Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 19, 2008 2:40 PM

Dec 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Subs are out.

Well, this episode sure was intense, then it became "light mindfuck"
THEN it became intense again for a moment, then it became "light mindfuck" again for a moment, then it became intense again... and so on.

Guess it was a little too intense or mindfuck to start the morning with.

The subs are a little off with Anistash... Wait for a fix or a better version, but it's still watchable.

Well I guess the best way to describe this episode is "wtf", really.
But not in a bad way.
Another way to describe this episode is that is has both a mix of intensity and "light mindfuck".

Shame the

DeadIEndDec 19, 2008 11:06 PM
Dec 19, 2008 5:28 PM

Oct 2008
WTF... thats all i can say about this episode... wtf?
Dec 19, 2008 8:03 PM
Aug 2008
Just watched the AniStash subs and I'm wondering if I missed something important seeing how some of the dialogue wasn't translated.

I'll agree with STEEZ on this: WTF indeed.
Dec 19, 2008 9:51 PM

Nov 2007
STEEZ said:

That's what was going through my mind, I mean, is this even going to have a proper ending at this rate?
Dec 19, 2008 10:05 PM

Nov 2008
Well, that was... different. Looking forward to how they're going to wrap it up. Lots of questions need answering still.
Dec 20, 2008 1:27 PM

Oct 2007
You know what impressed me the most about this anime?

Even after 11 episodes long I still don't know what exactly going on in this anime. Not ever a thing that is make sense to me but the plot is still keep going.

"A Legend is but a tale of a beautiful lie."
Dec 21, 2008 3:38 AM
Oct 2007
Rai deserved everything that happened to her, the clingy bitch. Kuro X Kuro 4ever!
Dec 21, 2008 12:25 PM

Aug 2008
Why?! AniStash clearly realized that the dialogue has added nothing to the show, so what's the point in them doing a legitimate sub anyways? Nothing happened. NOTHING. One episode left, and the only thing that I can think of is a confrontation between Kuro and Kuromitsu. Not that anything will happen. What has happened this whole show? What is this show even supposed to be about? I'm frickin' angry.
Dec 21, 2008 2:20 PM
Dec 2008
the resen why you do not get the story it is becuse they destoryed it. the manga is a love story the anime fu** up and tuned it the just action show and left a lot of thinks out the manga is a good story
Dec 21, 2008 2:41 PM

Aug 2008
That's honestly what I hoped for it to be...a love story. I feel like a lot of weight would have been added if they had kept that as intact as you say it is in the manga. It's a shame really.
Dec 21, 2008 2:49 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
This is the crappiest anime episode I've seen since the thirdc episode of Night Wizard....

There is no plot, the characters have no personality (they only scream and charge)
And the characters die for no reason....

It just FAILS. It has NOTHING of the original novels...

I guess it's the director who wanted to try something "innovative" by putting a scenario that does not make ANY sense at ALL but miserably failed....
wakka9caDec 21, 2008 2:53 PM
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Dec 21, 2008 4:24 PM
Oct 2007
Meh, I actually like the way it's heading. It's a totally different beast than the manga, but still completely comprehensible and awesome.
Dec 22, 2008 1:14 AM

Sep 2007
Eh, it's not the most brilliant thing I've ever seen, but the atmosphere is still good - Dark, mysterious, and violent, which is what I was watching this show for in the first place. I kind of like the fact that nothing makes a whole lot of sense. It'll be interesting to see how this is going to end.
Dec 22, 2008 8:29 AM

Dec 2007
This ep wtf'ed me all the way from the beginning to the end.

Anyway, I wanted to ask if the plot deviates from the manga, but I guess my question has already been answered lol.
Dec 22, 2008 9:57 PM

Aug 2008
monster dude dies —
*ding*

That sound effect was awesome. The rest of the episode was only kinda.

I will be looking into the manga when this is finished.
脱ぎません!_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ .

