Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
My Youth Romantic Comedy Is Wrong, As I Expected (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (9) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »
Apr 8, 2013 8:39 AM

Oct 2012
Well, that was surprisingly good, at least for love comedy (but this isn't either love nor comedy, right? :)) - but it's more like seinen which is great.
Some thought out dialogs in there. Both main characters are likeable and smart, I am definitely watching this.
Mich666Apr 8, 2013 8:42 AM
Apr 8, 2013 8:39 AM
Feb 2012
Now that was one entertaining first episode. The series has got potential, that much is sure.
The release of atomic energy has not created a new problem. It has merely made more urgent the necessity of solving an existing one. - Albert Einstein
Apr 8, 2013 11:30 AM

Jan 2008
It was pretty uninteresting. Might as well drop after seeing the second episode.
Apr 8, 2013 12:40 PM

Nov 2011
It seems a bit of a bad copy haganai, I figured better, but I do not like the character design and is also poorly done, the plot is not really struck me, I put it among those to do with the lowest priority, too bad!
Apr 8, 2013 1:17 PM

May 2010
Nothing happened much actually, but I like the character designs.
Even when I was in crowd, I was always alone
Apr 8, 2013 1:20 PM

Mar 2013
The way this show ended was really interesting, seems like there's going to be complications

BlackAlphaApr 8, 2013 1:29 PM
Mastery through endless repetition.
Apr 8, 2013 3:21 PM

Jul 2009
hmm so its like the Title similar to Oreimo long and about a guy etc, loner types trying to find friends kind of like Boku Ha Tomodachi, a Club that wants to help people Sket Dance etc.

^its just some observations i kind of picked up after watching though with a Club helping out people sparked Sket Dance but on a different approach with Love story between the two main protag's added into the equation.

So far it looks good, would be nice if they will try to follow as much of it on the manga/novel or if the do not follow it atleast keep it a great series.
オール・イズ・バニッティー

Apr 8, 2013 3:48 PM

Feb 2010
The storyline and characters are not that original, it really gives you the feeling like you have already seen this a million times already, but the animation and the opening are nice, so it was ok overall.
Apr 8, 2013 4:20 PM

Jan 2011
The opening song reminds me of Amagami SS OP2.
Apr 8, 2013 7:20 PM

Dec 2011
^ Yes totally.
This could be a somewhat intriguing love-sick anime.
Apr 8, 2013 7:34 PM

Dec 2010
Oh my fucking god. Yui. My. Fucking. God.

HNGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGg

Apr 8, 2013 10:53 PM

Feb 2013
My interest was captured by this episode, but I wonder if each episode is going to be more of the same, guess I'll find out soon.
[/url]
Apr 8, 2013 11:30 PM

Nov 2008
Had moderate expectations and it delivered and then-some.

Excellent character dialogue and take on the romantic/comedy genre. It doesn't seem like the same old loner route. They all have different reasons for being different/alone and busted each others balls and got along. Opening and closing themes were nice and again, the dialogue was very compelling and premise of the club enough to get it across the line to flesh out a story. You can feel the romantic tension between all of them based on who they are. Cookie girl reminds me of Minori from Toradora and I feel this series has got a lot of inspiration from that series with the lead male as well (though he not only looks delinquent, he pretty much is). Pretty funny as well. As a big fan of Toradora I think this one is going to be a must.
http://www.youtube.com/swiftstylez - My AMV's. I would really appreciate any comments and ratings :]

Apr 9, 2013 1:55 AM

Mar 2013
Swiftstylez said:
Had moderate expectations and it delivered and then-some.

Excellent character dialogue and take on the romantic/comedy genre. It doesn't seem like the same old loner route. They all have different reasons for being different/alone and busted each others balls and got along. Opening and closing themes were nice and again, the dialogue was very compelling and premise of the club enough to get it across the line to flesh out a story. You can feel the romantic tension between all of them based on who they are. Cookie girl reminds me of Minori from Toradora and I feel this series has got a lot of inspiration from that series with the lead male as well (though he not only looks delinquent, he pretty much is). Pretty funny as well. As a big fan of Toradora I think this one is going to be a must.

