Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Apr 6, 2013 10:38 AM

Aug 2011
its cuz the data base is being updated at the moment. 3000 people arent being counted right now. wait till at least tomorrow for the ratings to change.
TL & founder of Refrain Subs.
Apr 6, 2013 10:46 AM

Jul 2010

I loved the anime, had highs and lows parts but overall loved it :'D

Can't wait for Refrain T--------------------------T
Apr 6, 2013 10:48 AM

Mar 2012
couldn't wait anymore so watched it raw; will watch subs later when UTW releases them tonight.

Certainly not a bad adaption; surely it's not perfect (neither is Clannad) but I still enjoyed it intensely; it was like every episode only lasted a few minutes. Some episodes where heartwarming while others where quite sad. Funny thing is, that a long time ago (before I even knew what anime was), one day I saw a link and picture to something called "Little Busters" and I thought it was childish; but now I learned it is the most awesome thing in this world. Unfortunately now I have to wait at least half a year for Refrain; but I'm already extremely hyped; certainly going to miss this anime for the coming time.

Thank you JC Staff for the adaption of the first season; now make the second season even better please! For me, this anime certainly lived up to the (very high) expectations.
Apr 6, 2013 11:38 AM

May 2012
Apr 6, 2013 11:54 AM

Sep 2008
For anyone interested, here's a rough translation of the teaser at the end of the episode:

Wafuu~
Apr 6, 2013 12:43 PM

Dec 2012
I´ve seen the RAW episode.

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK, NICE CHAPTER.

But, they´ve lost the game? T_________T. Why? If they were kicking their asses...

Final review tomorrow.

PD: My reaction after watching the 2nd Season Announcement:
TimeToRepentApr 6, 2013 12:51 PM

This is how it all begins.

My RYM|My Last.Fm|My Steam
Apr 6, 2013 1:06 PM

Dec 2012
TimeToRepent said:

But, they´ve lost the game? T_________T. Why? If they were kicking their asses...

Final review tomorrow.

They won the baseball game, that's why they were holding up Riki and cheering and stuff. It even said that they won 18-10
Apr 6, 2013 1:11 PM

Dec 2012
Seano299 said:
TimeToRepent said:

Final review tomorrow.

They won the baseball game, that's why they were holding up Riki and cheering and stuff. It even said that they won 18-10

But I´ve seen in the score... Where it says: リトルバスターズ (Little Busters), in the score has a 10, and the other team has 18...

Apr 6, 2013 1:21 PM

Dec 2012
TimeToRepent said:
Seano299 said:
TimeToRepent said:

Final review tomorrow.

But I´ve seen in the score... Where it says: リトルバスターズ (Little Busters), in the score has a 10, and the other team has 18...

Well, it also says that they didn't get any runs on the last outing, which we know is wrong anyway, because we had Kurugaya, Kud and Riki make a run at the end, so I feel it's pretty obvious that JC just messed that up (although I can hardly read the boards anyway).
Apr 6, 2013 1:23 PM

Jul 2010
Well, guess it's time to play the VN now and get prepped for Refrain in the future.
Apr 6, 2013 1:24 PM

Dec 2012
Seano299 said:
TimeToRepent said:
Seano299 said:
TimeToRepent said:

Final review tomorrow.

Well, it also says that they didn't get any runs on the last outing, which we know is wrong anyway, because we had Kurugaya, Kud and Riki make a run at the end, so I feel it's pretty obvious that JC just messed that up (although I can hardly read the boards anyway).

Yeah, pretty sure. Those d***heads pooped it.

Apr 6, 2013 1:58 PM

Oct 2012
i enjoyed the series... 9/10 for this season.
after i heard about refrain i can die in peace. haha,
finally its settled, yeah time for hiatus for a while. XD

Apr 6, 2013 5:28 PM

Aug 2012
J.C. Staff did a god job adapting this series despite the flaws seen these past few weeks.
9/10 for the series.
And by the way, I don't think KyoAni can do a better adaptation of LB! than J.C.
Apr 6, 2013 5:37 PM

Sep 2012
10/10
10/10
10/10
10/10

Fuck all you haters <3
Cya next season.
Apr 6, 2013 6:21 PM

Aug 2011
A fantastic season finale to a great show that is Little Busters! It all started with the intrumental version of Faraway, and I loved to see Kengo as one of the baseball team and all happy and smiling. How I missed that!

