Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Jan 12, 2009 12:14 PM

Dec 2008
Haha, me
Reindal said:
shadysaiyan said:
After finishing this great show (hopefully to continue) was anyone just blown away by the first episode when you thought (if you've never heard of Ga-Rei) that orange squad werer the main characters and that lead guy and girl there were like awesome parters and stuff then Yomi destroys them in 5 seconds and your like WTF just happened??? how is this gonna continue with the main characters dead??? They all look edpretty cool though, its too bad they got obliterated.

That's exactly what I had in mind when I finished the first ep. I figured we'd get some flashbacks about that orange squad and then work our way up to the climax point. But it seems I was off when it came to the characters.
too apparently :
Jan 14, 2009 1:45 PM

May 2007
Awesome ending. Must. Read. Manga. Now! (but i dont know if I'll like it without yomi.) Too shaken up to say anything more.

10/10 for the episode, 9/10 for the whole series. Now I have to re-rate my whole list...
DaBigDJan 15, 2009 6:36 AM
Jan 18, 2009 5:14 PM

Feb 2008
Yomi ;__;.. best and most beautiful character in this show died just like that. I blame that bitch Mei and her father for everything.

Pretty meh series overall, 3/4 of it felt like a prequel to the prequel.

6/10, bumped up 4 points because of Yomi.

Anyhow, watching this series felt a lot like playing Crisis Core, you have that one character that you know will eventually go evil (AKA Yomi in Ga-Rei, and Sephiroth in CC), and you're waiting and expecting for that moment, while seeing how great they were before they went bad, rather queer feeling.
CottonCandyLoverJan 18, 2009 5:18 PM
Jan 19, 2009 4:56 PM
May 2008
Blah. :|

Mediocre series for me. The first two episodes were shockers but after that, it turned into a schoolgirl-vs-schoolgirl (anyone else annoyed they never changed costumes??) w/ pet demons -type of series. Throw in some archetype Japanese old guys, a flowery umbrella swordswoman who hates that she doesn't get some ... sword, stereotypical pretty unmarried handicapped leaderwoman, and an unfortunate marriage arrangement for two +family issues, and that's the rest of it. It's tough out there for an exorcist.

I did enjoy Nabuu-tachi though. Great voice actor.

Jan 23, 2009 6:44 AM

Jun 2008
scherzo said:
Blah. :|

Mediocre series for me. The first two episodes were shockers but after that, it turned into a schoolgirl-vs-schoolgirl (anyone else annoyed they never changed costumes??) w/ pet demons -type of series. Throw in some archetype Japanese old guys, a flowery umbrella swordswoman who hates that she doesn't get some ... sword, stereotypical pretty unmarried handicapped leaderwoman, and an unfortunate marriage arrangement for two +family issues, and that's the rest of it. It's tough out there for an exorcist.

I did enjoy Nabuu-tachi though. Great voice actor.

*Sputters and chokes*
Peace through Superior Firepower!

formosan said:
Are you using some kind of advanced logic I don't know about? Have you decided to assign new meanings to English words? Are you just intentionally burning a straw man and knowing full well that you're changing the subject and misrepresenting a claim?
Jan 23, 2009 8:32 AM
Dec 2008
Quite a sad ending.... I liked Yomi a lot but Kagura isnt bad as well.

lol I wish there is season two. Damn good anime. I felt like crying at the end when Kagura killed Yomi. But I think it was a good but sad ending.
Jan 25, 2009 12:34 AM

Apr 2008
Originally an 8/10. Until this episode. 9/10. This series was FANTASTIC, everything built up for the ending! Absolutely flawless.
Jan 25, 2009 2:00 AM

Jun 2008
gdavge2003 said:
Originally an 8/10. Until this episode. 9/10. This series was FANTASTIC, everything built up for the ending! Absolutely flawless.

Eh, at 11 I was willing to give this a 10, but after ep 12 I downgraded my rating to 9. It appears we are in difference of opinion.

formosan said:
Are you using some kind of advanced logic I don't know about? Have you decided to assign new meanings to English words? Are you just intentionally burning a straw man and knowing full well that you're changing the subject and misrepresenting a claim?
Jan 25, 2009 12:01 PM

Jul 2008
I HIGHLY doubt there will be a second season, but it'd be a sure watch on my list if there was. ^_^;

But oh wow, I cant believe Yomi is actually dead? Really, she doesnt deserve any of that...sigh I really pity her. I was really hoping that she didnt really die...but I guess they didnt want a normal "happy ending"...

