Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
My Youth Romantic Comedy Is Wrong, As I Expected (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Apr 18, 2013 10:44 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Tennisss match. I'm also thinking that this person is a trap:

Dem pushups and tennis. I guess the latest episode was okay for some outdoor fun. I kinda enjoyed it. Oh and I do see some drama here with that blonde girl and her group. That tennis match was kinda intense imo :3
KinetaJun 26, 2013 10:41 AM
Apr 18, 2013 1:20 PM

Feb 2008
Not really a trap unless he is cross dressing.
I knew it was a boy thought

Well, the episode were average I guess

Nothing ventured, nothing gained (Girls und Panzer der Film ) / from Nishizumi Miho

Apr 18, 2013 1:33 PM

Jul 2010
Hachiman just had to walk into the girls changing their clothes after winning the tennis match, lol.
Apr 18, 2013 4:54 PM

Mar 2012
The main is so self-conscious it's hilarious but also aww-inspiring at the same time...
Apr 18, 2013 4:55 PM

Nov 2007
Sae-chan (Komatsu-san / Neko from K / Kotori from Zexal) is a guy. He invited the guy to tennis club because his form is good. Yukinon is also "Kikoku jijo"?

lol @ that guy from last ep. is here! Then strong opponents came to get the tennis court. Wow,, Yukinon is also good at tennis. lol @ various ball skills by him (especially with the names).

Text message incident?
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Apr 18, 2013 10:34 PM

Oct 2010
Hikki is very pitable...
Signature Removed
Apr 19, 2013 12:49 AM

Apr 2013
Strong tennis match /10.
Apr 19, 2013 1:12 AM

Apr 2013
Wait....what?
Is it out just in Japan or am I that stupid that I cant find a site that streams it with eng sub?
"Love is a drug to our brain , it stops the thinking function and when you realize it wether you acomplish it or not you'll enter in one of the 3 withdrawal states : happy , sad or anger. Once this drug gets hold of you you'd better be prepaired beforehand." - Me
Apr 19, 2013 3:26 AM

Dec 2012
impressive how much inner satisfaction brings this anime to me in unexpected moments...

The ever miserable Hiki saw light (girls changing) for the first time, but soon passed out after that...XD

Apr 19, 2013 3:34 AM

Jan 2011
I knew Saika was a trap! He has a feminine figure, a girly voice and seems very gentle-like but I just knew he wasn't a girl. xD I seriously like Hikigaya as an MC. He always comes up with logical and witty comments and has hilarious thoughts. Yukino is also such an awesome female character. She acts shy when Yui calls her a friend but acts cold and serious to everyone else.

Yukino is a tennis superstar but has low stamina. When Yukino was like 'this man will settle this' and pointed at Hikki I was like 'aw shit he's gonna screw up'. To my surprise Hikki actually relied on the wind and won the game, just wow. Too bad everyone was focused on Hayoto saving Miura. Miura is such a bitch. >.>

Best part was when Hikki thought "Is the god of romantic comedies a freaking retard?" and "Now this is what a youth rom com should be like". xD Oregairu knows its a romcom but actually points out the obvious and cliches; brillaint! xD
Apr 19, 2013 3:36 AM

Jul 2012
He's so self-depreciative, it's hilarious... yet sad.

Hikki the next air (wind?) bender.
Apr 19, 2013 3:39 AM

May 2012
Where's Admiral Ackbar when you need him?! XD
"No matter how much of a genius one is, in front of the Uchiha name, they're just ordinary people." - Sasuke Uchiha

Apr 19, 2013 3:57 AM

Jun 2012
Hikky's cynical outlook is depressing just to even watch. He's emotionally immature because of some bad experiences but hopefully he grows up. No one gets through life alone
Apr 19, 2013 4:24 AM

