Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Nodame Cantabile
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Feb 7, 2010 11:23 PM

Dec 2009
hmmm... ep. 10 seemed more climactic than ep. 11
apparently, musical ambition is more important than romance... chiaki would approve.
Feb 20, 2010 3:12 PM
Aug 2009
This is really nice ending ^^ and all series are very good, and I love Chiaki and Nodame, I want to see more :)

And music here is just awesome, I can't stop listen it ^^
Feb 25, 2010 8:57 AM

Oct 2009
An alright ending, but really, they've been in europe for over a year, and Chiaki STILL hasn't met up with Viera-sensei?? I originally thought it would happen near the beginning :(

Also, i'm confused at how good Nodame actually is on the piano.
Chiaki and all her instructors seem very impressed and when she actually plays in public she gets a great reception, but is this all some 'special quality' she has?
Does she compare at all to Chiaki, or that young dude who she knew from the competition in series one? - I always assumed that they didn't award a first place because they wanted to give it to her (and couldn't because she went all crazy), but now i'm thinking maybe I misunderstood and it's just normal to skip rankings when judging a music competition? I dunno.

I liked this series, but no where near as much as the last. 7/10?
It was nice seeing Chiaki becoming alot more used to Nodame or something though, but a teeny-bit more development would have made me happier :P Probably only 'cus the kiss happened last episode, so i'm just missing it.

EDIT: Oh and after reading through some of the other comments, I agree, I also prefered episode 10 to 11.
hallioeFeb 25, 2010 9:14 AM
Mar 19, 2010 3:12 AM

Feb 2008
hallioe said:
An alright ending, but really, they've been in europe for over a year, and Chiaki STILL hasn't met up with Viera-sensei?? I originally thought it would happen near the beginning :(

Also, i'm confused at how good Nodame actually is on the piano.
Chiaki and all her instructors seem very impressed and when she actually plays in public she gets a great reception, but is this all some 'special quality' she has?
Does she compare at all to Chiaki, or that young dude who she knew from the competition in series one? - I always assumed that they didn't award a first place because they wanted to give it to her (and couldn't because she went all crazy), but now i'm thinking maybe I misunderstood and it's just normal to skip rankings when judging a music competition? I dunno.

she has a talent for expressing the emotion or image of a piece, but she lacks Chiaki's technical skill and tends to vary more from the music than is generally considered exceptable. Harrison-Sensei was mostly working with her on the technical problems, Auclair is mostly focusing on the interpretation, and getting her to express the emotions/images that the original composer intended when they wrote the piece while still maintaining her own unique style.
May 7, 2010 2:17 PM

Jul 2009
Brilliant ending to a brilliant sequel.

Now off to watch season 3~
May 7, 2010 7:04 PM
Sep 2007
That was wonderful, it was great to see the reaction on their faces as they received such an enthusiastic applause for once. Though, the situation with Rui felt it a little open-ended.. Her reappearance was rather sudden, but after hearing Nodame's performance in the courtyard, I suppose that gave her the push she needed.
May 26, 2010 12:34 PM

Jul 2009
Still enjoyable to watch. But maybe because this anime only has 11 episodes, sometimes i felt the plot a little bit rush.
Jun 2, 2010 3:29 AM

Nov 2008
I finish it in one sitting...

Cool very good ending..
Jun 28, 2010 4:03 PM

Dec 2009
Nephtys said:
Still enjoyable to watch. But maybe because this anime only has 11 episodes, sometimes i felt the plot a little bit rush.

