Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 12, 2013 2:47 AM

Sep 2008
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
I saw that something like this would happen!
Sakisaka-san I'm disappointed...
Repeat from Strobe Edge.
Apr 12, 2013 5:30 AM

Jul 2010
Personally, I liked this chapter a lot, but... oh boy,
letfelicityflyApr 12, 2013 5:51 AM

"You don't only belong to yourself, you know? There isn't anything in this world that belongs only to yourself."

Apr 12, 2013 10:44 AM

Apr 2008
ugh I still find myself rooting for Kou even after all this. touma is a nice guy, i like him forreal and I think both he and futaba deserve each other... so why am I like this lol. And somehow it feels wrong if kou/futaba end up together though from this point onward.
to be honest, idk how I want her to answer touma's confession lol i'm ready for whatever I guess.
Apr 12, 2013 4:00 PM
Oct 2010
LittleStar said:
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
Repeat from Strobe Edge.

that was what i was thinking too
why is this happening again cant they just be happy ugh
Apr 12, 2013 10:21 PM

Jun 2009
Yeah, yeah, repeat from Strobe Edge I agree...
BUT, Kou is acting like a complete dumbass, which I don't remember Ren doing tbh. He had times where he did dumb things too but Kou is just in another level, imo he doesn't deserve Futaba anymore and he needs to do something really BIG for her (and me) to forgive him.

I think Touma's confession was a little bit too rushed because come on, she's broken hearted and then he comes and drops off a bomb! But idk, what he said to her, that was really nice and that would lift up any girls' spirit and he's not even doing it just so he can get her, he truly thinks of her that way and that's what makes Touma such a cutie pie, I'm gonna cry lots if he gets broken hearted too :(

Also I'm totally laughing at Kou because he didn't do anything to Futaba's name on his notebook. Can you get any more obvious, kid?! You just lost the girl you love because you're and idiot, idc about his reasons, he's an idiot for messing with his, Futaba and Narumi's feelings.

He's surely gonna get Futaba back anyway but pls Sakisaka, let me have some peace before ~Kou's words of guilt~
Apr 13, 2013 3:00 AM

Sep 2008
I don't thought about Kou and Ren acting simillar...
but Sakisaka-san again make:
girl confess, boy rejects her, not because he don't like her,
because he can't be with her,
rival know girl like boy,
but in the end, rival want be with girl
boy it's getting jealous and now will be the one,
who will try to be with girl.
Apr 13, 2013 5:54 AM

Jun 2008
Oh my... TOUMA. Why... He's so awesome, yet he won't get the girl, that's for sure, he deserves better treatment than this. I get the feeling he won't end up with anyone, though. And if Touma was the one who was going to end up with her, these words would help her a lot and such but because he isn't it won't have an effect as great as otherwise... (屮゜Д゜)屮
And as to what happened with Kou, I now get why people got angry over Ren and were rooting for Andou in SE.

mochizou said:
But idk, what he said to her, that was really nice and that would lift up any girls' spirit and he's not even doing it just so he can get her, he truly thinks of her that way and that's what makes Touma such a cutie pie, I'm gonna cry lots if he gets broken hearted too :(

Yup. Even though he did think about the timing and all beforehand so as to be considerate towards her, in the end it's not really like he intentionally made a move, but earnestly thought about her instead.
Apr 14, 2013 3:20 AM

Aug 2010
Oh my gosh! 2 confessions in a chapter?!! XD

If only Futaba really hears what Kou said.. He didnt say he didnt like her though, he just said he can't be in a relationship with her.. :x

Anyway, I'm just wondering what made Kou so stubborn. I hope the next few chapters will explain how he feels and I hope his feelings would be justified (somehow), because now Kou, in my eyes you are starting to look really foolish...and baka (agreed, Kominato).

Didn't expect Touma to confess then, wonder how Futaba would react. I doubt they'll be a couple right after this confession.. though i'll be interested in seeing how Kou would react to that if that were to happen!
Apr 14, 2013 1:28 PM

Dec 2011
Oh my, the confessions :3
I like how Kou broke his phone after she left, but I really wish they would go out already! And Yoshioka is so cute ><
Apr 14, 2013 1:31 PM
Nov 2011
omg so excited
Apr 14, 2013 1:50 PM

Nov 2011
Kou and her are just classmates now ;.; shame.