On the bright side though, Kagura did the right thing in the end! And omg Kiri! She's like a little kid now...so cute! I wonder how she forgot her memory though...she only recieved a stab to the gut...does that somehow affect her brain? Lol. I hope she goes back to hear normal job though, because she was awesome. xD

I will give the manga a try, but I'm not quite motivated to know that Yomi wont really be in it? :S
Bleed for me.

Jan 27, 2009 5:23 AM

Apr 2008
I'd suggest reading the manga, for all Yomi and Kagura fans ^.^
Jan 31, 2009 10:51 AM

Jun 2008
Aren't you already sick of those miracle happy endings ??? I can't stand them anymore XD Yomi died yokata.
Feb 1, 2009 6:01 AM

Jun 2008
Tsukanda said:
I will give the manga a try, but I'm not quite motivated to know that Yomi wont really be in it? :S

She is in it.

Just a substantial bit less awesome than she is here.

Either way, it's bad for Yomi fans.

formosan said:
Feb 5, 2009 2:24 PM

Sep 2008
it was a really good anime! but sad when yomi died.): but overall it was pretty good.
give it 9/10. also hope there is a second season!!!??
Delivery (^_^) set by Nate

Feb 11, 2009 2:38 AM

May 2007
scherzo said:
(anyone else annoyed they never changed costumes??)
Isn't that always the case in half of the anime? They stay 90% with the same clothes throughout the whole anime; I recall seeing a wardrobe in anime that had about 10 of the same clothes hanging in it.
Mar 23, 2009 3:56 AM

Jan 2009
Aww...., such a tragic end...
Why did Yomi must die ?

Man, this anime were awesome !
Setting aside the part when Yomi died, i like the end (2 years later). Kagura looks lovely there

Looking forward to second season !
Mar 23, 2009 1:53 PM
Oct 2008
loved the ending!! I wish there is a second season
Mar 25, 2009 4:40 PM

Mar 2008
yamato21 said:

Why did Yomi must die ?

because she killed Natsuki from ep 1 ... that is a serious crime ...
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 26, 2009 7:55 AM

Nov 2007
Just finished it. Pretty good series. 7/10. I will probably not read the manga, since Yomi was the only thing keeping this series from dropping to a 6.

Mar 29, 2009 7:50 AM

Jun 2008
I doubt it will be a second season, in any case I wouldn't want one without Yomi.
Damn, I knew she was gonna die, but was hoping that Kagura is gonna kill that white haired kid and somehow let Yomi survive.
The whole show was very good, but I gave it a 9 cause of the sad ending...
//“The third time is for what will be. The way back will come but once. Be steadfast.”
Mar 30, 2009 12:37 PM

Mar 2008
natsuki-chan-bg said:
I doubt it will be a second season, in any case I wouldn't want one without Yomi.
Damn, I knew she was gonna die, but was hoping that Kagura is gonna kill that white haired kid and somehow let Yomi survive.
The whole show was very good, but I gave it a 9 cause of the sad ending...

killing natsuki was too a serious a crime for me to ever accept yomi
but anyway, i also think it deserves a 9 ^_^

the OP rock!!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 4, 2009 4:20 PM

May 2007
Yomi :(
Apr 8, 2009 6:30 PM

Aug 2008
I cried. . .;-;
Everytime Yomi killed someone, I was like agh =.=
Sad how Yomi dies in the end even though it was predictable.
I wanted something like "she is broken from the stone and the 2 sisters make up and everyones happy) xD Not possible.

