thing, I'd like for it to explore REiji's change of heart a bit more. It went a bit too fast from "plans to kill himself" to "happy father figure". Whatever.

I'll give it an 8/10 for now, maybe I'll lower it to a 7/10 at some point. But it was great, especially the comedy and ecchi parts!

Jun 5, 2019 7:11 AM

Mar 2019
cptlee39 said:
I am a little bit disappointed it just ended like that, but not because it was bad. It's just that they could have done even more with it. I don't mind her still looking like a loli, not only is it just a manga and doesn't have to be realistic, but there's plenty of people in real life who still look young / "immature" even in their teens. So it IS realistic.

I am glad it ended on a happy note though! I guess if I could change one thing, I'd like for it to explore REiji's change of heart a bit more. It went a bit too fast from "plans to kill himself" to "happy father figure". Whatever.

I'll give it an 8/10 for now, maybe I'll lower it to a 7/10 at some point. But it was great, especially the comedy and ecchi parts!

I feel the progression more or less stopped after the dramatic moment where Aoki admits to himself more so than to Houin that he's in love with Rin. After that it was just slice of life without development until suddenly this.

Time skip, all the characters end up mending most of their broken qualities in those three years which the reader didn't get to see and legal loli sex scene to finish it off.

I feel maybe those 20-ish slice-of-life chapters should have instead have been spent on those three years and I also think it's a bit incredulous that Aoki and Rin did not speak for those three years at all. It would maybe be better if we actually got to see all of them (Not just Reizi, Kuro and Mimi also changed a lot) become better men with Rin and Aoki meeting up occasionally to talk.

It is obvious that "obscenity" is not a term capable of exact legal definition; in the practice of the courts, it means "anything that shocks the magistrate".

— Bertrand Russell
Aug 28, 2019 3:56 AM
Oct 2014
Takala said:
why are u guys hating so much shes 16 and i do believe thats an legal age to marry in japan <_>

He knows her since she's 9.
cecropiamoth said:
I agree with what onemore said:
"I think what she did was a big "fuck you" to all moralfags. A good thing after she seemingly indulged them with a time-skip."

I'm afraid, as American puritanism spreads (via restrictions imposed by the part of Google that pays owners of sites to run ads), we will never see another story like it.

Marriages between adults and 13/14 year-olds were commonplace during most of USA's existence.
Aug 28, 2019 9:52 AM
Sep 2011
It was obvious what happened. Enraged Puritans in the USA had been putting pressure on Japan to ban any suggestion of, or approach to, lolicon in manga and anime, and Japan buckled and sent orders down to publishers to "clean up" their offerings. The publisher of Kodomo no Jikan passed the pressure on to the author. Japan has always buckled under to the USA easily, ever since WWII.

It must have been heartbreaking for the author. She at last had a highly successful, long-running manga. She could have told the further story of those characters whom so many of us loved through many volumes all the way to the story of Rin in college.

Instead, they ordered her to wind it up fast and she did.
Feb 26, 2020 9:51 AM
Jan 2020
It was fun. Hits every note of my soul. I'm horrified of the prospect of not having things like this in the future.
Mar 25, 2020 5:28 PM

May 2016
Really thougth this would just be ecchi... Boy, was I wrong.
It gave me sorta the same feeling I got from Magical Doremi... And I love that show.

Kodomo no Jikan is really special. It was a good read, if you haven't read it yet, give it a go!
May 6, 2020 8:02 PM

Nov 2012
an ok ending for me. at the last minute he pulled a complete stop on the manga. too bad I want to see more aoki and rin relationship.
May 7, 2020 10:50 PM
May 2020
As much as I loved this series, I was quite unsatisfied the ending... It seems so much that there were outside forces imposing a hard deadline. After so much development and conflict and character study the "all three girls move in with their fifth grade lolita crushes" seems weak and simple. I agree with the established minority on most of these points, and I agree especially with #77; there's no way Aoki refuses to engage with Rin for 3+ full years!

Also, Reiji+Mimi is a fail. After all his discovery of his own PTSD he would never have let Mimi suffer on his behalf... He knows her to well (abandoned by father, cheated by mother, etc.) he would be aware by this time that a relationship between them would be doomed to unhappiness and would want a better future for her. As real as this series has been, it's also real that the crushes people have at 11yo rarely if ever work out.

I can see Aoki+Rin being the exception but as much as was made of the beauty of her mother (such an important and touching part of the story for me) it seems it would have been a wonderful reward for Aoki's strict patience to get some of that. Ok, maybe Rin is just a late bloomer, but it just throws a bucket of water on the realness our dear mangkana put so much work into.

And Kuro?! All we get to see is that she's taller than Rin now, and she is babysitting for Shirai Sensi? That's It? Really? And Hoin has gone back to Uni get her Masters... hmm.

Another commentor suggested that Kaworu Watashiya must have been heartbroken to be forced to cut this off so brutally, and I have to agree. I was thinking at chapter 90 that it would take another 10 chapters (to make a neat 100) to tie up all the story lines in the same loving and rewarding manner in which they were set up and worked through... how could this possibly all end in just 3? Well, I guess, this is how. Meh.

