Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
The Flowers of Evil
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Apr 20, 2013 5:17 AM
Apr 2011
Kasuga should've burned those clothes. Even if Nakamura reveals that he is the culprit, nobody will believe her.
Apr 20, 2013 5:46 AM

Nov 2010
UnbornMVs said:
I died in more than one way.

Excepting these horrible things:

There was the mustachioed butch that Kasuga passed by.
soulassassin547Apr 20, 2013 9:44 AM
I play, the haters lose.
Apr 20, 2013 6:37 AM

Apr 2009
Running around town like a maniac before going to school. Sure, that's gonna help a lot. I see I'm not the only one who noticed that random woman in the red shirt had a moustache. Not to mention that classmate of theirs who looked like a crossdressing man. Other than that, I just treat this as if I'm watching a live-action version, so I got no problems with the overall look. The slow pacing is still a problem for me though, we're not going anywhere significant in 13 episodes at this rate.

In the library. The first of Takao's many humiliations. No spine, no guts, no balls to resist. That playful and weird scene by the river made Sawa look more goofy and less devilish. Not sure I like that, but I didn't expect her to be that playful with Takao in that scene.

And so the seeds of Stockholm Syndrome begin to sprout...
Apr 20, 2013 8:47 AM

Nov 2012
"Aku No Hana" is getting weirder and weirder, I don't even know how to rate this anime anymore.
Apr 20, 2013 8:48 AM

Apr 2008
I don't think I'll ever get used to that ED.

So since the last episode aired I've been reading the manga, so I could judge it more accurately, and I have to say I'm finding it quite enjoyable. More importantly, it really highlights how shit the anime is. I'll see it through mostly out of curiosity, but yeah, as far as adaptations go, this is... unimpressive.

Also a note on the pacing: at the rate they're currently going (barely more than a chapter per episode) I'm wondering where the hell the anime's going to end. Are they gonna do an original ending or just stop at

Anyway, more of the same. Slightly more tolerable since shit actually happened, but still quite a bad episode. Agreed that Sawa's too much playful and not enough psychopath. Going to go read the manga some more.
Apr 20, 2013 9:22 AM

Nov 2011
5/5!!! *_*

Stake incredible, a nice change of pace in the narrative and plot. Now you want to have fun! The protagonist, however, is a weakling, when to act and not lift a finger when it does you put the noose around his neck with his hands! Storytelling is always so raw, and never dull! Plot that intrigues me more and more, I want to see what is the aim Nakamura, although half a mind I already have!
Apr 20, 2013 9:28 AM
Mar 2011
SayakaMagica said:

And so the seeds of Stockholm Syndrome begin to sprout...

didnt thought of this, but yup, it explains it perfectly
"....i am the villain in this story"
Apr 20, 2013 9:38 AM
Jun 2009
PaninaManina said:
bastek66 said:

Feminism crossed the line!

hahaha
Apr 20, 2013 9:39 AM

Feb 2008
Maybe it's just me, but this episode looked a bit worse than previous ones. The only times Nakamura looked good were the closeups. The second episode looked godly compared to this one.

Anyway, decent episode. Wonder when the show will start to differ from the manga, as so far it's the exact same thing.

"Your sight, my delight. Will you marry me?"
Apr 20, 2013 10:38 AM

Feb 2009
Wow, Nakamura should definitely get a job as a nurse's aid I mean that was some fast undressing and dressing she did there :P.

Kasuga would be even in deeper shit, if this were the age of cellphone with camera.

One thing though is the school library always this deserted.
Apr 20, 2013 10:45 AM

Mar 2008
Those first minutes... Kasuga, pathetic.

How come he can walk holding that damn thing around the whole town and no one see?!
Apr 20, 2013 10:50 AM

Mar 2008
Deviant-art anime. For deviants. About deviants. Loved it!
Apr 20, 2013 10:56 AM

Apr 2011
I liked it, I'm probably going to have to stop looking at these discussions cause people keep leaking small details about what happens next in the manga. I guess they're just pissed off or can't help themselves or something, kind of annoying. This is about where I read up to in the manga a while back, never thought the story seemed great but I am enjoying the anime so far.
Apr 20, 2013 10:59 AM

Apr 2011
I remember what the OP reminds me of now lol
Apr 20, 2013 11:03 AM

Apr 2011
PaninaManina said:

How come he can walk holding that damn thing around the whole town and no one see?!