There wasn't much going on this episode and it was all good. Girls saying their reason and thanks to Riki for their struggle and the way he has helped them together and moved on.

Kyousuke with more foreshadowing of what we are to expect the coming season, which I am really hyped about!

And the best part of this episode, they went with Little Busters winning the match! I'll honestly say that it took me a few dozen tries to win it due to RNG playing with me, but this was just great to watch, especially with the opening song being played during the match.

JC Staff did a good job adapting, though they struggled a bit, but it got better as the show progressed, and to adapt something like this into an anime is not a easy task at all. I am pleased with the show so far, and I hope Refrain is going to be really well adapted and done really well, just as how good Refrain was in the VN.

There were some rushed moments here and there during the season, but they did a good job nonetheless. I was not fan of those spandex ass shots that would just crawl up to you, hopefully there won't be much about that in Refrain.

My score for the first season is 8/10. JC Staff: It gets better.

Judging from the preview, we got some really intense stuff coming towards us on the next season, and what in my opinion is the core of Little Busters, Refrain. If done properly, this could be god tier. Also Kengo's outrage on Kyousuke, God I am looking forward to that. Refrain~

Apr 6, 2013 6:26 PM

Jul 2012
I'm not trying to go against the crowd or be a J.C. hater, but I found this adaption/build up to be mainly mediocre, so I'm giving it a 5/10.

I wasn't too fond of how the arcs were executed, particularly Kud's and her deus ex machina (which I know will be explained later, but still) not to mention time to get attached and really know all the characters wasn't spent well.

Again, I do realize this was a buildup and from what I've heard it's undoubtable that Refrain will reach a higher score than this did, but even as a buildup it felt very weak to me. Nothing really stood out. Standard visuals, overused music, bland comedy.

The characters definitely weren't bad. Not even Komari whom people seem to hate. I liked them, but never got attached to them.

Here's to hoping for great things from Refrain!
Apr 6, 2013 6:35 PM

May 2010
yawn.

the whole anime was soo dull and there was waaay too much melodrama and moe for my taste and i dont even know how i managed to finish it. i wont even touch the sequel.

Little Busters! bored me to DEATH!

BUT it had parts which i really liked so i dont really want to slap a 5/10 rating on it so i have to go with 6/10.

just wanna say those kids have some REAL problems.
Apr 6, 2013 6:36 PM

Sep 2012
>implying Clannad isn't moe melodrama
Apr 6, 2013 6:41 PM

Nov 2012
A simple episode but pack with the emotions of friendship.

Haven't play the VN but now I want to go play it before Refrain airs! I honestly enjoy this anime for its concept of the power of friendship. J.C. Staff you might have receive a strange split among the fanbase. You did a good job adapting a novel that is known to take 50+ hours to complete (including the arcs that will be in Refrain).

8/10 from me ^^
Apr 6, 2013 6:43 PM

May 2010
Vladz0r said:

>yes but with less annoying brats like the one in your profile
Apr 6, 2013 6:45 PM

Nov 2011
Apr 6, 2013 6:46 PM

Sep 2012
Kerozinn said:
Vladz0r said:

Like these guys?

Apr 6, 2013 6:47 PM

Jun 2010
I really wanted to write about a lot of things when it came to this adaptation (sometimes I did xD) but I did not feel the need to do so (in most cases). Alas it is the end of the 1st season and I would like to comment in a way fitting this show. Unfortunately Kengo stole my catch phrase I wanted to use to describe the show, namely: Little Busters Saikou!
Apr 6, 2013 6:47 PM

Jul 2012
that was a good final episode
Apr 6, 2013 6:48 PM

Jul 2012
Vladz0r said:
Kerozinn said:
Vladz0r said:

Like these guys?

