Forum Settings
Forums

Light Novel 'Kyoukai no Kanata' to be Animated

New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Apr 3, 2013 5:43 AM

Dec 2011
No question about it - I'm giving this one a shot.
There is no such thing as shit taste. Only idiots who think everyone should have the same taste as they do.
Apr 3, 2013 5:49 AM

Feb 2013
look intresting,, a new anime from kyoto animation..
Apr 3, 2013 5:52 AM
Sep 2012
Its not long since I´ve seen the CM and I thought it would defifinitely do as a Anime so I´m pretty happy now.
Apr 3, 2013 5:54 AM

Sep 2011
Amarrez said:
Can't wait for some delusional people to think that the Swimming CM might get expanded into a proper series because of this.

Already started.

Vylash said:
you can fight it all you want, but our swimming overlords are coming, it's only a matter of time

No one's fighting it really, it's just that the probability of it becoming an anime is next to zero. this anime is based off of a light novel, not a "CM".
Apr 3, 2013 5:55 AM

Sep 2010
This looks awesome.....
Apr 3, 2013 5:56 AM

Jul 2012
I watched this CM not too long ago and thought, "God damn it KyoAni, you're making something boring and unoriginal like Tamako Market but not something interesting like this..!?"

Looks like I'm wrong.

Either way, I'm glad it's this and not swimming anime. Actually, I'd prefer a season two of Tamako (which probably will never happen) over swimming anime.
Apr 3, 2013 5:56 AM

Apr 2010
Eh, doesn't really look too interesting. I'd rather have a Chuunibyou 2.

Apr 3, 2013 5:58 AM

Nov 2011
Finally we can call this an anime during the 8 times a day that people ask what that video is in the "what's that anime?" thread.
Apr 3, 2013 6:03 AM

May 2010
Wow, KyoAni is making anime without K-On! moe girls clones?! I won't believe it until I see it :O Well, I'm in anyway, everything by KyoAni is worth checking out <3
Apr 3, 2013 6:04 AM

Feb 2012
Awesome, I've been waiting for it.
Apr 3, 2013 6:06 AM

Dec 2010
Sigh.
I'm wary about KyoAni, but I may give it a peek.
I just hope the writing is as good as the animation looks.
Apr 3, 2013 6:17 AM

Oct 2010
Aw nice. I've seen this CM so many times in the past year or so.
Apr 3, 2013 6:18 AM

Sep 2012
Kitsu-nee said:
Wow, KyoAni is making anime without K-On! moe girls clones?! I won't believe it until I see it :O
And you see all the girls in KyoAni shows after K-On! as clones of girls in K-ON? I wonder what you have been watching....
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Apr 3, 2013 6:24 AM

Dec 2011
Yes yes good!
Apr 3, 2013 6:27 AM

Oct 2011
symbv said:
Kitsu-nee said:
Wow, KyoAni is making anime without K-On! moe girls clones?! I won't believe it until I see it :O
And you see all the girls in KyoAni shows after K-On! as clones of girls in K-ON? I wonder what you have been watching....

In. terms of character design there is something clone-ish in their series.

Soooo KyoAni making another series that would try to move outside of "moeblobs" area.
it didn't go too well with Tamako so wonder how fans in Japan will react to this. There are some reactions?

PS. If this one would fall than swimming series is not that impossible :)
Apr 3, 2013 6:28 AM

Jan 2013
KyoAni huh?
Yes! Can't wait :3 ;3 :3
Apr 3, 2013 6:29 AM

Mar 2010
Perhaps the first anime by KyoAni that won't bore me to death? I'm so in. This look like it has lots of potential. I really hope it won't turn into a school life SoL with one episode worth of action.
Apr 3, 2013 6:31 AM

Apr 2010
Dalek-baka said:
symbv said:
Kitsu-nee said:

Soooo KyoAni making another series that would try to move outside of "moeblobs" area.
it didn't go too well with Tamako so wonder how fans in Japan will react to this. There are some reactions?

Well, the reaction isn't too positive on Yaraon, which is a very otaku oriented site.

http://yaraon.blog109.fc2.com/blog-entry-15468.html

Apr 3, 2013 6:34 AM

Apr 2011
The animation is very good and the story quite interesting.
I will give it a shot.
Apr 3, 2013 6:37 AM

Sep 2012
Dalek-baka said:
symbv said:
Kitsu-nee said:

That's precisely my point. If you just say "K-On moe girls clones" without specifying more you are talking not just the character designs but also personality, behavior, talking style, their interaction with other characters or the surrounding. This is what you'd call "clone", just looking similar in character design does not a "clone" make. Besides, even just the character design, where is the K-On clone in Nichijou?

