Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Apr 13, 2013 10:44 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Mm episode was okay I guess. Some nice action and seems like someone met his match for a moment there. The Suzuhara and Sagara moments were kinda cute.

Oh and damn, that teacher is getting a lot attention in this episode. Some of the scenes with the rain and backgrounds were beautiful though.
Apr 13, 2013 11:34 AM

Nov 2009
Love the romantic development! ^^ Hahahaha

I'm worried though...because I think Himegami said Miyuki should be with Izumiko...or else...she will pass way...>.<
witchhuntressApr 13, 2013 11:56 AM

"Belief is the death of intelligence." ~Robert Anton Wilson~
Apr 13, 2013 5:33 PM

Nov 2007
Kimura-san's character is also shikigami? And he wears girl's uniform with long hair (glad that he has non-antagonist character for this season). Then FukuJun's character became their teacher. Ishida-san's character!! Wow, there are few new characters introduced.

Some soul (same thing?) got into her again?

Because of the makeup, he got blushed. lol, cute.
tsubasaloverMay 4, 2013 7:12 AM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Apr 13, 2013 6:12 PM

Oct 2012
Just now I am checking every anime hosting site. They all have the same raw
version. The audio is great. By they are only showing 2 frames per second.
So the action is really, really jerky. I wonder why. Is there a better version
already up somewhere? I don't mind raw. But 2 frames/second is not enough.
Apr 14, 2013 12:34 AM
Aug 2011
okanagan said:
Just now I am checking every anime hosting site. They all have the same raw
version. The audio is great. By they are only showing 2 frames per second.
So the action is really, really jerky. I wonder why. Is there a better version
already up somewhere? I don't mind raw. But 2 frames/second is not enough.

Anime Crazy's version is fine! I just watched the raw there.
Apr 14, 2013 2:35 AM

Dec 2012
wtf o_O why this anime already in the fifth episode
isn't it just began broadcasted two weeks ago?
Apr 14, 2013 3:02 AM

Dec 2007
Omnisword said:
Pre-aired version's up to episode 5. Low quality. First episode of the actual airing came up after the third pre-aired episode.
Apr 14, 2013 11:05 AM

Sep 2012
Good to see Yama no Susume all over again.

Anyway, quite a few new characters introduced. Things are brewing.... Think they deal with each manifestation of Himegami quite well - the gravity and tension is well conveyed. And now we hear more foreboding revelation from her...

BTW I only notice in this episode that a different seiyuu voices Himegami. Interesting.
symbvApr 14, 2013 11:40 AM
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Apr 15, 2013 10:55 AM

Jan 2013
Interesting episode and at times very beautiful.

I still wonder if Yukimasa is a bad guy or good one. There is something not right with him.

I imagine there will be some bad people who will want to awaken the godess. I would like to see Izumiko become less passive.
"What color do you want to be?" -Shiina Mashiro
Apr 15, 2013 11:52 AM
May 2012
I really liked it. I sense romance growing O u O. The epilogue part after the ending credits was adorable. Oh Miyuki you cute tsundere you.
Apr 15, 2013 12:02 PM

Oct 2011
Great action in the beginning with Masami. Damn he's back and a teacher at their school. Whoa if she becomes the goddess Izumiko dies? Interesting development.
Apr 15, 2013 12:58 PM

Mar 2013
Another slow episode, but in a good way. It's as if the show knows where it's going and it's taking its time revealing bits and pieces of the overarching story in a way that keeps you hooked, at least for me anyway.

That IzumikoxMiyuki moment at the end... ah la la the romance is finally getting started ☜(*▽*)☞
Apr 15, 2013 1:06 PM

Aug 2011
Adflaksdjfasdfkasdf. That Miyuki blush near the end. It was so fucking cute. Miyuki x Izumiko kldjfalksdfa. Best ship.

This episode was great as usual. So if Izumiko becomes the Himegami, humanity will become extinct? Interesting.

I knew Masumi was a guy. That entire scene with Masumi defeating Takayanagi was amazing. The way he kept repeatedly slapping Takayanagi was hilarious.
Apr 15, 2013 1:24 PM

Feb 2009
Multiple time bitch slapping eh?
Apr 15, 2013 1:42 PM

Mar 2012
They're working slow on the development of romance, which is great. I wish more series did this 'cause most romance now featured on anime seem to just automatically come into place. This was far more realistic.