Yeah it was quick and felt a bit rushed. Not enough music like others have said and I think the comedy seemed to have nearly faded away. I preferred the first season but then again the first season had more then double the episodes to fill. The ending was one of the better episodes but certainly not the best. I look forward to season 3 and leave this with a score of a 7, one less then what I rated the first season.
Such junk...
Jul 9, 2010 10:08 AM

Jul 2008
Nowhere near as good as the first season. One of the things that ticked me off was the CG. The CG is terrible and useless. Talk about a waste of a budget. There is no reason for CG to be there everytime a recital was going on. Still a lot better than most of the stuff out there.
Aug 5, 2010 3:07 AM

Nov 2009
Aug 5, 2010 1:13 PM

Dec 2008
I didn't think the last episode was strong enough. It was deffinitly missing something. If there wasn't a third season I would be so pissed right now. ;p

Overall, I gave this season a 7/10

Oct 27, 2010 10:40 PM

Jun 2009
I found this season to be better than the first, because it did a great job of developing Nodame and Chiaki's relationship. The humor was toned down, which I think was the right decision. Focusing more on the growth of the two leads added depth to the series, that isn't exactly common in anime and was missing imo in the first series.

Also, Nodame matured so much during this series without changing the core of her character. Chiaki was actually likable, you can tell that Nodame has definitely changed him for the better. Her likewise.

Great series, 9/10
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Nov 27, 2010 4:41 PM

Jan 2008
Ep 10 was the real ending, this seemed more like a launchpad for season 3 but a good way to end a fine season. Not as good as the first season but that's probably due to it being only 11 eps. 8/10
Feb 6, 2011 3:42 PM

Jun 2009
The ending did everything it could to wrap up things nicely. The final episode wasn’t as good as episode 10 was, which is a shame.

All in all, Paris Chapter was a great season for deepening and showing the progress of Nodame and Chiaki’s relationship, but the rushed execution made it seem just a little forced since skipped a lot of music performances and character development. I enjoy it all the same, although, if it were longer I would’ve savored the season for all it is worth.

It didn’t impact me as much as the first season, but it was truly engaging. For me, a solid 8/10.
I think, then procrastinate.
Therefore, I am.
Feb 10, 2011 6:24 PM

Feb 2009
Nice ending to a great season. I actually liked it more than the first. Some parts seemed rushed, I agree, but it was still just a great show. I wish it had been more episodes, but manly because I don't want it to be over already, not because of the pacing.

I loved the humour this season, I laughed a lot during the episodes. It seemed to fit Nodame's character a lot more in a way - I mean, the gags were not solely based on her faces and behaviour, but her weird personality rubbed off on the anime itself (I'm thinking about the forest of perverts here).

The atmosphere overall was such a happy one, giving a good feeling and making me smile. Honestly, each and every episode left me smiling, I don't think another anime has ever done that (except maybe Natsume Yuujinchou, but then it was often bittersweet with that anime). I'm glad I don't have to wait for the finale 8)

I think I'm going to pick up the manga too. Can't get enough!
Apr 21, 2011 11:12 PM

Dec 2009
Very good and a nice ending too.

Overall:8/10

Jun 30, 2011 7:47 PM

Aug 2010
The ending was nice but i agree with some here that it was more like an introduction of what is coming in 3rd season.

I give this season 9/10 it had a lot more romance than 1st season but still it lacked more of the music factor (its a 11 eps season can't really blame them) but the music scenes were 10X times better than 1st season.

Off to season 3 "the grand Finale" CAN'T WAIT!
Nov 29, 2011 4:11 AM

Sep 2011
This series always impresses me its so good... I really enjoyed this season. I'm glad Chiaki and Nodame had alot of development this season.
Dec 13, 2011 10:50 AM

Feb 2011
This series is very good and nice ending .
Jan 6, 2012 8:55 PM

Jan 2011
Great ending! Although the show became too animated (with the fight scenes,though I love the exaggerations....It's a comedy after all), I think it still was a great story!
This show just gave me the push I badly need right now...mentally....

