Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 21, 2008 1:59 PM

Nov 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Great episode all segments were great except the one with the dogs and foxes. That one was less great.

Finally Sato x Chika! Kiss happens! Kiss happens! Kiss happens! Kiss happens!

Koji x Yuki seems also to be around the corner.

BTW: Merry Christmas to all! Now for some more reviews

Let's do the part by part as usual since that's how this series is divided. Please be aware that the last episode will have only one segment but it will be long.

First: That was a funny part. About the whole idea of hot potatoes and which size to take. I though that those kids were taking it way too serious the whole thing. Until Sato appears it was just some serious thing between girls. Of course I would think Megumi would still have her weigh issues since hot potatoes tend to have high calories. That's why they are good anyways, cause they fill you up. I also tend to have same opinion of the French fries with ketchup of course.

Aihara was the quickest one to decide the hot potato, she just came an grabbed pretty straight forward. Sato/Koji/Tsubasa also just came and grabbed it was only the girls Chika/Yuki/Megumi who were slow with complexes. Sato made me laugh when Tsubasa ratted them out. XD He told Aihara something that made me think the collar bones thing was not true and the breast size still turns on Sato.

So guess what? You got it most likely, Sato gets beaten up by Chika/Yuki/Megumi for being Saite (the worst).

Second: this one I found the be rather boring than fun. The whole idea of foxes and dogs were just ridiculous although cute in nature. If I should have the choice I would most likely take the role of being a fox. At least I had chuckle when Aihara read the story in her book. I do admit one thing, the end of this part was very very cute and nice. It made me think of how winters and I used to play in harmony with my friends when I was 10 years old.

Third: The whole raffle in Christmas thing. I do have to admit it does make me want to try it out once I would visit Japan. However I heard from some people that some of them cheat you big time should be a Gaijin. So at first Sato then Koji and Tusbasa all try. They all get the crappy red ball which gives you the crappy Kleenexes pack. From the looks of the amount in their pockets they lost a lot. At least the girl in the girls clothes was cute.

The best comes with the girls. Yuki lost so it was funny since I though all the girls would win something better than the guys but it's when Aihara spins She get 4th price which I still wish to know what is in that box. Megumi won what I would gladly like, a coupon for a mega cake. It was a nice try of the guys to tell Megumi about the whole weigh situation but glad she was not foolish to fall for it and enjoyed her cake.

Fourth: That was the BEST! I do think it was possibly done before. The whole chalk incident where Chika tricks Sato into believing it is chalk you can eat because it smells like fruits. Sato being dumb falls for it and gets pissed off enough to tell Chika about how her cookies were bad. This pissed her off in the beyond so much she did not want to talk to Ryota. Koji explains to Sato pretty well the whole thing, he even proves it with Yuki. It did work out pretty well. Just that in reality he might die of Yuki's food poisoning.

So the best comes Sato goes and apologizes to Chika but she refuses to forgive him unless it is under one condition he has to kiss her. Yay! Yay! Do it Sato and be a man! He does do it but rather quickly and that is ok because that is how it should be done with kids, especially in such a public place.

Fifth: There is a fifth segment in this one. I found it to be great! Christmas between young ones! What better way to develop ones relations as in friends and the perhaps the girl that one has a crush on. Sato really got a nice gift for Chika although I would go something else. Nice heart shaped brooches. Megumi is obviously enjoying her cake that she got through her coupon. No surprise about Natsumi, sports stuff like a bat and glove will be good for the next year. Koji getting more food form Yuki was funny. Someone should give him Pepto Bysmol or THUMS. XD Aihara I am not too sure. Hahhaha, that was a little funny about the part that Tsubasa got a telescope and it was also no surprise since he is fascinated by space, will he work for NASA someday?

Chika and Sato were very cute on the balcony enjoying the snow falling. :3
Maybe screen shots later.

After subs thoughts

I really did not know the word fart in Japanese so the whole first part made me laugh so much I almost fell out of my chair. O_O Hahahahhaha! The whole sweet potato scene was just hilarious!

Same goes for the second part at the scene where all are surprised when Aihara pointed out the problem from the book verse and still it did not solve anything. The snowman of Aihara was hilarious, reminded me of someone from Tekken game.

Finally the last part when Aihara read her Santa diary also made me laugh really hard.

1.Sato x Chika
2.Koji x Yuki

1.Part that made laugh me so much a fell off the chair almost.
2.The other part I laughed hard!
In spoiler
slayer545-samaDec 24, 2008 1:51 PM
please report all angel999 duplicate accounts to the mods asap
Dec 23, 2008 12:34 PM

Aug 2008
Nice episode, put me back in the Christmas spirit. Cookie Power! I enjoyed the Christmas montage at the end, everyone seemed to be having fun.
Dec 23, 2008 1:30 PM

Oct 2007
slayer545-sama said:
Finally Sato x Chika! Kiss happens! Kiss happens! Kiss happens! Kiss happens!

LOL yeah it does happened.