Yoshioka isn't moving forward at all I think Kou isn't either. Well, seems like someone else got the balls to confess now. I wonder what her reply will be. I bet she will be like "I don't see you that way" or something along that line. I hope she does accept the confession though so that she can move on and Kou will regret his own decision.
Apr 14, 2013 2:00 PM

Dec 2010
Yeah, I agree this is getting like Strobe Edge, but it still has a long way to go. I hope Sakisaka will come up with something different. (Imho it's more similar to Bokura Ga Ita, but heh)

About the chapter... well, this manga is seariously heartbreaking ç.ç Touma's confession was so sweet... Well, I somehow want Futaba to be with him, at least for now, but this would make her a very horrible person xD
Anyway, I'm still with Kou. He acts tough, bet he's actually too fragile... I'm wholeheartedly hoping Aya will support him, help him open his eyes and make him realize what he's doing is not right. He's not like that because he's a bastard, he's just too fragile and insecure. But by being like this he's terribly hurting himself. Everybody always talk about Futaba, but he's actually the one who's suffering the most (this doesn't make up for what he's doing to her, but it's true).
I would like to see more of his past and his thoughts. I mean, the focus' always on Futaba, now the readers' turning their backs to Kou but we don't actually know what are his feelings and how messed up his head is.
AnnyApr 14, 2013 2:12 PM
Apr 14, 2013 3:11 PM

Apr 2009
Eeeeveryone seems to hating on this manga lately. Ever since things started getting all melodramatic (after around chapter 20) it's been incredibly frustrating. I've found myself so completely pissed at Kou that I actually feel like hitting him. Yes, I'm suggesting that I am dying to hit a manga character, who is 2-dimensional and not real. It's getting that ridiculous.

I really hope the author starts changing things around again, because although Touma is a good character, we all know that she will never be satisfied enough with him. Sad as it is, that's how the minds of girls work sometimes.
Apr 14, 2013 3:20 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
blue-y said:
Anyway, I'm just wondering what made Kou so stubborn. I hope the next few chapters will explain how he feels and I hope his feelings would be justified (somehow), because now Kou, in my eyes you are starting to look really foolish...and baka (agreed, Kominato).

Yeah seriously, I still can't seem to understand Kou's point of view on all of this...Kominato is right, Kou shouldn't force sympathy on Narumi. Narumi's father's death is really is not his fault, nor is it technically even related to him. I don't get what goes on in Kou's head. Maybe we'll get to see it from his point of view regarding why he's so stubborn. I respect Futaba a lot for her confession. She knew she would be rejected, but still bravely told Kou her feelings. It is a little weird though to see her be more soft-spoken than before. The rejection still hit her pretty hard :/ And awww at Touma's confession. He was definitely really sincere, and although it did seem a little fast, I think it wasn't out of place either.

Kella said:
Yeah, I agree this is getting like Strobe Edge, but it still has a long way to go. I hope Sakisaka will come up with something different. (Imho it's more similar to Bokura Ga Ita, but heh)

Haha yeah, I think it's more like Bokura ga Ita too, both are frustrating in terms of how the characters don't act according to their feelings...
Apr 14, 2013 3:24 PM

Jun 2010
It's more like Kou is not making any progress. At least Futaba confessed once again & Kou did had a chance. And indeed the author recycle Strobe Edge now but with the exception of Narumi not being his girlfriend.

I wonder what Kou is going to do if Narumi confess to him.
Apr 14, 2013 5:34 PM

Oct 2011
Pretty tired of Kou. You wanna act like a retard? Get off the stage. If you being out of the picture will get this manga somewhere, then you can leave.
Apr 14, 2013 6:23 PM
Aug 2012
fuck the underdog needs to win this time :D!
"届どいた....手紙?" - スワ(オレンジ)
Apr 14, 2013 6:54 PM

Aug 2010
I'm glad Futaba finally confessed, she even knew the outcome but decided to get it over with. I'm happy for her on that note. It actually went a lot better than I thought too.

I'm not sure where I stand with Kou. I think he needs to make some progress and think some things out... it would help if Kou would actually considers what Kominato says sometimes. He's really trying to help him, but Kou's just well... stubborn.

Good luck for Touma though. I think he jumped the gun with his confession. But who knows... He's a sweet guy though and I hope he doesn't get crushed.

[T.C.O] | [C.C.O]
Apr 14, 2013 7:01 PM

Sep 2011
LittleStar said:
Repeat from Strobe Edge.

