Forum Settings
Forums
Sword Art Online (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
Apr 21, 2013 8:24 PM

Mar 2013
Hello, I was wondering if anyone knew when the first light novel would be released in english, I would like to pick it up and read but I don't really feel like reading it online, I would much rather wait for it to be release in book form in english. Since I don't speak Japanese I have no other choice but to wait and buy the book once it's released online. So yeah if anyone knows I would love to know. Thanks!
Apr 22, 2013 5:48 AM

Aug 2012
Hey There, Light Novels don't really get released in English. The only light novel that has been released in English that I know of is Shakugan no shana but due to low sale they stop after volume 3? 4? something like that. Only the Japanese "version" is out at the moment the only way to read them is to learn Japanese or go read it online but if you have e-book, i-device or something like that you could download them and read them like that. Sorry but that's all I can say
"You're making too much of me. All I am these days, is the poor owner of a small time candy store."-Kisuke Urahara
Apr 22, 2013 6:02 PM

Mar 2013
QwaserLi said:
Hey There, Light Novels don't really get released in English. The only light novel that has been released in English that I know of is Shakugan no shana but due to low sale they stop after volume 3? 4? something like that. Only the Japanese "version" is out at the moment the only way to read them is to learn Japanese or go read it online but if you have e-book, i-device or something like that you could download them and read them like that. Sorry but that's all I can say

mhhh.. Really? Theres bunch of light novels that have been released in english, although it is a few years after the original release. Like Haruhi Suzumiya, zero no tsukaima, Ookami to Koushinryou, Toradora! to name a few, but there is a lot more.
Apr 22, 2013 6:11 PM

Apr 2012
http://www.baka-tsuki.org/project/index.php?title=Sword_Art_Online
^currently it's pretty much the best thing you can read it from. VIZ's CEO did say he had faith in light novel, considering SAO was pretty popular out of Japan we might expect a release some time soon, but that being said, it has yet to be license by any English distributor.
Apr 22, 2013 6:18 PM

Mar 2013
Mike_the_Great said:
http://www.baka-tsuki.org/project/index.php?title=Sword_Art_Online
^currently it's pretty much the best thing you can read it from. VIZ's CEO did say he had faith in light novel, considering SAO was pretty popular out of Japan we might expect a release some time soon, but that being said, it has yet to be license by any English distributor.

I guess Ill just wait and see if anything happens with that, if not Ill have to resort to reading it online.
Aug 25, 2013 2:49 AM
Feb 2012
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2013-08-23/yen-press-adds-sword-art-online-accel-world-light-novels-more-madoka-magica-manga

It's good because now both series get proper translations. But it's really bad for those who've followed the "unofficial" releases up until now because baka-tsuki will take down both AW and SAO's translations once their respective first volumes in English get released. So go 'n grab them before it's too late.
The release of atomic energy has not created a new problem. It has merely made more urgent the necessity of solving an existing one. - Albert Einstein
Aug 25, 2013 8:33 PM

Oct 2011
Man.. just started reading the LNs a month ago D:
I got to volume 6 so far and was really happy that it was only half of the current volumes available.. are they going to translate until volume 1 gets released or are they just keeping the translations online until then? I sure hope they would be able to translate the 13th volume before the time runs out..

I'll probably buy the English releases if the price is reasonable, but it will take ages until they are up to date, so I want to at least get everything available now.
Aug 25, 2013 10:00 PM
Apr 2009
RiukixD said:
Man.. just started reading the LNs a month ago D:
I got to volume 6 so far and was really happy that it was only half of the current volumes available.. are they going to translate until volume 1 gets released or are they just keeping the translations online until then? I sure hope they would be able to translate the 13th volume before the time runs out..

I'll probably buy the English releases if the price is reasonable, but it will take ages until they are up to date, so I want to at least get everything available now.

No news on if they will continue til the first volume is relesed. I will get them also if the price is good. If the books are released like the Haruhi Suzumiya Light Novels, also released by Yen Press, the hardcover will be $15 and paperback will be $9. Since prices have been rising for manga and such recently, especially from Yen Press, they could be $1-2 more, though.
Aug 28, 2013 9:19 AM
Jun 2013
I think that was a so-so thing for Yen Press to do, i do wished that they could have chosen something more appealing like either The Pet Girl of Sakurasou, Gosick, Durarara!, Oreimo, The Devil Is a Part-Timer! or Kokoro Connect?

Oh well, i just want to say that i'm okay with that.

More topics from this board

» Stuff that made you lower your score/rating? [Spoilers]

Kazu-chan-san - Feb 17

7 by RobertBobert »»
Feb 18, 10:26 AM

» Still feels rushed

Cneq - Nov 14, 2022

7 by Saynarra »»
Jan 19, 4:08 PM

Poll: » Sword Art Online Volume 4 Chapter 9 Discussion

Shadow_Strider - Dec 4, 2012

2 by eleonora_43 »»
Oct 14, 2023 4:23 AM

» Continue the LN after the last season

baltazak - Apr 5, 2023

2 by Anayan_Kashyap »»
Oct 13, 2023 2:52 AM

Poll: » Sword Art Online Chapter 2 Discussion

Kiba_Senpai - Nov 27, 2022

0 by Kiba_Senpai »»
Nov 27, 2022 4:20 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.