MyAnimeList.net

Anime Information
Forums

Recent Posts | My Watched Topics | My Ignored Topics | Search

Ga-Rei -Zero- Episode 12 Discussion
MyAnimeList.net Forum »» Anime Discussion »» Series Discussion »» Ga-Rei: Zero »» Ga-Rei -Zero- Episode 12 Discussion

Pages (15) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
View Poll Results: Ga-Rei -Zero- Episode 12 Discussion
5 out of 5: Loved it!

363 78.57%
4 out of 5: Liked it

74 16.02%
3 out of 5: It was OK

12 2.60%
2 out of 5: Disliked it

8 1.73%
1 out of 5: Hated it

5 1.08%
Voters: 462

12-28-08, 4:13 AM

I knew it was going to happen, but still got teary. *sigh*
Hope second season comes around soon.

| I swear these links aren't suspicious at all |

12-28-08, 4:38 AM

Yomi does appear in the manga as an enemy... she is more of a true specter this time and plans unleashing a great evil. So Kagura (along with Ken, who they introduced next to Kagura at the very end of the episode) will have to face her again.

I imagine there will probably be a sequel to Zero that follows the plotline of the anime (since Zero was a prequel)... but I don't think there are really enough volumes of the manga now to have a complete series that can end and stay true to the manga story. My guess is they will wait until more of the manga story is published before producing an anime that follows Ga-Rei.

12-28-08, 4:43 AM

PimpToad said:
First of all, they did justice to high school girl Kagura! Damn, she is just as cute as her manga counterpart!

Can't really say... Manga Kagura is still better

awesome anime. A bit iffy at the start but has gone better episode by episode. Can't think of a better ending. especially how Yomi won against the death stone's powers

Nori-chan FTW!!!!

12-28-08, 4:55 AM

Gawd, I just love this show. It's a heart-breaking ending. T____T
Well, this is just the prequel of Ga-Rei. I can't really wait when they animate the manga series!

10/10. I don't care what you people say. :D
They see me trollin', they hatin'.

12-28-08, 6:06 AM

Dunno why i didnt like the ending much,i hoped for something better,but anyway it was a good show.

12-28-08, 7:39 AM

I'm not sure how to feel about the ending...
I have no problem with the story, but there's something about the order they put things in this episode that I disliked. It was good up to the part where Kaguya went berserk after Yomi's death, however after that they should've made it more... I don't know. More quiet. But that's just me.

Ehh, but Yomi sure is delicious. XD
Anyway, great series, really. I'm very interested in the manga now. Also, I wonder if there are any figurines of this out there. *sparkle sparkle*

12-28-08, 7:42 AM

Now we only have to with and see if a second season is going to be announce.
An amazing series!

12-28-08, 7:49 AM

Manga spoiler...

A good series overall. My only complaint was that they never went back to the characters from the first episode. There was a brief cameo in one of the later episodes where the two of them walk by Kagura chatting with her friends, but we never see them again after that. I can understand why they didn't, as it would be kind of hard to transition back to them, but I'm still a little disappointed.
Modified by SilentPredator03, 12-28-08, 11:00 AM

12-28-08, 8:29 AM

SilentPredator03 said:
That makes sense. In order to kill Mei, Yomi had to destroy her Death Stone. Kagura clearly didn't destroy Yomi's as it was in her head and Kagura stabbed her in the stomach.
So you are not phazed at all with the fact that was a blatant spoiler which should go under a SPOILER TAG? Seriously people, anything from the manga should be marked as a spoiler, specially since this is a prequel to the manga.

A good series overall. My only complaint was that they never went back to the characters from the first episode. There was a brief cameo in one of the later episodes where the two of them walk by Kagura chatting with her friends, but we never see them again after that. I can understand why they didn't, as it would be kind of hard to transition back to them, but I'm still a little disappointed.
Well, this indeed is one of the stains in the season. They specifically created this cast of characters just to confuse manga readers and trick viewers. Everyone else was handled well, but those guys were just used then thrown aside once that episode was over with. An OVA could help, since I would advice against adding them in a proper manga adaptation (don't want manga readers screaming foul).

12-28-08, 8:32 AM

Pretty good for a prologue especially as an anime-only prologue. The first and early eps along with the later ones were very good, I felt the middle ones dragged it down a bit. I wish they had made the fight more epic but oh well. Also way too much crying. 8/10

"I'd rather die on my feet than live on my knees." By Emiliano Zapata

12-28-08, 8:58 AM

I want Yomi back.... ;(
~_~ !

12-28-08, 10:17 AM

And thus ends my favourite show of the season :(

It was an amazing episode though, and they way they connected everything to the manga towards the end was just great and made me bump it to a 10/10 from a 9/10.
And also, I agree with whoever said that you need to read the manga to fully appreciate the awesomeness of this series.

*hopes for an animation of the manga*
Modified by Charliehsv, 12-28-08, 10:22 AM

12-28-08, 10:27 AM

What an amazing episode, it was far better than I expected, but sad that Yomi is gone.

9/10

Sent with Mal Updater

12-28-08, 11:02 AM

great show..it did it's job and got me interested enough, i think i'll read the manga now.

12-28-08, 11:14 AM

Leon-Gun said:
So you are not phazed at all with the fact that was a blatant spoiler which should go under a SPOILER TAG? Seriously people, anything from the manga should be marked as a spoiler, specially since this is a prequel to the manga.

Manga spoilers

12-28-08, 11:19 AM

SilentPredator03 said:
Leon-Gun said:

Manga spoilers

Maybe I overreacted, so forgive me for that. But it is part of the discussion rules to mark all spoilers. It is indeed true that it would be incentive into reading the manga/watching a possible second season (or season 1 if we go with the fact this season was season Zero)

12-28-08, 11:22 AM

Really sad ending. Made me cry. And the last scene was an actual scene from the manga (and now Kagura looks so MOE <3).
Well, the existence of 2nd season depends on how good the DVDs will sell. Since, the 1st volume was released, we'll probably find out soon.

12-28-08, 12:00 PM

ArucardPL said:
Really sad ending. Made me cry. And the last scene was an actual scene from the manga (and now Kagura looks so MOE <3).
Well, the existence of 2nd season depends on how good the DVDs will sell. Since, the 1st volume was released, we'll probably find out soon.

Yea, the last scene was like the first 3 or 4 pages of the manga. Also, the when the DVD's are all released (beginning/mid summer), the manga should be have released at least 2 more volumes making that 10. So there should be a sufficient amount of material for a 26 episode series, hopefully.

Just a side note: does anyone know when the 9th volume will be released? Wikipedia, amazon.jp or play-asia doesn't have anything listed or even confirmed for that matter. I don't wanna make this a manga thread, but if someone knows, I'd appreciate it.

12-28-08, 1:47 PM

The final episode was pretty sad, but well done nonetheless. I really hope that a second season is going to come out for this.

12-28-08, 1:57 PM

HappyPear said:
The final episode was pretty sad, but well done nonetheless. I really hope that a second season is going to come out for this.

A second season without Yomi will be pointless.

Pages (15) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Help     FAQ     About     Contact     Terms     Privacy     AdChoices