Dec 24, 2008 6:07 AM

Feb 2008
STEEZ said:

Oh yeah. Same here.
WTF is going on? Everyone's dead. D:
And what will happen in ep 12?
Dec 24, 2008 6:47 PM

Feb 2008
Ahh...the face that Kuro made after Kuon asked "was everything an illusion...even the three marks on her (Kurimitsu's) back?"... Was absolutely priceless. I don't know if it was one of pure jealousy or what. But this was definitely a what the hell episode.

Kaori
~If an injury has to be done to a man it should be so severe that his vengeance need not be feared.
---Niccolo Machiavelli~

Dec 25, 2008 1:39 AM

Jun 2008
When i think about the plot of this show there's no plot in it,it's just that kuro what to find kuromitsu that's it.

Anyway the fight seances in this episode was really good,hope next episode will explain everything.
Dec 25, 2008 7:47 PM

Jun 2007
I think they originally had a plot in mind, or at least planned to follow the manga but when they realized they only had 12 episodes to work with they probably said fuck it, lets make shit up.

So far this is what I've come up with in my head. Some of it is fact some of it is guesses.

1) Kurimitsu got bit by a vampire
2) Kurimitsu lives in seclusion feeding on stupid humans that don't listen to her warnings.
3) Kurimitsu falls in love with Kurou but avoids doing anything about it since Kurou is nothing more then a human and would die before her.
4) Kurou Falls in love with Kurimitsu which results in him finding out about her being a Vampire which results in him getting turned into one out of mutual love.
5) Kurou gets his head cut off by his best friend. We can assume his friend did something to Kurou's body since the end of the episode shows Kurou waking up in the future with his best friend's body.
6) Kurou meets town people and does several time skips each time losing his head and getting it placed on a new body. Each time he loses his head he also loses his immediate memory's. I'm guessing the reason why his head has to be switched with a new body is because his original body was the one transitioned into a vampire but since it was destroyed by his friend in the past, he's forced to use human body's to stay youthful.
7) At some point Kurimitsu probably created the group Kurou was with for the purpose of directing him to where she was.
8) Kurimitsu sided with the Red Army in order to have them clone Kurou to re-create an immortal body that she could put his head on so he would no longer have to use a human body every so many years.
9) Kuon is created for Kuro but with some draw backs. His body is not immortal so they continue to clone him, passing his memory's and making adjustments until they fully perfect the immortal body.
10) Kuon returns and finds out about these plans. He realizes that his existence has been for Kuro and his memory's aren't really his thus making him go crazy. I'm guessing the scene we see with Kuon about to have sex with Kurimitsu was really Kuro's past memory of them doing it. Either that or it was a past Kuon clone that had the sex and he just retained the memory's.
11) Kuro questions his own motives. Why am I so obsessed with finding Kurimitsu? Why am I constantly fighting?

I'm guessing the reason he's so obsessed is because his past self knew Kurimitsu's plan but since his head was cut off he lost the details and only knew that he had to find her no matter what.

I think the last episode will reveal the plan but I'm not so sure the current Kuro would agree with it. It seems like he's pissed about everything that's happened.
Dec 25, 2008 8:14 PM

Mar 2008
I say this episode was horribly directed O_O

@DeathfireD: I just don't like the "Kuromitsu falls in love with Kurou" part.
Ever since the first episode, she gave me the impression of being evil.
Love is probably not the issue here.
Dec 25, 2008 11:36 PM

Jun 2007
Arcanus said:
I say this episode was horribly directed O_O

true, I too think she's evil but and has other motives but if it's going by the manga and what others have said about it, then it's a love story between Kuro and Kuromitsu.
Dec 26, 2008 4:10 AM

Jan 2008
Anticipating the last ep. What it will be in the final ep? Is it really a true love between Kuro and Kuromitsu? I prefer deceptions and twist in the end though.

Dec 26, 2008 11:54 AM

Aug 2008
Arcanus said:
Evil people can fall in love, too.