The ending is like the cherry on top. :9

9/10
Apr 19, 2009 6:04 AM

Jul 2008
a really awesome anime. it had its great moments, a lot of emotions was building up. everything was fitting, how it began with those 2 confusing episodes, then telling thier happy days and finally the clash in the end. totally fall in love with this anime <3
and of course those awesome characters and the lovely op <3.
dont know if they would make a 2nd one but i would definetly watch it.

i really love yomi <3, she had a lot of problems and still showed her strong side but she was so broken when she lost everything. it was really touching and i was pitying her.
dont know if i should call this a good ending, but i prefered this one over a "we save yomi because of a miracle" ending. so after all it was a great anime, and i am glad i catch this up :3
10/10 for me

eidt: imba sword is imba xD, totally reminds me of the ones in nanoha.
edit 2: besides there are still some questions that should be answered, like some scenes in the first 1-2 episodes. there are some connections between tooru and yomi and i woudl to know in which way they are related><
KisekiApr 19, 2009 6:12 AM

Apr 25, 2009 4:30 PM

Apr 2009
Why did Yomi seriousy have to die =(
ANd Kagura maturing >.< XDD
COmeon for a second season plz, after the almost worhtless first episode, this turned out to be a great series.

May 5, 2009 6:41 PM
Feb 2008
:3 FUCKING MASTERPIECE!

Seriously though quite good! Though the manga seems so different in comparison. If they do a followup series I hope it draws more from 0 than the actual manga.
May 8, 2009 6:48 PM

Feb 2009
^ Agreed. Though I don't know how they can "draw more" from Zero, hence why I don't really want a second season.

Kensuke just doesn't do the series any justice. He's a completely worthless and typical shounen "hero" for me. I was so disappointed with the manga after crying buckets for the anime... One of Zero's biggest draws was the Yomi x Kagura relationship, and it's pretty... different in the manga. Shame, really. :\
May 8, 2009 10:42 PM

Dec 2008
heh. i liked the ending. even though it didn't end how i expected it to end, it was still good.
and it gets a 10/10 from me (mostly because of the story line)
May 26, 2009 11:54 PM

Oct 2007
Awesome series. I wonder about the first group that first appeared? How did Yomi know them?

As for the ending, it was good.

Seems like there will be more
Jun 30, 2009 4:00 PM

May 2009
Sadface ;_;

Very good anime.
stAtic91Dec 12, 2009 4:46 PM
Jul 4, 2009 6:02 PM

Dec 2007
I just love this show, now to the manga ^^

Jul 11, 2009 5:25 PM

Aug 2008
Eh, well people should know that this show was the prequel to the manga... So yeah... I personally think this gets an average normal rating out of me.
Jul 13, 2009 11:30 AM

Apr 2009
It just bugged me at the epilogue where you see Kensuke and Kagura by the tower... this is like in the future so I just wished she looked like her manga counterpart. I am waiting for Ga Rei to continue in anime and hope that Kagura looks like how she looks in the manga so that I won't be confused -_-''
Jul 13, 2009 11:02 PM
Dec 2007
crimson_eye said:
It just bugged me at the epilogue where you see Kensuke and Kagura by the tower... this is like in the future so I just wished she looked like her manga counterpart. I am waiting for Ga Rei to continue in anime and hope that Kagura looks like how she looks in the manga so that I won't be confused -_-''
Or you know, maybe they will just do the adaptation in the same vein they began with zero. Big possibility, though that all depends on whether they WILL do the adaptation of the manga. I'm hoping they will but it's all a coin toss in the end.

Jul 16, 2009 11:20 PM

Aug 2008
Oh my the ending was so awaited but hey, it was amazing nonetheless!!! I Really didn't expect less from this amazing show... The execution was perfect and it really leaves you a feel of wanting more and immediately go read the manga in which this amazing prequel is based on... My gosh Kagura really had a hard time today... she had to "kill" her best friend... and she said she loved her... I guess that what comes when you deny the feeling of hatred and you suddenly turn it into love.. i feel that Yomi really taunted the poor Kagura and almost made her feel like she felt when she killed Mei....I dunno what ya think, I just hope Kagura really understands what her father meant when he said to her those words... I hope Iwazaha and the NAbbu bro 2 are wrong.... I hope she recovers her human heart someday....

Signs,
Green
Jul 16, 2009 11:22 PM
Dec 2008
WOW, let me just say this episode was amazing. cant wait till the next release.
Jul 22, 2009 10:50 PM

Jun 2009
It was a good ending.
In the end he was a chicken after all...noki made me so angry...