As for the overarching plot...well, the pace is also kind of slow, but here's an inherent contradiction. Yukimasa said people who can communicate with deities need to be around so that nature won't disconnect itself from humanity. But the himegami says to never allow her to come into existence again? Not sure what to make of it, really. But this series should comfortably close at episode 12 with its current pacing anyway.
Apr 15, 2013 1:48 PM

Mar 2012
Omnisword said:

I don't remember this ever happening but this season features some series that are pre-aired on niconico. RDG and Date A Live both have low-quality pre-aired episodes (there could be others I'm not sure). Suisei no Gargantia also pre-aired its first two episodes, although I think it stopped there and TV is catching on.
Apr 15, 2013 2:04 PM

Jan 2013
Nice little fight in the beginning. The himegami makes another appearance and drops a shell on Miyuki. They showed some hints of romance. Overall for me the episode was alright.
Apr 15, 2013 2:50 PM

Feb 2012
Lemme guess, father and son will fight eventually over the goddess taking over Izumiko permanently.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 15, 2013 2:52 PM
Apr 2013
Aww...The MiyukiXIzumiko moments were JUST TOO CUTE! I love this slow romance development. Heh, I also love the epic Himegami. But i'm a biiiiiit confused.

"Lest the humans perish." ??? So the humans DIE?!
Apr 15, 2013 4:28 PM

Dec 2011
Wow, the Soudas are powerful. I liked the Miyuki/Izumiko moments. I'm really glad the himegami came out again, Izumiko always seems so cool at those moments.
Apr 15, 2013 4:41 PM

Jan 2013
cephilis said:
Lemme guess, father and son will fight eventually over the goddess taking over Izumiko permanently.

I agree with you! Somehow the father will face off with the son. Let's hope it's not too soon since Miyuki isn't powerful enough to win.
"What color do you want to be?" -Shiina Mashiro
Apr 15, 2013 4:42 PM
めんどくさい

Sep 2011
tezann_t said:
But the himegami says to never allow her to come into existence again?
Not "again" -- that hasn't happened yet, the himegami has only been possessing Izumiko, not manifesting herself.
Apr 15, 2013 4:47 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
AshLily said:
Wow, the Soudas are powerful. I liked the Miyuki/Izumiko moments.

Masumi was pretty awesome, I like how he kept slapping that Takayanagi guy. That's what you get for unnecessarily hurting others. But man, I felt a little trolled. I thought Masumi was a girl lol. But he's still a cool brother :) Also, I didn't expect to hear that rockish bgm in the beginning. I liked it. I love Miyuki and Izumiko moments...that last part where Miyuki blushed was adorable! I'm liking this more and more. I want to know what's up with that himegami.
Apr 15, 2013 5:48 PM
Jan 2013
Saying I was confused would be an exaggeration. First of all, exactly who is the third Souda sibling? We know they're triplets, Masumi died, and apparently the other two can bring Masumi back from time to time? (Since we know he's not human). But is he a boy or a girl? When he gets 'called out' does he have to possess someone in order to come out? We see him wearing a girl's uniform, then he changes to a male look when taking out Takayanagi, but then he reverts back to a female look when he's watching Mayura sleep. So exactly what is happening here?

Near the end, when Izumiko is possessed again, I get the feeling she's possessed by another god, not the Himegami, since if she was possessed by the Himegami wouldn't she be wearing the same kimono we saw last time as well as a similar voice? And, wait a minute, this god tells Mizuki not to let Izumiko become the next Himegami otherwise the earth will get rid of humanity? Didnt Yukimasa just say that they need people in contact with gods so that the earth WON'T get rid of humanity?
Apr 15, 2013 6:17 PM

May 2012
kinda a mysterious ending, kinda lookin forward to the next episode. Also im liking the romance development.
Apr 15, 2013 6:26 PM
めんどくさい

Sep 2011
nyansensei said:
But is he a boy or a girl?
sure.

nyansensei said:
When he gets 'called out' does he have to possess someone in order to come out?
didn't seem necessary to me.