RyanSaotome said:
Well, the reaction isn't too positive on Yaraon, which is a very otaku oriented site.
People who infest the Yaraon comment section is notorious for their hostility to KyoAni (among a bunch of things). Other otaku sites I check is more neutral in their feedback.
symbvApr 3, 2013 6:42 AM

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Apr 3, 2013 6:40 AM

Mar 2011
liked the cm when it was released. definitely waiting for this.

Apr 3, 2013 6:43 AM
Jun 2009
Oh YES :> The PV was awesome. :>
Apr 3, 2013 6:55 AM

Mar 2013
symbv said:

Summary of the novel:
The story is about a high school student named Akihito Kanbara, who was born between human and Youmu. One day he meets a young girl named Mirai Kuriyama on the roof top of the school as she seemed to be about to jump from there. Mirai is unique among members of the spirit world in having a "blood" ability and she has been fighting all by herself. Akihito sees a lot in common about himself in her, and he decides to help her. However, around them unsettling events start to develop...

Fix'd. A synopsis would include spoilers and fully detail every partition of the novel in full.

Edit: I'm looking forward to this, seems like it'll be quite interesting.
Apr 3, 2013 6:57 AM

Jul 2011
RyanSaotome said:

I keep seeing the word ホモ水泳 (Homo swimming) lol.

Anyway, i've seen the PV some time ago and was quite impressed with it. The synopsis sound interesting too, definitely going to watch.
Apr 3, 2013 7:05 AM

Sep 2012
Senshoryuu said:
Fix'd. A synopsis would include spoilers and fully detail every partition of the novel in full.
I don't see synopsis necessarily need "fully detail every partition of the novel in full". As I understand, synopsis is a longer version of a summary. Come to think of it, I think neither word is the most suitable. What I translated from Japanese text is actually the blurb of the novel. So I think I'd just use "blurb" instead.

Apr 3, 2013 7:06 AM

Oct 2007
While the idea of a Bakemonogatari type series doesn't exactly fill me with anticipation (I absolutely loathe that franchise and find it totally unwatchable) the similarities are superficial at best so that's not an immediate turn off to giving this a shot. It also remains to be seen if anything changes with how the show looks between now and that 30 second commercial they did. Somehow I doubt it retains entirely the same look, but it'd be interesting if it did as it'd be a wild departure in visual style from what has been seen from Kyoani since the likes of the Haruhi film. Going by the Chuunibyou model I'd predict a 12 episode series to start.

In any case it's interesting to see how rational expectations are here so far and how the news is being greeted. When I first heard this announcement I expected lots of squeeing in the thread and instant AOTY type declarations but so far it's pretty normal and honestly not to dissimilar to how I reacted to the news aside from more talk about that swimming anime commercial.
Apr 3, 2013 7:14 AM

Jun 2011
Ohhhhhh, I was really interested in this when I saw the CM last year, but then I totally forgot about it XD
so KyoAni will be animating it?
Apr 3, 2013 7:14 AM

Sep 2012
Kaioshin_Sama said:
While the idea of a Bakemonogatari type series doesn't exactly fill me with anticipation (I absolutely loathe that franchise and find it totally unwatchable) the similarities are superficial at best so that's not an immediate turn off to giving this a shot.
To be honest, I don't see how this is similar to Bakemonogatari except a guy bumping into a girl with some involvement from a spirit world (by the way, I absolutely love that franchise and I even credit it, together with a few other anime, for renewing my interest in anime after a long nadir). The girl did not bump into the supernatural but actually an excelled fighter. It is not one guy surrounded by a bunch of girls - I checked its website and I find one guy and one girl to add to the main cast, and all 2 of them are fighters too.

Kaioshin_Sama said:
In any case it's interesting to see how rational expectations are here so far and how the news is being greeted. When I first heard this announcement I expected lots of squeeing in the thread and instant AOTY type declarations but so far it's pretty normal and honestly not to dissimilar to how I reacted to the news aside from more talk about that swimming anime commercial.
Time to grow out of your reflexive sentiment against KyoAni and its supporters. Don't let it haunt you at the expense of your better judgment.