B-But Fu-chan is precious angel. ;_;

Also, I wonder if this is gonna turn into a Clannad vs Little Busters war. Admit it -- they're both moe melodrama (their first season counterparts at least) but with different characters and situations.
Apr 6, 2013 6:50 PM

May 2010
Vladz0r said:
Kerozinn said:
Vladz0r said:

Like these guys?

yes exactly!

now get over yourself and just accept/tolerate it.
Apr 6, 2013 6:55 PM

Sep 2011
Oh god stop having a Clannad Vs Little Busters battle here.
Apr 6, 2013 6:57 PM

Sep 2012
There, I changed my avatar.
No more shittily developed autistic anime version Kud.
Can't say shit about VN Kud, this is my territory.
(may take time to show)
Apr 6, 2013 7:01 PM

Jul 2012
Vladz0r said:

(may take time to show)

I've been trying to change my avatar to Kyouko for weeks now. Looks like shittily developed autistic anime Kud will be stuck for a while.
Apr 6, 2013 7:02 PM

Jul 2012
Kerozinn said:
Vladz0r said:
Kerozinn said:
Vladz0r said:

Like these guys?

yes exactly!

I hope you realize that they were implying that those girls were annoying brats.
Apr 6, 2013 7:02 PM

Sep 2012
Tyrel said:
Oh god stop having a Clannad Vs Little Busters battle here.

In response to this.
Apr 6, 2013 7:03 PM

Sep 2012
IT'S OVER Here's to a satisfying conclusion to LB!. I'm going to miss coming to these threads every week to either bash or praise an episode.
See you all in LB Refrain! I shall now migrate to the Railgun, Shingeki, Aku no hana and Oeimo threads.
egnaro15Apr 6, 2013 7:12 PM
Apr 6, 2013 7:12 PM

Jul 2009
man these forums are deadly. spoilers everywhere just tempting you to open.
hopefully s2 comes soon. this shit better be worth the hype cause s1 was mediocre at best.
Apr 6, 2013 7:13 PM

Jul 2009
This was the worst sports anime ever. They only played baseball for like five minutes. And it took them 25 eps to get there! 2/10
Apr 6, 2013 7:14 PM

Sep 2012
leetshoe said:
This was the worst sports anime ever. They only played baseball for like five minutes. And it took them 25 eps to get there! 2/10

It's not a sports anime.
Apr 6, 2013 7:15 PM

Jul 2010
Vladz0r said:
Kerozinn said:
Vladz0r said:

Like these guys?

Fuko is the perfectioness.

leetshoe said:

LOL, this isn't a sports anime.
Apr 6, 2013 7:16 PM

Jul 2012
helski666 said:
I really wanted to write about a lot of things when it came to this adaptation (sometimes I did xD) but I did not feel the need to do so (in most cases). Alas it is the end of the 1st season and I would like to comment in a way fitting this show. Unfortunately Kengo stole my catch phrase I wanted to use to describe the show, namely: Little Busters Saikou!

i think Kengo stole that from Kyousuke and Riki
Apr 6, 2013 7:19 PM

Aug 2012
leetshoe said:

one match and a few practices approx 3mins shown each time and somehow your labeling this a sports anime?
Apr 6, 2013 7:20 PM

Jul 2011
How many times does Riki need to reiterate for the audience how Kyousuke helped him when he was a kid, and that he has Narcolepsy? It feels like he goes over it every other episode.

Overall the episode wasn't bad. I am kind of disappointed that they just glossed over the baseball game though - the season needed a climax! What better way to end it than show the baseball game they've been working for for 25 episodes?! As it stands now, it just kind of ends with a whimper.

Having watched all 26 episodes, my overall score of this show is a 6/10. Not awful, but not really good. The first ten episodes of the season were almost torturous in how boring they were, and by the time the show FINALLY started to pick up, it was already halfway over.

Some of the girl's routes were also butchered and rushed to such an extent that it was hard to enjoy them. Haruka and Komari I feel were especially affected by this, with Mio and Kud's routes not being that bad overall in my opinion.

