MyAnimeList.net

Anime Information
Forums

Recent Posts | My Watched Topics | My Ignored Topics | Search

Ga-Rei -Zero- Episode 12 Discussion
MyAnimeList.net Forum »» Anime Discussion »» Series Discussion »» Ga-Rei: Zero »» Ga-Rei -Zero- Episode 12 Discussion

Pages (6) -0.6 0.4 [1.4] 2.4 3.4 » ... Last »
Poll: Ga-Rei -Zero- Episode 12 Discussion


12-28-08, 4:13 AM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2008
Posts: 10551
I knew it was going to happen, but still got teary. *sigh*
Hope second season comes around soon.
 
12-28-08, 4:38 AM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2008
Posts: 83
Yomi does appear in the manga as an enemy... she is more of a true specter this time and plans unleashing a great evil. So Kagura (along with Ken, who they introduced next to Kagura at the very end of the episode) will have to face her again.

I imagine there will probably be a sequel to Zero that follows the plotline of the anime (since Zero was a prequel)... but I don't think there are really enough volumes of the manga now to have a complete series that can end and stay true to the manga story. My guess is they will wait until more of the manga story is published before producing an anime that follows Ga-Rei.
 
12-28-08, 4:43 AM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 1509
PimpToad said:
First of all, they did justice to high school girl Kagura! Damn, she is just as cute as her manga counterpart!


Can't really say... Manga Kagura is still better

awesome anime. A bit iffy at the start but has gone better episode by episode. Can't think of a better ending. especially how Yomi won against the death stone's powers

Nori-chan FTW!!!!
 
12-28-08, 4:55 AM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2008
Posts: 1136
Gawd, I just love this show. It's a heart-breaking ending. T____T
Well, this is just the prequel of Ga-Rei. I can't really wait when they animate the manga series!

10/10. I don't care what you people say. :D
They see me trollin', they hatin'.
 
12-28-08, 6:06 AM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2008
Posts: 5925
Dunno why i didnt like the ending much,i hoped for something better,but anyway it was a good show.
 
12-28-08, 7:39 AM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2007
Posts: 16
I'm not sure how to feel about the ending...
I have no problem with the story, but there's something about the order they put things in this episode that I disliked. It was good up to the part where Kaguya went berserk after Yomi's death, however after that they should've made it more... I don't know. More quiet. But that's just me.

Ehh, but Yomi sure is delicious. XD
Anyway, great series, really. I'm very interested in the manga now. Also, I wonder if there are any figurines of this out there. *sparkle sparkle*
 
12-28-08, 7:42 AM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2007
Posts: 45
Now we only have to with and see if a second season is going to be announce.
An amazing series!
 
12-28-08, 7:49 AM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2008
Posts: 139
Manga spoiler...


A good series overall. My only complaint was that they never went back to the characters from the first episode. There was a brief cameo in one of the later episodes where the two of them walk by Kagura chatting with her friends, but we never see them again after that. I can understand why they didn't, as it would be kind of hard to transition back to them, but I'm still a little disappointed.
Modified by SilentPredator03, 12-28-08, 11:00 AM
 
12-28-08, 8:29 AM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2007
Posts: 5081
SilentPredator03 said:
That makes sense. In order to kill Mei, Yomi had to destroy her Death Stone. Kagura clearly didn't destroy Yomi's as it was in her head and Kagura stabbed her in the stomach.
So you are not phazed at all with the fact that was a blatant spoiler which should go under a SPOILER TAG? Seriously people, anything from the manga should be marked as a spoiler, specially since this is a prequel to the manga.

A good series overall. My only complaint was that they never went back to the characters from the first episode. There was a brief cameo in one of the later episodes where the two of them walk by Kagura chatting with her friends, but we never see them again after that. I can understand why they didn't, as it would be kind of hard to transition back to them, but I'm still a little disappointed.
Well, this indeed is one of the stains in the season. They specifically created this cast of characters just to confuse manga readers and trick viewers. Everyone else was handled well, but those guys were just used then thrown aside once that episode was over with. An OVA could help, since I would advice against adding them in a proper manga adaptation (don't want manga readers screaming foul).

