Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Oct 21, 2013 6:50 PM

Jan 2008
mattbenz99 said:
PrimeX said:
Wait until I get a job...I'll fund that shit.

unless you want to write the manga also that wont help

Instead, you could fund a zombie anime that is actually good.
Oct 21, 2013 6:57 PM

Mar 2013
Paul said:
mattbenz99 said:
PrimeX said:

say what you want about it but if you just turned your brain off and didnt think it is so fun to watch. especially in the over the top dub
Just because you know how to use a torrent does not give you the god given right to pirate.

My actual list: https://kitsu.io/users/mattbenz99/library

check out my youtube channel for my review: https://www.youtube.com/user/mattbenz99

Oct 21, 2013 6:58 PM

Jul 2013
Paul said:
mattbenz99 said:
PrimeX said:

Despite being a fanboy of HOTD, I didn't know the manga resumed. I thought its still on hiatus. And HOTD is good enough, IMO
Oct 21, 2013 6:58 PM

Jan 2008
mattbenz99 said:
Paul said:
mattbenz99 said:
PrimeX said:

say what you want about it but if you just turned your brain off and didnt think it is so fun to watch. especially in the over the top dub

Oh I enjoyed it, but not for the zombies.
Oct 21, 2013 6:59 PM

Aug 2009
Some day... over the rainbow bluebirds fly... and they'll get eaten by zombies... hopefully

"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself."
-Friedrich Nietzsche
Oct 21, 2013 7:00 PM

Mar 2013
Paul said:
mattbenz99 said:
Paul said:
mattbenz99 said:
PrimeX said:

yes the "plot" was amazing they were so bouncy
Just because you know how to use a torrent does not give you the god given right to pirate.

check out my youtube channel for my review: https://www.youtube.com/user/mattbenz99

Oct 21, 2013 7:33 PM

Oct 2013
PrimeX said:
Paul said:
mattbenz99 said:
PrimeX said:

Despite being a fanboy of HOTD, I didn't know the manga resumed. I thought its still on hiatus. And HOTD is good enough, IMO

Maybe this will be the new Hunter X hunter in terms of going on hiatus. You know how hiatus goes with that manga......He needs to stay off the game.
Oct 21, 2013 7:37 PM

Nov 2010
Fierce_Deity22 said:
PrimeX said:
Paul said:
mattbenz99 said:
PrimeX said:

Maybe this will be the new Hunter X hunter in terms of going on hiatus. You know how hiatus goes with that manga......He needs to stay off the game.
At least HOTD's mangaka is working on another manga. HxH's mangaka and Berserk's mangaka are both just on hiatus playing games or whatever.
Oct 21, 2013 7:37 PM

Jan 2009
blame the manga creator for not continuing the manga
Oct 21, 2013 7:48 PM

Dec 2012
Paul said:
mattbenz99 said:
PrimeX said:

Zombie stuff is trash, only by acknowledging that it's already garbage, and not taking it seriously, can it rise to the top of the landfill and make a truly "good" zombie show. HOTD is self-aware like this and just has fun with the concept which is why it's basically the only zombie related work I do like.

But yeah, this show is based on a manga and, sadly, there isn't enough of it out yet to create a new show. I think there's only 7 volumes and the first 4 were animated already. Even if there was there is also no concrete guarantee we'll get more anime from it.
"Laws exist only for those who cannot live without clinging onto them."
-Souske Aizen "Bleach"

Oct 21, 2013 8:04 PM
elk sensei

Oct 2013
Paul said:
mattbenz99 said:
Paul said:
mattbenz99 said:
PrimeX said:

LOL - same here. Same here.
Oct 21, 2013 8:05 PM

Mar 2013
Kruszer said:
Paul said:
mattbenz99 said:
PrimeX said:

Zombie stuff is trash, only by acknowledging that it's already garbage, and not taking it seriously, can it rise to the top of the landfill and make a truly "good" zombie show. HOTD is self-aware like this and just has fun with the concept which is why it's basically the only zombie related work I do like.

But yeah, this show is based on a manga and, sadly, there isn't enough of it out yet to create a new show. I think there's only 7 volumes and the first 4 were animated already. Even if there was there is also no concrete guarantee we'll get more anime from it.

The staff said they want want to make more so at this point we can only assume that they are waiting for more material to be made.