Toradora was the best! This show was pretty good and im looking foward to more. I grow tired of repetitive characters in most anime so i hope this one stays fresh. Dig the jagged animation too.

kikoushi said:
It was pretty uninteresting. Might as well drop after seeing the second episode.

This guy dropped Toradora after 2 episodes and rated it a 3. If there was a shit list on here, you would be on mine.
Apr 9, 2013 4:22 AM

Aug 2012
kikoushi said:

You might as well not rate any animes,because you are pretty dumb, for rating such good animes as Toradora 3. Go watch your dumb hentai n' stuff, because you have no idea what is a good anime.
Apr 9, 2013 6:47 AM

Oct 2007
Again, as Yukino stated very clear in this episode "Beauty lies in the eyes of the beholder."

Someone doesn't like the show you like doesn't mean he has a "shit" taste. Just because you like Toradora that doesn't mean you have a better taste than him either.

Honestly why the heck are people attacking other for no freaking reason.

"A Legend is but a tale of a beautiful lie."
Apr 9, 2013 7:31 AM

Jul 2010
Not bad for a first episode
Apr 9, 2013 9:13 AM

May 2012
Very nice. This season rocks!!!
Isayama Hajime should be awarded The Manga with The Highest Inconsistencies of Characters' Appearances.
He keeps performing multiple plastic surgeries on those Shingeki No Kyojin characters in a SINGLE chapter.
Yes, I've read up to the latest chapter of Shingeki No Kyojin manga.
Forced myself to read through the kidsketching chapters after the anime's ended. At least from now on, I only have to go through the hell once a month.
Patiently awaiting SNK TV/movie/OVA anime-sequel.
The 2015 SNK live-action movie would probably suck.
Apr 9, 2013 12:32 PM

Jul 2010
Siva said:
Again, as Yukino stated very clear in this episode "Beauty lies in the eyes of the beholder."

Someone doesn't like the show you like doesn't mean he has a "shit" taste. Just because you like Toradora that doesn't mean you have a better taste than him either.

Honestly why the heck are people attacking other for no freaking reason.

I totally agree.
Apr 9, 2013 1:30 PM
Jan 2013
I think this will be a really good anime. 10/10 so far :)
Apr 9, 2013 3:25 PM
Jul 2018
This anime seems like a cross between Bakemonogatari (really awesome conversations going on between each characters, you can really see the personality of each of them just by these; the main girl reminds me of Senjougahara) and Boku wa Tomodachi (kinda similar theme about getting friends and having a more social life; the main guy reminds of Kodaka, although this one seems better than Boku wa). The op song is really nice as well, the only downside is that the characters' face seems unpolished at some points. Definitely one of the best anime in this season imo.
Apr 9, 2013 3:43 PM

Mar 2013
I just don't think someone should watch and rate romantic comedies a 4 or less if they obviously hate the genre. I mean watching or dropping like 25 romantic comedies and rating them all horribly just means you hate the genre as a whole. the only 9s and 10s on his list were trippy or artsy comedies. Stick to those then. Thats like if i watched all magic school girl bullshit or the like and rated them 2 or 1. I don't bother cause I'm bias and hate them.
Apr 9, 2013 4:10 PM

May 2011
Was looking forward to this and I thought this was a great start to the anime. I just love the convos in this series and the characters are looking awesome so far. Hikki's commentaries are amusing to watch and I actually like the way he thinks. Yukino's attitude is great too and I love Yui's cheerfulness. And Saori Hayami's voice here sounds lovely with Yukino.
Apr 9, 2013 4:52 PM

Jun 2012
Maelis said:
This anime seems like a cross between Bakemonogatari (really awesome conversations going on between each characters, you can really see the personality of each of them just by these; the main girl reminds me of Senjougahara) and Boku wa Tomodachi (kinda similar theme about getting friends and having a more social life; the main guy reminds of Kodaka, although this one seems better than Boku wa). The op song is really nice as well, the only downside is that the characters' face seems unpolished at some points. Definitely one of the best anime in this season imo.