Where there is no imagination there is no horror. || Arthur Conan Doyle || Happy Halloween!
Jul 29, 2009 9:46 AM

Jul 2009
this anime couldn't have a better ending it was perfect!!
Aug 13, 2009 1:47 AM

Apr 2007
Eh, the final episode wasn't bad, but I think it could have been much better. Mostly regarding the final fight and Yomi's death. Sudden branch off into the future is kind of out of nowhere, even if it is leading up to the manga series, it shouldn't use that as a bridge.

Anyway, glad I picked this up and finished it finally since everything after the Mei episodes and before the final episode was incredible.
Sep 3, 2009 6:35 PM

Jun 2009
Ga-Rei zero feels a lot more western when compared to the manga Ga-Rei.

in Ga-Rei manga, there's more traditional popular Japanese Monsters such as Kamaitachi, Tengu, Yuki-onna, Kyuubi and Ogre alike

^_^ And yeah, Kagura is cuter in a few years time, Kensuke is an interesting character too ^_^
Sep 11, 2009 11:38 AM
Mar 2008
Incredibly sad ending ;_; but beautiful at the same time, I nearly cried.
Hopefully they'll make a second season.
As for this, 9/10, one of my favourite shows.
Sep 22, 2009 11:59 AM

Feb 2008
That was acutally a great end. It made the anime look more serious. Future Kagura is hot. Do want S2. D:

10/10
Sep 24, 2009 12:59 PM

Sep 2009
could someone please tell me how are called eating chocolate chopsticks kagura??? please

Oct 1, 2009 12:02 PM

Jul 2009
This series Was Great From Start To Finish 10/10!!!
Oct 9, 2009 8:12 AM

Aug 2008
What a brilliant show. Incredibly touching moments.

I still can't get over how badass the Director was.

9/10. :)
Oct 13, 2009 7:43 PM
Mar 2008
Oh well. Other than the kissing scene in episode 3 or 4 or something i couldent say i found the anime too interesting.

was hoping for something more... and less cute girls dead. Yomi shouldent turned evil. that ruined it for me :D
Oct 28, 2009 4:19 AM

Aug 2009
Great series, got me hooked from the start and all the way to the end. Will there be a 2nd season? I sure hope so.

The "chocolate chopsticks" are called Pocky and are pretty popular in Asia
Nov 17, 2009 2:30 PM

Aug 2009
I don't like this show at all.
NayahFeb 20, 2010 3:04 AM
Dec 15, 2009 2:59 PM

Oct 2008
Hm pretty good but nothing special. Ending was OK, Yomi had to die but for me the show kinda meandered along to the end. That left the end scences not having much impact on me. I don't plan on reading the manga, so hopefully AIC can make a sequel sometime soon as they have defintely set up the ending for one.

Overall pleased I watched this;
8/10
Dec 17, 2009 2:58 PM
Aug 2009
Well i think it's my bad for reading manga first but... why the hell was Yomi so weak? In manga it was said that she was far better than Kagura (i mean before Kagura grew up). And here Kagura is lot stronger... And another think - i reeeeaaaaalllllyyyyy hoped that grown-up Kagura gonna have kick-ass voice. And what the hell was that...?

Anyway it wasn't a masterpiece but it was good, almost like manga :) 9/10
Jan 2, 2010 9:41 PM
Oct 2007
javi-chan said:
could someone please tell me how are called eating chocolate chopsticks kagura??? please

umm...i'm assuming your first language isn't english so I'm guessing you want to know what those 'chocolate chopsticks' are called - they're called Pocky.

You can pretty much find them in any asian grocery store in the sweets section or whatnot.

remember, if the world didn't suck...we'd all fall off.
Pages (7) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ga-Rei -Zero- Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

angel999 - Oct 5, 2008

282 by Lanz »»
Dec 31, 2023 6:12 AM

Poll: » Ga-Rei -Zero- Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

removed-user - Dec 14, 2008

76 by Archean-Return »»
Jul 19, 2023 6:04 PM

Poll: » Ga-Rei -Zero- Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

removed-user - Dec 8, 2008

107 by Archean-Return »»
Jul 19, 2023 5:29 PM

Poll: » Ga-Rei -Zero- Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

removed-user - Nov 30, 2008

93 by Archean-Return »»
Jul 19, 2023 5:04 PM

Poll: » Ga-Rei -Zero- Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

ternalnodorei - Nov 23, 2008

150 by Archean-Return »»
Jul 19, 2023 4:21 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.