MyAnimeList.net

Anime Information
Forums

Recent Posts | My Watched Topics | My Ignored Topics | Search

Hataraku Maou-sama! Episode 1 Discussion
MyAnimeList.net Forum »» Anime Discussion »» Series Discussion »» Hataraku Maou-sama! »» Hataraku Maou-sama! Episode 1 Discussion

Pages (21) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
View Poll Results: Hataraku Maou-sama! Episode 1 Discussion
5 out of 5: Loved it!

582 79.84%
4 out of 5: Liked it

117 16.05%
3 out of 5: It was OK

27 3.70%
2 out of 5: Disliked it

2 0.27%
1 out of 5: Hated it

1 0.14%
Voters: 729

04-04-13, 6:27 AM

THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Lol, I noticed the "serious atmosphere" but found the whole episode to be amusing. I'm kinda surprised they introduced one of the characters a bit earlier than I thought though as she was supposed to just appear around chapter 6 from the manga.

Well, the episode also reminded me a bit of Maoyu with two of the main characters. Oh and this character is funny to watch in the episode imo:

Overall, I enjoyed this episode. Lol @ the priceless face of Sadao at the end. Priceless.

04-04-13, 6:29 AM

The first 3 mins was tense. But alas then it turned into a comedy.

It seems it's currently a trend to feature Maou and Yuusha in anime. Wonder which Maou will win popularity-wise.

04-04-13, 7:20 AM

An introductory episode. I expect to see more about reality of doing part-time job and contract work in later episodes (of course in a sort of comedy setting).
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.

04-04-13, 8:48 AM

This is amazing interesting.I never expected something like this would come from Dengeki comic ..

04-04-13, 12:38 PM

LOL. I didn't understand any of their language but it was win!

04-04-13, 2:16 PM

wow it was as great as I expected. it was hilarious

04-04-13, 2:30 PM

OMG I love it!! Much funnier than I thought! The animation is really good, and at first I didn't like the character designs too much, but when I got to see them in action they felt actually just right!

Also, I think it's a very nice touch to have them start off speaking another language. It gives off a nice "other world" feel, and it provided a few good laughs, too!

04-04-13, 5:26 PM

Very funny, my smirk didn't fade until the episode ended. The way they threw random words of other actual languages into their made up language was very funny, especially if you understand Japanese (how foreign words are transliterated/pronounced in a syllabary language).
Liked the bit when the police walked up to them and thought they were just some foreigners...
Animation is splendid as expected of WHITE FOX (reminds me of the Rewrite OP).
この妖怪め…何度背後に立とうが俺はこの川原から立ち退くつもりはない。逆に俺が貴様を追い払…なにその顔? 
ああ…前回失礼な事して、俺に睨まれたモンだから気に病んでるのか?心配御無用。男子高校生は傷つけられるのは慣れっこッス

Trying to comprehend the existence of Hercules-Corona Borealis Great Wall...

04-04-13, 6:24 PM

Liked the seriousness in the beginning, then became comedy when they came to earth.

Looking good so far.

04-04-13, 6:38 PM

I really liked how the episode started out very serious and intense with all the demon generals attacking the islands but ended up being a hilarious comedy. The fights in the beginning were amazing though; White Fox's animation never disappoints. I laughed so hard at the demon's language; it's pretty much gibberish. xD So now Maou works at MgRonald LOL! I liked how an earthquake occurred and the characters weren't even worried. So the the red-haired chick is Emilia the hero that attacked Maou! Oh man I'm looking forward to more episodes. :D
Also while watching the episode I kept thinking about Maoyu X Chuunibyou. xD

04-04-13, 6:50 PM

The hell? i was hella pump for the first five min, then it went down the drain. how do you go from Dark Lord to filping burger? that hella random, all that action to everyday joe. made for a good laugh tho, so i might stick around.

Like me try magic......... Taxi!!!!!!!!!!! random.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

04-04-13, 6:56 PM

Lmao Alsiel: "It spoke?"

04-04-13, 6:57 PM

I actually found this anime quite appetizing. The first half of the episode was awesome. I'm a huge action/comedy kind of person. The whole thing is right up my alley in a way.

Anyone that loves comedy anime, give it a try. Lots of good laughs in the first episode, not to mention a plot twist right at the end.

04-04-13, 7:01 PM

That was good. I enjoyed this series can't wait til the next episode.

So much good this season around and so much more to come~

04-04-13, 7:02 PM

I like the anime it looks like it's going to be good BUT I kinda wished the anime was fully based on how it was in the beginning because it was really badass and so was the animation/music. Am I the only one that feels that way lol?
Modified by koolvid, 04-04-13, 7:13 PM
Kousaka Kirino is full of win

04-04-13, 7:04 PM

One of the better premieres for a comedy I've seen in a while. The writing was snappy and the characters play off of each other well. Hope the source is able to keep the laughs up for the rest of the show.

It was pretty amusing trying to see a Demon King adjusting to Earth in the first half with his refined demeanor only to be crass and a little on the goofy side in the second half. Hard to believe that's the same character.
Modified by HybridMBL, 04-04-13, 7:11 PM

04-04-13, 7:07 PM

Wow, my surprise of the season came early this time around. Then again, Kotoura-san... maybe I'll reserve judgement on that position for now.

Still, great first episode.

04-04-13, 7:10 PM

Great first episode! I loved the way they adapted it into an anime c:

The first few minutes were filled with action packed scenes of epic proportion and then it spiraled into a hilarious comedy :D

I will surely be looking forward to watching this every week

04-04-13, 7:10 PM

Hmm, not bad, more interesting than i thought. I'll read the first few volumes of the light novel

04-04-13, 7:13 PM

this is hilariously funny, their unknown language lots of fuck words in there :D .. their ignorance is funny,,definitely love this series.. :)

Pages (21) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Help     FAQ     About     Contact     Terms     Privacy     AdChoices