I agree here. It reminds me of bakemonogatari, the awesome conversations, and Haganai, the narrative and setting.

The OP and ED remind me of Hyouka.
Check out the News Club for daily rankings, discussion on future CD and BD releases, manga and novels. New members are welcome!
Apr 9, 2013 5:34 PM

Mar 2012
Loving it so far. Like people said it reminds me of Bake and Haganai
Apr 9, 2013 6:07 PM

Feb 2012
Pretty decent first episode.
Apr 9, 2013 6:57 PM

Oct 2007
Dazedonthemoon said:
I just don't think someone should watch and rate romantic comedies a 4 or less if they obviously hate the genre. I mean watching or dropping like 25 romantic comedies and rating them all horribly just means you hate the genre as a whole. the only 9s and 10s on his list were trippy or artsy comedies. Stick to those then. Thats like if i watched all magic school girl bullshit or the like and rated them 2 or 1. I don't bother cause I'm bias and hate them.
The reason you can give a show lower than 5 is because you have an option to do so. And there is nothing wrong for someone to give a show lower than 5. It is the same you are free to give every of your favourite shows a 10. On the other hand, whether be it "Hate" or "Like" both expressions are known as being biased. I think your reason of watching anime just different than him.

Apr 9, 2013 7:13 PM

Mar 2013
Siva said:
Dazedonthemoon said:
The reason you can give a show lower than 5 is because you have an option to do so. And there is nothing wrong for someone to give a show lower than 5. It is the same you are free to give every of your favourite shows a 10. On the other hand, whether be it "Hate" or "Like" both expressions are known as being biased. I think your reason of watching anime just different than him.

Le sigh. You either missed or ignored my point and turned it into a moral argument. Yes people are free to use whatever options are available to them. I also stated that liking and hating certain genres is bias and merely expressed my opinion that if i absolutely hate a certain genre of anime why would i continue to watch them and destroy a rating of a show that many like? RomComs especially take a few episodes to build up the characters and plot so if you drop them in an episode or two you aren't giving them a fair chance.
But like you said and i AGREE people can do what they want. Which is what I did, you did, and he did. ;)
Apr 9, 2013 8:35 PM

Sep 2012
I have to say I agree more with Dazedonthemoon. I think he agrees that there is the freedom for people to vote low but he sees there is a bigger and more important point of why one wants to watch a show that is clearly against his taste and preference, with the possible reason that he can thus rate that show low. I would agree that Dazedonthemoon's approach is much more sensible: If you are aware that you do not like a genre, there is little point to keep chasing it either in the vain hope that it will turn out to be something different (otherwise the "generic" label is sure to be handed out) or in the stubbornness to suffer the genre repeatedly and then keep campaigning about how bad the genre is (and here another favorite word used by the haters comes out - they want to prove "objectively" how bad the genre is even though that low ratings reflect more about their deep subjectivity than anything else).
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Apr 9, 2013 10:22 PM

Oct 2012
shigeru212 said:

The OP and ED remind me of Hyouka.

^ that's what I thought too :o

Apr 9, 2013 10:44 PM
Jan 2011
lol at him calling her a slut. doesn't he know that's a good thing? they can both practice, and then he can end up with his soul mate, that other female lead.

i suppose i'll keep watching it. both female leads aren't interesting to me. i hope there's a hidden third one.
Apr 10, 2013 12:17 AM

Apr 2011
Let's say there is someone with strong affinity with Hikki.
Apr 10, 2013 1:15 AM

Mar 2013
symbv said:
I have to say I agree more with Dazedonthemoon. I think he agrees that there is the freedom for people to vote low but he sees there is a bigger and more important point of why one wants to watch a show that is clearly against his taste and preference, with the possible reason that he can thus rate that show low. I would agree that Dazedonthemoon's approach is much more sensible: If you are aware that you do not like a genre, there is little point to keep chasing it either in the vain hope that it will turn out to be something different (otherwise the "generic" label is sure to be handed out) or in the stubbornness to suffer the genre repeatedly and then keep campaigning about how bad the genre is (and here another favorite word used by the haters comes out - they want to prove "objectively" how bad the genre is even though that low ratings reflect more about their deep subjectivity than anything else).

