Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
5 Centimeters per Second
Available on Manga Store
New
Apr 13, 2013 11:43 AM
Jan 2013
I have had this movie deep hidden in my files for quite some time now, since I felt like watching it in 2009 or 2010 I guess but never really came to it. After I TRIED to clean up my pc today I came across it and immediately started to watch it.
It was a wonderful story, it had a nice realistic touch to it and I really felt like I was going through it all. It touched right from the beginning with the notes being read and seeing Takaki like he gave up on life. I don't regret watching it but in the end I wasn't as moved as in the beginning and that was a bit disappointing. I really hoped they met each other again with their new lovers and went to a restaurant or something and talked a bit about their new lives and moved on after that. I really think that would have given a nice ending feel to it. I saw quite a few people say the movie is boring but that's just the point of view you're looking at it. It's just an realistic story about how it could be in your own real life and most people could see that as a boring thing since maybe it's how you really feel about your own life. I'm not here to hate on people or make fun on people but I just really think it's a beautiful story that quite a few people can't accept because of there own happiness isn't what they want.

Well now on-topic, I came across the 5cm Special Episode a while later and it was just a fast sumary of the whole movie with a few additional pieces (I don't how to bring it differently) that where not shown in the movie. The song from the Ending had it's full version in the Special I guess? While at the whole movie I haven't even shed tears for 1 time, that special somehow made me cry at the second it started. Since I watched the movie in the morning/afternoon and the special in the evening it immediately reminded me back of that great story and I felt the emptyness in my heart again. It inspired me to write this with tears in my eyes but I hope it turns out well.

I give this movie a well deserved 10/10.
Apr 15, 2013 4:13 AM
Dec 2012
What special are you talking about ?
Apr 15, 2013 4:15 AM

Aug 2009
i think its more of a music video or something. i've seen it and its very good ;)
Apr 15, 2013 4:18 AM
Dec 2012
Propater said:
i think its more of a music video or something. i've seen it and its very good ;)

Any link please ?
Jun 10, 2013 2:59 PM

Oct 2009
gargS said:
Propater said:

Any link please ?

It comes prepackaged with the blu ray. The Global Edition has subs so buy that if you want to see it.

Jun 11, 2013 10:31 PM

May 2013
I believe it's this:

More topics from this board

Poll: » Byousoku 5 Centimeter General Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Faust721 - Jul 19, 2007

776 by drried »»
Apr 14, 6:26 AM

» What did you feel after watching Makoto Shinkai`s 5 Centimeter per Second? ( 1 2 3 )

IRIS-T - Mar 6, 2016

108 by Hasan_Lelouch »»
Mar 11, 9:22 AM

Poll: » Who's the best girl?

spectre699 - Sep 23, 2023

9 by Jusne »»
Mar 3, 4:59 PM

» im confused

_txhsin__ - Feb 20, 2023

19 by frodberserk »»
Jan 3, 4:23 PM

Poll: » Byousoku 5 Centimeter Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

then - Jul 5, 2008

75 by oooo3333 »»
Aug 27, 2023 11:16 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.