Forum Settings
Forums

Light Novel 'IS: Infinite Stratos' to Have a New TV Series

New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Apr 8, 2013 9:39 AM

Sep 2012
Great news, this just made my day. I'm glad they're picking up one of the series I like a lot and continuing it!
Apr 8, 2013 9:41 AM
Apr 8, 2013 9:44 AM

Apr 2010
Wow, I guess it's that time of the year. Adaptions left and right.

Apr 8, 2013 9:44 AM

Feb 2013
I'm not sure if I'm happy or not. It would be a chance to make something better than the original (which uses like WAY to much clichès), on the other hand they probably will go by the Standard model for harems..

I maybe watched to much harems dunno, it just seems that everything in that genre is WAY to similiar to each other.
Apr 8, 2013 9:46 AM

Jul 2011
shugotech said:
leesan said:
Houki route! And don't dare to interrupt the kiss next time girls.

This!

I was so pissed at the moment when I saw the long blue thing from Cecilia's IS.

Anyways, I hope it's going to be faithful to the novel. Looking forward to it.

I can't agree more.
Apr 8, 2013 9:51 AM

Jul 2012
More Charlotte?
Worth.
Hopefully its better than the original

If you really want to fit in, just put Legend of the Galactic Heroes in your top 5 and have it be the only 10-rated anime in your list.
Apr 8, 2013 10:09 AM

Jul 2012
So does that mean they're remaking the series or is this a sequel?
Wecc said:
All Hail HaXXspetten King of the Loli Traps!

Apr 8, 2013 10:18 AM

Aug 2008
symbv said:
Antanaru said:
Will it suck again? I don't remember a single good thing about this show.
Because you choose to ignore them X-D
I was serious, I don't remember anything good about this show. I didn't really care about it either so I don't have any reason to ignore anything. I only remember it was generic, bland and with very poor choice of voice actors. I'm not even sure if there was anything notable about character design or animation.
Ii tenki desu ne...
Apr 8, 2013 10:22 AM

Aug 2012
Yes! Can't wait to see more Charlotte and Houki!
Apr 8, 2013 10:22 AM

Apr 2011
I was waiting for this :]
Apologies, I just can't avoid to rant.
Apr 8, 2013 10:25 AM

Feb 2010
Oh cool, another shitty harem.
Apr 8, 2013 10:27 AM

Jun 2012
COOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL!!!! GOTANDA RAN ROUTE PLEASE!!! :3 i hope it's a sequel so ran will be in IS school :3
Apr 8, 2013 10:32 AM

Sep 2012
Antanaru said:
symbv said:
Antanaru said:
I was serious, I don't remember anything good about this show. I didn't really care about it either so I don't have any reason to ignore anything. I only remember it was generic, bland and with very poor choice of voice actors. I'm not even sure if there was anything notable about character design or animation.
Yeah, you were seriously ignoring the good things X-D perhaps because you were letting your hatred towards the story to get the better of you. See only the generic (what's wrong with generic by the way?) and not the not-so-generic, see only the bland and not the not-so-bland, hear only the poor voice acting and not the good voice acting. And of course to the point you don't even care about the character design and animation, and by that point surely nothing good is left for you to remember. X=D
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Apr 8, 2013 10:54 AM

Nov 2008
Awesome, Im liking the new art but I wonder what the "new anime" going to be like, remake? sequel?

Ohh well, cant wait for more Ling Yin <3 and Cecilia
Apr 8, 2013 11:00 AM

May 2011
symbv said:
Antanaru said:
symbv said:
Antanaru said:
Yeah, you were seriously ignoring the good things X-D perhaps because you were letting your hatred towards the story to get the better of you. See only the generic (what's wrong with generic by the way?) and not the not-so-generic, see only the bland and not the not-so-bland, hear only the poor voice acting and not the good voice acting. And of course to the point you don't even care about the character design and animation, and by that point surely nothing good is left for you to remember. X=D

Well said! I completely agree with this statement.
Apr 8, 2013 11:09 AM

Feb 2008
meh....i could care less. there is nothing profound about this show.
Apr 8, 2013 11:10 AM

Sep 2012
this is good news but won't you feel wierd watching a series that was made already?? even though the remake might be bettter?? well maybe its just me...anyway looking forward to this
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 8, 2013 11:12 AM

Oct 2012
Is New TV Series equal to second season? Or are they just remaking the first season?