Thanks symbv. The main reason i said something was because alot of people may use MAL to find other anime in the same genre they may have not heard about based on the overall rating. They could overlook some good stuff on here because of people flaming it for bias/personal reasons. In hindsight I should have mentioned this in my first post!
Apr 10, 2013 1:38 AM
Mar 2009
Lol. First time seeing the main character having a perpetually angry glare on all the time.

That was pretty funny. "I'm not a bitch! I'm still a virgi---shit."

Looks like Yui likes "Hikki." I thought they were osananajimi, but it seems he doesn't know her at all. She also had a lesbian moment with Yukino, haha.

I could identify with some of the ideas they were throwing around. Guess I'm sticking around for this.
Apr 10, 2013 7:32 AM

Oct 2007
@symbv and Dazedonthemoon: I guess you guys didn't get what I mean.

Firstly, I understand where are you guys coming from and what your intention is. So let me give you an few examples of myself.

-I hate Toradora and I managed to finish it on top of that I even gave it a 7 out of 10 which is a really good from me because the show managed to solve its own problem at the end.

-I hate Shakugan no Shana and I beat myself up to finish the first 2 seasons. The reason why I hate it is because I hate Shana herself(being too bratty). Then come the third season, it changed my view of the show and my view over Shana.

And your question would be "Why would I want to watch a show I hate?", am I one of those people as you described them to be? I would say NO but I have very good reason for that.

-Once I started something I want to see it to the end even if I don't like it if possible.
-Sometime I don't like the show but I am curious to see how the show ends.
-I still watch it because of its fame and how people praise it as a great show and I don't to be left in the dark when they start talking about it.

As you can see sometime my suffering can turn into a good thing later on even though the chance is slim but the real reasons are what I stated above.

As for the genre thing, I know there are people out there that used this system to pick an anime to watch but there are people like me who don't but that doesn't mean I don't have any genre I hate or love, instead I do but I don't want it to be the barrier that prevent me from enjoying any show out of my field of interest.

Lastly, I think you jumped into conclusion too fast there. You believed NUMBER said everything, you believed that if he gave something below 5 then that mean he didn't like it at all or never had fun watching it. If you watch his list closely you will see that he managed to finish alot of his low rate shows. One of them is Candy Candy which he gave a 4 and that anime has 115 episodes long and 25mins per episode. I really doubt it that he didn't enjoy this show at all even if he only gave it a 4.

Apr 10, 2013 8:15 AM

Sep 2012
@Siva, I got what you mean, but what Dazedonthemoon and I argued against is not your type of "hate". What we argued against is some people's attitude towards a whole genre. So if a person hates romcom genre but still keep watching romcom and then rate all the romcom shows low either because he keeps searching in vain for a perfect romcom (while not knowing in fact he hates the whole genre) or he just wants to trash the genre so he just forces himself to go through all those romcom shows, then this person should really ask himself whether he is really not suited to watch shows of that genre after all. You are talking about individual show, while we talk about a certain repetitive pattern over a series of shows on the same genre.

And lastly I am not sure why you said I "jumped into conclusion too fast" because I never said anything like I "believed NUMBER said everything" or I "believed that if he gave something below 5 then that mean he didn't like it at all or never had fun watching it". I just gave a general comment regarding the behavior of certain group of people displaying such behavior of forcing himself to check through shows of some genre which he always ends up rating low. This is not a comment directed against the "he" you referred to in your post or you yourself but towards anybody showing this kind of behavior pattern.