EDIT:
DeathfireD said:
8) Kurimitsu sided with the Red Army in order to have them clone Kurou to re-create an immortal body that she could put his head on so he would no longer have to use a human body every so many years.
9) Kuon is created for Kuro but with some draw backs. His body is not immortal so they continue to clone him, passing his memory's and making adjustments until they fully perfect the immortal body.
10) Kuon returns and finds out about these plans. He realizes that his existence has been for Kuro and his memory's aren't really his thus making him go crazy. I'm guessing the scene we see with Kuon about to have sex with Kurimitsu was really Kuro's past memory of them doing it. Either that or it was a past Kuon clone that had the sex and he just retained the memory's.
Interesting thought about the bodies. I'm willing to give Kuromitsu the benefit of the doubt until the last episode.
As for Kuon's memories, I think that that one memory of him and Kuromitsu was actually the same scene as when she becomes a vampire... remember, the original vampire had silver hair, and was in the same position, and on a beach.
JadeMatrixDec 26, 2008 11:57 AM

Dec 26, 2008 12:05 PM

Dec 2007
what did they do to manga's plot is completely twisted it.
it makes me wonder what episode will look like, but they end up with some slow-motion and stupid fighting.
Dec 26, 2008 6:09 PM

Jun 2007
JadeMatrix said:
Arcanus said:

EDIT:
DeathfireD said:
Interesting thought about the bodies. I'm willing to give Kuromitsu the benefit of the doubt until the last episode.
As for Kuon's memories, I think that that one memory of him and Kuromitsu was actually the same scene as when she becomes a vampire... remember, the original vampire had silver hair, and was in the same position, and on a beach.

JadeMatrix said:
Arcanus said:

EDIT:
DeathfireD said:

maybe Kuon has both Kuro and the first Vampires blood in him.
Dec 26, 2008 8:19 PM

Aug 2008
DeathfireD said:
maybe Kuon has both Kuro and the first Vampires blood in him.
O.o
It makes sense no longer...

Dec 31, 2008 5:49 AM

Nov 2007
*facepalm
Jan 5, 2009 7:06 PM

Sep 2008
With some delay, just saw ep11....I am so f***** confused...
1 ep to go, and no plot whatsoever besides Kuro wanting to find Kuromitsu...
Other characters just died, they played almost no role whatsoever, besides Kuon.
Rai is tortured, on brink of death saved by Kuro just to be shot and thrown off a building 10 seconds later...
I don't even know why I bother with this show anymore.
Jan 13, 2009 4:16 PM

Mar 2008
Wow and little WTF.

i like it, actually, its still mysterious, dark (might not make sense or not follow the manga, don't care)
i love the action, the sudden deaths (omg there goes the blond hottie..noees!)

wonder how they'll wrap it up
So far this series has been confusing but interesting and amusing at the same time.

MAL list updates
Mar 15, 2009 9:57 PM

May 2008
So... wtf is going on? and why did Rai have to die;;
Apr 16, 2009 8:41 PM

Apr 2007
lol @ Kuon. This is the most he has ever talked and, even though he was completely out of character, I found it to be hilarious. Well this show just continues to fail and now I'm curious how it will end. Only 1 more episode~
Sep 25, 2009 3:45 PM
May 2008
this series started well, went to not so good, turned bad and has found its way to absolute crap
Nov 25, 2009 1:27 PM
Nov 2008
Well....i kinda understood everything...UNTIL THIS EPISODE APPEARED AND NOW MY MIND IS SCREWED UP @_@..really strange,unexplicable and fast scenes.
What intrigues me the most are 2 things :

1 - what exactly DID kuromitsu think about ? WHAT exactly did SHE do ? [ it is obvious that the key to this plot is kuromitsu ]

2-......

Is there an explication , or is it just complete randomness [ which i hope it isn't cause i pretty much enjoyed this series ]
Jan 26, 2010 4:18 AM
Jan 2010
mel-hime said:

2-......

