Forum Settings
Forums

Second Season of 'Little Busters!' Announced (Confirmed to Start Oct 2013)

New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (10) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Apr 6, 2013 9:35 AM

Nov 2010
It's funny (but obvious) that I never saw most of people who were negative in this announcement in the actual LB threads.

Yes, it's a mixed bag and has some weak executions in direction and (especially) animation, but I loved how they tried to adapt everything quite faithfully (not cutting routes like Clannad adaptation) and I even liked most of their alterations/I can accept the negative changes that they made (which mostly aren't avoidable).

One biggest praise for me to this adaptation is : They made a great build up for Refrain! Damn, I'm hyped!
Apr 6, 2013 9:37 AM

Jun 2012
Thank God. I had a dream last night where the announcement was that they wanted to do a second season, but didn't get the approval from Warner so they were going to do a Kickstarter to produce it. Then on MAL everyone was freaking out.

Did they announce an air date? Like... Saturday April 13th? =)
Apr 6, 2013 9:38 AM

Nov 2007
RyanSaotome said:
Ejc said:
symbv said:
I was never in doubt about the Refrain season. I am more curious about what the producer said about "every girl in your mind will get her story animated" and I wonder how they are going to fit Kurugaya, Saya and Sasasasasa's arcs. More seasons? OVAs?

They did say that each heroine would get 3eps for her route and 1 will get 4eps (i'm assuming Rin here). Not sure if the heroines included Saya... but they said they'll animate Sasami's route too.

Kud got 4 episodes, just with a break inbetween for one of the Lennon episodes.

It was actually 3eps. That ep in the middle was classified as common route ep, so she got 3 like the rest of the heroines.
The News Club: Quality News/Discussion (anime, CDs, manga, novels, games, seiyuu), & sales data (daily, weekly, mid-year, yearly).
Apr 6, 2013 9:40 AM

Sep 2011
Ahmad-99 said:
KuRiZenT said:
Woah, I can't wait for this!

Maybe Refrain will beat After Story. XD!

refrain is better :)

after story is nothing compared to refrain

I agree and disagree with this. I think Refrain has more feels to it than After story, but while getting to the best parts it did a great job at working its way there.
Apr 6, 2013 9:41 AM

Dec 2012
Ejc said:
RyanSaotome said:
Ejc said:
symbv said:
I was never in doubt about the Refrain season. I am more curious about what the producer said about "every girl in your mind will get her story animated" and I wonder how they are going to fit Kurugaya, Saya and Sasasasasa's arcs. More seasons? OVAs?

They did say that each heroine would get 3eps for her route and 1 will get 4eps (i'm assuming Rin here). Not sure if the heroines included Saya... but they said they'll animate Sasami's route too.

It was actually 3eps. That ep in the middle was classified as common route ep, so she got 3 like the rest of the heroines.

No man, the guy said that the route was going to be in the recently finished season and seeing as the test was in the actual Kud route and wasn't part of the common route, I think it's safe to say that Kud's route was 4 episodes. Hopefully Kurugaya can be 4-5 episodes, seeing as they now have more episode space!
Apr 6, 2013 9:42 AM

Apr 2010
Ejc said:
RyanSaotome said:
Ejc said:
symbv said:

The episode before the Lennon episode was the beginning of her route... so she got 4 episodes for her routes content.

Apr 6, 2013 9:43 AM

Aug 2011
Ohhh sounds cool! I haven't played the game yet, though I will after Refrain. ;D
Apr 6, 2013 9:43 AM

Nov 2008
maybe i should start watching the first season but i don't want it to be a waste of time.
Apr 6, 2013 9:45 AM

Sep 2011
Mr_Gutts said:
maybe i should start watching the first season but i don't want it to be a waste of time.