It's pretty clear that this season was just build up, especially with the last half dozen episodes or so pretty much hammering it into the viewer's head that SOMETHING is up (coincidentally, these were the best episodes of the show). Overall, this is a pretty forgettable season, and I definitely won't be re-watching this any time soon.
Apr 6, 2013 7:22 PM

Jan 2011
This episode gave me nothing but the feels Man!~, i did think JC was doing a shit job in the start but they somehow pulled it off a decent adaptation with a lot of love and hate it episodes.

But that teaser at the end How long must i wait?!
Apr 6, 2013 7:30 PM

Dec 2012
leetshoe said:

You made my night, bro.
TimeToRepentApr 6, 2013 7:35 PM

Apr 6, 2013 7:43 PM

Feb 2010
Very cheesy, I like it. Can't wait for the second season.

ihateeveryone said:
Also, I wonder if this is gonna turn into a Clannad vs Little Busters war. Admit it -- they're both moe melodrama (their first season counterparts at least) but with different characters and situations.

Friendship vs Family? Lol
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 6, 2013 7:43 PM

Sep 2012
Blood isn't always thicker than water.
Apr 6, 2013 7:46 PM

May 2012
it was pretty good, had my laughs and my sobs through the anime :p great as usual, key.
Apr 6, 2013 7:50 PM

Apr 2012
That is definitely a satisfying ending. I just had the longest smile in my entire existence thus far. Yes, it surpassed from the one with Sakurasou lol

Definitely waiting for Refrain.
Apr 6, 2013 7:52 PM

Dec 2012
Kerozinn said:
Vladz0r said:
Kerozinn said:
Vladz0r said:

Like these guys?

yes exactly!

STOP THIS SHIT NOW! I don´t care if You liked or didn´t liked the fucking adaptation, but hell, don´t start a fucking war, boys.

@Kerozinn: As somebody told You in a reply, You know that the creators were implying about these girls to be "annoying brats"?. So stop bitching around about the fucking design, hell.

@Vladzor: AND YOU THAT PAY HIM ATTENTION!!!. Dude, If You like using fool profile pictures that You like, USE THEM!.

So, stop fucking around the hell out, dammit.
TimeToRepentApr 6, 2013 9:55 PM

Apr 6, 2013 8:05 PM

Sep 2012
TimeToRepent said:

STOP THIS SHIT NOW! I don´t care if You liked or didn´t liked the fucking adaptation, but hell, don´t start a fucking war, boys.

@Kerozinn: As somebody told You in a reply, You know that the creators were implying to be "annoying brats"?. So stop bitching around about the fucking design, hell.

@Vladzor: AND YOU THAT PAY HIM ATTENTION!!!. Dude, If You like using fool profile pictures that You like, USE THEM!.

And I'm just like...
Apr 6, 2013 8:07 PM

Dec 2012
Vladz0r said:
TimeToRepent said:

@Kerozinn: As somebody told You in a reply, You know that the creators were implying to be "annoying brats"?. So stop bitching around about the fucking design, hell.

And I'm just like...

LOL.

Apr 6, 2013 8:21 PM

Sep 2008
Ejc said:
Shed manly tears watching the last min of this ep, lol.

Can't wait for Refrain. Please air in Fall 2013 at the earliest xD

and knowing key, this were the last manly taers i'll shed in this anime, the resy will be little girly tears, refrain is gonna make me suffer, i just know it TT_TT

riki-kun's harem! banzai!!!
Being a fan is like having a penis. Its nice to be proud of it But don't pull it out in public and wave it in other's faces

Kyurem Black. Kyurem White. Together they are Pretty Kyurem.
Apr 6, 2013 8:32 PM

Dec 2011

*w*
Pages (7) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Little Busters! Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 30, 2013

200 by little_raven »»
Feb 24, 10:41 AM

Poll: » Little Busters! Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 2, 2013

167 by little_raven »»
Feb 21, 8:10 PM

Poll: » Little Busters! Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 9, 2013

288 by little_raven »»
Feb 21, 10:31 AM

Poll: » Little Busters! Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Funya-Usagi - Jan 5, 2013

185 by little_raven »»
Feb 20, 10:26 AM

Poll: » Little Busters! Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Yumekichi11 - Oct 6, 2012

759 by WheatIey »»
Oct 12, 2023 2:56 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.