Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Date A Live (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Apr 7, 2013 11:35 PM
Apr 2011
Tohka being a tsundere was so unexpected but omg so cuute.
It was a bit random, but really cute with that "baka, baakaa"
I LOVED IT. and LOL with those funny conversations. Can't for a new episode!

Also, when Shido's [gay] best friends, might really be gay.
Evidence: He suggested a male's name
LOL, may not be anything but something that you can put your suspicions on.
Apr 8, 2013 12:03 AM

May 2012
Dimension Breaker! Revolution!
Isayama Hajime should be awarded The Manga with The Highest Inconsistencies of Characters' Appearances.
He keeps performing multiple plastic surgeries on those Shingeki No Kyojin characters in a SINGLE chapter.
Yes, I've read up to the latest chapter of Shingeki No Kyojin manga.
Forced myself to read through the kidsketching chapters after the anime's ended. At least from now on, I only have to go through the hell once a month.
Patiently awaiting SNK TV/movie/OVA anime-sequel.
The 2015 SNK live-action movie would probably suck.
Apr 8, 2013 12:22 AM

Oct 2010
I'm debating on dropping it. Only because of that stupid ass fake sister. I wish he would ignore them he is doing good on his own.
Apr 8, 2013 12:24 AM

Oct 2010
Kawaii7878 said:
-Fuji- said:
I really want shidou to get with tohka

this
The sister(whatever her name is) annoyed me the entire episode.
So far Tohka and the MC are the only reasons for watching this show for me.

I like Tohka too but that fake ass sister really going to make me drop this show soon. I will give it one more try next week. I really can't deal with her.
Apr 8, 2013 12:26 AM

Dec 2012
Mahal Kita lol is a filipino word for I love you WTF?!
And that Date team makes the situation really worse

Apr 8, 2013 12:36 AM

Mar 2013
I must be the only one who like the sister after she showed her dark personality.
Seriously,I wouldn't even look at her if she stay as being your average cute moe imouto type,the switch in character made her more interesting.

And nope,it has nothing to do with me being a masochist
Apr 8, 2013 1:05 AM

Sep 2008
hmmm this is the kind of aanime that gives an extremely rushed feeling, the ones midway trough i start reading the novels(plus in the novels i wont have to hear the annoying sister)
i was curious about touka's voice, then i realized it was the same voice for yozora (haganai), damm, it clashes a lot with my image of yozora, so it hard to swallow ¬¬, then by looking at MAL, it says its also the voice of minami kana(really? wouldnt never oticed that on my own, and they aired together lat season, VA are amazing)....so in my mind, this touka is somewhat like kana possessing yozora.

this series had an amazing start, but now it suddenly felt rushed...why do they do this, they want me to read the novels so bad? well, fine! i'll read them!!
Being a fan is like having a penis. Its nice to be proud of it But don't pull it out in public and wave it in other's faces

Kyurem Black. Kyurem White. Together they are Pretty Kyurem.
Apr 8, 2013 1:07 AM

Aug 2008
Still painfully dumb but a little more bearable than first episode. I guess Tohka will be a source of comic relief, little sister of annoyance and rest of characters of really lame and unfunny jokes. Oh well...
Ii tenki desu ne...
Apr 8, 2013 1:41 AM

Apr 2013
I think the AST forces especially that Origami, should just retire. They serve no purpose after this episode.
To me, they are like the most useless forces ever in anime.

DaL is all about Tohka and Shi*do. The "choice making team" are useless as well.
FlamingYuApr 8, 2013 1:44 AM
Apr 8, 2013 2:54 AM

Mar 2012
-GiaN- said:
Mahal Kita lol is a filipino word for I love you WTF?!
And that Date team makes the situation really worse

idk how a filipino word came out of nowhere XD
Apr 8, 2013 3:00 AM

Mar 2013
Very nice episode!
I seriously thought Shido was better off not getting any help from Kotori and the others lol
Tohka is so cute :)
Loving this anime~
Apr 8, 2013 3:19 AM

Jun 2012
This show is rediculous and pathetic in an entertaining way. The MC is a bit annoying, but some scenes are nice.
All hail the Nutcracker Queen!
Apr 8, 2013 3:45 AM

Aug 2012
Kyube said:
This show is rediculous and pathetic in an entertaining way.

Of what we have seen so far I agree :P
Apr 8, 2013 4:09 AM

Oct 2009
I'm not taking it seriously, and it's semi-enjoyable.

There's some voices I'm watching this for.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 8, 2013 4:09 AM
Apr 2013
zakkun89 said:
I must be the only one who like the sister after she showed her dark personality.
Seriously,I wouldn't even look at her if she stay as being your average cute moe imouto type,the switch in character made her more interesting.

