MyAnimeList.net

Anime Information
Forums

Recent Posts | My Watched Topics | My Ignored Topics | Search

Magi The Labyrinth of Magic Season 2!
MyAnimeList.net Forum »» Anime Discussion »» Series Discussion »» Magi: The Kingdom of Magic »» Magi The Labyrinth of Magic Season 2!

Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
04-01-13, 2:41 PM

via the studio A-1 Pictures we learn the upcoming broadcast of the anime, Magi The Labyrinth of Magic Season 2!
This second season is planned for October 2013 in Japan. It will feature the arc Magnostadt.
what you think about !?

04-01-13, 5:30 PM

I've yet to watch the last episode due to a lack of subs, so the excitement for a second season is quite dependent on that. However, assuming the anime drifts back to the original plot, this is very exciting news and I'm really happy to see it animated!

04-01-13, 8:17 PM

They destroyed the anime with the episode 24 when they went in a complete random direction instead of following the great story of the manga. Not sure I want to care or see another season after that...

04-01-13, 8:19 PM

I haven't watch the last episode so i don't know how bad it is, but i didn't like episode 24 so bleh!! Anyways, even though the last two episodes are bad, im probably going to watch the second season

04-02-13, 12:09 AM

Well even with the different drift that was taken during the last few episodes, I must say I feel quite a bit more excited about this second season. Assuming they actually follow the story this time around anyways.

04-02-13, 12:31 AM

I hope that if it does follow the manga this time, we get to see the scene of Sinbad and Kougyoku fighting for fun with their djinn equips, because that would be beautifully animated and it's one of my favourite scenes (and ships).

04-02-13, 12:45 AM

lilstilinski said:
I hope that if it does follow the manga this time, we get to see the scene of Sinbad and Kougyoku fighting for fun with their djinn equips, because that would be beautifully animated and it's one of my favourite scenes (and ships).

I think to follow the manga at this point is way too late... but if they could truly pulls it back to the track I wouldn't mind that.

04-02-13, 2:52 AM

I cannot even begin to comprehend why they fucked up the first one so badly if they were already going to make a second one. Was there a specific reason for them to twist the story this much? ..I just, I give up. I'm not sure whether I'm glad or not about this news, as I'm happy to see my favourite characters again, but I'm sad knowing they will probably reduce it into shit. (Eventually I will be forced to read the manga either ways.. sigh)

04-02-13, 3:36 AM

They really did mess up the first part of magi by making Alibaba a freaking dark djinn. However, it still shared the same conclusion as the manga so it's not like it's completely different. I'll watch it to see a lot more of Yunan. ^^

04-02-13, 6:41 AM

/sigh the anime was quite a bit different from the manga, but that's a given.

I'm looking somewhat forward to this!!!

Although I hope it's not as much as a stuff-up than the first one...
"Hatred will never be erased.
The only thing you can do is erase the ones you hate."

04-02-13, 1:05 PM

wat

srsly WAT

04-02-13, 3:14 PM

I didn't read the manga to be honest, and maybe someone wants to know that the first season got odd at episode 23 EVEN for people who don't know the original plot. It was a bit like with SAO - suddenly something completely out of place happens and they drop their actual storytelling. Disturbing.

04-02-13, 7:26 PM

Okay let me point out first that my reply is going to have ANIME AND MANGA SPOILERS FOR MAGI. I REPEAT, SPOILERS BELOW.

Alright, I finally watched the final episode of Magi and I must say, while episodes 23 and 24 were indeed odd, episode 25 has fixed everything and this show definitely does seem salvageable.

Finally, if you watched the ending credits for this episode and you've read the manga, then you definitely saw some familiar faces who will obviously be making their appearances in the anime. This gives me hope that the show will go back onto the manga plot at least for the most part. So while it was weird that the anime sorta differed for a bit, I think in the end, everything is going to be okay, and a lot of people have really overreacted. Possibly due to a lack of noticing parallels with the manga, so hopefully this has helped some.
Modified by lilstilinski, 04-02-13, 9:46 PM

04-02-13, 7:55 PM

@lilstilinski
Use spoiler tags, just don't say spoilers below.

OT: Meh, I'll watch it, I just hope that it will be better than the last season, it was very boring.

04-02-13, 8:43 PM

*was greatly entertained by the first season, despite generally disliking Shounen titles*

Having not read the Manga, reading all of this is REALLY making me want to.

04-02-13, 9:39 PM

I Was Also Greatly Entertained By The First One So Hopefully This Comes

04-02-13, 10:41 PM

I hope they make this show longer..

04-03-13, 2:06 AM

Hope to see an adult @ grown up aladdin . LOL

04-03-13, 2:46 PM

I have only read a tiny bit of the manga. I really did like the anime despite the changes. The last two episodes were slightly crummy, but I'm very happy that they are making a next season. I did not want this to end up like Pandora Farts.

I wonder why people are upset about them making another season. You guys don't have to watch it. Maybe they are considering our complaints too. I see people complaining about Alibaba's character development a lot. I hope they might fix that a little bit. Let's give them a chance.

04-03-13, 2:51 PM

I would be lying to myself if I said I wasn't excited for another season. I think its well done.

Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Help     FAQ     About     Contact     Terms     Privacy     AdChoices