Forum Settings
Forums

Manga 'Yozakura Quartet' to Get a New TV Anime Series (Confirmed to Air in Fall 2013)

New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Apr 4, 2013 7:02 PM

Dec 2009
I read the first chapter of the manga some time ago, so I barely remember anything about it. But seems like something I'll enjoy ^^
Apr 4, 2013 7:06 PM

Jul 2008
Antanaru said:
Old series was fine, I don't really see any reason to remake it other than making it more faithful to the original. Oh wait...
with new anime original parts added
Guaranteed failure. Now I really see no reason for this new series.
My thoughts exactly... why remake it if you're not going to stick the manga, again. I would be more optimistic about the whole anime-only parts if they didn't do it so horribly the first time around.

BEGINNER
Apr 4, 2013 8:20 PM

Jun 2010
That's pretty sick. I never watched the old one because I've heard some not-so-good things about it when compared to the manga (which I think is pretty tight).
Apr 4, 2013 8:33 PM

Jul 2010
fluxin42 said:
Drizzy_Drake said:
Homestuck said:
Should one skip the older one and just go for this or watch em both?
The old one was trash, homie. Don't bother with it.

^_-

Actually, I think you should watch both. If you haven't really read the manga, the first adaptation is actually good. I watched the series around the same time I was reading the manga (if I recall correctly), and I actually enjoyed both the anime and the manga equally.
Buuuuuttt...that's just me. I think I might be one of the few who don't mind when anime adaptations don't go off of the manga series entirely.

For sake of time, you could probably get away with just the second TV adaptation.

On another note...
Both a new OVA and TV series?!?! <3<3<3

Ah who am I kidding I'll probably do it all.

Read the manga last so the changes are just puzzling as opposed to rage inducing.
Apr 4, 2013 10:10 PM

Nov 2007
Nice. The anime version of Yozakura was pretty bad, but I read a bit of the manga and liked it a lot. Hopefully this go around is better.

Apr 4, 2013 11:30 PM

Mar 2008
probably will pick this up since i didn't really satisfied with the older ones....

Apr 5, 2013 12:48 AM

Sep 2011
been waiting for ages for this, the 2008's definitely not good enough, but the manga is always interesting.

can't wait
Apr 5, 2013 3:20 AM
Jun 2009
I hope they get the Hoshi no Umi crew back, that OVA had a lot of great action bits.
Apr 5, 2013 9:26 AM

Oct 2012
oh GREAT!

"Duty... There is nothing more precious than that feeling, which makes us think of our friends before ourselves."
Apr 5, 2013 10:34 AM

Jan 2012
The remake is great, if only they stick with the original. Why no make new OAD like Hoshi no Umi arc? Crying in the Moonlight or Walking Pilgrimage is good
I'm a noob
Apr 5, 2013 2:48 PM

Jun 2012

High point of the anime series...so yea...
Apr 5, 2013 4:59 PM

Feb 2010
its about time! :D
"among monsters and humans, there are only two types.
Those who undergo suffering and spread it to others. And those who undergo suffering and avoid giving it to others." -Alice
“Beauty is no quality in things themselves: It exists merely in the mind which contemplates them; and each mind perceives a different beauty.” David Hume
“Evil is created when someone gives up on someone else. It appears when everyone gives up on someone as a lost cause and removes their path to salvation. Once they are cut off from everyone else, they become evil.” -Othinus

Apr 5, 2013 11:43 PM

Oct 2011
YAYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Can't wait to see the gang again! <3
I loved the original Anime of it, even though they didn't follow the manga, it was very nicely done.
I will try and ignore the god awful OVA they made after though, I swear.. if it's as shit as that OVA, I'm gonna scream.
Apr 5, 2013 11:49 PM

May 2010
finally! I saw the potential it had with the little OVA's provided. TV series is what they need! thank you :P
Apr 6, 2013 1:19 AM

Feb 2013
Sweetness.
Apr 6, 2013 1:50 AM

Oct 2009
Good! A remade!
Wouldn't hurt for another tongue twister from Kotoha!
The most important things in life is the people that you care about
Apr 6, 2013 2:39 AM