 
12-28-08, 8:32 AM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2007
Posts: 289
Pretty good for a prologue especially as an anime-only prologue. The first and early eps along with the later ones were very good, I felt the middle ones dragged it down a bit. I wish they had made the fight more epic but oh well. Also way too much crying. 8/10

"I'd rather die on my feet than live on my knees." By Emiliano Zapata
 
12-28-08, 8:58 AM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2008
Posts: 946
I want Yomi back.... ;(
~_~ !
 
12-28-08, 10:17 AM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2007
Posts: 1219
And thus ends my favourite show of the season :(

It was an amazing episode though, and they way they connected everything to the manga towards the end was just great and made me bump it to a 10/10 from a 9/10.
And also, I agree with whoever said that you need to read the manga to fully appreciate the awesomeness of this series.

*hopes for an animation of the manga*
Modified by Charliehsv, 12-28-08, 10:22 AM
 
12-28-08, 10:27 AM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2007
Posts: 3792
What an amazing episode, it was far better than I expected, but sad that Yomi is gone.

9/10

Sent with Mal Updater
 
12-28-08, 11:02 AM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2008
Posts: 385
great show..it did it's job and got me interested enough, i think i'll read the manga now.
 
12-28-08, 11:14 AM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2008
Posts: 139
Leon-Gun said:
So you are not phazed at all with the fact that was a blatant spoiler which should go under a SPOILER TAG? Seriously people, anything from the manga should be marked as a spoiler, specially since this is a prequel to the manga.

Manga spoilers

 
12-28-08, 11:19 AM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2007
Posts: 5081
SilentPredator03 said:
Leon-Gun said:
So you are not phazed at all with the fact that was a blatant spoiler which should go under a SPOILER TAG? Seriously people, anything from the manga should be marked as a spoiler, specially since this is a prequel to the manga.

Manga spoilers

Maybe I overreacted, so forgive me for that. But it is part of the discussion rules to mark all spoilers. It is indeed true that it would be incentive into reading the manga/watching a possible second season (or season 1 if we go with the fact this season was season Zero)

 
12-28-08, 11:22 AM

Offline
Joined: May 2008
Posts: 255
Really sad ending. Made me cry. And the last scene was an actual scene from the manga (and now Kagura looks so MOE <3).
Well, the existence of 2nd season depends on how good the DVDs will sell. Since, the 1st volume was released, we'll probably find out soon.
 
12-28-08, 12:00 PM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 160
ArucardPL said:
Really sad ending. Made me cry. And the last scene was an actual scene from the manga (and now Kagura looks so MOE <3).
Well, the existence of 2nd season depends on how good the DVDs will sell. Since, the 1st volume was released, we'll probably find out soon.


Yea, the last scene was like the first 3 or 4 pages of the manga. Also, the when the DVD's are all released (beginning/mid summer), the manga should be have released at least 2 more volumes making that 10. So there should be a sufficient amount of material for a 26 episode series, hopefully.

Just a side note: does anyone know when the 9th volume will be released? Wikipedia, amazon.jp or play-asia doesn't have anything listed or even confirmed for that matter. I don't wanna make this a manga thread, but if someone knows, I'd appreciate it.
 
12-28-08, 1:47 PM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2008
Posts: 3483
The final episode was pretty sad, but well done nonetheless. I really hope that a second season is going to come out for this.
 
12-28-08, 1:57 PM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2007
Posts: 3792
HappyPear said:
The final episode was pretty sad, but well done nonetheless. I really hope that a second season is going to come out for this.


A second season without Yomi will be pointless.
 
12-28-08, 2:01 PM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2008
Posts: 201
Loved it! It was sad when Kagura killed Yomi though.
Wow Ken-chan looks so much better in the Anime than the Manga xD I still like Manga Kagura better though.

Breath||
 
12-28-08, 2:13 PM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2007
Posts: 3124
Awesome episode and liked how it ended it aswell XD

overall = 9/10


 
12-28-08, 2:31 PM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2007
Posts: 3095
Wow ... very nice ending in my opinion, turns out not as many people died as we thought and also Kagura has found herself a boyfriend? Or just a close partner? I really am hoping for a second season this season itself was so great xD!
 
12-28-08, 2:42 PM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2008
Posts: 349
Crimsonwill said:
Wow ... very nice ending in my opinion, turns out not as many people died as we thought and also Kagura has found herself a boyfriend? Or just a close partner? I really am hoping for a second season this season itself was so great xD!


the manga will answer your questions haha xD
 
12-28-08, 3:27 PM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2008
Posts: 141
Gr...I want MOAR Ga-Rei! Bring on the Manga plots! I'm ready to see the hotter and older version of Kagura!

