Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Apr 17, 2013 11:03 PM

Apr 2013
I saw this anime on some site I frequent and thought it seemed kinda cool, but I don't really get what it is about, so could somone tell me other series that look-alike or some non-spoiler about how the series is? I don't really like reading wikipedia's article or anything for the spoilers :D

Also, would like to know if it's ecchi, and in which grade :P

Mod Edit: Fixed title.
LunaApr 18, 2013 12:42 AM

Apr 17, 2013 11:04 PM

Mar 2012
The highest grade ecchi. If you don't know this was sequel. The first was To Love-Ru then it's OVA and the second is Motto To Love-Ru. If you want to watch you can ignore To Love-Ru and start with it's OVA.
NeoAnkaraApr 17, 2013 11:07 PM
Kickstarter for Rokujouma is fully funded. Good work everyone. Lets wait for the result of our hard work together.
Apr 17, 2013 11:32 PM

Jun 2009
NeoAnkara said:
The highest grade ecchi. If you don't know this was sequel. The first was To Love-Ru then it's OVA and the second is Motto To Love-Ru. If you want to watch you can ignore To Love-Ru and start with it's OVA.

Yeah, I thought the first To Love Ru series was very much crap and I blame the absolutely terrible filler, probably some of the worse I've seen, but this...well, I agree that it's pretty much the King of Ecchi. Though I guess some people won't see that as a good thing, haha.

All I can say is that I genuinely enjoyed this series, which is more than I can say for a lot of ecchi I've seen.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Apr 17, 2013 11:41 PM

Jun 2007
Apr 17, 2013 11:42 PM

Mar 2012
insan3soldiern said:
NeoAnkara said:

Yeah, I thought the first To Love Ru series was very much crap and I blame the absolutely terrible filler, probably some of the worse I've seen, but this...well, I agree that it's pretty much the King of Ecchi. Though I guess some people won't see that as a good thing, haha.

All I can say is that I genuinely enjoyed this series, which is more than I can say for a lot of ecchi I've seen.
First series was lost it's ecchi touch something that make To Love-Ru famous for.
Kickstarter for Rokujouma is fully funded. Good work everyone. Lets wait for the result of our hard work together.
Apr 17, 2013 11:53 PM

Jun 2009
NeoAnkara said:
insan3soldiern said:
NeoAnkara said:

First series was lost it's ecchi touch something that make To Love-Ru famous for.

Yeah, the first season was pretty heavily censored in even the DVD version so it kind of missed the entire point of ecchi in the first place.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Apr 17, 2013 11:56 PM

Mar 2012
insan3soldiern said:
NeoAnkara said:
insan3soldiern said:
NeoAnkara said:

Yeah, the first season was pretty heavily censored in even the DVD version so it kind of missed the entire point of ecchi in the first place.
To Love-Ru=ecchi. You cannot throw ecchi from To Love-Ru since it was the fundamental part of To Love-Ru.
Apr 17, 2013 11:57 PM

Dec 2012
Darkness is okay, A lot better than the first season because it has a better story, But it has lack of Lala and I disapprove since she was funny
Apr 17, 2013 11:59 PM

Mar 2012
Objurgo said:
Darkness is okay, A lot better than the first season because it has a better story, But it has lack of Lala and I disapprove since she was funny
Who need Lala when you have the awesomeness of Momo?
Apr 18, 2013 12:04 AM

Dec 2012
NeoAnkara said:
Objurgo said:

This is true, But I like Lalas funny antics and her voice actress
Apr 18, 2013 12:06 AM

Mar 2012
Objurgo said:
NeoAnkara said:
Objurgo said:

Well Lala role is over after all.
Apr 18, 2013 12:11 AM

Jun 2009
Objurgo said:
NeoAnkara said:
Objurgo said:

Actually I think a big part of why I like Darkness much more is because I find Momo and Yami much more entertaining than the two leads of the first couple of seasons. Though I do kind of like Lalah, I find Haruna pretty dull.