Apr 8, 2013 11:21 AM

Aug 2008
symbv said:
I never said I didn't care about design and animation. I always care about technical aspects of anime. I said I didn't really care about the series itself, meaning I didn't have any expectations and that's why there's no reason for me to overlook any good parts. If there were any then by all means, help me remember...
Ii tenki desu ne...
Apr 8, 2013 11:32 AM

Feb 2013
symbv said:
Antanaru said:
symbv said:
Antanaru said:

Alot of shows is generic today and recycle ideas and characters. If you can't remember the good things of the show it simply didn't manage to outweight the generic stuff.. I kinda felt the same thing (watching it atm), while it have it's good points it keeps getting interuppted by those obvious stuff that could have been in any anime to a point that it's kinda irritating. My opinion of course, who knows maybe it ends better.
Apr 8, 2013 11:38 AM

Sep 2012
Antanaru said:
I never said I didn't care about design and animation. I always care about technical aspects of anime. I said I didn't really care about the series itself, meaning I didn't have any expectations and that's why there's no reason for me to overlook any good parts. If there were any then by all means, help me remember...
Given you said " I'm not even sure if there was anything notable about character design or animation.", what I see is you stopped caring about character design and animation as you cared more about how "generic, bland and poor voice acting" the series is. Personally I think the animation is pretty good, particularly for some of the mecha fights. They would not look out of place in a mecha anime and seeing it in a harem anime is a pleasant surprise and in fact it is considered one major reason why this show did so well in sales (among other things) and this show pretty much established the reputation of 8-bit for a studio that can do sakuga very well. Also I think its music is done well and the songs are very catchy and fitting to the theme of the anime. As for character design, it is drawn from the style used in the light novel anyway, although in general the comments were they look a bit better than the ones used in the LN.

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Apr 8, 2013 11:39 AM
Jul 2018
Well that's good to hear even tho I'm not a fan of IS.
I hope that someday the same treatment will be applied to series like Chrome Shelled Regios and Legend of the Legendary Heroes...
Apr 8, 2013 11:40 AM

Feb 2013
Yes Hooray Hooray Hooray
"Currently playing the Game of of Life"
Poppin Pills is All We Know - Antidote
Apr 8, 2013 11:42 AM
Mar 2013
As long as we get the same Charlotte I'm happy~!
Apr 8, 2013 11:43 AM

Aug 2008
Not sure about this but I guess I'll watch a couple of episodes.
Apr 8, 2013 11:44 AM

Sep 2012
Kilgam said:
Alot of shows is generic today and recycle ideas and characters. If you can't remember the good things of the show it simply didn't manage to outweight the generic stuff.. I kinda felt the same thing (watching it atm), while it have it's good points it keeps getting interuppted by those obvious stuff that could have been in any anime to a point that it's kinda irritating. My opinion of course, who knows maybe it ends better.
The problem with all those claims of "generic" is that it usually comes with people who are not fans of the genre. Because they are not into the genre, so variations that are recognized and appreciated by fans are not noticed by them, and so to them it all looks the same. And since genres like slice of life and harem have much more people who are not fans, they often get labelled "generic" simply because they stick to the convention of the genre (while varying its contents and still trying to create something new). And depending on how that "something new" is received by fans, a "generic" show can still sell or can flop -- but to those who are not fans they will find it very hard to see why one 'generic' show gets popular and why another is not because to them all those shows look the same.

Apr 8, 2013 11:50 AM

Jun 2010
Woohoo~ I'm hoping for a two cour remake more than a sequel.
Apr 8, 2013 12:02 PM
Aug 2012
symbv said:
Antanaru said:
symbv said:
Antanaru said:

Dude that was a nice post. Really wish for a sequel rather than a remake.

Apr 8, 2013 12:17 PM

Oct 2011
Yes!!!! Thank you for the wonderful news
Apr 8, 2013 12:44 PM

Mar 2013
The frist series was boring so MEH.

