Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]
May 26, 2018 5:30 PM
Jun 2016
One of the most messed up shit I've ever watched.
Nov 21, 2018 10:56 AM
Feb 2018
That was intense! I wish they could of made 3rd season and for rock to finally get with revy, I can see after this season they relation has gonna better, but honestly fuck that bitch who killed herself.. Rock was better off pulling the trigger instead.
Jan 29, 2019 2:28 PM

Nov 2016
Oh damn :(

Not quite as good as the first season, but nonetheless a great watch.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Feb 8, 2019 9:52 PM
Jan 2019
Amazing!!! best anime I've watched so far
Feb 21, 2019 9:07 AM

Aug 2018
The animation was going downhill in the last episodes and, comparing this ending to the manga, I prefer the other because of how realistic it felt.

Great ending to an incredible arc (for me, the best was the Twins Arc) where Rock has understood where he is now.
Mar 14, 2019 2:18 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Nice second season, as good as the prequel.
Apr 23, 2019 2:03 PM

Mar 2012
There's no reason someone as skill as Revy should've had that hard of a time fighting Gin lol.

I enjoyed the fact that this season had a proper/lengthy arc but the lack of Dutch and Benny was a downside.
May 9, 2019 2:19 PM

Jan 2016
After rewatching this for the 2nd time, I'm actually now convinced that this show has more meaningful things to say about life than its surface lets on. Yukio Washimine's eventual demise and the psyche of Rock with the parallels between their lives in this last arc is actually packs a meaty thematic punch. I'm actually kinda disappointed no one has pick on that at least here in this site and it's been a decade.

Both the first season and this actually is centered around Rock and how he handles everything in this new life psychologically and this Japan arc is actually an important arc for that. I actually cannot stress that enough.
Jun 11, 2019 2:37 PM

May 2016
I loved this season as much as the first. Revy was awesome as always. Didn't see a lot of Dutch this season though. I'm also so glad they kept the same opening and ending through the two seasons, I thoroughly enjoyed both so much.

Really good anime and one of the first in a while to make me feel a lot of feelings. 10/10 for me.
Jul 30, 2019 8:23 AM

Jul 2014
Besides the first three episodes, I liked this season as much as the first one.
D-ohnutsJul 30, 2019 8:57 AM
Sep 8, 2019 6:17 AM

Dec 2013
I knew it will not have a happy ending. Yukio should have run away with Gin and gather forces and then got to Roanapaur. Or they should just have a quiet life since Balalaika announced ceasefire. Anyway, overall, this is a good S2, made me excited esp about the twins and the last few eps.

★━━─
𝘏𝘰𝘸 𝘤𝘢𝘯 𝘐 𝘣𝘳𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘱𝘦𝘢𝘤𝘦 𝘵𝘰 𝘮𝘺 𝘩𝘦𝘢𝘳𝘵?
𝘞𝘩𝘦𝘯 𝘐 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘬 𝘢𝘣𝘰𝘶𝘵 𝘪𝘵 𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘳𝘺 𝘥𝘢𝘺?

Sep 25, 2019 10:31 AM
Jan 2017
Tell me... do revy have feelings for rock...? Or I just imagining things...? 😓
Feb 15, 2020 4:30 PM
Ceasefire NOW

Aug 2009
Damn all this because Yukio likes Ginji? Did that feel anticlimactic to anyone or?

I enjoyed these action-packed scenes; it was enough to keep me going to the end.

I did like that Rock met Yukio. Her life made him put his into perspective. I also think Balalaika had a similar beginning to Yukio’s as well.
Apr 6, 2020 9:38 AM

Jul 2019
wow thanks revy i hate you even more now for killing one of my fav character >:(

Apr 28, 2020 1:04 AM
Oct 2019
ManyMaria111 said:
wow thanks revy i hate you even more now for killing one of my fav character >:(

Blame that dumb high school dice girl. Or blame the Russian burn face chick. They killed Ginji, whom I agree was a good character.
Apr 28, 2020 1:56 AM
Oct 2019
Preferred season 1. The Russian chick getting a starring role this season while Dutch was basically forgotten is just bad tv. The twin arc is bad tv. And I agree that the over-the-top, unrealistic scenes cheapen this show (a problem at times in season 1, too).