10/10 for the season!
Feb 22, 2012 7:36 AM

Feb 2012
A good ending, the previous episode was better though. 10/10 for the season. I already gave 10 to the first season and I think the Paris Chapter was even better. There was less music perhaps, but the balance between comedy, romance and music was better. Also, the humour in general was more to my liking, with the exaggerations etc. For example, in the very first episode of the first series there was the scene with Nodame feeling like a princess whose hair was being dried whereas Chiaki felt more like a dog groomer. That was a scene I really liked and in the Paris Chapter there was more that kind of humour. Partly this is because the focus was more on the main characters, and the new side characters were better. The amusing supporting characters in the first season were a bit hit and miss (I'm talking about Masumi and von Stresemann).

In terms of the quality of music the series was still great, particularly Nodame's playing was sometimes brilliant. In the first series there were a few times when characters were awed by someone's playing when I didn't consider the performance particularly good.
Mar 17, 2012 7:54 PM

Jun 2011
lovely season <3
Oct 23, 2012 11:03 PM

Sep 2011
A lot better than the first season IN MY OPINION.
Mar 9, 2013 5:52 AM

Jul 2011
good ending, even though I miss Mine, Kiyora and Masumi.
講廢話,被撞到.
Mar 14, 2013 1:20 PM

Jul 2010
Nice episode for the ending, although it did feel somewhat "ordinary". The previous episode was more concluding, for me. At least the Marlet Orchestra straightened up now. ;)
Mar 17, 2013 3:47 PM

Oct 2012
OriginANIME said:
A lot better than the first season IN MY OPINION.

Agreed. It's at least as good. I want to see more than constant music too, I don't know why people keep complaining to this extent. We know how good they are at this point, and some episodes had a lot of music, like the castle episode. I want to see more of Chiaki and Nodame going on dates and stuff, so I thought it was great.

Good thing I started late, I can watch the next one now lol
May 4, 2013 10:17 AM

Apr 2013
This was a good season. I really enjoyed it because Nodame and Chiaki's relationship had a good development in this season.

I hope the the final season will have a good and fitting end for this great story.

My score 9/10
May 17, 2013 9:48 PM

Jan 2013
8/10 A solid season. Though, nothing too unexpected happened.
May 26, 2013 11:14 AM

Feb 2013
What a great ending :) looking forward to watching season 3 now :)
~If only sorrow could build a staircase, our tears could show the way.
I would climb my way to heaven, and bring him back home again.~

Jun 20, 2013 9:52 AM

May 2012
Pretty good and ongoing part I'm very curious what will happen in the last season! This season sure was nice as well and at least some decent romance development so that's a huge plus for both the characters, although I really disliked the French setting and the side characters weren't all too good imo but well in the end it was interesting on its own way! So lets see what'll happen next!
Jun 23, 2013 4:05 AM

Jun 2013
in the end.. chiaki had a great success with marlet-roux orchestra.
i lack on english but, i want to speak!
Jun 28, 2013 1:04 AM

May 2010
Great ending.. Their performance gave me goosebumps..

This season focused well on character developments esp. between Chiaki and Nodame. Really appreciated it.. As to the music, despite shorter compared to the 1st season, still really liked it..
And the ED really grow on me..

Next is the special and the sequel!! :D
Sep 7, 2013 8:28 AM

May 2010
Tanya is such a tsundere, totally loving her and Kuroki. I think, at this rate; if it recieves more moments, it will become as much of a OTP as Chiaki x Nodame.

I really wish Nodame learns cooking somehow...

Great performance, you did it chiaki! A big yes for Tanya x Kuroki, the best part of this arc for me along with NodaChia Kisses! Hope they get married in next season. I might like Tanya even more than Chiaki. Such a touchy ending! I want more Nodame success in next season as well.
Feb 22, 2014 1:31 PM

Aug 2009
That episode made me cry some tears of joy!!!!

Chiaki was absolutely brilliant and the performance was so touching! I'm glad we got to see them both grow this season, too!!!!

A really enjoyable season!!!! ♥
Apr 5, 2014 2:51 PM

Dec 2013
Dat weird ending. I wonder how dealt back then with it
Apr 10, 2014 1:53 PM

Aug 2013
And so end the second season. Was really a beautiful ride full of new interresting characters.