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Apr 10, 2013 8:26 AM

Mar 2011
I don't like harem rom coms based off a light novel with a ridiculously long title, because they tend to be the same show over and over, just with different character designs and contexts, and occasionally they use different character tropes. I keep watching for several reasons, but the main ones are that I'm sometimes pleasantly surprised, I love complaining, and it's a good contrast against good anime.

Anyway, I mentioned this before, but I think this may be a better harem ron com based off a light novel with a ridiculously long title than most, because rather than having a bullshit premise (like OreShura did, "I don't do love" bullshit), it has a proper premise that can addressed and developed throughout the show (much like Haganai, which is one of the better harem rom coms).

In any case, everyone has the right to give their opinion, and I always find it hypocritical of people who react strongly to people who say "I hate this show" or "this was shit", often complaining "You're not contributing anything!" or "saying it's shit without backing it up -> lol!" etc. when they are perfectly fine with 20 times the amount of posts that do the exact same thing but for having a positive opinion instead.
Apr 10, 2013 8:38 AM

Sep 2012
InfiniteRufus said:
In any case, everyone has the right to give their opinion, and I always find it hypocritical of people who react strongly to people who say "I hate this show" or "this was shit", often complaining "You're not contributing anything!" or "saying it's shit without backing it up -> lol!" etc. when they are perfectly fine with 20 times the amount of posts that do the exact same thing but for having a positive opinion instead.
Well, it depends on where you stand, if you basically are the type who tend more to complain and use negative language to vent your dissatisfaction, you may be more tolerant of people doing the same thing for a show they don't like. On the other hand, if a person tends to look more on the positive side and believe that a show is watched more to be enjoyed instead of being viewed critically, then it is only natural that he would find the negative language like "shit" or "trash" or "retarded" or "idiot" to sound like ranting and killjoy. There is nothing hypocritical about such view. It is more about what kind of sensibility and attitude you hold you watch a show and when you voice your opinion.

And your explanation of why you keep watching a genre you confess to mostly dislike seems to indicate you do it because you love to complain and you want to watch the "bad stuff" to serve as a contrast to the "good anime" in your view. While I would agree one can approach a work whatever way he likes, I still cannot help but think that why this is something that is so worth the time to do. It is not like there are too few anime to choose from. It is not as if such pursuit is more enjoyable than watching something you like. On the other hand, despite the very occasional "pleasant surprises" most likely than not you will end up feeling disappointed and dissatisfied. The only reason why I can see one still stick to it nonetheless is either he derives joy from such disappointment feeling or he just wants to gain the right to bash against it, either in private or in public like this forum.
symbvApr 10, 2013 8:55 AM

Apr 10, 2013 9:50 AM

Oct 2007
There are good things that you can never get from just watching the show you like.

Apr 10, 2013 9:53 AM

Sep 2012
Siva said:
There are good things that you can never get from just watching the show you like.
But at what cost - time spent, dissatisfaction resulted, risk of growing bias. That is the question. Particularly if you end up failing to find a way to appreciate a show of that genre most of the time.

Note that I am not against watching a show that you don't like. I am talking about watching shows of a genre you know you don't like.
symbvApr 10, 2013 9:58 AM

Apr 10, 2013 10:37 AM

Mar 2011
It's not so much that I am venting my frustrations, or at least that's usually the case. What I tend to like doing is just stating why I think it's not very good, and will go to some effort if I do post something negative to point out all that it's done wrong.

That said, I do get your point, someone who looks on the more positive side, thinking that people should enjoy it etc. is not a hypocrite. However, the person you speak of (who enjoys rather than critiques) would only have issue with these comments if they thought "if you don't like it don't bother watching it" or perhaps "if you don't like it don't comments about it (along the lines of "if you have nothing nice to say say nothing at all). If they expect others to watch anime like they do, they are simply arrogant, and that is frankly worse in my mind. Yes they may just want to simply enjoy anime, but why should anyone else?