Was anybody else tired of all the "dice" and "twilight" pseudo-philosophical nonsense by the end of the season?

Not sure why people are complaining about Revy. Her attitude towards Rock changed back during season 1. This isn't new. She's still a crazy gunman but now her character has more depth to it. I like it.

As for Rock, I thought he was kind of a bitch the last few episodes. Nearly getting himself and Revy killed by the Russians was just him being stupid, not him being mature or a badass. I prefer season 1 Rock over season 2 Rock.

Unfortunate to see Ginji die. Glad to see the high school chick die, though, since she thought she could play gangster. Annoying that Russian burn face is crazy OP and that she likes destruction just for destruction's sake (lame).
Apr 28, 2020 5:28 AM

Jul 2019
HagePotPotato said:
ManyMaria111 said:

Blame that dumb high school dice girl. Or blame the Russian burn face chick. They killed Ginji, whom I agree was a good character.

i guess ;-; but revy killed him

Jul 19, 2020 2:47 AM

Mar 2020
i pretty much enjoyed every episode but the ending was rushed and confusing. I better read the manga
“Life is a constant process of dying.”
Aug 29, 2020 6:28 PM
Jul 2019
This season took everything good about first one and went even beyond it. The action remained explosive, and the pacing remained fast, but the quality of stories was so much better for me, storytelling was better and characters were better overall. Revy and Rock seem to have developed more and more as this second season went on.

Solid 8/10.
el3melAug 29, 2020 6:32 PM
Nov 14, 2020 6:51 AM
Jul 2018
So she died after all xd
Jan 1, 2021 1:59 PM

Jul 2017
A good finale overall, albeit a melancholic one for sure given the suicide of Yukio after Ginji's death to Revy while in battle. Yukio hypnotized herself to believe that she was mentally ready for Roanapur and the criminal underworld but in the end, it was all a facade. She's wanted a normal life with Ginji but never was able to attain it. Shame to see both of them perish in the end but it was fate really. The Washimine clan was ruined and Balalaika won with ease. Plus she seemed to be a lot more interested in Rock after the events of the previous episode with Rock showing some balls to her. Helps that he even requested her to take down the clan so badly that Yukio would never be able to return to the criminal world because of how little of a chance she has in surviving with the clan destroyed. Sadly for him, that was in vain due to her death in the end. At least in a sense, Rock has grown up to understand people more clearly and their true feelings and intentions, and has a mindset that is slowly becoming more suited to the underworld after sacrificing his past in Japan for good with some goddamn closure.

Great season again, just like the first one but a tad better and more consistent. A slight downgrade compared to how I felt for this before since I gave this a 10 before while I gave season 1 a 9, and now I have both seasons rounded to a 9 each. But there's still so much to enjoy about this season, both adrenaline wise with all the insane action that happened (although not quite as frequently due to the slower pacing in comparison to the first season), and cognitively when considering all the darker, harsher themes of reality that are involved with the life of the criminal underworld as well as war in general. The Japan arc was a great change of pace in particular, probably the best arc of Black Lagoon in all areas.

Also, may like Balalaika equally to Revy now. She's a ruthless, intimidating bitch but such an awesome character to watch. Steals the show in the appearances she makes.

9.25/10 overall for Season 2 (gave 9 for the first season).

Roberta's Blood Trail is next as well as the omakes. Should be a hell of a ride there with the OVAs, that's for sure.
Jan 16, 2021 7:07 AM

Apr 2020
Not bad. Not bad at all. Ending was a bit predected, at least for me, but I guess that's more of a personal thing.

The season itself felt a bit less good than the first one to me. Maybe because they shifted focus on some new characters or tried to develop the existing ones. I guess it's not an entirely bad thing, but I still fill like some main characters (such as Benny or Dutch) didn't get enouth time in this season, and it's not like we got much info on their backstory previously.