Oct 21, 2013 8:13 PM

Dec 2012
Well, James Cameron said he really wants to make a live action Battle Angel movie too, but I'm sure we all know how that project is going. Sometimes there is difference in what people say and actually do.
"Laws exist only for those who cannot live without clinging onto them."
-Souske Aizen "Bleach"

Oct 22, 2013 5:51 AM
★★★★★

Sep 2008
Threads Merged.
Nov 12, 2013 2:34 PM
Jan 2013
Kruszer said:
Well, James Cameron said he really wants to make a live action Battle Angel movie too, but I'm sure we all know how that project is going. Sometimes there is difference in what people say and actually do.

Atleast that movie has a date, it'll go in development in 2017. (Source IMDb)
I've singed countless petitions and checked everything on the news that was out there and they just stayed quiet for the past 3 years.
I hope they won't just take it easy for another 3 years after this manga release.
Nov 21, 2013 9:34 AM
Jul 2012
Tsuruki said:
Kruszer said:

Atleast that movie has a date, it'll go in development in 2017. (Source IMDb)
I've singed countless petitions and checked everything on the news that was out there and they just stayed quiet for the past 3 years.
I hope they won't just take it easy for another 3 years after this manga release.

So in next year we wont see Saeko :/ Good that manga will resume. I love this anime i dont knew why they dont want to continue this.
Dec 10, 2013 7:15 PM

Oct 2013
I mean, they announced the second season and then nothing. I Cant wait anymore.
If anyone finds anything tell me
Dec 13, 2013 7:33 AM

Aug 2013
oh season 2... really?! when? next year? next next year?
Dec 13, 2013 8:06 AM

Mar 2013
TheDumen said:
I mean, they announced the second season and then nothing. I Cant wait anymore.
If anyone finds anything tell me

They announced nothing, and manga looks like it's been canned again anyway.

Dec 22, 2013 5:34 PM

Oct 2013
Dammit
Jan 3, 2014 6:27 AM
Apr 2013
I went online and it said it was coming back in the fall of 2013 all I did was type high school of the dead season 2
Jan 6, 2014 7:30 AM
Apr 2013
if you go to enwikipedia.org high school of the dead episodes it will show season one air dates for japan and usa their months apart so if it's fall for them it's probably spring for us
Jan 10, 2014 9:26 PM

Oct 2013
srpetter said:
if you go to enwikipedia.org high school of the dead episodes it will show season one air dates for japan and usa their months apart so if it's fall for them it's probably spring for us

Yeah But Im guessing most of us are waiting for the anime to come out in Japan and then watch the subbed version. At least, thats what I would do. So I was expecting it to come out last year
Jan 13, 2014 1:20 AM

Dec 2009
You know what sucks?
That a lot of mangakas don't make FUCKING ANNOUNCEMENTS about their plans!

At least they should write on their site/blog that they "got the inspiration to draw other manga"/"lost the drive to continue this manga for the moment"/"not sure if they'll finish the manga as they don't have any more ideas regarding the subject"/etc...

If one doesn't give a shit about his/her followers - s/he's gonna lose them!
Jan 13, 2014 5:54 AM
Photojournalist

Apr 2007
I am tired of false season 2 rumors of Anime. I wish the MAL forum mods would crackdown on it. Since October 2010, there has been one new rumor every 3-6 months and the rumors are renewed after the time passes. Forum rumors are not true. Rumors spread on little known blogs and websites are not true. What one person claims on a chat room is not true. THERE IS NO HOTD SEASON 2! There has been no announcement, because if it was MAL, Crunchyroll, or ANN's very own news staff would have an article on it because they are good at it. Unless you see the creator announce it on Twitter, any source other than those 3 websites I named are reliable. Everything else: Bullshit.
Jan 29, 2014 4:19 AM

Oct 2013
Lolicon said:
I am tired of false season 2 rumors of Anime. I wish the MAL forum mods would crackdown on it. Since October 2010, there has been one new rumor every 3-6 months and the rumors are renewed after the time passes. Forum rumors are not true. Rumors spread on little known blogs and websites are not true. What one person claims on a chat room is not true. THERE IS NO HOTD SEASON 2! There has been no announcement, because if it was MAL, Crunchyroll, or ANN's very own news staff would have an article on it because they are good at it. Unless you see the creator announce it on Twitter, any source other than those 3 websites I named are reliable. Everything else: Bullshit.