nyansensei said:
We see him wearing a girl's uniform, then he changes to a male look when taking out Takayanagi, but then he reverts back to a female look when he's watching Mayura sleep. So exactly what is happening here?
Well, Masumi IS a powerful spirit - I assumed Masumi took whatever form felt most appropriate at the moment.

nyansensei said:
Didnt Yukimasa just say that they need people in contact with gods so that the earth WON'T get rid of humanity?
And you *trust* what Yukimasa says? ;)
Apr 15, 2013 7:03 PM

Jan 2013
Great episode.
She looks better without braids or long bangs.
Apr 15, 2013 7:37 PM

Jan 2013
loved the way Masumi slaps ppl
Apr 15, 2013 8:23 PM

Nov 2011
I feel like this anime doesn't explain much and just throws it all at us expecting that we'll pick it up. There are a lot of things left unexplained in my opinion and I think I'd be liking this anime more if it elaborated on them.
Somehow I can't bring myself to drop this despite how disconnected I feel and bored at times, I'm overall somehow enjoying it.
The art is unique and nice and so is the story. Though I can't say I really like any of the characters simply because of the lack of development.
I hope I can get into it more.
Apr 15, 2013 8:47 PM

May 2012
I love that multiple slap scene.. haha.. He really deserves it.
Apr 15, 2013 9:01 PM
Oct 2010
expecting tragedy now ;_;

really enjoying this series
Dont bother replying to my posts in forums, dont check them afterwards.

Apr 15, 2013 9:23 PM

Sep 2012
nyansensei said:
Saying I was confused would be an exaggeration. First of all, exactly who is the third Souda sibling? We know they're triplets, Masumi died, and apparently the other two can bring Masumi back from time to time? (Since we know he's not human). But is he a boy or a girl? When he gets 'called out' does he have to possess someone in order to come out? We see him wearing a girl's uniform, then he changes to a male look when taking out Takayanagi, but then he reverts back to a female look when he's watching Mayura sleep. So exactly what is happening here?
Basically Masumi is a boy but apparently likes to cross-dress. From what we see, he clearly does not need to possess anybody or anything to come out. And since he is not human, I think he can change his appearance at will which is why he can look all male when he fights Takayanagi but in the next moment has that cross-dressed look with long hair.

nyansensei said:
Near the end, when Izumiko is possessed again, I get the feeling she's possessed by another god, not the Himegami, since if she was possessed by the Himegami wouldn't she be wearing the same kimono we saw last time as well as a similar voice?
That voice of god is the same as the one by Himegami in an early episode though. Here I think you get confused because you expect when a god possesses someone he/she will change the clothes which are worn by the person he/she possesses, but that is not the case. The person will still wear the same clothes before she is possessed, and because she is wearing the clothes that the former student council asks her to wear to perform the dance, she is still wearing that when she is possessed by Himegami.

nyansensei said:
And, wait a minute, this god tells Mizuki not to let Izumiko become the next Himegami otherwise the earth will get rid of humanity? Didnt Yukimasa just say that they need people in contact with gods so that the earth WON'T get rid of humanity?
This is something for us all to ponder about. The thing is it looks contradictory but it is also possible that both sides are right. It all depends on who this Himegami is and what gods (bear in mind "gods" is in plural form) Yukimasa has in mind.

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Apr 15, 2013 9:38 PM

May 2010
ok,this is slowly becoming epic.
Apr 15, 2013 10:53 PM

Mar 2012
I'm kind of sad to see the low score on this show, since I'm actually really quite enjoying it. I love the serene atmosphere mixed in with moments of tension, and I love watching the spell scenes. I'm also really liking how the characters are developing, and the way the romance is being integrated into everything feels subtle but effective. This show's sense of subtlety is really a nice element, including in the way it handles plot twists.

My one real complaint about this show so far is that we often just get tossed into situations with too little explanation and almost no material to infer from. I'm not sure why it's done this way, but I feel like we're expected to just accept everything that happens and how they happen. But honestly, that has really deterred the series from doing some really good world-building. I wish they could've gone more into the mechanics of the spells and building up the world in which the characters are in. I guess this flaw is what's preventing me from thinking that this show could be something truly great, but I still enjoy it very much nonetheless.
Apr 16, 2013 12:02 AM

Sep 2012
The third twin, Masumi, isn't a girl?
And what the! Izumiko must not become the goddess!? :O
Apr 16, 2013 12:04 AM
Dec 2012
It felt like a filler. Not much developed. Her inner self reminded me of a destructive mage from Zetsuen no Tempest.
Apr 16, 2013 12:27 AM

Sep 2012
eminagnam said:
It felt like a filler. Not much developed.
I would hesitate to call the second manifestation of Himegami as "filler" though.

