Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Chobits 20th Anniversary Edition
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Jun 14, 2013 1:01 PM
Jan 2013
This episode pissed me off.
There was a time were I hated anime. Now I love anime more than anything. When i started to actually watch anime I decided to keep note the order of them, now I am able to number them on this site. When I finish everything I have see I will be surprised to see my progress. My revolution started around a little over a year ago and is still going. May the future have just as good if not better anime as now.
Jul 1, 2013 10:41 PM
Bunnies ๐Ÿ“

Jan 2013
iWhat did I just watch. That was such an out of the blue twist, and honestly I dislike it. So now what, no teacher means no classes.

Sep 12, 2013 7:48 AM

Mar 2013
I feel like the only one who really doesn't have a problem with this.
90s J-rock was our aesthetic peak.
Oct 25, 2013 6:22 AM

May 2011
god damned felt like NTR. URGHH left a bad taste on my mouth...
"If you reject me, I'll blast a hole in you!" Kanzaki H. Aria
Just kidding.

Feb 15, 2014 6:54 AM

Apr 2013
Idk what the hell is going on here!!! :S

At least Chii's dress was very cute in this episode :)
Mar 10, 2014 6:53 PM

Sep 2013
So Hideki gets the robot while shinbo gets the hot teacher?

OK, I'm completely and utterly pissed right now.
"I have been wielding a blade since before your were swimming around your father's scrotum." - Kurou
Apr 24, 2014 9:50 AM

Feb 2014
WTF, what a creep taking advantage of the situation. I really dislike shinbo now.
eXtacy67Apr 24, 2014 9:55 AM
Jun 2, 2014 3:51 PM

Apr 2012
wtf not going be a moral fag about teacher x student relationship but that felt really forced and out of no where. I wish they would just put back the focus on Chi -_-.

Shinbo use to be a cool dude but not so sure now ........ lol

Sep 4, 2014 5:49 AM

Nov 2011
There we go.

StormViruz said:
Where did that Shinbo X Sensei came from?? O.o

Anyway, the 1st half was made me laugh..

In the game episode (previous ep), his avatar/sprite looked like Shimizu. I think that was enough. Though it MAY have been hinted at earlier episode, just that I didn't notice.
zetsu_shorenSep 4, 2014 5:56 AM
Sep 20, 2014 5:04 PM

Sep 2013
Gotta hate these silly, forced shockers. But I saw that coming. Hideki is not the kind of guy that'll get the hot girl. Hes doomed to end up alone with Chi. Sad, but makes sense when you think of the kind of "looser" he is :C
Mar 7, 2015 10:26 AM
Jun 2013
Well that escalated quickly...
Jan 8, 2016 3:22 AM

Jul 2013
Comes out of nowhere, the series turns 180, it doesn't fit with the rest of the previous episodes, putting in too much drama can be either bad or good, but let's see some more episodes to see where it will go.
Mar 13, 2016 4:25 AM

Mar 2010
I don't get why so many people here rage about this. It's not like Shimizu was close to Hideki, he just found her hot (like pretty much every decently-drawn female in the series). They didn't interact aside from the class at all if you don't count that one beach episode (and that was fairly random, too).
Anyway, it was better than the last episode. I bet her marriage is falling apart because her husband fell in love with a persocom. That's the only reason I can imagine behind her asking those strange questions along the lines of: "Are persocoms more fun than humans?" etc. She's probably having an affair with Shinbo in order to make the pain go away etc.
Jun 25, 2016 7:34 PM

Jun 2013
Ishikatsu said:
I don't get why so many people here rage about this. It's not like Shimizu was close to Hideki, he just found her hot (like pretty much every decently-drawn female in the series). They didn't interact aside from the class at all if you don't count that one beach episode (and that was fairly random, too).
Anyway, it was better than the last episode. I bet her marriage is falling apart because her husband fell in love with a persocom. That's the only reason I can imagine behind her asking those strange questions along the lines of: "Are persocoms more fun than humans?" etc. She's probably having an affair with Shinbo in order to make the pain go away etc.