May 2012
Ore No Rabu Kome Wa Konna Ni Mijikai Wake Ga Nai!
Isayama Hajime should be awarded The Manga with The Highest Inconsistencies of Characters' Appearances.
He keeps performing multiple plastic surgeries on those Shingeki No Kyojin characters in a SINGLE chapter.
Yes, I've read up to the latest chapter of Shingeki No Kyojin manga.
Forced myself to read through the kidsketching chapters after the anime's ended. At least from now on, I only have to go through the hell once a month.
Patiently awaiting SNK TV/movie/OVA anime-sequel.
The 2015 SNK live-action movie would probably suck.
Apr 19, 2013 5:05 AM
Luny Tunes

Feb 2012
Hikky almost fell in love with pretty boy Saika! He would have confessed if he didn't knew Sai was a guy, lol.

I enjoyed watching Yukinon play tennis. She sure was good. :3
Apr 19, 2013 5:20 AM

Dec 2012
Hikki's encounter with the girl after the tennis match... and cursing the rom-com Gods straight after. Pretty hilarious how he points out the cliches.

It was a fun episode- enjoyed Saika's appearance and Hikki's train of thoughts relating to Saika.

Hopefully we get to see Hikki's imouto next episode!
Apr 19, 2013 6:09 AM

Apr 2013
It felt like the whole episode's fast forwarded in the context of novels as this was a rather long chapter but it was still descent at least.

Here's some trivial points they skipped or failed to show properly in the episode.

i) While less skillful than the other 3, Hachiman is still considerably good in tennis.
ii) Zaimokuza's annoyance cause hachiman to curse him in thoughts almost every time he commented on something.
iii) Yukinon's 'ice queen' comment caused hachiman to accidentally spew out his secret list of hated people notebook which he thought she knew about it. (and yukinon's remark back to him afterwards about showing her the list)
iV) Hachiman telling yui to shut it in thoughts while he tries to save the image of them changing in a serious manner. (before he was sent flying)
Apr 19, 2013 6:25 AM

May 2010
traps.......
Apr 19, 2013 6:37 AM

Apr 2010
The had to make a argument about it which they had to settle with tennis not sure what they accomplished here doesn't seem to do much for the tennis club or their social standings in class.
I do wonder what that car accident was which the main was talking about seemed Yui was aware of what happened suggesting she might be involved.
Apr 19, 2013 7:42 AM

Jul 2011
great episode.
講廢話,被撞到.
Apr 19, 2013 7:44 AM

Feb 2013
Sai looked so much like a girl
"Currently playing the Game of of Life"
Poppin Pills is All We Know - Antidote
Apr 19, 2013 8:33 AM

Sep 2012
-Fuji- said:
Sai looked so much like a girl

Maybe he is a Hideyoshi XDD
Apr 19, 2013 8:52 AM

Nov 2012
Great. Another Hasuta.

A city's greatness is determined by the speed of its internet connection.
Apr 19, 2013 8:58 AM

Apr 2011
Nope, both Saika and Hasuta are Hideoshi!
Apr 19, 2013 8:58 AM

Sep 2012
With Saika, now we know why this work is called "Something got to be wrong in my Romance Comedy" !! X-D

And great episode to show how similar Hachiman and Yukino are (particularly how they are isolated by people around them and how they take a condescending view to those people) and yet somehow different.

Love Hachiman's theory about "his pride" (meaning the pride that he can let go of his pride at critical moment)

And the ending is hilarious (yet painful): You win but actually you lose because at the end people cheer for the popular handsome ikemen and pretty ojousan.

Seems in next episode we will see Yuuki Aoi voicing Haciman's imouto. Can't want!
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Apr 19, 2013 9:04 AM

Oct 2012
Totsuka is probably a girl not a boy... I mean look at that face!! I could be wrong! >_> as people says here it's a trap. A high level trap!!! Anyways.. That blonde girl needs discipline or have her so-called pride destroyed. -.-
Apr 19, 2013 9:16 AM

Oct 2010
It's A TRAP!