If you liked how Afterstory was you should like Second season of LB. First season = Build up, nothing more.
Apr 6, 2013 9:46 AM

Dec 2012
I wonder the OVA bundles with the complete set of BD/DVD will be about.
We have Kud, Haruka, Komari and Mio done, Kurugaya in season two so it will probably be about Kanata.
Let's just wait and see
Apr 6, 2013 9:46 AM

Jun 2010
I thought it was a given long time ago lol.
Apr 6, 2013 9:47 AM
Jul 2012
SenshaOtoko said:
We have Kud, Haruka, Komari and Mio done, Kurugaya in season two so it will probably be about Kanata.
Let's just wait and see

Didn't it say it was about the "Mask the Saito"
Apr 6, 2013 9:51 AM

Sep 2011
PrincessJavi said:
SenshaOtoko said:
Let's just wait and see

Mhm they only said one "OVA"

Sep 2012
I sat through this terrible first season just to see that Refrain arc everyone was talking about. So let's see, I hope I won't be disapointed.

Feb 2012
Not surprised. Will be interesting to see how this turns out.
Apr 6, 2013 9:55 AM

Dec 2012
PrincessJavi said:

Really? Haven't heard of it before
Apr 6, 2013 9:55 AM
Aug 2011
SetsukoHara said:
I sat through this terrible first season just to see that Refrain arc everyone was talking about. So let's see, I hope I won't be disapointed.

Same here. My expectations died along the way though so it'll take a lot for it to disappoint me.

I guess I'm happy for the people who like this.
The first season was absolute chore for me. I'm surprised I even managed to get this far.
Apr 6, 2013 9:56 AM

Jul 2012
RyanSaotome said:
ihateeveryone said:
Thank goodness. I expect many good things from Refrain and many shitty complaints like "no one asked for a season two!11!"

It's not like people were begging for that or anything.

Lots of people were, actually. Theres no point in making a Little Busters anime without doing Refrain. The entire first part is all a set up for Refrain.

I was being sarcastic when I said that, mostly referring to the first post that said "nobody asked for this," when in reality it's what pretty much everyone wanted.
Apr 6, 2013 9:57 AM

Sep 2011
Tyrel said:
Ahmad-99 said:
KuRiZenT said:
Woah, I can't wait for this!

Maybe Refrain will beat After Story. XD!

refrain is better :)

after story is nothing compared to refrain

I agree and disagree with this. I think Refrain has more feels to it than After story, but while getting to the best parts it did a great job at working its way there.

I know that AfterStory was still unbeatable but I do like LB Refrain than After Story but the only problem is the anime studio maybe J.C. Staff do some weird things for the Refrain.
Apr 6, 2013 9:58 AM
Jul 2012
SenshaOtoko said:
PrincessJavi said:

Really? Haven't heard of it before

http://myanimelist.net/anime/17643/Little_Busters!_OVA
Apr 6, 2013 10:01 AM

Dec 2012
SetsukoHara said:

It's not that bad. In my opinion, Kud arc is even better than the original work.
Apr 6, 2013 10:08 AM

Sep 2010
Alright can't wait for it.

Although it isn't as amazing as Clannad, Angel Beats, or Kanon 2006. xD
"What has two arms, two legs, and is alive? Not your favorite character lol! xD"
Apr 6, 2013 10:09 AM

Mar 2011
Well I dropped 1st season on 1st ep.Never liked LB so i dont care what will happen with the 2nd season.
Apr 6, 2013 10:11 AM

May 2012
Kengo said:
Yahooooooooo! *smiles*
beep
Apr 6, 2013 10:14 AM

Nov 2012
When you guys say "After Story" do you guys mean Clannad?
I liked the first season though it was a little boring at times
But Little Busters was hella boring.
Apr 6, 2013 10:18 AM

Dec 2012
Icebreaker93 said:
Well I dropped 1st season on 1st ep.Never liked LB so i dont care what will happen with the 2nd season.

Wow... I like how you specified that you dropped on the first episode like it's some kind of achievement. At least try and sit through the whole thing before dropping it. You may enjoy it. Even I'll admit that the first episode wasn't that amazing, even the first arc wasn't too great either, but after ep 5 the show got significantly better.
Apr 6, 2013 10:18 AM

Sep 2011
Alexx_ said:

Yes we mean Clannad: AS. Clannad rated so highly because it wasn't as boring as LB in some aspects, of course the animation was way better too and Clannad has a better progression leading up to Afterstory. Little Busters season 1 is pure build up on the characters, nothing more.