Mar 2013
Awesome a remake. Can't wait :)
Signature removed.
Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines: http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=516059
Apr 6, 2013 6:29 AM

Jul 2009
I remember when at took at least a decade before a remake or reboot was even concieved, now the time span is four years? I like Yozakura Quartet and it did deserve a better show more faithful to the source material, but has the standards for quality sunken so bad that a new version of a TV show has to be ushered in to replace the memory of the previous one? Does a planet need Full Metal Alchemist and FMA Brotherhood to exist so soon? Or Neo Negima, or whatever it's called? Nothing is given time to sink in anymore and be digested, this is anime malnutrition! If this is the new logic, then where is the new Togainu No chi anime after THAT disaster? All I'm saying is "GET IT RIGHT THE FIRST TIME!!!"
Apr 6, 2013 9:11 PM

Jan 2013
I wonder how the OVAs will coincide with the new series and exactly how long it will last. Will they throw Hoshi no Uni and Tsuki no Naku in during the new series' broadcast? At least I hope that's the case so they aren't blowing money in the first place. As for the anime original content, FMA 2003 is a prime example of it being done well. Hell, I prefer FMA 2003 to all the other adaptations anyways. After reading parts of the Yozakura manga, I think some additional content can help shed some light on certain issues, expand on details and overall just add more entertainment and purpose to some of the existing content. The OVA and new TV series being announced side by side puzzles me still, but I'm extremely excited for more YQ. I love the great blend of slice of life, societal management and superpowered mix the series has going for it.
Apr 7, 2013 7:43 PM

Sep 2009
I have always been interested in this series for some reason. I hope this remake will become a proper definitive version (that's not the manga).
Apr 8, 2013 12:58 AM
Mar 2009
A remake in only five years?

The first adaptation must have suuuuuucked.
Apr 9, 2013 4:47 PM

Sep 2011
Colonelfancy said:
I remember when at took at least a decade before a remake or reboot was even concieved, now the time span is four years? I like Yozakura Quartet and it did deserve a better show more faithful to the source material, but has the standards for quality sunken so bad that a new version of a TV show has to be ushered in to replace the memory of the previous one? Does a planet need Full Metal Alchemist and FMA Brotherhood to exist so soon? Or Neo Negima, or whatever it's called? Nothing is given time to sink in anymore and be digested, this is anime malnutrition! If this is the new logic, then where is the new Togainu No chi anime after THAT disaster? All I'm saying is "GET IT RIGHT THE FIRST TIME!!!"

Kanon 2002 -> Kanon 2006 (4 years)

2008 -> 2013 (5 years)

Not exactly unusual. Also FMA Brotherhood is a bit of a special beastie. I mean the darn thing is 64 episodes long! You can't compare the work of FMA to anything else really.
Apr 21, 2013 2:21 AM

Dec 2012
Even surprised for it to actually get a remake. I really thought it would stay as it is although I must say, I'm glad there will be a remake. I mean, I really liked the anime, but that was when I haven't read the manga yet. After reading the manga, I really thought the anime needs to get a remake and follow the original one more though I also thought it would be impossible because it is not common for many anime to even get a season 2 so a remake is really really impossible. But then, this news cam out and so, I'm definitely gonna wait for this no matter how long. But it seems the remake will again have those "anime original" parts, hopefully it's much better.
Apr 25, 2013 5:36 AM

Jan 2013
Wow, I'm rather baffled by how the new adaption will go, ANN says it will be a reboot of the series with new elements incorporated, but when they were talking about Hoshi no Umi, they said that would be something of a reboot originally (the synopsis for Hoshi no Umi retains the statement I'm referring to) but with that being said, the subtitle for the new TV series is Hana no Uta (Song of Flowers) an arc which comes before Tsuki ni Naku and I don't know where it will adapt to so I'm a little worried. Ideally it should go without saying that I want Hana no Uta to start from the beginning with new content and adapts all the manga (and perhaps has a sequel or goes on hiatus for catchup).
Jul 22, 2013 3:00 AM