Apr 19, 2013 9:16 AM

May 2010
Hikky's way of life is pathetic and it makes me sad me sad to look at, he is even worse than that mean blonde
Apr 19, 2013 9:31 AM

Sep 2011
Dammit another Hasuta/Hideyoshi. Still another average episode.

Apr 19, 2013 10:11 AM

Jan 2013
ITS A FUTURE TRAP! OR A CONFUSSED REVERSE TRAP!
Apr 19, 2013 10:13 AM

Apr 2012
Favourite episode so far for many reasons. Off the top of my head I liked it for the: humour, characters and atmosphere.

I'll admit when I first watched this episode I was confused; the behaviour of Hachiman and Yukino surprised me. Although I found a lot of interesting things trying to understand Hachiman's motives. My favourite scene was Hachiman's monologue before they won:

"I've forged my own way alone till now. While you guys were fighting with and consoling each other for whatever reasons, I've faced everything head on myself."

I think it can be generalised to: I've done everything myself while you guys did everything together. I think Hachiman wants to segregate himself, who is solitary , from Hayama and co who are sociable and popular. Also perhaps he's suggesting that he is stronger than them. (It would explain why Hachiman got annoyed when he unconsciously bowed at Hayama).

"Now look at me."

In the LN when Hiratsuka asked if he had no friends , his answer was an euphemism. Also IIRC with the first meeting with Yukino he brought it up twice but it was used to make a point. All that suggesting that Hachiman doesn't say he's friendless without a good reason. In this episode he insistently brought it up even starting a conversation just to bring up the point so if I'm correct he must have a good reason right? I first thought he said it to make Hayama and company feel uncomfortable but he only observed, on the second to last time he mentioned he was friendless, that strangers find self-depreciation uncomfortable. I think when he said "now look at me" he implied a reason. "Me" was actually referencing an aspect of him which was that he was friendless. By repeating he was friendless, he wanted to make his friendless status clear to Hayama and Co.

"I'm the strongest."

An obvious interpretation is he said this becuase he thought he was going to win. A question is why does he want to win or why does the win mean so much to him at that point? Well Hachiman won in two shots. The first shot worked because he knew the air currents at that particular time and second shot worked because of the pop fly technique. That means, Hachiman succeeded with both shots, in a sense, because he is a loner. He knew the winds direction because he usually eats alone outside and he was good at the pop fly likely because it is was the only way to play baseball by himself. So Hachiman saw his potential victory as not just him beating Hayama and Yumiko but as his principles of isolation beating youth. Because the popular, who have succeeded in leading a youthful life, have lost against someone who has failed at it because he failed and became a loner. Maybe that is why he brought attention to the fact that he's friendless so Hayama and Co may realise this too. Referencing the first quote, maybe he also thought his win was proof that he's stronger than the popular or sociable.

"**** you youth"
The obvious reason why he said this is what we learned at the 1st segment of the 1st episode; Hachiman hates youth. Maybe he also said this because he knew he was going to win against youth and wanted to rub it youth's face so to speak.
Apr 19, 2013 10:28 AM

Nov 2012
Better episode than last week, looking forward to the next one, glad some new characters are being introduced, we need some more.

Apr 19, 2013 10:38 AM

Apr 2013
A very good episode!
Apr 19, 2013 10:38 AM
Jan 2013
Great episode, ITS A TRAP, character devolpment, and showing us that brains is sometimes better then bronze :P
Apr 19, 2013 10:42 AM

Jan 2013
Another hilarious episode. I still can't wipe that grin off my face...
Great show, can't say it often enough.

Another display of Yukino's pride.Hikigaya's bitterness taken to a whole new level.