More so how did Saeki not notice her gymbag with her name on it in his hands when Nakamura pushed him into her in the library the second ep.
Apr 20, 2013 11:06 AM

Jun 2008
kassandra22 said:
the MOE-ish style of the manga doesn't quite fit what the author wants to express, and i swear to good, i just watched the 2 first episodes last night and i was like seriously freaked out.

Err....what the fuck?

I'm pretty sure the art style the Mangaka chose is EXACTLY what he wanted to express.

If anything, what this anime has done is spit on the face of the mangaka by changing his style into ugly blobs with terrible art and animation.

--ALEX--Apr 20, 2013 11:12 AM
Apr 20, 2013 11:20 AM
May 2010
Up until now, the best part o this anime is the ending, it's an amazing mix of prettiness and weirdness and it's kind of creepy too.
Apr 20, 2013 11:27 AM

Mar 2008
Nerdy_Old_Taco said:

More so how did Saeki not notice her gymbag with her name on it in his hands when Nakamura pushed him into her in the library the second ep.

BREAST ATTACK! Causes panic.
Apr 20, 2013 11:27 AM

Jan 2012
The standard of the art and animation seems to be going up. That library scene was seriously disturbing but really well done. The bookstore was perfect, some of the visuals offered in this episode were really amazing. Had to laugh at cross-dressing classmate when she popped up again. Enjoying this more with each episode so far.

5/5
Apr 20, 2013 11:49 AM

Dec 2010
JustALEX said:
If anything, what this anime has done is spit on the face of the mangaka by changing his style into ugly blobs with terrible art and animation.

Actually, the mangaka approved the look: http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost.php?p=4622098&postcount=169
Apr 20, 2013 11:52 AM
Mar 2011
nznz said:
JustALEX said:

Actually, the mangaka approved the look: http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost.php?p=4622098&postcount=169

yea, this is the common misconceptions of the uninformed haters. they assume the mangaka didn't approve the animation.
Apr 20, 2013 11:54 AM
Mar 2011
PaninaManina said:

you mean a school boy in a school uniform running around with a school gym bag?
the more suspicious part is why is he running around
Apr 20, 2013 12:07 PM
Apr 2011

Hmmm I wonder if they can really pull off the
Apr 20, 2013 12:13 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
SayakaMagica said:
Running around town like a maniac before going to school. Sure, that's gonna help a lot. I see I'm not the only one who noticed that random woman in the red shirt had a moustache. Not to mention that classmate of theirs who looked like a crossdressing man.

I was wondering too about that "woman" with the moustache...hmm. Takao is such an idiot...just throw that thing away already, it't not like people are going to go through trash and find it. And that lunch money scene. It's lunch money...that girl made it seem as if it was the end of the world. Was that library scene in the manga? I can't seem to remember Takao being forced to wear Saeki's gym clothes that early on. Anyways, I think the anime does a good job of making Nakamura seem crazy, I wanted to punch her so many times in this episode because she's so creepy and demanding.
Apr 20, 2013 12:14 PM

Oct 2012
Marvellous! That scene in bookstore was masterpiece. And sexual tension between Kasuga and Nakamura is growing on and on.
And this show is getting better and better, this way it would go top for spring season.

But Three Stigmata of Palmer Eldritch ? Why this Dick's book?
Apr 20, 2013 12:37 PM

Aug 2012
Ahh~ Sweet sweet nostalgia of my time in middle school. Where half of my classmates were super pervs (probably out of curiosity if anything) and the other half were perfect innocence.... the teachers always misinterpreting the concept of situations, the goofy slightly spazzy best friend with his followers.. the kid with the big vocabulary who appears more mature than everyone else but is equally as deviant..
How people are just straight to the point and uncaring for how they present themselves.. ahahaha
The feeling to need to yell out your emotional pain "AHHHH!!!", been there.. done that..

ah yes.. I'm liking this show simply because I can relate to the atmosphere, hahaha.

3 out of 5. It was OK.
5 out of 10, average.