Overall, the series is decent, somewhat cliche in many ways, but still decent. I've already completed the OVA so that's where I make quits. 7/10 - better than most but still has things that could have been done better.
[right]=:=:=:=:=:=:=:=:=:=:=:=:=:=:=:=:=:=
Feb 16, 2021 2:01 PM

Dec 2010
I hate this ending. It made sense, but I still hate it, akin to the way I hate Cowboy Bebop's ending. Unfortunately I can't send off Yikio saying that I like her, in the end she did things in a half-assed manner, getting Ginji killed for no real reason. She could get either a calm life of a runaway or the darkness of Roanapur, but in the end she just threw lives away, hers' included - which will forever scar Rokurou, who did not deserve that for caring for her, even if he came up as disingenuous at times. Maybe nothing more could be expected from a young girl, but this is precisely why she had to listen to someone who knew better.

This season is an easy 8/10 for me, but the finale prevented it from becoming a 9 or even a 10. Guess it's the manga for me from here on out - after seeing the OVA anyways.
Feb 26, 2021 4:43 PM

Jun 2020
Well, guess I'm going to read the manga.
Apr 20, 2021 6:29 AM
Nov 2016
I kind of really didn't care for the final arc, tbh. Way too drawn out. I was never really invested in Rock's moral dilemma, and I didn't particularly care for any of the arc's new characters either. Kinda wished they stuck to just a 3 episode arc like the other ones.
There were some nice fight scenes though I guess.

I'm sure I'll enjoy the OVA more!
May 22, 2021 4:39 PM

Oct 2015
Yukio was a good person, she blamed herself for the deaths of your clan after Balalaika start the war. She didn't kill herself because of Gin, only, but because of all her clan (family) lost.
I'm very sad for what she did. She had a chance to live...

RIP Yukio.
Jun 16, 2021 2:09 AM

Nov 2014
I guess the Yukio arc kinda went over everyone's head while it clearly pays homage to Sartre's works. Just for this arc only, I prefer this season.

And a nice parallel that I noticed is stories set in Roanapur, the city where there is practically no law, feels more comical, especially when all hunters try to capture Jean. Japan arc, on the other hand, is so bleak and depressing.

I also love that Revy shows her feeling in more apparent way, worrying when Rock is about to get killed by Balalaika, and also goes as far as stealing truck just to ensure his safety.

Like the OP said, I wish this could've picked up for the third season, but that would not likely be the case for we need to force Rei Hiroe to draw more, or else...
Feb 4, 2022 6:09 PM

Aug 2019
I legit didn’t want Yukio and Gin to die. I wished they could’ve left the city and built a new life as a vendors.

Revy was injured in this episode. I hope it won’t affect her in the future.

Rock is rock
Feb 17, 2022 8:18 AM
Feb 2022
The show was good ay like it the character's the story it is good and it is different anime all together it is just wery ok show girls pirates the deep sea it is just funny to watch
Aug 18, 2022 12:47 AM
Apr 2021
Great melancholic ending tbh Yukio and Ginji died at the end which was sad to see bc I wanted the both of them to leave the city and start a new life but Yukio was fooling herself into thinking that the criminal life was the only life she could live when she had other options to do so. The parallel between Rock and Yukio went over ppls heads as she wasn’t ready for the criminal life just as rock isn’t ready for that life but at least Rock knew he wasn’t while she was the opposite and fooled herself into think she was mentally ready, and Revy was cute at the end when she didn’t answer the question Eda asked her🤣
Aug 29, 2022 5:59 PM

Sep 2016
Liked this one better than S01. The character development was present during every single arc, which I couldn't say true for S01. Plus, I loved seeing Revy in a peaceful place (near Rock's house and overall in Japan, besides the underworld), it really shows what she could've been and what she's really like at the very very corner of her core.

Also... I just loved the thematic of choice in this entire arc.
Aug 29, 2022 6:07 PM

Sep 2016
nokitron said:
I guess the Yukio arc kinda went over everyone's head while it clearly pays homage to Sartre's works. Just for this arc only, I prefer this season.

I'm with you on this one.
nokitron said:
And a nice parallel that I noticed is stories set in Roanapur, the city where there is practically no law, feels more comical, especially when all hunters try to capture Jean. Japan arc, on the other hand, is so bleak and depressing..