Apr 16, 2013 1:21 AM

Nov 2011
That.Last.Scene.
Apr 16, 2013 2:16 AM

Aug 2012
I felt every single one of those slaps.
Apr 16, 2013 4:44 AM
Mar 2013
didnt get much the part when she says - shouldnt become goddess
his attitude is so annoying at least for me he rejects here so easy and than runs after her lol
ps the part with slapping face made me laugh XD
Apr 16, 2013 6:06 AM

Nov 2007
:I awe that was really pretty/cute

the slapping scene was really weird tho XD

Apr 16, 2013 7:30 AM

Nov 2012
KingCez said:
expecting tragedy now ;_;

I kinda feel that way too. The end of the opening credits as she fades out while smiling and crying seems really similar to the way Nagisa fades out in the Clannad after story credits.

Im liking this show as well. Hoping Miyuki and Izumiko have a happy end.
niaxatoApr 16, 2013 11:57 AM
Apr 16, 2013 9:58 AM

Dec 2010
Guys, I'm calling it now but my guess:

Something/someone is going to try and trigger Izumiko's transformation (probably Yukimasa) and the way to stop her transformation is connected to her hair. They mentioned how hair holds "spiritual power" and she hasn't cut it since birth (besides her bangs which triggered her transformation) and her hair always comes down when she is being possessed so my guess is there will be a Tangled like ending where in the heat of the moment someone will cut her hair preventing her ability to channel the Himegami thus saving the world etc etc.

I'm actually kind of hoping it's not this ending and that all of the hints given thus far are red herrings (I adore surprises but have a knack for predictions, go figure) but even in the first episode Izumiko mentioned how she wanted short hair like her friend's and her friend said she'd take her to a hair dresser and that didn't happen.
Apr 16, 2013 11:46 AM

Feb 2012
Lol at the twin trap and Myuki going tsundere. It was a good episode though. Unlike others, I can't sense the tragedy at all... I guess I can't read the atmosphere well, lol.
The only thing you can rely on is that you can't rely on anything.
Apr 16, 2013 11:57 AM
Dec 2012
It was cheesy. Just a filler episode.
Apr 16, 2013 11:58 AM

Sep 2012
eminagnam said:
Won't call the second manifestation of Himegami announcing her reappearance can destroy the world as filler though.

Apr 16, 2013 12:25 PM
Dec 2012
symbv said:
eminagnam said:
Won't call the second manifestation of Himegami announcing her reappearance can destroy the world as filler though.

To you, it was not a filler. To me, it was a filler. Don't provoke others with your opinion.
Apr 16, 2013 12:28 PM

Jun 2011
For me it was boring.
"Nobody knows what the future holds. That's why its potential is infinite"- Rintarou Okabe
Apr 16, 2013 12:56 PM

Nov 2011
I can not believe it! O_O It's a boy ...
Another episode that I enjoyed the story and the plot, the main character made ​​up and very pretty, but I can not stand to see her already wagging his tail behind the protagonist! Wait a bit, even if there are only 12 episodes! LOL Screenplay great, beautiful character design!
Apr 16, 2013 5:37 PM

Sep 2012
I still don't like Miyuki or Yukimusa, but when the Himegami said to not let her come back caught my interest, so I think I'll continue watching.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » RDG: Red Data Girl Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jun 1, 2013

199 by KempachiZaraki »»
Aug 2, 2023 11:52 AM

» This anime was horrible

Olwen - Jun 16, 2013

33 by Warchiii »»
Jul 19, 2023 5:59 AM

Poll: » RDG: Red Data Girl Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 23, 2013

133 by Hanemiyakazutora »»
Dec 12, 2021 8:20 PM

Poll: » RDG: Red Data Girl Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Apr 20, 2013

82 by Stardew »»
Jul 5, 2021 2:37 PM

Poll: » RDG: Red Data Girl Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 16, 2013

209 by Stardew »»
Jul 1, 2021 8:43 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.