This pretty much sums it up. The fact that people still even believe there will be a season 2 are just plain dumb.
Jan 29, 2014 8:24 AM

Nov 2010
KaniowskiKun101 said:
Lolicon said:

This pretty much sums it up. The fact that people still even believe there will be a season 2 are just plain dumb.
That's not what he said, he said not to believe rumors as a site(like this one) will pick up on it when it actually happens. And it's quite possible that it will happen, all it really needs is more material.
Feb 3, 2014 8:22 AM

Jan 2014
I am pritty sure that there will be an season 2 but like the rest of the internet i dont know when i started and finished this anime this morning and i realy liked H.O.T.D. and i think season 1 went good on the market from what i know and a lot of people watched this on chrunchyroll and other sites where you pay for ad free so they earned a nice bunch of money becouse of the *plot* xD (same as HSDxD ) im just kidding both animes have a nice story.So probably there will be an season 2 but dont know when maybe summer or fall this year or next year maybe.But i hope to see a season 2 as soon as posible.
Feb 3, 2014 9:15 AM

Sep 2013
MrEpicMichael said:
I am pritty sure that there will be an season 2 but like the rest of the internet i dont know when i started and finished this anime this morning and i realy liked H.O.T.D. and i think season 1 went good on the market from what i know and a lot of people watched this on chrunchyroll and other sites where you pay for ad free so they earned a nice bunch of money becouse of the *plot* xD (same as HSDxD ) im just kidding both animes have a nice story.So probably there will be an season 2 but dont know when maybe summer or fall this year or next year maybe.But i hope to see a season 2 as soon as posible.

Not gonna happen. The manga has been on hiatus for years now and they only published maybe enough material to make 5-8 episodes. Once the authors get off their asses and publish more material, THEN we can start rumors about a season 2 but considering we never get any goddamn word from the authors, that aint gonna happen.
Feb 5, 2014 5:40 AM
Jan 2014
FINALLY! They took forever U_U
Feb 5, 2014 5:41 AM
Jan 2014
Can't wait
Feb 5, 2014 5:47 AM

Jun 2012
DAMN
I completely missed this thread when it came out.

The first three pages of this thread are a perfect example of how credulous if not sophomoric the general Anime community is.
Actually fuck it, this page too.
Feb 5, 2014 5:54 AM

Jul 2008
A definite watch for me :)
Mar 17, 2014 4:51 PM

Mar 2013
The only chance for a second season is for it to be (largely) Anime Original, in particular with its ending. The reason for this is barring a miracle the manga will NEVER finish. The mangaka is the definition of useless and lazy, and makes the HxH mangaka seem like a workaholic by comparison. 30 F$cking Chapters in 8 years... Many mangaka match that in a single year. For 4 years now a good year in terms of new content was getting 1 freaking chapter. I kid you not. To make matters worse there has been very little worthwhile content from where the anime left off. If Madhouse or whatever got the rights for a season 2, with the intention of making the story their own, then we might finally have a legitimate conclusion. They have already shown they can make bold moves that differentiate from the manga yet have wide support, for example the famous Episode 9 Saeko x Takashi sex scene. As such it would be best for us to put our hopes (slim as they may be) in them taking on the anime conclusion and direction themselves, since there is a higher chance that the Mangaka Gets Eaten Alive By A Zombie Than Actually Finishing The Manga. Period.
Mar 17, 2014 5:06 PM

Jun 2012
SlickDragon said:
The only chance for a second season is for it to be (largely) Anime Original, in particular with its ending. The reason for this is barring a miracle the manga will NEVER finish. The mangaka is the definition of useless and lazy, and makes the HxH mangaka seem like a workaholic by comparison. 30 F$cking Chapters in 8 years... Many mangaka match that in a single year. For 4 years now a good year in terms of new content was getting 1 freaking chapter. I kid you not. To make matters worse there has been very little worthwhile content from where the anime left off. If Madhouse or whatever got the rights for a season 2, with the intention of making the story their own, then we might finally have a legitimate conclusion. They have already shown they can make bold moves that differentiate from the manga yet have wide support, for example the famous Episode 9 Saeko x Takashi sex scene. As such it would be best for us to put our hopes (slim as they may be) in them taking on the anime conclusion and direction themselves, since there is a higher chance that the Mangaka Gets Eaten Alive By A Zombie Than Actually Finishing The Manga. Period.

Just one thing, is not a mangaka. There's two mangakas that work in HOTD. Daisuke Sato in the story and Shōji Sato in the drawnings. And each of this bastards is lazier than the other one.
Andan210Mar 17, 2014 5:26 PM
The only True Ending is the Harem Ending.
Mar 18, 2014 12:36 PM

Mar 2013
Andan210 said:
Just one thing, is not a mangaka. There's two mangakas that work in HOTD. Daisuke Sato in the story and Shōji Sato in the drawnings. And each of this bastards is lazier than the other one.