And nope,it has nothing to do with me being a masochist

Don't worry, you're not the only one who likes Kotori even after the character switch. i actually like both.(must be an influence of Kanon, Air, Clannad & Little Busters!) I mean, she isn't that annoying is she? And don't worry people who get irritated by Kotori, you'll see her "Imouto mode"
again, and your impression on her "Commander mode" will change after you that clock-eyed girl's arc.
Apr 8, 2013 4:57 AM
May 2012
date a live!!!the first episode was interesting but little bit of sloppy!but this one was really great! i wish this were a 24-25 episode series!
it was really hard breathing and laughing simultaneously!confessing scene and the choice scenes were great!
6/5!
Apr 8, 2013 5:03 AM

Mar 2013
Good so far. just saddened that they left out good bits from the light novel
Izayoi’s personal philosophy is “To suppress and control both the strong and weak.”
Apr 8, 2013 5:18 AM
Apr 2013
I like it so far. Reine continues being amazing, in my opinion. Tohka's tsundere personality was cute. Origami seems interesting, as well. Chuckled at her sniffing PE clothes.

Shame the kawaii imouto is gone, though. Just bad OreImo vibes all the way atm.
Apr 8, 2013 5:32 AM

Feb 2012
Funny episode!! Especially the "mahal kita" tagalog reference, meaning "i love you"! I'm starting to like the Tohka and Shidou paring!! Origami is still growing on me, but not as much as Tohka!
You can just be yourself. Do things your own way, one step at a time. You'll get there. Just be yourself, you'll be fine."
~Fruit Basket
Apr 8, 2013 5:46 AM

May 2010
yeh the sister is fucking annoying. 2/5
probably will drop this if it stays that way. there is simply WAY better anime with non annoying characters to watch this season.
Apr 8, 2013 6:36 AM

Apr 2011
jbeat said:
Funny episode!! Especially the "mahal kita" tagalog reference, meaning "i love you"! I'm starting to like the Tohka and Shidou paring!! Origami is still growing on me, but not as much as Tohka!

That filipino word caught me by surprised! lol

Despite Kotori being sadistic commander mode, does she still likes and cares for
his Oniichan?

That date practice part was hilarious. Origami is now his official girlfriend plus he has to date the princess. I hope he doesn't turn up in pieces when those two meet.
Apr 8, 2013 6:49 AM

Aug 2011
Kerozinn said:
yeh the sister is fucking annoying. 2/5
probably will drop this if it stays that way. there is simply WAY better anime with non annoying characters to watch this season.

Gotta agree with you here. Without the whole fucked up spaceship sister part this would be quite likeable for me. Well lets see the next episode.
Apr 8, 2013 7:22 AM
Oct 2009
Well, this episode at least was kinda funny. Some of the humor really only is going to make sense for people that even care about visual novels, but regardless I'd say I enjoyed this considerably more than the previous episode.
Apr 8, 2013 7:38 AM

Feb 2008
Just a bit better than the first episode, but still just a meh show so far. Also, the sister should just drop dead...
Apr 8, 2013 7:54 AM

Jul 2011
Kerozinn said:
yeh the sister is fucking annoying.
講廢話,被撞到.
Apr 8, 2013 8:06 AM

Mar 2013
Interesting...Very interesting

BlackAlphaApr 8, 2013 8:10 AM
Mastery through endless repetition.
Apr 8, 2013 8:14 AM

Jul 2010
first and second episode are crap ...
but looking at the end of the 2nd episode i think it might get better
Apr 8, 2013 8:31 AM
Apr 2013
Magito said:
jbeat said:

That filipino word caught me by surprised! lol

Despite Kotori being sadistic commander mode, does she still likes and cares for
his Oniichan?

That date practice part was hilarious. Origami is now his official girlfriend plus he has to date the princess. I hope he doesn't turn up in pieces when those two meet.

Would be nice if anyone that reads/has read the LN could answer that, because she really is such a buzzkill atm. Giving us such a good start, then major change and she is pretty much a "Kirino light" from OreImo.
Apr 8, 2013 8:39 AM

Dec 2012
Xenphon said:

Would be nice if anyone that reads/has read the LN could answer that, because she really is such a buzzkill atm. Giving us such a good start, then major change and she is pretty much a "Kirino light" from OreImo.
Apr 8, 2013 8:42 AM
Dec 2010
Good, lovable characters yet again put in a ridiculous and hyper unreal shit-ass story/premise. Fuck this shit.
Apr 8, 2013 9:04 AM

Jan 2013
Decent episode, but i didn't care for the multiple question game feel. I would rather see him interact with Tohka without his sister in his ear.
"What color do you want to be?" -Shiina Mashiro
Apr 8, 2013 9:14 AM
Apr 2013
Monde11 said:
Xenphon said:

Good to hear, but does she stay "tsun" or do we get more "dere" moments?
Apr 8, 2013 9:24 AM
Feb 2013
If this keeps up I might drop it.
Apr 8, 2013 9:26 AM

Apr 2013
Funny episode, it is funny that in this series they are trying to save the world by having a dude train with dating sims to try to seduce what is basically the Grim Riper.

also reminds me not to date women who shoot rifles and swing swords.