The way I see it, we already expect a lawless city stockfull of criminals to be a place full of murder and betrayal... Japan, on the other hand, or any country that prides themselves on being lawful, is not the kind of place you'd expect to see such brutality. I guess making it more serious and bleak is a way of bringing attention to the underworld of these countries, that people often dismiss.
Nov 15, 2022 10:36 PM
Oct 2022
S2 was unnecessarily dark. Some real dark materiel in there. The ending was.. more understandable if you're old but they repeated some things 3 times when it should have been 2. The English reminds me of the horrible English in the Psycho Pass movie but that's forgivable. Yet to watch S3 but the extremely subtle escalation of revy and rocks will they won't they was something.

EDIT: for those who didn't get it, the moral was that the dice can always be rerolled. Or maybe it can't if you believe in centuries old traditions? .. that's a personal question.
Nov 16, 2022 5:32 AM

Aug 2021
they need a new season this is amazing
Dec 13, 2022 7:09 AM

Mar 2020
Can we call this a good ending really?! Personally I would say no, because the main character tried to do one thing, he almost succeeded in doing, but no, the philosophical mentality of some characters in this story needs to continue in its progress and of course I remind that Jean-Paul Sartre is not the best example to follow in terms of philosopher, you know !!! xD

of course, I speak with knowledge almost I'm French !!! xD
Jan 27, 2023 7:47 PM

Nov 2021
I liked this season much more than the previous one.
Jan 29, 2023 12:02 AM
Jul 2021
NOOO IT'S OVER WHY
Mar 18, 2023 4:05 AM
Jan 2022
revy vs gin was epic
Sep 8, 2023 6:36 AM

May 2015
Feels bad for Yukio, she was a very interesting antagonist.

Very nice show, fun to watch.
Sep 12, 2023 9:20 PM

Dec 2009
Notes from 2015:

Jan 5, 9:06 PM

Oct 2020
I'm impressed with how the show managed to make Revy go from my least favorite character to one I kind of enjoyed over the course of these two seasons

And I know they were depicting Balalaika as a result of her circumstances with those flashbacks -- going from a young, bright-eyed patriot to a hardened veteran but she's just a nationalist boomer
Jan 22, 5:59 PM

Jan 2024
The series finally comes to an end. Ginji and Yukio seem to have been on a suicidal Bonnie and Clyde style counterattack against Hotel Moscow, and they never even got close. In the end, Rock is able to see through Yukio because of his position "in the twilight", and gets her to admit that she doesn't want the criminal life. All of the Yakuza posturing about honor is the act she felt she had to put up as the heir to the family.

Rock's ability to talk to people feels dangerous. He previously tried to convince Balalaika to take out the rival yakuza clan and to just let Yukio and what little remains of her group go. In-spite of how his previous attempt pissed off Balalaika, that is what ends up happening. He also gets Yukio to admit she didn't want this life out loud, resulting in Ginji either faltering or letting Revy kill him.

It's a mundane end to the series, Rock and Revy return to Roanapur and life goes on. I guess I'll have to check out the manga for more. I will say this season had an unforgivable lack of Dutch and Benny. Overall I liked Black Lagoon a lot. I think The Second Barrage is overall stronger than the first season.
Feb 29, 6:21 PM

Jul 2021
Im just glad this season is over. Though the first half of the season was good i didnt enjoy the second half all that much. Yukio and Ginji ruined the show for me.

This ending was also mediocre. I wanted to like it more but i just couldnt. The first season of this show was amazing and i thought the second would be better.

6/10
bubba460zMar 3, 11:47 AM

Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Black Lagoon: The Second Barrage Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

figure8life - Apr 23, 2009

60 by bubba460z »»
Feb 29, 5:55 PM

Poll: » Black Lagoon: The Second Barrage Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

OmegaRed - Dec 22, 2008

95 by bubba460z »»
Feb 29, 5:30 PM

Poll: » Black Lagoon: The Second Barrage Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

OmegaRed - Dec 21, 2008

62 by bubba460z »»
Feb 29, 4:04 PM

Poll: » Black Lagoon: The Second Barrage Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

seita - Aug 25, 2008

67 by bubba460z »»
Feb 29, 3:38 PM

Poll: » Black Lagoon: The Second Barrage Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Scribbly - Apr 24, 2009

107 by bubba460z »»
Feb 29, 3:17 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.