But anyways, I do hope they make an adaption of the Manga. This episode was pretty good, but it only ended me up in asking for moar. Oh well, maybe one of the new anime in Winter line-ups will be like Ga-Rei Zero.
 
12-28-08, 4:19 PM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2008
Posts: 2941
such a sad last episode ;_;

this anime gets a 7/10 from me
 
12-28-08, 5:58 PM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2008
Posts: 143
Great ending and hopefully we'll see a sequel. =)

I'll give this series a 9/10. :)

 
12-28-08, 6:59 PM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2008
Posts: 11
Awww....crap. Whenever I get this emotional over something my heart starts to hurt real bad. I'm such a loser. Dang that was a great ending. Desperately hoping they animate the manga. And now I'm off to make lots of animated banners and stuff with Yomi and Kagura.
 
12-28-08, 7:01 PM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2007
Posts: 2703
Leon-Gun said:
SilentPredator03 said:
That makes sense. In order to kill Mei, Yomi had to destroy her Death Stone. Kagura clearly didn't destroy Yomi's as it was in her head and Kagura stabbed her in the stomach.
So you are not phazed at all with the fact that was a blatant spoiler which should go under a SPOILER TAG? Seriously people, anything from the manga should be marked as a spoiler, specially since this is a prequel to the manga.

A good series overall. My only complaint was that they never went back to the characters from the first episode. There was a brief cameo in one of the later episodes where the two of them walk by Kagura chatting with her friends, but we never see them again after that. I can understand why they didn't, as it would be kind of hard to transition back to them, but I'm still a little disappointed.
Well, this indeed is one of the stains in the season. They specifically created this cast of characters just to confuse manga readers and trick viewers. Everyone else was handled well, but those guys were just used then thrown aside once that episode was over with. An OVA could help, since I would advice against adding them in a proper manga adaptation (don't want manga readers screaming foul).


I actually thought they tossed in those characters and showed their deaths at the start as a way to say "Hey good characters can die in this series so expect the worst". It also felt like a way to show that there was more people that had special powers and it wasn't just a select group. The whole killing at the start was what grabbed my attention in the first place anyway. The story from where was decent but I would have liked to see more episodes like the first one.
 
12-28-08, 8:06 PM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2007
Posts: 5081
DeathfireD said:

I actually thought they tossed in those characters and showed their deaths at the start as a way to say "Hey good characters can die in this series so expect the worst". It also felt like a way to show that there was more people that had special powers and it wasn't just a select group. The whole killing at the start was what grabbed my attention in the first place anyway. The story from where was decent but I would have liked to see more episodes like the first one.
They needed to have given the two star members of that group some backstory. They showed in other ways that there were more exorcists besides the ones from the Agency (there's entire families who've done this job for generations). I feel like they wasted potential. It's not like they could not have fitted in somewhere, as both teams knew each other well.

 
12-28-08, 8:15 PM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2008
Posts: 4533
Leon-Gun said:
DeathfireD said:

I actually thought they tossed in those characters and showed their deaths at the start as a way to say "Hey good characters can die in this series so expect the worst". It also felt like a way to show that there was more people that had special powers and it wasn't just a select group. The whole killing at the start was what grabbed my attention in the first place anyway. The story from where was decent but I would have liked to see more episodes like the first one.
They needed to have given the two star members of that group some backstory. They showed in other ways that there were more exorcists besides the ones from the Agency (there's entire families who've done this job for generations). I feel like they wasted potential. It's not like they could not have fitted in somewhere, as both teams knew each other well.
I'd rather have more Yomi than some random dead guy story. But that's just me.
 
12-28-08, 9:28 PM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2008
Posts: 4571
I in such a bad mood at the beginning of watching this...after having finished Kurozuka and Chaos Head, but by about half-way through, I was in a much better mood. An actual story with good characters and plot, with a great climax and development. I really liked this episode, and grew to like this show, which started out very roughly and with too much ecchi for my taste. Overall, the realationship between Kagura and Yomi was the heart and they really succeded in telling that story. 7/10 for me.
 
12-28-08, 9:54 PM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 144
Brilliant ending to the series! The emotions captured within the sibling relationship between Yomi and Kagura were executed well. The viewer could easily understand the powerful emotions Kagura feels at the very end, especially since now we cannot blame her if she ends up becoming numb and feeling nothing towards others.