Apr 3, 2013 7:21 AM

Oct 2007
symbv said:
Kaioshin_Sama said:
While the idea of a Bakemonogatari type series doesn't exactly fill me with anticipation (I absolutely loathe that franchise and find it totally unwatchable) the similarities are superficial at best so that's not an immediate turn off to giving this a shot.
To be honest, I don't see how this is similar to Bakemonogatari except a guy bumping into a girl with some involvement from a spirit world (by the way, I absolutely love that franchise and I even credit it, together with a few other anime, for renewing my interest in anime after a long nadir). The girl did not bump into the supernatural but actually an excelled fighter. It is not one guy surrounded by a bunch of girls - I checked its website and I find one guy and one girl to add to the main cast, and all 2 of them are fighters too.

Yeah like I said superficial at best. I think it's just wishful comparison making possibly based on some peoples inability to think of anything other than Shaft anime as it pertains to otaku stuff. *shrug*

The less said about Bakemonogatari by me now the better most likely as I found absolutely nothing to like whatsoever. Total 100% turnoff and we'll leave it at that.

Kaioshin_Sama said:
Time to grow out of your reflexive sentiment against KyoAni and its supporters. Don't let it haunt you at the expense of your better judgment.

I'm honestly all but ready to declare that era dead at this point and with good riddance. It's just kind of not happening that way anymore possibly do Kyoani's place in the industry normalizing and coming down to earth. The prospect of actually being able to have normal conversations with Kyoani fans (it's already started happening for months now) is something I never thought I'd get to see.
Apr 3, 2013 7:28 AM

Dec 2009
I'm confused.

Will this have cute girls doing cute things?
I have my own anime blog. It's called Anime Viking. Hope you'll you read it!

Apr 3, 2013 7:31 AM

Jan 2011
iLostReason said:
YEZ!.Finally KyoAni, finally! :D.Watched this CM so many times in 2012.

I know right? I hope it's good.
[center]
Apr 3, 2013 7:36 AM

Jun 2011
Oh woah, looks like KyoAni is making interesting anime again for once. Good for them!
Apr 3, 2013 7:45 AM

Jun 2010
I might like this like TMoHS from KyoAni. xD
LOL
Apr 3, 2013 7:46 AM

Jan 2011
Kaioshin_Sama said:

After Tamako Market I think most of us aren't to sure about hyping Kyoani anymore hahaha.
[center]
Apr 3, 2013 7:59 AM

May 2010
symbv said:
Dalek-baka said:
symbv said:
Kitsu-nee said:

That's precisely my point. If you just say "K-On moe girls clones" without specifying more you are talking not just the character designs but also personality, behavior, talking style, their interaction with other characters or the surrounding. This is what you'd call "clone", just looking similar in character design does not a "clone" make. Besides, even just the character design, where is the K-On clone in Nichijou?

Ah, I didn't want it to sound that harsh, it was just a joke, btw :P I love most of KyoAni anime, but you can't deny, that MOST of characters from their series after K-On! looks like they are all from the same anime-universe, or something. So far only Nichijou was different. And as much as i like girls' design (Chuunibyou ones were just fantastic), usually boys look too moe, I guess
Apr 3, 2013 8:07 AM

Sep 2012
Kaioshin_Sama said:
The less said about Bakemonogatari by me now the better most likely as I found absolutely nothing to like whatsoever. Total 100% turnoff and we'll leave it at that.
I guess our polar opposite (the word "polar" could not be more true here) views about this franchise perhaps explains our vastly different views about the anime being made today. Basically Bake opens my eyes to see what an anime can do in terms of animating a novel and it also opens my eyes to Light Novel as well (though in my view, Bake is more like a proper novel than light novel compared to what we see these days). Given how much anime has evolved since then under the influence of LN, I can see why I find anime these days appealing while you see less and less things you like.

Kaioshin_Sama said:
I'm honestly all but ready to declare that era dead at this point and with good riddance. It's just kind of not happening that way anymore possibly do Kyoani's place in the industry normalizing and coming down to earth. The prospect of actually being able to have normal conversations with Kyoani fans (it's already started happening for months now) is something I never thought I'd get to see.
I think you need to separate the KyoAni fans (and I guess most of the fans you happen to meet and hate are from overseas) and what KyoAni actually does. As I said earlier, KyoAni did not "come down to earth". If it looks like it it is only because those hyping fans make it look like it. And the idea that there are some diehard KyoAni fans who will buy anything KyoAni makes in blind faith is always a myth. KyoAni may get more talks and more hypes when they announce a show, which is all thanks to its past successes, but that does not mean their show will always get a large number of default buyers who ask no question about how good the show is. If you see one show you don't like and it sells well, the chance is more like a lot more people see things they love in the show that you didn't see, rather than they just buy it as their duty or under some blind faith.
symbvApr 3, 2013 8:12 AM

Apr 3, 2013 8:19 AM

Nov 2011
Another one huh? Hell ya.
Apr 3, 2013 8:20 AM

Jan 2010
Looks interesting enough.