Is there an explication , or is it just complete randomness [ which i hope it isn't cause i pretty much enjoyed this series ]

I think at that particular time, Kuro and Rai actually had sex. Rai bowed her head probably coz even though they did it, Kuro was still obsessed with finding Kuromitsu (which is an act of discontent perhaps).

"What could this feeling be? Something feels wrong. It's not enough.Can I say this more expressively?"

"Maybe, there are still things that I haven't been told. Could it be that I have been deceived? By who, is it that woman?"

He was smiling devilishly next to naked Rai, while saying this. He did say to himself that he wasn't satisfied and thinks that it is probably because he actually wants Kuromitsu.

This is how I perceived it though..... Since, the way Kuro says it, was very implied instead of explicit. He goes around the bush.
Mar 27, 2010 4:01 PM

Jan 2010
The sound after he was swallowed was like from a microwave... XD

Did Kuro and Rai have sex? How did Kuro end up all dressed while he was caring Rai?

Too bad blondie died. I liked her.

The directing of this episode reminded me of bakemonogatari somehow.
May 8, 2010 7:32 PM
Feb 2009
Seriously "WTF"~~~~~~~~~~~
Aug 21, 2011 5:27 PM
Jan 2010
I will finish this only because I watched 11 episodes and main character is sexy as hell... It's actually like a comedy how bad it is.
Jul 6, 2012 11:40 PM
Feb 2008
The blind monster fight was alright and I thought it was funny how he was huh, Ironically I was going to stab her in the neck too!

The blonde chick's death was pretty unexpected at that point. Series feels strange in its 2nd half...like the Aeon Flux shorts/series. Even the art and setting somewhat remind me of it.
Aug 18, 2012 2:16 AM

Jul 2011
dafuq!
Jul 14, 2013 11:08 AM

Oct 2009
Rai ;_;

everything else o_o..............
Dec 19, 2013 8:45 AM

Jul 2008
WTF did I just watch?
Nov 18, 2014 10:22 AM

Jan 2013
Shame Rai had to die, but I guess it was unavoidable.
Wondering if Kuromitsu really cares about Kurou, or she's just using him for something.
Oct 26, 2015 2:39 AM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
I like how anticlimatic is no matter who dies in this anime, there's almost this feeling of the lack of emotions, even though there is definitely lust and insanity. Lots of insanity. But I guess that's more of a state of being rather than a feeling. I don't mean it in a sarcastic way, I just find that interesting.

So...is the big bad actually the kabuki dude who's summarizing the previous episodes? Cuz that would actually be rather surprising, as I definitely didn't see that coming.

Also thanks DeathfireD, some things makes more sense now, especially the part with why Kuromitsu is with the Red Army.
Dec 8, 2015 1:07 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
He finally reaches the end game after a violent and stylistically impressive encounter.

The bug question is: Does Kuromitsou care about Kurou? Or has she been using him all this time?
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Dec 11, 2015 5:53 PM

Feb 2013
Boom, headshot. I love and hate how brutal this anime has been.
Aug 11, 2016 7:13 PM

May 2012
Great pre-last episode! Looking forward to see what the ending will have to offer!

More topics from this board

» What happened after the first two episodes?

removed-user - Mar 2

4 by wiederherr »»
Mar 5, 11:51 AM

Poll: » Kurozuka Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

tradedaemon - Dec 24, 2008

151 by akiraic »»
Feb 23, 9:12 PM

Poll: » Kurozuka Episode 7 Discussion

kie_ - Nov 20, 2008

41 by iChante »»
Sep 1, 2022 2:14 PM

Poll: » Kurozuka Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

angel999 - Oct 7, 2008

96 by Ballisto »»
Jan 25, 2021 9:03 PM

Poll: » Kurozuka Episode 8 Discussion

slayer545-sama - Nov 28, 2008

37 by OweynLupton »»
Jul 25, 2020 7:13 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.