Surely there must be a second season. After all, Ga Rei Zero is a prequel. If the creators went against making a second season, then they should not have considered making Ga Rei Zero to begin with. I'm already anticipating the second season and what Kagura and Kensuke have in store for the audience! :]
~ SilentMuse, At Your Service. ~
 
12-28-08, 10:49 PM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2007
Posts: 57
Kotori said:
A second season without Yomi will be pointless.

QFT.
 
12-28-08, 10:54 PM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2008
Posts: 173
Yomi!! ;______;

I am also hoping for a second season. I want to see more of Moe Kagura <3
 
12-28-08, 11:49 PM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2008
Posts: 5683
It seems that there will be a second season, considering that the blue butterfly guy is still alive..

 
12-29-08, 12:38 AM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2007
Posts: 1428
kathy025 said:
Kotori said:
A second season without Yomi will be pointless.

QFT.


Then you won't be disappointed then xD

God can only know why they decided to base a prequel on Yomi of all people...

Nayuki_Love Scanlations, bringing bishojos to a manga near you!
 
12-29-08, 10:00 AM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2008
Posts: 22
The ending was great. A little different from what I thought it'd be after reading the manga, but still great. (Can't remember if they showed the part where Kagura kills Yomi as a flashback in the manga. Read it quite some time ago and I've forgotten most of it.)
Hearing Shiraishi Minoru do Kensuke's voice was weird. I don't think his character fits with the voice.
Hopefully there will be more anime of this series, but it'd probably be an adaption of the manga, if so.
 
12-29-08, 11:13 AM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2007
Posts: 541
Great ending. And there will obviously be another season, we just don't know when they will make it. Now to read the manga to spoil the second season.
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Free&sclick=1][/url]
I take icon requests.
 
12-29-08, 11:25 AM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2007
Posts: 144
loved the ending... it was pretty cool how they incorporated the manga into the end too... hope they make a second series cause yomi isnt dead yet... it would be cool for them to finish off the last part of her in the series...
 
12-29-08, 11:51 AM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 635
NOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!! ..it's..over!!!..don't go!
..i so liked it...
 
12-29-08, 12:52 PM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2008
Posts: 607
the second duel in this episode make me cry :((
damn that BGM XD

well 10/10 for the last episode
9/10 for the whole series.
 
12-29-08, 1:42 PM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2007
Posts: 3421
Surprisingly, no tears were shed while I was watching Yomi's eventual demise, but that doesn't make it any less depressing. the battle between them was so well executed, camera angles, flashbacks, and overall direction. Such a tragic figure end up with a noble death, she ends up taking a spot in my favorite characters list.
8/10 overall for the show.
 
12-29-08, 4:12 PM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2008
Posts: 440
Nice way to end the series, hopefully there will be a 2nd season based on the manga..
 
12-29-08, 6:16 PM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2007
Posts: 2229
Like everybody else has already said over and over, a great way to end the series. And I really wouldn't mind a second season based on the manga.

In any case, I'm definitely picking up the manga.

Overall Ga-Rei Zero gets a 9/10 from me.

Felli disapproves of this thread.
 
12-29-08, 7:05 PM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2008
Posts: 3930
Pretty badass fight scene for the final episode, very pleased.
 
12-29-08, 7:53 PM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2008
Posts: 106
Such an amazing ending, one of those great animes I wish I had started watching when the first episode aired.

Really wish they had some intake from the squad at the beginning of the anime but It can't be helped. Either way it's still an amazing anime and this is on hell of an ending.

A second season wouldn't be bad and I think there's still a way for them to keep it going nice and good.
 
12-30-08, 3:33 AM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2008
Posts: 4490
That was a great last episode, the fights were crisp and the emotions were strong. I am saddened that Yomi had to die, but I like the Kagura that results. 8/10 for the series.
 
12-30-08, 7:16 AM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2008
Posts: 54
9/10 overall
wonder if the second season follows the manga or not
 
12-30-08, 12:16 PM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2008
Posts: 385
question for the manga readers..does Kagura just only use Ga rei, or does she still use a sword and fight too? or is that just the guys job now?
 
Top
Pages (6) -0.6 0.4 [1.4] 2.4 3.4 » ... Last »
Advertising     FAQ     About     Contact     Terms     Privacy