- Geralt of Rivia
Apr 18, 2013 12:16 AM

Mar 2012
insan3soldiern said:
Objurgo said:
NeoAnkara said:
Objurgo said:

Actually I think a big part of why I like Darkness much more is because I find Momo and Yami much more entertaining than the two leads of the first couple of seasons. Though I do kind of like Lalah, I find Haruna pretty dull.
Haruna become dull and duller as chapter by. I think it was largely because that RL event that make author subconciusly reduce her role.
Apr 18, 2013 12:23 AM

Dec 2012
NeoAnkara said:
insan3soldiern said:
Objurgo said:
NeoAnkara said:
Objurgo said:

Haruna become dull and duller as chapter by. I think it was largely because that RL event that make author subconciusly reduce her role.

I agree, The only good thing about Haruna was her dog. Yami is another reason why I enjoyed this season a lot more than the first season, Also she's a more interesting than most of the other ones and she's not annoying as shit either.
Apr 18, 2013 12:24 AM

Jun 2009
NeoAnkara said:

What do you mean? Are you referring to the mangaka's problem with his wife? I'm not really sure. I haven't kept up with it.

- Geralt of Rivia
Apr 18, 2013 12:27 AM

Mar 2012
insan3soldiern said:
NeoAnkara said:

What do you mean? Are you referring to the mangaka's problem with his wife? I'm not really sure. I haven't kept up with it.
Yeah that one. Because of it that To Love-Ru was ending abruptly. I didn't even know Darkness exist before chapter 3 out.
Apr 18, 2013 12:39 AM

Apr 2013
Thanks for all the info, I was pretty concerned it had some kind of ecchi, but I didn't think of it as 'the king of ecchi' lol

Anyway, I don't like ecchi that much, but I might give it a try since it seems enjoyable

Apr 18, 2013 12:42 AM

Mar 2012
YosukeH said:
Thanks for all the info, I was pretty concerned it had some kind of ecchi, but I didn't think of it as 'the king of ecchi' lol

Anyway, I don't like ecchi that much, but I might give it a try since it seems enjoyable
The comedy or character may keep you entertained.
Apr 19, 2013 8:52 PM

Jan 2013
do yourself a favor, go watch it
Thank me later
Apr 21, 2013 6:13 PM

Jun 2012
To Love-Ru Darkness is in the top-tier of ecchi anime. It has great art, likable characters, good comedy, and a prodigious amount of ecchi.

I wholeheartedly, without any reservation, recommend this show to any and all fans of the ecchi harem genre.
Check out the News Club for daily rankings, discussion on future CD and BD releases, manga and novels. New members are welcome!
Apr 21, 2013 6:36 PM

Sep 2012
I dropped it because all of the characters slightly irritated me.

But if you're a fan of ecchi, this series is pretty much a must.

Also, the first OP credits is amazing. I don't even like ecchi that much, but just damn. You have to appreciate it.

Apr 25, 2013 12:50 AM

Jan 2013
If you love fanservice then this is great but while you're waiting for the next panty shot or nip slip you'll discover how boring this is. Rito is shit, typical nice guy who gets all the girls just for being nice and somehow still can't handle seeing breasts.
Apr 27, 2013 8:18 AM

Nov 2009
I've tried to get through the first season of To-Love Ru twice to no avail.

I simply cant make it beyond 12 episodes. It was that silly and boring to boot.

Trouble is, I heard people raving about this series when it was airing but I don't know if it's worth the effort to get there seeing as how it's technically Season 3.
Apr 27, 2013 9:06 AM

Jun 2009
Riptos said:
I've tried to get through the first season of To-Love Ru twice to no avail.

I simply cant make it beyond 12 episodes. It was that silly and boring to boot.

Trouble is, I heard people raving about this series when it was airing but I don't know if it's worth the effort to get there seeing as how it's technically Season 3.

I had a real tough time getting through the first season as well. What I recommend doing is, when ever you decide to pick it back up again, continue from the 13th episode. It took me a while but I chipped at the show very slowly. It's definitely not something plot heavy and a lot of the first season of To Love Ru is filler, so I wouldn't worry about forgetting much.

I was actually able to go through Motto and most of Darkness (waiting on BD's) in one go. Maybe you'll be able to do the same.

Will it be worth it? I don't know. But, for Ecchi/harem I found Motto and especially Darkness pretty fun.