she shouldve stayed at shinbo's room in the first place if she was to have an affair with him. it was heavy for motosuwa seeing shimizu and shinbo together after he told her she could rely on him. people are mad cause she moved on to shinbo right after what happened last night when she stayed at motosuwa's, but its more than just 'staying the night' for motosuwa. he probably felt special that she chose his place to stay the night instead of someone else's or a hotel, hence why he was heartbroken at the end of the episode. but i guess this is an example of nice guys finishing last, motosuwa was just another good guy that was taken advantage of
Aug 23, 2016 3:00 AM

May 2016
..I really expected Motosuwa to wake up at the end of the episode, that it all would turn out to be a dream, but it didn't...
I like bad endings

Oct 7, 2016 11:26 AM

Sep 2012
I don't know why people are so worked up about Teacher x Student. I am pretty sure it was every guys dream to get with their hot teacher.

Anyway, what an interesting episode. I did not expect this at all.
Mar 30, 2017 6:40 AM

Jul 2014
Shinbo x Takako? WTF
SkyLETVMar 30, 2017 6:52 AM
Apr 2, 2017 4:31 PM
Aug 2016
nani kore....waa better if this not screened unneeded
Jul 17, 2017 1:00 AM

Jul 2017
SHINBO IS MY HERO!
Feb 22, 2018 11:47 AM

Jul 2017
EDIT: Seems FuniNow have missed an episode?

EDIT 2: Checked the episode list. They've cut both recap episodes.

OK nothing to see hear, move along!
D1tchd1ggerFeb 22, 2018 12:28 PM
Nov 24, 2018 2:35 PM

Oct 2018
Shinbo's a regular Romeo, romancing his teacher, what a sly cat he is! Hideki had no clue, but when does he ever I guess lol
Apr 8, 2019 4:50 PM

Feb 2019
I do love a good bit of drama :)
I am not a weeb, I simply enjoy 2D girls
Jun 19, 2019 3:59 AM
Jul 2018
somehow this end episode pissed me off really, i don't know how to say it accurately but it was kinda a treat to pour some spicy things to the row of bland fillers from the episodes before this one, i wanted to like Chobits really.
Nov 16, 2019 6:31 PM

Nov 2016
So much teasing:S

But holy fuck, I didn't see that coming at all.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Sep 14, 2020 5:49 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Wtf this is not cool at all :( worst ep so far I don't want to see Student x Teacher romance like that, especially when it's not about MC
Dec 16, 2020 1:05 PM

Jun 2020
Why's everyone raging about the teacher going with Shinbo as if Motosua was somehow entitled to him just because she told him he was a nice
guy? All she did was go to a friend's house, get pissed and talk about her problems in her underpants. I don't know about you, but in my book, nothing that happened implied any sort of exclusivity.

There was a potential for romance or at the very least some rumpy pumpy, but Hideki willingly placed her in the friend zone. He's shown no interest in her before aside from the usual teenage lust.

Heck, even Motosua himself doesn't seem all that bothered by it.

If Shinbo was dating Yumi, I could understand raging over that!
Old is Gold

"Look, look, we can do spinning shots without wasting our entire budget"
"Did you see? Look, it's all smooth and everything !"
"You're not looking, please, it's SO AWESOME LOOK AT HOW SPINNY IT IS!!!!"

- All anime animators since the invention of CGI.
Jan 30, 2021 8:27 PM
Sep 2016
After the final episode, this one is the most discussed here on MAL.
Also the most controversial it seems.

You people need to chill !
Since when are you the prude police?

I've watched the episode and it was fine, not great but not horrible either.
The romance is one thing. I didn't see any "taking advantage" like some here have claimed or forcing a relationship.
That Senbo kid or whatever his name is was not out of line.

The teacher is an adult married woman who can think for herself.
She claimed her marriage was "only for now". Means they will split up.
The tough thing is that the Seibo kid is put in a disadvantageous position and could incure the wrath of the husband, but even then it is the teacher's fault not his.