I do no hate all shows I think are shit. I hardly ever feel like I'm forcing myself (I only force myself if I'm more than half way through the series) and whilst I may think they're shit I rarely find them flat out unenjoyable.
Apr 10, 2013 10:48 AM

Sep 2012
I think there is a perception of the language used here. What I observe is when people posted comments like "if you don't like it don't bother watching it" or perhaps "if you don't like it don't comments about it" they often made it against comments that use language of rant and mocking with words like "shit", "trash", "garbage", "retarded", "dumb", "idiotic" or abused generalized terms like "generic", "objectively bad". So I think there is definitely an emotion factor here, both from the person making the criticism and those who respond against it. If a person makes some criticisms with more neutral language and some people still said "if you don't like it then don't comment about it" then I would definitely say those people are acting like fanboys who cannot tolerate the slightest bit of criticism. On the other hand, if one chooses to use strong language to express his dislike, I can see why some people could feel the urge to use strong words to counter it.

Apr 10, 2013 11:08 AM

Oct 2007
Well sometime the result was not worth the cost I put into but most of the time it's worth it. It would be a lie if I say I didn't feel regret sometime but I will say, all in all, I don't think I regret it. There is one good reason behind it it is to understand between the good and the bad. You know walking forward is nice but do you know how nice it is? No you don't, not until you started walking backward and then you will finally understand why walking forward is awesome.

The word genre alone does not mean much to me anymore which is the reason why I don't use it. Because I like some Shounen and I also dislike some other Shounen, I like some Shoujo yet I also dislike some other Shoujo. etc. It is hard to say which genre I like or dislike now. The best way to say it would be, I can take any genre except one and that one would be Yaoi. Yet I do tried to watch Yaoi shows but by no mean for the sake of bashing it later on. And do you know why I can watch any genre expect one? Because the reason of that was that I watched the show of genre I didn't like to find a way to like it.

Apr 10, 2013 11:17 AM

Sep 2012
@Siva,

Since you said "The word genre alone does not mean much to me anymore which is the reason why I don't use it" I would say my criticism most definitely does not apply to you, as I never object to people who watch a show, find it not really to their liking, but stay through it till the end. And I wholeheartedly agree with you that one does not know how he might like it until he watches everything. I have more problem with those who decide to pick up a show, knowing that he most likely would dislike it because of its genre (based on past experience), watch it, decide soon that he still hates it, and yet stays till the end (and then the behavior repeats itself)

Apr 10, 2013 1:57 PM

Mar 2011
The word generic is over used, however it can be applied accurately to certain shows. Although I quite like it so far, a show that is "generic" is this one.

It's generic because from the very fact it's a harem rom com (based off a light novel with a ridiculously long title), you know pretty much exactly what sort of show it will be. Sure there will be small things that are different, and of course it's not all the same, but these shows are very similar. I think the reason I can say without hesitation that I don't like harem rom coms in general is because they are, by in large, incredibly similar to one another. Look at this and OreShura from last season as an excellent example. I think harem com roms are the only genre where I can just stick "generic" onto them. If "cute girls going cute things" was a genre I would most likely slap the generic label on those shows too I suppose.

Ah, that was a complete sidetrack from the main point....

Back on track:

"Objectively bad" is just a stupid thing to say. As for the other highly negative words you made mention to, they may be confrontational in a sense, they are just highly negative words, like "love" is a highly positive one. If someone honest to god thought an anime was shit, then they should be able to go on the episode discussion and flat out say "I thought it was shit/trash/garbage". They only sound bad because people who like the show feel insulted themselves by proxy (well, it's kind of more complicated than that) as so they may feel obliged to challenge that. I very occasionally get the opposite, in that whenever someone says they love Penguindrum or that it's the best anime ever, I get rather irritated (I don't think it's a very bad show or anything, I just loathe it).