I'm not really seeing anything out of the ordinary that would make me want to raise it any higher... but I'm also not seeing anything that would make me hate it

It kinda seems like an anime that could have, or should I say. WOULD HAVE been real people if it wasn't for the fact that the characters are just young teens... they definitly look older to me most likely because they are rotoscoped from adults?
GhostonyApr 20, 2013 12:45 PM
sexual incest in nisomonogatari - no one bats an eye
romance incest in SAO - everyone loses their minds
Apr 20, 2013 12:59 PM

Apr 2012
So this episode covered all of chapter 3, and most of chapter 4. So the pacing has most definitely picked up since the first episode. There are certain parts I'm hoping to see so I'm glad we're not moving so slowly anymore. The library scene was weird to me, I laughed a little bit, even though that wasn't my reaction when I first saw the scene in the manga. Seeing it in motion with voices just gives me a different feel.

It looks like no one picked up on how pretentious Kasuga sounded when he tried giving Nakamura the book. Saying "no one understands me or this book." I couldn't help but think 'pfft you hardly understand the book yourself'. Will always love Nakamura's reaction to this, slapping the book out of his hand.
Apr 20, 2013 1:07 PM

Apr 2012
Well this anime is certainly going for something completely different than the manga. It's something like a distorted reflection of the manga that gets the basic events right but then stretches and distorts the feeling behind them. The pacing is just god awful here mostly because it's attempts to build a mood are so heavy handed and obvious, but that's the way this anime goes, it's a troll to the very end. The mangaka and the creators knew they wanted to create a spectacle and they obviously didn't care if the attention they got was negative.

At the moment I can't help but think of the anime as anything but being so bad it's good. It's enjoyable enough to watch but mostly to make fun of all the weird shit it does and weird decisions it makes with the material. It has this weird dichotomy where it is trying way to hard at somethings and then not trying at all others. Not to mention all the characters walk around like they have something stuck up their ass.

The best thing is anime has going for it is the ending which would fit perfectly in a horror anime...but here it's one of those things where it looks like the anime is trying to hard to build an atmosphere that just isn't there. It wants so bad to be super moody but it doesn't know how communicate that angst quite right. The manga has a lot of angst but it's tempered and developed with a lot more finesse where as the anime hits you in the head with it like a ball peen hammer trying to force the emotions on the viewer. I would say the anime tried something different and failed but I don't think anyone involved ever intended for this to be successful.
Apr 20, 2013 1:09 PM

Dec 2009
This episode, with the exception of the library scene and THAT WATER, looked much worse than the previous ones. Lots of stills that, instead of being creepy, just looked bad. And the pacing and overall directing...

Will any episode ever be as good as the first? I'm getting more and more disappointed.
I have my own anime blog. It's called Anime Viking. Hope you'll you read it!

Apr 20, 2013 1:18 PM

Apr 2012
The pace seems to be picking up. They really know how to set the mood and make you want to hate Nakamura. The stills really felt off, I guess they're just trying to save some money since they know they won't get many DVD sales.
Apr 20, 2013 1:32 PM
Oct 2010

why always the same pose... omg O_O this guy has such a trollface ahahah
Apr 20, 2013 2:06 PM

Jun 2007
I believe that in one of the earlier episode threads, someone made the point that Nakamura may start to look more attractive as the series progressed. I find myself agreeing more and more with that position. For example, she looks much more attractive in the frame at 13:30 than her unflattering appearance in the first episode. Perhaps as Nakamura and Kasuga get closer (maybe even the developing of feelings of lust/attraction for Nakamura?) and their relationship becomes more sexualized, the animation will depict her more attractively in relative terms to, say, the way it depicts Saeki.
Apr 20, 2013 3:13 PM

Aug 2011
Really? The Kasuga wasn't able to overpower Nakamura when she tried to strip off all his clothes? And the girl at the end was able to turn the tide of the conversation with that accusation? The plot was getting good before but its turned a little silly in this ep so I took it less seriously now. Hopefully, that'll change.

Kasuga seems to be conflicted with his feelings towards Nakamura. As long as their relationship is developing, my interest remains high.
Apr 20, 2013 3:20 PM

Dec 2012
^ hmm... maybe there are more to the true nature of this robbery, or the true culprit than that. Nakamura may know something but she cannot let it out yet
Apr 20, 2013 3:43 PM
Mar 2013
Nerdy_Old_Taco said:

I can't read Japanese but I don't think it had her name on it as it wasn't hers. The MC took her her clothes out of a pink bag and hid it under his shirt before taking off, leaving the empty bag on the ground.
Apr 20, 2013 4:07 PM
Aug 2011
5/5 because of glorious Nakamura.
"WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH HERYOU!?"

