Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Fullmetal Alchemist
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Feb 10, 2017 10:02 AM

Oct 2014
Good episode with good action. Now if Lyra comes back in some other wierd way later I swear...
Mar 24, 2017 10:36 AM

Aug 2014
RiP Greed...it was nice knowing ya.
May 22, 2017 1:22 PM

Jan 2013
The little fight scene between Greed and Edward was awesome.
Greed has always had the "good guy" kinda vibe from the start ... and now Edward has killed him, he has matured into knowing what it feels like and it's easier for him to fight his enemies now.

Awesome episode.
Jul 6, 2017 12:09 PM

Feb 2015
Why are we supposed to feel sad for Greed?

And why the fuck did Dante die?
Apr 3, 2018 3:48 AM

Sep 2013
Thank God Greed died. He annoyed the Hell out of me.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.
May 13, 2018 6:37 AM
Jun 2014
Miragee said:
gedata said:

So? He just wanted to toughen up Edward a little before dying

That's logic I would expect from a generic shounen and not from a supposedly intellegent show. Btw. you brought up another point: If he wanted to give Ed the edge over his fellow humunculi why didn't he tell him everything in the end? For example about Dante.
Not to mention all the other points I brought up and you didn't adress. This episode was just full of bad writing.

3 years later, but yeah I agree. The sequence of events leading up to the fight made no logical sense. The fight itself was entertaining, but it would have been far better if the lead up didn't make Greed and Ed look like they have no idea what they're doing.

Its also getting annoying that Lust is literally everywhere. If she's that powerful I'd be frightened for my life 24/7. When Ed was telling Izumi to go into hiding from the military, I was thinking, what about the superpowered homunculi running around?

A lot of questions being raised, hopefully the brothers can get some investigating done.
Feb 14, 2019 4:07 PM

Aug 2007
Watching Greed writhe in pain before dying had to be traumatic. Greed's death has a greater effect on Edward because he dropped his guard before dying, admitting Edward has what is needed to take down the other homunculi.

Jun 21, 2019 6:29 AM

Jul 2016
Greed's death was very sad. At least Ed got the secret of how to beat the homunculi. I have a feeling Dante is not dead.
Mar 11, 2020 6:19 PM

Nov 2017
Oh no! Greed lost all his red stones! So homunculi are created each time an alchemist attempts a human transmutation. It does add more complexity to their characters. And one of their weaknesses is the remains of the person they were supposed to be.

So uhm, who tried to revive Gluttony?

Anyway, Lyra killed Dante? But why? She dead ass bifurcated that old frump. Greed and Ed fight and the latter kills the former. Greed suffers from some seizures and rigor mortis. The end.

Not really, Ed breaks down over killing someone (despite the fact he killed someone before, but whatevs!)

Now the Elric brothers are heading to Ishval!
Mar 21, 2020 11:20 AM

Nov 2009
Great episode, this one changes everything now that a homunculus finally died, why it had to be the most likable one though, I guess if wasn't for him Edward would never stand a chance against the others.
May 26, 2020 6:25 PM
Mar 2014
tucker alive and still doing sht, let him continue in this reality, what worse he does what others like gang of greed or military or anyone. Let it all go. It comes to the bottom what are human reasons live not live die, let go, they make decissions that form a world.

archer other ppl having their reasons simple simple enough.

Thats what commonly people assume - others are on their side, simple pawns.

Sins, for sure greed was the one you can sympathise with I also went for this feeling. Do not object other sins reasons, all sins have some for sure, Wrath, lust, gulttony they are all selfish. To understand yeah the question is why homunculus like to be human? Sure to learn an answer soon!
Jun 29, 2020 2:43 PM

May 2020
Pretty quick exit for Greed. But Ed got valuable information out of it, so he may be better equipped to take on the others from now on.

BlackFox24 said:
So they have to be close to the remains of their previous body, where their original human transmutation took place, and that's when they're weak...Then does that mean Dante tried to bring someone back, and it resulted in Greed? Since his bones were in Dante's house...I'm a little confused about that part...BUT that means that to take out Wrath, they'll have to go back to Yock Island and somehow get Wrath to go there with them...OH AND it means that if there really is a Homunculus for Ed and Al's mom, then whichever one it is they'll have to go back to Resembool with it and fight it where their house stood...=O (I'm still not sure if it's Sloth or not...). Did I get that right?
That's what I got from it as well. Tricky enough to lure them to the right place. But these two are the easy ones since they know where they were created. How do they find out about the other four?

G_Spark233 said:
Did Dante actually die? I have a feelings she's still alive.
I doubt it as well. Greed said something about begging for his life when he entered the building. That would mean that Dante is way stronger than himself. If that's true there's no way that Lyra could've killed her...

Kryptoncat said:
I'm interested in seeing if by the end of the show Ed thinks the homunculus have a right to live. I wonder what would have happened to that kid if Envy didn't give him those stones.
If it was just about the homunculus themselves I could see it happen. They are created through human error. But if they need philosopher stones to survive (not sure about that) then that would mean many more sacrifices. And I highly doubt that Ed will ever be ok with that.
Oct 24, 2020 5:06 PM

Jul 2017
Exceptional episode overall, although I still generally feel underwhelmed with the amount and the impact of Greed as a whole in this anime compared to how awesome he was in Brotherhood.

Still, the choreography in that short Edward vs Greed fight was so sick and the emotions at the end were definitely there for me.
Jun 5, 2021 1:35 PM

Jan 2020
Incredible. So lyra seems to be set up as an opposing character with the evidence of dante and greed.

But ouch, rest in piece greed :(

Easily one of my favorite characters and that was a super badass way to go out

Feb 21, 2022 9:23 AM

Apr 2021
Greed's gone, unfortunately

But this episode had the best fighting so far!
i wish i was a cloud
Oct 22, 2022 2:45 PM

May 2018
Greed was pretty clever about the way he wanted to die. rip T_T
Oct 29, 2022 9:10 AM
Aug 2022
2022 rewatch
there were some parts that were kinda meh, but i liked that scene with greed and ed after greed was beaten. the way ed realized he killed greed and freaked over it sent some chills, but makes sense since it wouldn't be in character for ed to just not be remorseful for killing someone even if it is a homunculus. i take back what i said last episode of greed being pretty bland in 03. he's decent, but like i said before. mangahood greed is still better in my opinion.
i do not remember if they ever gave us a reason why dante attempted human transmutation. just who was greed before all this? not sure if it'll be answered which is kinda annoying.
Apr 13, 11:29 AM
Mar 2024
This episode made me feel for the homunculi

especially Greed😭😭😭
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fullmetal Alchemist Episode 51 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

ItsMeAndrea - Dec 21, 2008

170 by phantom346 »»
Apr 11, 4:46 PM

Poll: » Fullmetal Alchemist Episode 50 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Scribbly - Jul 12, 2009

56 by phantom346 »»
Apr 11, 4:04 PM

Poll: » Fullmetal Alchemist Episode 49 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Scribbly - Jul 11, 2009

57 by phantom346 »»
Apr 11, 3:41 PM

Poll: » Fullmetal Alchemist Episode 48 Discussion

suki78787 - Jul 13, 2009

44 by phantom346 »»
Apr 11, 3:16 PM

Poll: » Fullmetal Alchemist Episode 47 Discussion ( 1 2 )

suki78787 - Jul 13, 2009

63 by phantom346 »»
Apr 11, 2:36 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.