Apr 8, 2013 12:48 PM

May 2011
Oh my god yes! Awesome news. Love me some more Cecilia and Rin.
ZeroZxApr 9, 2013 4:59 PM
Apr 8, 2013 12:51 PM

Apr 2012
It was an enjoyable watch, I'm all for it.

It would be fun if they finished older series that had an incomplete ending as well.
Apr 8, 2013 1:00 PM

Jun 2012
Cecilia Alcott =3=)
I don't know anything, I just know what I know
Apr 8, 2013 1:03 PM

Jun 2012
Yay more Houki^^
Apr 8, 2013 1:06 PM

Jun 2009
This is great news hope it is a sequel.
Apr 8, 2013 1:08 PM

Apr 2013
Was the old series that bad?
Apr 8, 2013 1:11 PM
Sep 2012
TainakaRitsu said:
more Charlotte and Laura !! <3

YES! More please :D
Apr 8, 2013 1:24 PM
May 2012
Banzai!banzai!
wait a minute!did they say that there will be change in character designs!i hope its not like hayate the combat butler!well that was one hell of a hero to zero disappointment!
Apr 8, 2013 1:25 PM
Dec 2009
Hey what do you guys think? If this appears to be a sequel, should I quickly finish off watching the first season of the anime or put it on hold if it's just going to be a remake with new character designs and wait for its airing date. Or can I just do both by watching the first version that has the old character designs then watch the remake version afterwards? This is my question.

Apr 8, 2013 1:27 PM

Jul 2010
I'm ok with this, surprisingly.

Apr 8, 2013 1:40 PM

Jun 2012
I though this was already announced earlier?
(>'_')>#
~Here's a waffle, please calm down...

"See that? She's cute and popular. You could say that her milkshakes bring all the boys to the yard. But YOU club President... your milkshakes are wasted on you. In other words, you're wasteful." ~D-Frag (Best.Reference.Ever.)
Apr 8, 2013 1:46 PM

Sep 2012
I AM F*CKING HAPPY!!!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 8, 2013 1:48 PM

Mar 2011
Obuos said:
TainakaRitsu said:
more Charlotte and Laura !! <3

YES! More please :D
+1
Apr 8, 2013 1:52 PM

Oct 2012
I don't understand why so many people hate this show... I thought it was pretty fun... I'll watch the first season again and wait for the second to come.
-"No one can escape time, it delivers us all to the same end. You can't plug your ears and cover your eyes. And so it begins." Pharos
Apr 8, 2013 2:13 PM
Aug 2012
OMG, Best thing i've heard all day
Apr 8, 2013 2:16 PM

Apr 2010
Why do people spend money giving this (excuse me) sh*t light novel series another season? There are definitely infinite better things to do with the scarce resource: money, than to make another season of crappy IS...:( Why not give some other light novel or manga?
Apr 8, 2013 2:43 PM

Jun 2010
exciting >.<
Apr 8, 2013 2:49 PM

Sep 2011
Wh-what? A remake? What the? Not sure what is the appropriate response for this since I never thought the IS anime was 'that bad'.

Apr 8, 2013 2:50 PM

Aug 2010
Fuck yea! More Houki and Chifuyu!
Apr 8, 2013 2:57 PM

Sep 2010
uh oh.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Manga 'Ninja to Koroshiya no Futarigurashi' Gets Anime

Vindstot - 11 hours ago

20 by NoktoH »»
31 minutes ago

» 'Yuri!!! on Ice: Ice Adolescence' Anime Movie Cancels Production ( 1 2 )

DatRandomDude - Apr 18

95 by RobertBobert »»
1 hour ago

» 'Arifureta Shokugyou de Sekai Saikyou' Season 3 Unveils Additional Cast, First Promo

Hyperion_PS - Apr 21

2 by BankaiGoku »»
Yesterday, 11:26 PM

» TAAF 2024 Anime of the Year Winners Announced

Snow - Apr 19

10 by malvarez1 »»
Yesterday, 8:38 PM

» Netflix Announces 'Garouden: The Way of the Lone Wolf' Anime for May 2024

Hyperion_PS - Apr 21

10 by malvarez1 »»
Yesterday, 8:37 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.