Also, I only just realized that... Miura is actually incredibly dumb oO
So dumb it's cliché. But I don't dislike that choice of Characters.
Apr 19, 2013 10:45 AM

Sep 2010
TRAPS.....
Apr 19, 2013 10:57 AM

Apr 2013
What a cliche.....a boy that looks like a girl.It was a nice episode thou'.
"Love is a drug to our brain , it stops the thinking function and when you realize it wether you acomplish it or not you'll enter in one of the 3 withdrawal states : happy , sad or anger. Once this drug gets hold of you you'd better be prepaired beforehand." - Me
Apr 19, 2013 11:03 AM

Mar 2013
The grey haired boy looks so much like a girl. I wonder if anything strange is gonna happen.

Mastery through endless repetition.
Apr 19, 2013 11:22 AM

May 2012
wow

Apr 19, 2013 11:26 AM

Oct 2012
I still don't know what I think about this show. The episodes are good I just can't get a good feel for it though.
Apr 19, 2013 11:28 AM

Oct 2012
The guy MC is hilarious. His whole inner monologue with his magic shot was cool, funny how he commented on how the rom com was messed up as it was girl/girl and guy/guy.

That blonde girl gets on my nerves, Hiki summed it up nicely before.

Apr 19, 2013 12:06 PM

Nov 2012
That's how a man supposed to live.
Outkast from the society .

Apr 19, 2013 12:14 PM
Apr 2012
This guy is so depressing, haha. Like him nonetheless. Alright Episode.
Apr 19, 2013 12:20 PM

May 2012
First two episodes were better imo, this one seemed rather dull and "normal".
Go ***k yourself.

Polite as usual,
lightXTC
Apr 19, 2013 12:28 PM

Jul 2012
The first time I actually want a Yaoi ending.
I am falling, I am fading, I am drowning, help me to breathe.
Apr 19, 2013 12:31 PM

Dec 2012
so far so good. i like the blonde haired girl btw. hope she becomes a regular member but i could definitely do without the guy with the glasses. actually, outside of Hikki and Blondy i dont much care for anyone else on here yet. actually, nevermind i kinda like the guy who's always with Blondy, he seems pretty cool.
Apr 19, 2013 12:37 PM

Apr 2013
ninearts said:
so far so good. i like the blonde haired girl btw. hope she becomes a regular member but i could definitely do without the guy with the glasses. actually, outside of Hikki and Blondy i dont much care for anyone else on here yet. actually, nevermind i kinda like the guy who's always with Blondy, he seems pretty cool.

I am 100% sure you are trolling here.The blonde girl is a total bitch,the blonde guy is nice but what he's not aware of is that he basically cant live without the atention he gets,he's kinda the opposite of Hikki.
Apr 19, 2013 12:44 PM
Aug 2011
Delicious Sai-chan is delicious.
Apr 19, 2013 12:45 PM

Aug 2011
Really looking forward to this show. Kind of extraordinary
Apr 19, 2013 12:51 PM

Dec 2012
BloodyNightsky said:
ninearts said:

I am 100% sure you are trolling here.The blonde girl is a total bitch,the blonde guy is nice but what he's not aware of is that he basically cant live without the atention he gets,he's kinda the opposite of Hikki.

not trolling at all. she's a bitch but she's a bitch who's proud of being a bitch. that takes guts and i can respect that. and she's not just a little bitchy either, she' full on 200% super bitchy.

she's similar too Hikki when you think about it. he's a loner but he's a proud loner, the King of Loners even. so yeah, what he is to loners she is to bitches.

as for the blonde guy. whats wrong with wanting a little attention? he doesn't come off as annoying he's just a nice guy who likes to have fun. nothing wrong with that in my book.
Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru. Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 4, 2013

421 by Remurst »»
Apr 14, 10:38 AM

Poll: » Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru. Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 27, 2013

561 by Pancreas08 »»
Apr 12, 5:05 AM

» Where to read LN of yui's story

Jackson_rajkumar - Mar 28

6 by Aruhaya »»
Mar 29, 9:49 PM

Poll: » Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru. Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Apr 11, 2013

239 by phuchaitt3 »»
Mar 18, 9:46 AM

Poll: » Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru. Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 23, 2013

301 by venbals »»
Mar 15, 12:57 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.