I think it's quite different from Strobe Edge as in that case it was an existing relationship that had simply gone stale. In that case I say you could blame both Ren and Mayuka for that as they seemed to take each other for granted.
Apr 14, 2013 8:26 PM

Nov 2007
i can't believe ppl are even comparing this to strobe edge omfg don't you guys even dare

scruffykiwi said:
LittleStar said:
Repeat from Strobe Edge.

I think it's quite different from Strobe Edge as in that case it was an existing relationship that had simply gone stale. In that case I say you could blame both Ren and Mayuka for that as they seemed to take each other for granted.

what i was gonna say actually! ren felt obliged to stay by mayuka's side not out of pity/sympathy, it was only bc he was desperately trying to fix their relationship. kou on the other hand tho, doesn't have any reason to reject futaba just for narumi's sake. the only possible reason i'm seeing here is pity, so :I he's only encouraging her pity party tbh
also slight reminder that ren rejected ninako's first confession bc it was completely one-sided at that time. jussayin
Apr 15, 2013 12:36 AM

Sep 2011
I never like all this triangle stuff built into mangas just for melodrama and then the sincere guy getting heartbroken after. At least she was honest with Touma so far and told him she still loves Kou, he shouldn't have confessed already, it's too soon, doesn't he get that???
I don't like the way Kou is being at all, he is really dumb and I hate that clingy girl who is going for the pity angle.
It does seem sort of like Strobe Edge only I like the female lead in this a thousand times better, but Kou is pretty stupid compared to Ren.
Apr 15, 2013 1:03 AM

Dec 2007
Idk what Kou's thinking, but since he's not really willing to share it, I can't sympathize with him.

I really hope Touma doesn't get heartbroken. Though if Futaba honestly never thought of him that way, she could let him down kindly, or take time from now on to get to know him that way.
Apr 15, 2013 2:30 AM

May 2012
TOUMA X FUTABA <333333 KYAAAAA
Apr 15, 2013 3:09 AM

Aug 2009
I actually hope that she ends up with Touma and Kou can finally realise what mistake he made.. May Futaba and Touma live happily ever after!
Apr 15, 2013 4:32 AM

Sep 2008
People say Kou is bad,
but what kind of guy confess his feeling for girl,
when recently she was rejected by her love?
Apr 15, 2013 7:23 AM

Sep 2008
I start to think about them like about real people

If he cares then why he don't give her time to soothe her feelings?
This is like:
Maybe she is one of these girls who can start going out with first guy who will ask her out,
just because other guy rejected her feelings
or even if she will tell: "I need some time", she will be know what you feel for her.

This reminds me of one girl, who when other guy "make her cry",
she go to other one and start going out, later when second guy "make her cry",
she go back to first one and whole story was like that...

On the other hand, compassion for Touma,
he will be always this "one supporter dude"
who will be heartbroken in the end,
no matter how nice he is...
LittleStarApr 15, 2013 7:31 AM
Apr 15, 2013 9:07 AM

Dec 2011
I don't really like Touma, i mean he seems like a nice Guy but yeah, I somehow just want that Yoshioka ends up with Kou. DON'T HATE ME FOR THIS REPLY MKAY? xD

Apr 15, 2013 9:33 AM

Sep 2008
^don't worry, she will end with Kou xD
but before this there will big drama, misunderstandings, secrets...
like like in others shoujo manga.
Apr 15, 2013 2:29 PM

Jun 2008
gryffinwhore said:
ren felt obliged to stay by mayuka's side not out of pity/sympathy, it was only bc he was desperately trying to fix their relationship. kou on the other hand tho, doesn't have any reason to reject futaba just for narumi's sake. the only possible reason i'm seeing here is pity, so :I he's only encouraging her pity party tbh

Kella said:
Anyway, I'm still with Kou. He acts tough, bet he's actually too fragile... I'm wholeheartedly hoping Aya will support him, help him open his eyes and make him realize what he's doing is not right. He's not like that because he's a bastard, he's just too fragile and insecure. But by being like this he's terribly hurting himself. Everybody always talk about Futaba, but he's actually the one who's suffering the most (this doesn't make up for what he's doing to her, but it's true).
I would like to see more of his past and his thoughts. I mean, the focus' always on Futaba, now the readers' turning their backs to Kou but we don't actually know what are his feelings and how messed up his head is.

I agree. Especially about him needing more focus.