Icebreaker93 said:

Want a cookie for such a feat?
Apr 6, 2013 10:23 AM

Nov 2010
Alexx_ said:

Yes they did.

While Clannad 1st season is very straight forward and directed+animated better, Little Busters! 1st season is much more subtler with it's main plot (at least before the second cour), so that's understandable.

You can only compare them after Refrain is out though, since After Story! and Refrain basically are the main dish of both series. But they are quite different : After Story! is kinda independent from the first season since it focus pretty much on the later family life, but Refrain is there to answer all of the questions in the entire story.
Apr 6, 2013 10:24 AM

Nov 2012
Nepeta said:
Maybe they'll actually get it right this time.

My thought exactly, or maybe they will do an epic double fail lmao.

Why do they make 2nd seasons of bad series and leave the great series unfinished SM damn H
Apr 6, 2013 10:27 AM

Mar 2011
Looking forward to it
Apr 6, 2013 10:27 AM

Sep 2012
Icebreaker93 said:
And still you care to announce out loud that you don't care even after you dropped the show on 1st ep. LMAO
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Apr 6, 2013 10:30 AM

Sep 2011
symbv said:
Icebreaker93 said:
And still you care to announce out loud that you don't care even after you dropped the show on 1st ep. LMAO

LOL
Apr 6, 2013 10:36 AM

Dec 2007
No shit.

If it will be just Refrain and not EX routes added too to prolong it I'll be disappointed even more than I am now by the first season.

What happened to Kurugaya's route? It's going to be on Refrain+ Rin 1+2? Makes sense. Add EX too and make it another 26 episode season JC.

Oh, and at least change the music placement guy in the second season. He can easily ruin it even more, without him it can be ruined less.

But I already want a remake by KyoAni or P.A. Works or White Fox, titled Little Busters! (2036).
Apr 6, 2013 10:57 AM

Jan 2011
DeadEnd2013 said:
No shit.

If it will be just Refrain and not EX routes added too to prolong it I'll be disappointed even more than I am now by the first season.

What happened to Kurugaya's route? It's going to be on Refrain+ Rin 1+2? Makes sense. Add EX too and make it another 26 episode season JC.

Oh, and at least change the music placement guy in the second season. He can easily ruin it even more, without him it can be ruined less.

But I already want a remake by KyoAni or P.A. Works or White Fox, titled Little Busters! (2036).
I don't really see why you would like the EX routes in the Refrain season as Sasami's is post-Refrain and Saya's requires the reader to know about the Secrets of the World. Kurugaya's is confirmed to be in the Refrain season. I'm guessing that they would like to reserve it for that season as it gives the biggest hint to the Secrets of the World D:

Agreed.
Apr 6, 2013 11:03 AM

Apr 2010
dizzyworld2 said:
DeadEnd2013 said:
No shit.

I don't really see why you would like the EX routes in the Refrain season as Sasami's is post-Refrain and Saya's requires the reader to know about the Secrets of the World. Kurugaya's is confirmed to be in the Refrain season. I'm guessing that they would like to reserve it for that season as it gives the biggest hint to the Secrets of the World D:

Agreed.

I want the EX routes since I want to see them animated.

Apr 6, 2013 11:06 AM

Apr 2012
Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay!
I've been waiting for this!
"The more inexperienced you are, the more you want to show off."
- Oreki, Hyouka
Apr 6, 2013 11:07 AM

Sep 2011
Ishisu said:
I don't even want them to touch Sasami or Saya's route because they'll most likely ruin it. :C

In Sasami's route, I can agree with you in which I can see how they will terribly rush this out. In Saya's route, I don't know if they have some plans on HOW they will adapt her route.

DeadEnd2013 said:
No shit.

It would be inappropriate if they will end it on an EX route. Anyway, like what Dizzyworld said, the last 1/4 of Kanata's route and Sasami's route are after the events of Refrain in which those two route are treated as sequels after the main story and Saya's route is totally out of the question for LB's main story.

DeadEnd2013 said:

LMAO.
TennoujiApr 6, 2013 11:16 AM

Apr 6, 2013 11:08 AM

Dec 2007
dizzyworld2 said:
DeadEnd2013 said:
No shit.