- Geralt of Rivia
May 3, 2013 8:25 AM

Aug 2012
For me its the best harem , echhi anime out there
May 6, 2013 1:37 PM

Sep 2007
HATED the first season, but gave Motto a shot and loved it. I think Darkness is the best season SO FAR!

May 13, 2013 8:28 PM

Jun 2012
Same here, first season wasn't good at all IMO. However, motto was fun and I especially like darkness.
May 16, 2013 12:33 AM

Aug 2012
Avoid season one. Read the manga instead then watch Motto + read and/or watch Darkness.
Jun 6, 2013 9:27 AM

Jun 2013
Im curious... If this one is considered the best of this particular genre of anime, what else would you guys suggest as others in the same genre worth watching?

I have enjoyed this one since season 2 (didnt like season 1) and I would be interested in any others that are close to it in overall quality. Any suggestions?
Apr 10, 2014 8:21 AM
Jan 2013
this is a stupid question, ofcourse it is worth watching it is the best anime out there
Jul 29, 2014 1:44 AM

Jan 2014
BrownSlush said:
Avoid season one. Read the manga instead then watch Motto + read and/or watch Darkness.

Do you know at what chapter in the manga Motto To Love-Ru starts? So I can skip the first season and read the manga instead, then continue with motto..
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 1, 2014 8:48 PM

Jun 2014
Do any of you know if the anime is worth watching more than the manga? Apparently To Love-ru Darkness is practically hentai in the manga.

It can't be bad as Kiss x Sis, right?

Sep 1, 2014 8:49 PM

Sep 2011
It's good, just start with Motto To Love-ru, season 1 is pretty terrible.
Sep 19, 2018 1:26 AM
Aug 2015
Just watched the first 4 episodes of season one and I wish I could forget them. I actually physically feel like I lost IQ points. The ecchi wasn't even attractive or made sense, the characters were either bland and one dimensional or absolutely annoying to the point that I wanted to mute the video to get them to stop talking, and the dialogue and plot devices were some of, if not the most cringeworthy things I have ever seen in an anime. I would go as far as to say that To Love Ru is what is wrong with anime.
Aug 10, 2021 6:09 AM
Dec 2020
No! Nooo! I don't want to watch To Love Ru dub anymore. But, there's no time to watch Infinite Stratos or To Love Ru dub anymore! This far no further! And I shall to destroy this Infinite Stratos Academy, and watching Medaka Box and Revue Starlight once and for all!
Feb 15, 2022 1:14 PM

Dec 2019
Watch it before it's late. But read the manga before.
Jun 23, 2022 11:49 AM
suii

Dec 2018
WingedSupernova said:
Just watched the first 4 episodes of season one and I wish I could forget them. I actually physically feel like I lost IQ points. The ecchi wasn't even attractive or made sense, the characters were either bland and one dimensional or absolutely annoying to the point that I wanted to mute the video to get them to stop talking, and the dialogue and plot devices were some of, if not the most cringeworthy things I have ever seen in an anime. I would go as far as to say that To Love Ru is what is wrong with anime.
from purely fanservice i'd agree, some of the ecchi stuff just show up outta nowhere. and its like, yes yes..., but if its harem and ecchi, its part of the terretory. its not as though it dosent have other emotional stuff at all, it does, later on. but sometimes the ecchi and fanservice can be clishe yes i agree. (and s1 is yes, bad compared to later stuff)
evangelionfanJun 23, 2022 11:56 AM

More topics from this board

Poll: » To LOVE-Ru Darkness Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 28, 2012

133 by Beerster »»
Jan 2, 12:19 PM

Poll: » To LOVE-Ru Darkness Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Oct 4, 2012

156 by Beerster »»
Sep 24, 2023 7:36 AM

» does anybody know the ost in ep 11 at around 21:20

Mowskyie - Aug 15, 2023

5 by removed-user »»
Aug 17, 2023 2:16 PM

Poll: » To LOVE-Ru Darkness Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 30, 2012

64 by nghuytoan1993 »»
Feb 6, 2023 6:18 AM

Poll: » To LOVE-Ru Darkness Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 26, 2012

74 by nghuytoan1993 »»
Feb 6, 2023 5:35 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.