I've raised daughters, and was active in their youth... knew their friends and classmates. And so deeply did this series pull at my heart as I saw young people I knew, cared for, and watched grow in these characters. The same truth shown in the first 91 chapters just didn't happen in the last two.

Color me disappointed.

Sep 2, 2020 4:53 AM

Sep 2020
I absolutely loved this manga, I found it because of all the outrage and came to love the characters and writing. One of the best romance stories ever.

Chapter 93 felt rushed but overall this series is 10/10, legit cried when it was over.
Oct 20, 2020 11:01 AM
Oct 2020
Nothing but love and respect for this incredible manga and for the deep message behind it.

As much of an amazing read this was, while so was the ending but I really wished for the ending to be a bit more "sweeter" and emotional than how it was.

As someone mentioned, Chapter 93 should've been reserved for all the other characters and a very special Chapter 94 dedicated ONLY to Rin and Aoki.

Regardless, I still absolutely love the ending, but some added emotional elements to it, or some added surprise for Rin that Aoki finally confesses his love for her that she's been waiting for, for years would've been quite a cherry on top of the icing.

Can't lie though, it did make me shed a tear towards the end. It's the realization that hits ya when you know something as incredible as this that you love so much is ending, and there won't probably EVER be anything quite like Komodo no Jikan.

Well, I guess that's life. I'll forever be extremely glad that it existed. I truly respect and thank the author for her contribution of this precious manga.

"Just like the passage of time, we continue to flow... Now and forever more..."
May 23, 2022 9:28 PM

Feb 2011
pelisita1 said:
Really thougth this would just be ecchi... Boy, was I wrong.
It gave me sorta the same feeling I got from Magical Doremi... And I love that show.

Kodomo no Jikan is really special. It was a good read, if you haven't read it yet, give it a go!

Yes, I really enjoy reading this manga: Aoki x Kokonoe is definitely my favorite pair: I'm so happy they became a couple at the end: I wish the mangaka would made this story a little more longer after Kokonoe graduates from high school and I do imagine Aoki would proposal to her as her graduation present. I'm so glad I had a chance to read this manga. :)
Jul 5, 2022 8:05 AM
Dec 2019
from the first chapter , the mangaka amazed me of her genius in writing and the plot of the story. She even introduced many things and issues that I personally experienced, especially as she focused on childhood issues.
But the end? I read a work similar to this, but the writer made the end that each of them took their own path
and that would be better to me
but it is an amazing work to read
Jan 22, 2023 2:51 PM

Dec 2022
Somewhat better than the anime, mostly because it's slightly more detailed and longer. It's very competently written and vibrant, has interesting characterisation, developed sub-plots, and good humour. I think this series would surprise people with how much it respects itself, given the premise.

This last chapter has a bit of a frenetic pace to it though. I felt like the timeskip here should've been stretched into more than one chapter, so that things could wrap up more succinctly. The principal sub-plot also felt like it was shoved in late to progress Aoki and Rin's relationship in one leap. Besides that, it's easy to say that this is an excellent manga with a lot of heart put into it.

Shaded Horizon

Oct 28, 2023 4:57 PM

May 2010
Maaaan. I knew perfectly well I was getting into loli manga, but honestly Rin looking 12 even in high school was just disappointing, meh.

Some parts of this manga were pretty good, like Reiji going from pedo man-child into almost normally functioning member of society, Shiro-chan's storyline was also pretty decent... even if sometimes a little repetitive.

Dunno, from the start to finish I couldn't get into the romance part. I liked how mangaka was showcasing the traumas, them affecting people's lives and even sexualities... But when combined with all the goofy ecchi content, often it felt just awkward? At times I was just either confused or even put off. And well, that didn't really feel that good. Wasn't the manga for me, that's it I guess. Really enjoyed mangaka's artstyle though, and I'd love to read more about Kuro-chan's lesbian adventures.

tl;dr I'd rather have my lolis legal age. 6/10
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kodomo no Jikan Chapter 57 Discussion

Kokujin-kun - Jan 22, 2010

18 by mazuchi »»
Jan 17, 3:12 PM

Poll: » Kodomo no Jikan Chapter 35 Discussion

Faust721 - Mar 22, 2008

12 by Fake_Saffron »»
Oct 27, 2023 1:27 AM

Poll: » Kodomo no Jikan Chapter 86 Discussion

Kokujin-kun - Aug 23, 2012

20 by Potimas »»
Oct 26, 2023 6:44 PM

Poll: » Kodomo no Jikan Chapter 64 Discussion

Kokujin-kun - Aug 21, 2010

9 by Kitsu-nee »»
Oct 12, 2023 1:43 PM

Poll: » Kodomo no Jikan Chapter 84 Discussion

Kokujin-kun - Jun 22, 2012

19 by Punkero »»
Apr 23, 2023 6:25 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.