I like the hipster glasses.
Ok™
Apr 3, 2013 8:41 AM

Aug 2011
KyoAni is completely dependent on source material for writing. God knows they can't write anything themselves. So it all depends on how shitty the LN is and how closely they follow it.
Apr 3, 2013 8:46 AM

Apr 2010
I think I'd be more interested if the main girl didn't look like a complete nerd without any attractive features. Maybe I'm shallow, but I still want to have good looking characters.. that will probably prevent me from watching this, even if the rest of the stuff looks solid.

Apr 3, 2013 8:50 AM

Mar 2008
Best news I've read in a long time! :D
Apr 3, 2013 8:51 AM

Aug 2009
Just a trailer and we still got an ass showing off.

Even if you are right....so what?
Apr 3, 2013 8:53 AM

Jan 2011
RyanSaotome said:
I think I'd be more interested if the main girl didn't look like a complete nerd without any attractive features. Maybe I'm shallow, but I still want to have good looking characters.. that will probably prevent me from watching this, even if the rest of the stuff looks solid.

Wait really?? I think these are the most attractive characters Kyoani has ever drawn! I mean they actually have noses that aren't dots this time.

Look at dem lips man.
[center]
Apr 3, 2013 8:54 AM

Apr 2010
The glasses are an absolute turn off, and big lips also are a turn off, and so are big noses

Basically, it focuses on a lot of the worst character designs there are.
RyanSaotomeApr 3, 2013 9:02 AM

Apr 3, 2013 8:55 AM

Aug 2009
RyanSaotome said:
The glasses is an absolute turn off, and big lips also are a turn off, and so are big noses

Basically, the character design focuses on a lot of the worst character designs there are.
I think it is very good.For me at least.
Apr 3, 2013 9:04 AM

Apr 2010
Well if you guys like her, thats cool. To me though, if a girl has glasses that kills the rest of the character design off the bat, so nothing can really save her design at that point. I generally avoid any show with a glasses girl as the main character.

Apr 3, 2013 9:06 AM

Aug 2009
RyanSaotome said:
Well if you guys like her, thats cool. To me though, if a girl has glasses that kills the rest of the character design off the bat, so nothing can really save her design at that point. I generally avoid any show with a glasses girl as the main character.
You..what are you saying...
Apr 3, 2013 9:07 AM
Aug 2011
Wow I never thought this would actually be animated. It's one of the CMs that peaked my interest.

RyanSaotome said:

Well that sucks for you.

Amarrez said:
Can't wait for some delusional people to think that the Swimming CM might get expanded into a proper series because of this.

Stop living in denial and just accept that the swimming gods are upon us.
standApr 3, 2013 9:14 AM
Apr 3, 2013 9:07 AM

Jan 2011
RyanSaotome said:

Is hime-cut girl more to your liking?
[center]
Apr 3, 2013 9:09 AM

Feb 2010
Yay for more KyoAni stuff that has nothing to do with Key. I hope it's good.

and lol @ 'Won't watch because of glasses.' I'm so glad I'll never be able to understand where that's coming from.
AlcoholicideApr 3, 2013 9:15 AM
I probably regret this post by now.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» 'Code Geass: Dakkan no Rozé' Announces Additional Cast

DatRandomDude - Apr 10

15 by RobertBobert »»
Today, 1:39 AM

» 'Fruits Basket' Creator Launches New Manga

Hyperion_PS - Sep 2, 2023

20 by KeyboardBunny »»
Yesterday, 8:04 AM

» 'Kijin Gentoushou' Reveals Main Cast, Staff, Teaser Promo, Summer 2024 Premiere

DatRandomDude - Feb 22

6 by JackAward »»
Apr 13, 1:07 PM

» Voice Actress Mutsumi Tamura Announces Marriage

Hyperion_PS - Apr 1

15 by CrackedYolk »»
Apr 12, 10:50 PM

» Spring 2024 Simulcast List [Update 4/10]

Snow - Apr 5

23 by infanf »»
Apr 12, 2:32 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.