Sep 2012
Confirmed to air this fall

New key visual and arts available in the official anime site: http://yozakura-anime.jp/

symbvJul 22, 2013 3:15 AM
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Jul 27, 2013 1:21 AM

Dec 2011
Oh boy I'm excited for this. When I saw the OVA I was so impressed that I went and watched the one that came out in 2008.. oh boy was I sad ;__;
Jul 27, 2013 8:03 AM

Oct 2011
Interesting~
Aug 12, 2013 2:01 PM

Jan 2012
I like the old character design better.
Aug 29, 2013 8:31 AM
Mar 2012
Aug 29, 2013 3:39 PM

Aug 2013
Just digging my memory and still remember first Yozakura Quartet anime to be rather dull and generic, with pretty much forgettable characters and forgettable story (though the tsundere song is pretty memorable due to how hilarious it is), but the OADs which came out afterwards were awesome. I hope this reboot will do the manga justice since the manga is waaay better than the first anime
Aug 29, 2013 9:33 PM
Dec 2012
Im a litte bit confused. This remake will be a sequence of the ova? If not, is it worth to watch hoshi no ume?
Aug 29, 2013 11:17 PM

Sep 2012
^ The only question now is how much the sakuga will be kept at the high level shown in the PV.

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Aug 29, 2013 11:54 PM

Jan 2011
Luis_AP said:
Im a litte bit confused. This remake will be a sequence of the ova? If not, is it worth to watch hoshi no ume?

I'm guessing you meant "sequel". I don't read the manga so I don't know how they are related storywise but watching Hoshi no ume will definitely give you a understanding of how the characters will be and the animation style (going by what I saw in the PV above.)
[center]
Sep 11, 2013 11:22 AM

Oct 2011
MAN_Drake said:
Homestuck said:
Should one skip the older one and just go for this or watch em both?
The old one was trash, homie. Don't bother with it

No it wasn't. I thought this anime original ending was actually pretty good.
Since the manga is average, it's too bad they didn't use some bits in the anime that were really great. It would of elevated the manga.

Now.. I thought the OVA was absolute crap. The story was there but it looked like it was drawn by 5 year olds. They butchered them so bad.

I hope this remake follows the manga really wel;, though I'm skeptical about this 3rd new "art style" they're gonna be using. I think the original had fantastic animation.
LuxtressSep 11, 2013 11:25 AM
Sep 23, 2013 12:14 AM

Sep 2012
VioLink said:
Full OP
No way it is a "full" OP ! :-)
symbvSep 23, 2013 12:28 AM

Sep 23, 2013 12:17 AM

Jan 2011
Yeah sorry I deleted my comment once I realized they just ripped the audio from the PV hahaha.
[center]
Sep 23, 2013 5:22 PM
Sep 2013
Tatsunoko seems to be making quite a bit of anime again. Or had they always been doing this and I just never noticed? Anyways, character design by the guy who did Durarara and the Devil Survivor series.
Sep 27, 2013 11:52 AM
Mar 2012
Looks like this one is 13 episodes:

6 volumes with the 6th BD being more expensive than the other 5.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» 'Yuri!!! on Ice: Ice Adolescence' Anime Movie Cancels Production ( 1 2 )

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

70 by dodoxdo97 »»
4 hours ago

» TAAF 2024 Anime of the Year Winners Announced

Snow - Today

3 by Maumuu »»
7 hours ago

» Manga 'Dungeon Meshi' Gets TV Anime ( 1 2 )

DatRandomDude - Aug 9, 2022

53 by Dark_Reunion007 »»
11 hours ago

» 'Wind Breaker' Announces Additional Cast

Hyperion_PS - Yesterday

4 by Memore »»
Yesterday, 11:26 PM

» Manga 'Ane Naru Mono' Gets OVA Adaptation

Vindstot - Jan 5, 2020

28 by lucio54 »»
Yesterday, 10:11 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.