I wonder if, if somehow Kou and Futaba could have gone out at some point before, Kou would break up with her because of Narumi or not :O

Actually, until this chapter, I was wondering where the issue with Futaba's behaviour went since it was dealt with in the first chapters but barely brought up after that. I kept looking for it, but didn't have enough hope anymore that it would still be important afterwards (although I'm glad it is). These things usually have some connection to the guy who will end up with the heroine, so I'm a bit confused here... o.o And Touma did meet her after she had changed her image, but now that she's basically changed and isn't acting anymore, he's telling her she should just be herself @_@ I'm not sure if he's really happy with the way she's right now. Kou never seemed to mind, though... (He did say that make-up didn't suit her, but that didn't sound honest to me, more like.... uh, teasing or something? I wouldn't expect a positive comment from him regardless of his honest opinion, though) And btw, Futaba saying that now she doesn't need to pretend anymore because she made friends sounds like they're not "real" friends... Not that I think that's how it is, though....xD

LittleStar said:
I start to think about them like about real people

If he cares then why he don't give her time to soothe her feelings?
This is like:
Maybe she is one of these girls who can start going out with first guy who will ask her out,
just because other guy rejected her feelings
or even if she will tell: "I need some time", she will be know what you feel for her.

It might not have been the best timing because she's heartbroken, but it's possible that without his words, Futaba would go round in circles forever... Even so, I think he said that on the spur of the moment. (His friends commented about that before when Touma invited Futaba sometime) He may not go out with her or anything, but they might still find something important and learn from the other :O
I think being able to say all of this spontaneously is truly impressive. He was being completely honest and open and even if he wouldn't confess now, his actions toward her still say "I love you" (although Futaba herself may not notice). It's better to make his intentions and feelings clear. I guess he was just trying to give her advice and, to me, it seemed like he decided to confess more to prove his words ("There is someone who says that Yoshioka-san this way is perfect") than confessing in itself. And, well, if we want to be accurate, he didn't ask her out yet. All in all, I think this is what Futaba needs right now, because she's trying to change herself not to return to her previous self but to impress Kou, and Touma was trying to tell her that there's no need to change for others and that the ones who are with her true self are the ones who count :O
Face_FaithApr 15, 2013 2:34 PM
Apr 15, 2013 4:13 PM
Apr 2013
I just want Touma to be happy! Is it weird that he's my favorite character now? He's just too adorable!!!!! I also want Futaba's friend with the bob (can't remember the name) to end up with Touma's friend. And then Futaba and Touma can go out and they can double date!

Alas, I fear that Futaba and Kou will end up together in the end. I kind of want it to happen just because the author's been hinting at it so long it would be weird for it not to happen. But, ultimately, Futaba's way better off with Touma.

Not that such a big internal debate is necessary though because they're all in high school => how long would the relationship actually last? A few months? Maybe a few years if they're both really devoted? So, Futaba should date them both imo. Try Touma, get tired of each other, then try Kou (and stick it to that bitch Narumi), dump him too and find another guy in college.
Apr 15, 2013 6:13 PM

Nov 2007
Face_Faith said:
gryffinwhore said:
ren felt obliged to stay by mayuka's side not out of pity/sympathy, it was only bc he was desperately trying to fix their relationship. kou on the other hand tho, doesn't have any reason to reject futaba just for narumi's sake. the only possible reason i'm seeing here is pity, so :I he's only encouraging her pity party tbh

oh whoops, you just reminded me that i should've put that under spoilers orz;; apologies to anyone who hasn't read SE yet alaksjdudj

sighs, this manga is starting to drag a bit imo
they've been going around in circles for almost 10 chapters now bc kou's refusing to budge :T the only thing keeping me around at this point is my admiration for futaba's bravery & honesty tbh
Apr 16, 2013 3:11 AM

Dec 2011
LittleStar said:
^don't worry, she will end with Kou xD
but before this there will big drama, misunderstandings, secrets...
like like in others shoujo manga.

Yup, I know that but still the Chapter somehow reminded me kinda of Strobe Edge, but that fact isn't a big surprise to me at all, or to all the other readers since it's from the same Mangaka, sadly there can't always go everything smooth in shoujo Mangas xD
(And sorry for my bad english.)

Apr 16, 2013 4:40 AM

Sep 2008
I was happy that Sakisaka-san don't follow this "shoujo manga" scheme
with Yuuri and Kou, that she could make:
She confess, but she don't have a chance to be with him...
Yuuri now can support Futaba without reget.

So... I have hope Futaba will also rejects Touma...
and Kou don't start dating Yui...