That library scene was great. Kasuga is weak as shit.

Thoulin said:

why always the same pose... omg O_O this guy has such a trollface ahahah

LOL. I only took notice of that in this episode too.
Apr 20, 2013 4:53 PM

Feb 2012
Wow, that was crazy, if it continues like this our dear MC is going to snap really soon, and that library scene, oh and wait, DAT END, the move that girl did was really mean, and I'm glad Kasuga tried to defend Nakamura (even tho I don't know did she stole the money or not).

Can't wait for next episode.
Apr 20, 2013 4:56 PM

Aug 2009
Confession bear here: "I'm watching it for the ending sequences that transit into the ending song" ))
Apr 20, 2013 5:05 PM

Mar 2008
I want rape Kasuga... pounding my penis in his ass with all the weight of my body until it break.
Apr 20, 2013 6:10 PM

Mar 2013
amginex said:
bippo said:
5layer said:
This show isn't gonna get very far with the pace it's going at. Just how much manga did they plan to cover like this...
Season 2.

i hope this season ends with chap33. unless a 2nd season is announced, then the more the merrier
thinking back, that would actually be really nice if that happened.

also thinking back, if the
happens, it'll be awkward as fuck.
Apr 20, 2013 7:34 PM

Jun 2012
bad luck brian

still pretty slow-moving, what a deep hole he is trapped in.

Apr 20, 2013 8:11 PM

Oct 2011
OMG Nakamura and Kasuga library scene 0__0. Is Nakamura a Yandare??? I am getting this creepy yandare vibe from her.
AnimeFan500Apr 20, 2013 8:17 PM
Apr 20, 2013 8:29 PM

Aug 2012
Clothing ninja.

So many still frames.

Stupid-ass classmates.

Can't wait for next episode.
Apr 20, 2013 9:12 PM

Jun 2009
Still the most interesting anime this season.
Apr 20, 2013 9:15 PM

Apr 2012
Just realized this show is being done by ZEXCS. Not surprised.
As a child, I was told that society is a melting pot of talents; knowledge and experience combined to form important alloys that will contribute to mankind. When I got to highschool, however, I thought that it's more like a river in which the water represents our peers while we ourselves are the stones in the river. Constant erosion by mindless majority sheeping has made us lose our unique edge. After I hit the age of 18, I realized that I've been wrong all along. Society is no melting pot. Society is no river. Society is a person, a very skilled rapist, and he has fucked us all.
Apr 20, 2013 10:01 PM
Mar 2011
pokymon said:
Confession bear here: "I'm watching it for the ending sequences that transit into the ending song" ))

one of the best parts of the episodes :D
Apr 20, 2013 10:10 PM
Jul 2018
Jesus!
Nakamura is a really weird chick.
I'm still watching more.
Apr 20, 2013 10:24 PM

Jul 2012
bastek66 said:

What the fuck!? I didn't realize this was hentai.
Wecc said:
All Hail HaXXspetten King of the Loli Traps!

Apr 20, 2013 10:30 PM

Jul 2012
MelbShaw said:
If Nakamura looked the generic moe then people would fap off to the rape scene eh?

Probably, since some people seem to think rape is a joke. Really, this art style is good for rape. It's ugly as fuck, horrifies you just to glimpse it, and is in no way "fapable" by a sane human being...
Wecc said:
All Hail HaXXspetten King of the Loli Traps!

Apr 20, 2013 10:35 PM

Mar 2012
Forcibly changing someone's clothes isn't rape. I'm sure it's something, but not rape. More importantly, the fuck? That was so weird, haha.

First few minutes were stupid, but the rest was pretty good. The animation seemed off this episode, outside of that the library scene. Pace was fine.
JoshApr 20, 2013 10:43 PM
LoneWolf said:
@Josh makes me sad to call myself Canadian.
Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Aku no Hana Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 29, 2013

324 by bushman66 »»
Apr 13, 3:44 PM

Poll: » Aku no Hana Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 22, 2013

86 by bushman66 »»
Apr 13, 3:42 PM

Poll: » Aku no Hana Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 15, 2013

131 by bushman66 »»
Apr 13, 3:40 PM

Poll: » Aku no Hana Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 8, 2013

135 by bushman66 »»
Apr 13, 3:39 PM

Poll: » Aku no Hana Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 1, 2013

118 by bushman66 »»
Apr 13, 3:38 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.