Chiaki succeeded to make a great concert even though he is hated... I wonder if it will backfire at him later.

That prestation was pretty neat. Liked the harmony.

Never thought he would become friendly with the first violin... o_O

They are such a cute couple Nodame and him :3
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Apr 19, 2014 3:34 AM

Aug 2013
Hmm so I guess the members who suddenly quit were actually the problem members and the strict concertmaster was actually the one being professional. Nice to see him and Chiaki finally getting along. Now they're on the road to revive the orchestra to its former glory.

8/10. I actually like the humor from the first season. I miss Masumi-chan XD
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Aug 5, 2014 1:46 AM

May 2013
It was a great episode but it didn't feel conclusive. I know that there's more material but this ending didn't have as much impact as the 1st season's.

This season was good but the pacing at times were a bit too fast and there wasn't nearly enough music in this one. Good season but definitely not as good as the 1st season. It probably could've with the same amount of episodes though.
Sep 17, 2014 10:28 PM

Mar 2012
Loved how the concertmaster and chiaki are finally getting along xD

It was a good season but definitely not as good as the first imo. Loved the comedy (Milch ftw), characters and the OP & ED in S1 more than this one. Though it felt like towards the end the series was getting back in its groove so looking forward to checking out S3.
Nov 21, 2014 11:26 AM

Oct 2014
Wahahaaa this was beautiful!!! TuT
Dec 2, 2014 1:57 PM

Jun 2009
of course chiaki fixes the orchestra, it's what he does.

only one more season left :(
Feb 3, 2015 1:32 PM

Aug 2009
Good season! watched it so quickly. I will miss the OP and ED. Especially the ending, it's kind of addicting at this point, I've been humming the tune for a day now. The other characters grew on me as well. Such a wonderful journey, I want their romance to develop further with the next season, and of course more beautiful music to boot.

Apr 9, 2015 10:15 AM

Aug 2014
Nice ending.

Final season, I'm coooomiiing...
Oct 23, 2015 12:22 PM

Sep 2015
Another lovely ending!!!
On my way into final season now :(
Dec 11, 2015 6:59 AM
May 2012
Chiaki the orchestra fixer ahahaha.
Well, this is a nice watch too. I hope that we will still see these characters in the next season. Time to watch it~
Jan 3, 2016 4:22 AM
Mar 2015
Loved it. Time to watch the next season.
Mar 2, 2016 1:23 PM

May 2009
Wow can't get enough of this anime!
On to the last season~
check out my twitch: https://twitch.tv/slowy
Nov 16, 2016 3:58 AM

Jul 2008
I give it a solid 7/10.

Not as crazy as the first season but still solid.

I am going to miss all those MUKYOOOOOO!!!!!!'s though. Nodame is awesome.
Jan 15, 2017 11:27 PM

Jan 2014
Chiaki is always given the sucky orchestras and fixes them. haha

I absolutely love this anime and I will be sad to start on the last season knowing it's the last one I'll watch. :(
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Nodame Cantabile Paris Chapter Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Vin-nii - Nov 7, 2008

117 by LostSpectre »»
Apr 11, 3:03 AM

Poll: » Nodame Cantabile Paris Chapter Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

kneekey - Nov 23, 2008

69 by WaterBottleWeeb »»
Mar 10, 6:33 PM

Poll: » Nodame Cantabile Paris Chapter Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

nehnehneji - Oct 26, 2008

65 by bucciest »»
Jan 1, 6:02 PM

Poll: » Nodame Cantabile Paris Chapter Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Jojo-kun - Dec 2, 2008

65 by Euroqean »»
Jun 12, 2023 5:09 PM

» The English Dub? Is it coming?

APGamerZ - Oct 4, 2010

3 by aku_mado »»
Dec 17, 2021 5:34 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.