Agreed.

I didn't know that since I didn't read the EX routes, just read the EX 4koma manga. The EX routes are yet to be translated into English, waiting eagerly for the translation of them.

At least JC should animate EX too in another season. I see no reason why not.
DeadIEndApr 6, 2013 11:11 AM
Apr 6, 2013 11:11 AM
Jun 2008
Meh, I can barely get myself to watch the current season.
Apr 6, 2013 11:12 AM

Sep 2011
DeadEnd2013 said:

At least JC should animate EX too in another season. I see no reason why not.

It's confirmed anyway that they'll adapt all routes so that means EX routes are included.

Apr 6, 2013 11:14 AM

Sep 2008
Do not want.
Apr 6, 2013 11:14 AM

Feb 2013
not sure if im hyped....i actually wanted it to end. wasnt expecting another season but whatever im still gonna watch it :)
Fear leads to Anger. Anger leads to Hate. Hate leads to Suffering. (Yoda)
Apr 6, 2013 11:20 AM

Jun 2009
after THAT season one...?
Apr 6, 2013 11:22 AM

Aug 2011
I'd be super-excited if the first season wasn't already shit.

I wonder how much of a difference not having J.C. Staff would've made.
Apr 6, 2013 11:22 AM

Sep 2011
IZUMI64 said:

Go look at the sales. Yes THAT season one. That season one is a build up nothing more.

DraconisMarch said:

Not much at all, but better artwork and some changes here and there. Like I said for ∞ time; Season one = Build up, nothing more, It's basically to introduce all the characters and their arcs.
Apr 6, 2013 11:26 AM

Sep 2012
Tyrel said:
Like I said for ∞ time; Season one = Build up, nothing more, It's basically to introduce all the characters and their arcs.
To be honest, I have a feeling that many of those who criticize harshly the first season can still find a lot of things to complain when they get to see Refrain...
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Apr 6, 2013 11:27 AM

Aug 2008
Why am I not surprised at all? There's literally no point in making a LB anime if you're not going to make Refrain. I'll be waiting to see how they adapt Refrain.

Btw, After Story >>>> Refrain. Refrain is terribly overrated.

Thanks, person who gave me this on another site a long time ago, lol.
Apr 6, 2013 11:30 AM

Dec 2009
DraconisMarch said:

KyoAni refuse to do any KEY stuff anymore for some reason.
Apr 6, 2013 11:31 AM

Jul 2010
Though I've no investment in the series myself seeing all this optimism is making me pull for a good second season. Good luck people, may the industry not crush your hopes and dreams.
Apr 6, 2013 11:31 AM

Feb 2012
Tyrel said:
IZUMI64 said:

Go look at the sales. Yes THAT season one. That season one is a build up nothing more.

DraconisMarch said:

Not much at all, but better artwork and some changes here and there. Like I said for ∞ time, Season one = Build up, nothing more. It's basically to introduce all the characters and their arcs.
Sales that were nearly half of the lowest selling adaptation by KyoAni isn't really anything to get excited over.

We get it, first season was a build-up. For many anime-only viewers like me though, that build up was dull.

Refrain will have less impact if viewers have little attachment to the characters. That's something you need to understand as a VN player.

You aren't exactly helping by continually hyping it up.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (10) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» 'Black★★Rock Shooter: Dawn Fall' Reveals Additional Cast, First Promo

DatRandomDude - Feb 11, 2022

11 by nisafitri »»
2 hours ago

» Original Anime Movie 'A New Dawn' Announced for 2025

DatRandomDude - Apr 23

5 by dimidrum »»
Yesterday, 3:41 PM

» 'Mahoutsukai no Yakusoku' Announces Production Staff, Cast

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

4 by Memore »»
Yesterday, 1:40 PM

» 'Maougun Saikyou no Majutsushi wa Ningen datta' Announces Supporting Cast

Hyperion_PS - Yesterday

0 by Hyperion_PS »»
Yesterday, 12:19 PM

» 'Suki demo Kirai na Amanojaku' Reveals Additional Cast, Trailer

Hyperion_PS - Yesterday

1 by RobertBobert »»
Yesterday, 11:45 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.