Yes I understand that, I have done my research. Good point about them both being abhorrently lazy, however the reality is that when I and others refer to the mangaka, we are talking about Satou, Daisuke. Its not the art that we have been waiting on, but rather the "story" or content to get more than a chapter a year.
Mar 18, 2014 12:43 PM

Jun 2012
SlickDragon said:
Andan210 said:

Yes I understand that, I have done my research. Good point about them both being abhorrently lazy, however the reality is that when I and others refer to the mangaka, we are talking about Satou, Daisuke. Its not the art that we have been waiting on, but rather the "story" or content to get more than a chapter a year.

Ah ok, i just thought you believed it really was only one mangaka in HOTD. I agree about Satou.

But correct me if i'm wrong, wasn't the reason for one the hiatus that Shōji Sato was working in the art of Resident Evil 6? I remenber reading about it.
The only True Ending is the Harem Ending.
Apr 13, 2014 5:00 AM
Oct 2013
deputte said:
IntroverTurtle said:
deputte said:
they are airing the new episode of season 2 every friday.
on the 19th 10pm edt (timezone) in north america that is. dont know when we will be able to download.
Nope.

care to explain this then?
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2013-04-18/high-school-of-the-dead-anime-to-premiere-on-neon-alley-on-friday

It's fake i guess o.o 'cause it's already 2014 xD
Apr 13, 2014 5:02 AM

Jan 2013
Dude, he's been making Traige X.
Apr 21, 2014 1:53 AM
Jun 2013
SlickDragon said:

Again we dont know if they had sex.
souledge94Apr 27, 2014 8:25 PM
May 7, 2014 6:10 PM
Apr 2013
They have enough material for a short season 2.... The whole mall dilemma.....
Jun 8, 2014 4:17 AM
Jun 2014
It's going to be in June and I just hope this isn't a false news. Jesus! we've been waiting for 3 years now.

From Daisuke Sato himself, "This spring* (June)The manga is almost finish with the season 2 or volume 2.

That's just episode one and do they plan on starting it. Yep, in the mall entrance then they meet Asami the blonde police woman from Hellsing.

I just wonder if half of it will be counted for making the anime. It's just the manga. What about a VN?
Jun 21, 2014 10:14 PM

Dec 2013
Emat34 said:
It's going to be in June and I just hope this isn't a false news. Jesus! we've been waiting for 3 years now.

From Daisuke Sato himself, "This spring* (June)The manga is almost finish with the season 2 or volume 2.

That's just episode one and do they plan on starting it. Yep, in the mall entrance then they meet Asami the blonde police woman from Hellsing.

I just wonder if half of it will be counted for making the anime. It's just the manga. What about a VN?

Source, or he didn't say that.

Joking aside, think you can link some sort of credible source to this information?
Matsuoka Yoshitsugu has hardly any range as a voice actor, and is grossly over-cast.

Yeah. I said it.
Jun 25, 2014 9:05 PM
Feb 2012
Why must people toy with my emotions like that. I really like this Anime and want to see it continue. Please make more chapters.
Jul 20, 2014 1:46 PM

Nov 2010
Read the text at the bottom right? Most fake ones say that they are fake.
Jul 22, 2014 5:38 AM
Feb 2014
And another thing, in Japan it's already the middle of summer, so I doubt they'll release it in a month without actually advertising a release date.
Aug 2, 2014 1:13 AM
Oct 2012
It's still no news about the season 2.
And this is already 2014
Aug 2, 2014 4:49 AM

Mar 2013
illiara said:
It's still no news about the season 2.
And this is already 2014

Because season 2 was a april fools that people keep feeling for.....
NewhopesAug 2, 2014 7:06 AM

Oct 12, 2014 1:25 AM

Jan 2014
It's dead, it's been 4 years. They're not going to continue it...
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 12, 2014 7:10 AM

Nov 2010
Sanyo said:
It's dead, it's been 4 years. They're not going to continue it...
4 years doesn't mean a series is dead.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

» If Highschool of the Dead did NOT involve zombies

LAKool-AidGang - Jul 7, 2023

18 by CombatMagic »»
Apr 11, 8:18 PM

Poll: » Highschool of the Dead Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Ahenshihael - Jul 11, 2010

461 by Hokage_the_7th »»
Apr 9, 5:34 AM

Poll: » Highschool of the Dead Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Sep 12, 2010

254 by gannoncannon55 »»
Mar 20, 7:02 PM

Poll: » Highschool of the Dead Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Sep 5, 2010

276 by gannoncannon55 »»
Mar 20, 12:09 AM

Poll: » Highschool of the Dead Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Aversa - Aug 29, 2010

541 by gannoncannon55 »»
Mar 16, 7:45 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.