I just want that Ao Haru Ride from first chapters! *.*

I want Kou confess his love for Futaba, not thanks somebody who example: is with her... I just want this comes from him, not because somebody tell him to do this or because somebody love her too...
Or something like this...
You know about what I think xD
Apr 19, 2013 7:12 AM

Nov 2007
O-M-G! Heck! Yoshioka confessing and all. Kind of understand how she feels an love the way how things turned up.. :)
May 7, 2013 11:07 AM

May 2012
I'm so proud at Futaba for confessing! >< That was a hard thing to do. She's so brave and that is really what sets her apart from other shoujo girls. She's the best! As for Kou, he has his reasons but I still think it was stupid of him to not get his feelings across to Futaba. It's soo obvious he likes her! But then again, liking someone doesn't mean a perfect relationship. Let's just have our fingers crossed that he would do something BIG for her. Aaaaaand for Touma, all I have to say is that was the CUTEST CONFESSION ever! The way he knelt in front of her and held her hand asdhskfshfkshfsk! I so want to get confessed like that. I think it was perfect timing and he was sincere about everything he said so points go to Touma for being honest with his feelings. :)

Can't wait for next chap. <3
May 19, 2013 1:42 PM

Jul 2012
As much as I know that Kou and Futaba will end up together eventually, I'm still rooting for Touma ;~;. He's such a sweet and cute guy, I wouldn't mind, in fact I'd LOVE it if at some point Futaba is able to reciprocate some of his feelings.

I have no idea what's going on in Kou's head right now so I'd actually like to see him being pushed over the edge of jealousy if Futaba and Touma end up going out or something for a while c:
Jul 31, 2013 3:18 PM

Apr 2012
AAAH FRICK
FUTABA CONFESSED TO KOU BUT HE REJECTED HER AND IS KINDA REGRETTING IT
SO KIKUCHI CONFESSED TO FUTBABA AND AHHHH
godddd whats she gonna say i lowkey hope she falls for him but at the same time i feel sorry for kou...
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 25, 2014 4:45 PM

Jul 2010
Cute confession. I liked how he grabbed her hand.

Also, the continuous "Yoshioka-san" was adorable.
Jan 30, 2015 1:57 PM

May 2014
Come on Kou! Do something, damn it!
Feb 3, 2015 2:18 AM

Jan 2013
I kinda lost my interest on the main characters, I'm waiting for the other couples to start moving.
Mar 25, 2015 10:36 PM

Jan 2014
D'awwww!! Touma is so frichen cuuuuuuuuuuuute (^w^)
Dec 30, 2015 6:38 PM

Jan 2015
Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
Jul 8, 2016 9:35 PM

Feb 2013
Okay but Touma is so fucking cute.
Aug 14, 2016 6:39 AM

Aug 2016
aladkjslaaaaaaaaaaaa every time touma comes up im just BOOM whipping out the middle fingers but man my heart is just broken into 10000 pieces at this point, WHY THE F*** DID YOU NOT JUST TELL HER HOW U FEEL, KOU!!?!? EHH!?!? JUST TELL HER YOU LOVE HER ALREADY DAMNIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I think, as others have said, that at this point touma deserves to go out with futaba but damn if she doesnt reject him i might just kill my self cuz i ship yoshioka and kou so hard.................... touma should just leave, along with narumi
Aug 19, 2016 12:39 PM
Aug 2015
I hate Touma, rooting for Kou but he acts pretty stupid...
Mar 11, 2022 3:48 AM

Apr 2020
touma is very bold
water

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ao Haru Ride Chapter 49 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

LittleStar - Feb 11, 2015

107 by Rhaelynne »»
Mar 8, 5:59 PM

Poll: » Ao Haru Ride Chapter 45 Discussion ( 1 2 )

LittleStar - Oct 11, 2014

98 by CoomSlayer69 »»
Oct 15, 2023 8:32 AM

Poll: » Ao Haru Ride Chapter 23 Discussion

blue-y - Nov 8, 2012

39 by hydumpling »»
Jul 18, 2023 3:09 PM

Poll: » Ao Haru Ride Chapter 21 Discussion ( 1 2 )

LittleStar - Sep 8, 2012

65 by hydumpling »»
Jul 18, 2023 2:38 PM

Poll: » Ao Haru Ride Chapter 46 Discussion ( 1 2 )

LittleStar - Nov 10, 2014

99 by minnaslay127 »»
Jun 4, 2023 9:48 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.