Not my first choice in Anime, so I will put this on hold until I have time.
Apr 8, 2013 10:36 AM

Feb 2013
Lol I can't want until Shidou meets
Their date looks like it's going to be fun.
Apr 8, 2013 11:08 AM

Sep 2012
Well, I surely did not expect to see 3 female characters to go full DERE in one episode! The gap between deadly tsun and "baka baka" dere for Tohka is awesomely stunning. The exchanges between Origami and Shidou where Origami just said yes to every advance Shidou made while keeping a kuudere look is just another awesome moment. Taketasu Ayana is just doing her usual role as the top-S character (remember OreImo? Or MM?) so she is doing fine. And even though I had expected the "elite team of romance" is not of much help, but it is just a sight to see how they failed so completely lol. Oh yes, by the way all the AST soldiers are so cute and their uniform so sexy!
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Apr 8, 2013 11:13 AM

Mar 2013
The suddenly Tsundere-Tohka was so cute. ♥
There are nights when the wolves are silent and only the moon howls.

「僕はオオカミだと認めざるを得ない。」
Apr 8, 2013 11:15 AM
Sep 2010
Sad they miss out few important points :/ ..Kotori shouldnt earn that much hate to me ..but she really a bitch :P

To me....Tohka is not cute and tsun enuf >.< .....the baka baka is abit out of place.
Apr 8, 2013 11:19 AM

Feb 2012
Lmao @ all those old people choosing route answers.

That dude with the nickname "Man with 1000 waifus" is too pro.

I'm into this for more Tobiichi, really like her thus far.
Apr 8, 2013 11:36 AM

Mar 2013
Kawaii7878 said:

'nuff said.
There are nights when the wolves are silent and only the moon howls.

「僕はオオカミだと認めざるを得ない。」
Apr 8, 2013 12:01 PM

Sep 2012
oh wow all the girl leads are really strong! will take a long while to decide who to support >< but so far really enjoying the series :) kinda like TWGOK :D
Apr 8, 2013 12:07 PM

Apr 2010
My disappointment from last week hasn't faded one but.
This episode felt even more rushed then last week where they trying to catch the train or something, well if they where trying to catch the train here in Europe they would not be rushing since they are never on time anyway but since we are speaking about Japan here where the train does always leave on time.
It's because i know what happened in the novel i am able to follow this but looking from the anime viewers point i would be having question marks.
Many things where unexplained some good parts that had good jokes and explained a lot where left out and on top of that some new parts where added that didn't make sense and all and have almost no relation to the story at all.
Apr 8, 2013 12:35 PM

Jun 2012
Not bad in fact I liked it even though some parts were left out from the manga. Was great when she ripped the picture up before changing into the school uniform.
If strength is justice, then is powerlessness a crime?

Apr 8, 2013 1:06 PM

Aug 2011
This episode was alright, Kotori was more bearable this time around.

I feel like Tohka's character made a really drastic change so it feels really sudden. But anyways, okay second episode.
Apr 8, 2013 1:27 PM

Jun 2011
not bad.
touka is a tsundere, nice XD
Apr 8, 2013 2:25 PM
Jan 2011
lmao @ the spirit girl ripping the photo.

feel pretty bad for the gundam girl.
Apr 8, 2013 3:21 PM
めんどくさい

Sep 2011
I gave this episode a 3/5 because the school was trashed.

I considered that a plus, by the way ;)

Kawaii7878 said:

Same here.
Apr 8, 2013 5:27 PM

Jul 2011
I'm the only one who find this show totally random?
Apr 8, 2013 5:46 PM

Dec 2012
Can't help but just picturing Tohka as Yozora from Haganai(mostly from having the same VA)
Apr 8, 2013 6:28 PM

Jul 2012
liked the episode, but I still wish they'd included Shidou's fails when he was first trying the eroge training

"The little sister collapsed in tears. The protagonist being beaten by the father. The clear sound of handcuffs. The protagonist laughing alone in a dark room."

lol
"Let's make a miracle happen using the power of friendship."
"If that was all it took, there'd be no need for training arcs!"

"Normal rabbits don't carry guns!"
Pages (6) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Date A Live Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Apr 20, 2013

150 by Jonas-K »»
Apr 11, 4:40 PM

Poll: » Date A Live Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 13, 2013

272 by Jonas-K »»
Apr 11, 4:00 PM

Poll: » Date A Live Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 30, 2013

338 by Jonas-K »»
Apr 10, 8:26 PM

Poll: » Date A Live Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 15, 2013

321 by BreakfastBowl »»
Mar 22, 6:16 AM

» Is this cartoon going to disappoint me ( 1 2 )

weeaboo5008 - Jan 29

56 by athanm »»
Mar 11, 4:57 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.