Thinking of a good example, in the Aku no Hana thread, people who said that it was amazing and best of the season were subject to the usual "shut up your opinion is shit" thing (I've heard it's calmed down considerably now) in stark contrast to what usually happens. People were suddenly perfectly fine with calling it shit and objectively bad, in one of the biggest cases of mass hypocrisy I've seen. I don't think it matters that it's highly negative language, I think people just choose to be vitriolic because someone said the anime they liked was bad, and that's really all it is.
Apr 10, 2013 9:15 PM

Sep 2012
Well, your definition of "generic" is similar to my definition, namely it follows the convention of the genre (hence the similarity). My point is that it has become abused when it becomes a negative word to use when its original meaning is much more neutral. So to me the word "generic" does not carry a negative meaning, but those people who slap the generic label on things they don't like sometimes do it because they cannot tell apart the difference of appeals between works and hence they only see similarity, giving rise to boredom and disappointment, hence "generic". To me too often it seems to indicate less about the show than the watcher who is not attuned to that genre or just too lazy to look at the works in different angles. You may say that you would only use the term for "romcom" genre but as you know the term is so widely used (abused) that it is used to describe many other genres too.

InfiniteRufus said:
If someone honest to god thought an anime was shit, then they should be able to go on the episode discussion and flat out say "I thought it was shit/trash/garbage". They only sound bad because people who like the show feel insulted themselves by proxy (well, it's kind of more complicated than that) as so they may feel obliged to challenge that. I very occasionally get the opposite, in that whenever someone says they love Penguindrum or that it's the best anime ever, I get rather irritated (I don't think it's a very bad show or anything, I just loathe it).
But must an honest opinion need to sound like an emotional opinion? That is the point. One can express his criticism without resorting to abusive or strong language. And I do not agree that those words only sound bad because people feel insulted. If I am in a forum and everything I heard around me are just words like "shit" "garbage" "trash", I would definitely feel irritated even if I don't know anything about what the topic is. This is the atmosphere and mood of the forum that is affecting people. And of course for those who actually like the work, it is only natural that their feeling would be even stronger hearing that. I don't deny that superlative hypes like "this is the best ever" can also sound irritating but I would say that rough negative words are more common.

As for Aku no Hana, I am not sure about others, but to me calling it "shit" or "objectively bad" is just as unacceptable as calling any other work the same (although it seems some of the praises also look like an attempt to troll by acting extreme in the praising). I do not have the time to go through several dozens of pages there so I am not sure how many posts there actually used the words "objectively bad" but I would agree that from the few pages I glimpsed "shit" indeed made quite a bit of appearances. And the mood indeed goes back to what I said earlier: that it is used to get emotional not to further any sensible discussion.

Apr 10, 2013 11:14 PM

Oct 2009
This show has a promising start, I love how this series focused on the dialogue and monologue, although some dialogue are ridiculous and unsubstantial. No ecchi on episode one!, it is a good indicator to differentiate most rom-com series focus, and I hope this one follows the path to drama instead of comedy.

Btw, dunno how but the ending credits reminds me of Boys Be opening...
The most important things in life is the people that you care about
Apr 10, 2013 11:24 PM

Jul 2012
That's it, I'm shipping Yui X Hachiman even though It'll probable go with Yukino

If you really want to fit in, just put Legend of the Galactic Heroes in your top 5 and have it be the only 10-rated anime in your list.
Apr 11, 2013 12:24 AM

Sep 2012
Is this gonna be another harem? Lol.
Apr 11, 2013 12:24 AM

Mar 2013
Sorry I'm late on the discussion, i had to work. Can't say i'll contribute tonight being that its 2am and my brain is totally fried. I am going to check out Aku no Hana before that to see what all the fuss is about though.
Pages (9) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru. Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 27, 2013

561 by Pancreas08 »»
Apr 12, 5:05 AM

» Where to read LN of yui's story

Jackson_rajkumar - Mar 28

6 by Aruhaya »»
Mar 29, 9:49 PM

Poll: » Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru. Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Apr 11, 2013

239 by phuchaitt3 »»
Mar 18, 9:46 AM

Poll: » Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru. Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 23, 2013

301 by venbals »»
Mar 15, 12:57 PM

Poll: » Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru. Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 2, 2013

375 by CrunchyRoles »»
Mar 7, 10:43 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.