"A Legend is but a tale of a beautiful lie."
Dec 23, 2008 4:07 PM

Aug 2008
That was the best episode so far...very entertaining, and no ecchi! But still believeing in Santa in the 5th grade? weird...
Dec 23, 2008 8:04 PM

Nov 2008
noteDhero said:
That was the best episode so far...very entertaining, and no ecchi! But still believeing in Santa in the 5th grade? weird...

I am 29 and I still believe, only difference is I know what is the real fact of Santa and its many fictions.
please report all angel999 duplicate accounts to the mods asap
Dec 23, 2008 9:07 PM

Jan 2007
Great episode. The moments between Chika and Ryouta were so cute.
Dec 24, 2008 3:54 AM

Feb 2008
Hm... that was so-so.
lol@ potato fart.
The end was nice.

Sent with Mal Updater
Dec 24, 2008 10:09 AM

Jun 2008
LOLOLOLOL. This episode was great
Dec 24, 2008 6:21 PM

Feb 2008
First Kyou go ni that get's a 5 from me, i loved the kiss sceen, so darn cute :)
Dec 24, 2008 8:58 PM

Mar 2008
great ep. and the 5th part with John Lenon's Chistmas song really put me in a christmas mood ^^
Why I am so lazy to make a sig...
Dec 25, 2008 12:51 AM

Sep 2007
ehhhh...? Thought that was a pretty weak episode, other than the Sato x Chika.
Dec 25, 2008 4:05 AM

Dec 2008
Quite a good episode.
I got quite bored on the song part.
The Chika x Sato kiss scene was sweet though =D

Last ep next =(

~Abs
Dec 26, 2008 2:22 AM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
Exactly what was nice about this? I just wished it would end already. The last 2 minutes were the best about the episode, the rest just failed as always.

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Dec 28, 2008 2:05 AM

Jun 2007
lol potato far was funny. Finally the sato x Chika hookup happens. It's to bad they waited till the end like the OVA did :(.
Dec 28, 2008 5:27 AM

Jan 2008
cyruz said:
Exactly what was nice about this? I just wished it would end already. The last 2 minutes were the best about the episode, the rest just failed as always.
Haha, I didn't pay attention till the last few minutes.
Jan 3, 2009 1:44 PM

Aug 2008
aero said:
cyruz said:
Haha, I didn't pay attention till the last few minutes.
After 11 and 3/4 episodes of boring misery we finally see.. can I say it?.. something actually happening? I wouldn't go as far to call it development.

But, I have to say, Koiji being a man is funny
KvakondJan 3, 2009 1:49 PM
Sep 18, 2009 8:12 PM

Jun 2009
Sadly the best segment was once again in the OVA
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Jun 10, 2010 1:29 PM

Nov 2009
THAT WAS SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooooooo KAWAII!!! the sweet potatoes were hilarious cuz those awkward moments happen 2 me all the time XD then when the boys came... wow things got more awkward haha... awesome =D lol Tsubasa farted... unexpected!!! The snow thing was cool 2 because i loved the argument with the "Kon-Kon" but in the end they got 2 go outside and have fun =) lol Aihara "The Kon-Kon is only in the first part." "Case closed" "That didnt solve ANYTHING" X3 that was funny hehe... omg the lottery was AWESOME!!! YAY Aihara!!! and poor Megumi had 2 get a cake... well at least she ate it... WOW!!! When Chicka-chan and Ryouta kissed. . .i cried a little XP it was so cute!!! lol Kouji has it the worst though... he acts like such a man!!! its AMAZING!!! but he had 2 eat that Christmas cake... poor poor him... u jus HAVE 2 love him though!!! and btw Tsubasa was ADORABLE!!! he saw Santa!!! YAY!!! lol and Aihara's diary was funny >.< all in all i LOVED the epi!!!
Jul 6, 2011 8:49 PM

Apr 2011
Farts part was epic haha.
:D some real romance development!
First the cookies and then the cake, Kouji is really amazing. The cake part made me cry of laughing xD
Apologies, I just can't avoid to rant.
Jul 29, 2012 9:07 PM

Nov 2011
Mar 13, 2013 9:56 AM

Jan 2012
I notice only 1 part for the last episode, shit's getting real
Dec 2, 2013 1:11 PM

May 2012
The kiss was nothing special compared with the Ova's kiss... oh well let's see what the final episode has to offer!
May 13, 2021 9:59 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
The christmas part was great! And wow I didn't expect him to actually kiss Chika, that's great!

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kyou no Go no Ni TV Episode 13 Discussion

Fungaaaa - Jan 3, 2009

38 by Ren_Reyden »»
Dec 17, 2023 1:03 PM

» What did you think of Ryouta and Chika as a couple?

AoiroBlueColor - Aug 4, 2021

1 by THEMEDIC911 »»
Aug 6, 2021 6:42 PM

» Where can you watch this?

AoiroBlueColor - May 23, 2021

0 by AoiroBlueColor »»
May 23, 2021 8:09 PM

» Is this anime good?

AoiroBlueColor - May 19, 2021

1 by CrazyButNot4U »»
May 20, 2021 12:07 AM

Poll: » Kyou no Go no Ni TV Episode 11 Discussion

slayer545-sama - Dec 14, 2008

21 by Ashhk »»
May 13, 2021 8:41 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.