I don't get what the whole fuss is about this episode?
You people need to chillax.
Mar 25, 2021 7:21 PM

Nov 2010
Wow, this episode was really spicy. Shinbo is the man by having an affair with the sensei hehe

Hideki still has Chi and the manager at least.
Dec 29, 2021 5:52 AM

Jun 2015
I don't exactly agree 100% with Clamp's view of love but this twist didn't really upset me that much. There were signs that things would go down like this, such as the game episode where Shinbo's avatar was essentially modeled after Takako. Personality-wise I suppose it also makes sense why he would act that way.

However, I do love the commentary on human and AI relationships. That made this interaction make more sense to me. She's clearly in a confused and conflicted state of mind from her husband locking her out of the house. Hideki being asleep while talking to Takako that one night also softened the blow by a lot. Him reacting to the situation by saying "But we're both kids!" on call made it clear that he definitely questioned the situation. He could've certainly pushed further, but I suppose I could also read it as Hideki being confused and being at loss for words.

Regardless of the morals though, this episode still had excellent execution. Love the Sakura petals and the callback to Chii's book in the beginning.

๐Ÿ’– ๐ผ'๐“‚ ๐’ฝ๐’ถ๐“Ž๐’น๐‘’๐“ƒโฃ ๐Ÿ’–

โ‹† หš๏ฝกโ‹†เญจเญงหš ๐Ÿ’ ๐’ฏ๐“Œ๐’พ๐“‰๐“‰๐‘’๐“‡ ๐Ÿ’ ๐’ด๐‘œ๐“Š๐’ฏ๐“Š๐’ท๐‘’ ๐Ÿ’ หšเญจเญงโ‹†๏ฝกหš โ‹†
๐Ÿ’ ๐‘€๐“Ž๐น๐’พ๐‘”๐“Š๐“‡๐‘’๐’ž๐‘œ๐“๐“๐‘’๐’ธ๐“‰๐’พ๐‘œ๐“ƒ ๐Ÿ’
Feb 13, 2022 10:51 AM
Demon of Hatred

Feb 2015
I just want Motosuwa to cuck both Shinbo and Takao's husband. Man, that would be such a Chad move.

Make Takako your little bitch, Motosuwa, you fucker, that is the only way.
"Life is too bitter, so coffee, at least should be sweet..." - Hikigaya Hachiman (Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Come wa Machigatte Iru)
May 14, 2022 11:43 PM
busy week =_+

Dec 2014
What the fuck? What did I just witness? O_o

CURRENT: semi-hiatus (busy)

Jun 8, 2022 8:19 AM

Oct 2021
Yeah uh what the hell was -this episode? I have too many questions. Also not approving of the student x teacher thing, it seems ms. Shimizu is a whole ass cougar lmao.
U.S.C.H!
Aug 18, 2022 9:12 PM
Feb 2022
omfg i dont know what episode im commenting on
Nov 1, 2022 3:56 AM
Mar 2016
Good job shinbo-kun ๐Ÿคฃ
Jan 26, 2023 8:38 AM

Dec 2022
They just disappeared after kissing?

๏ฝฒไน‡ๅˆ€ไน‡ไนƒๅฐบ๏พ‘ไน‡
ใŠŽ ใŠฐ
โ˜ฝ Shaded Horizon โ˜พ

Oct 24, 2023 5:51 AM

Mar 2017
it's been a while since chobits first aired (2003 lmao) but i must say that i'm pretty disappointed in this episode too. I didn't feel the NTR thing but there were just no signs at all that those 2 would end up together.
As someone previously said: the teacher's husband prolly had an affair with a persecom so that's why she was disappointed and had Hideki's opinion about it. That said, it was never mentionned before this episode so i feel like this romance was rushed and popped out of nowhere.

It's more of a plotwist than anything? Oh and yet another character confronting Hideki about his unpure love for robot yet she's the one to talk for comitting adultery... Ironically, I'm beginning to think that everyone is broken except the people who are(or were) in love with their persecom.

What do you guys think?

"ใ‚ชใƒขใƒใƒฃใฎ้Šƒใ‚’ๆ’ƒใกๆŠœใใฎใ€€ใ ใ€€ใ ใ€€ใ ใ€€ ใ ใƒƒ๏ผ"

- Eruna, Mikagura School Suite
Mar 28, 12:24 AM

Dec 2018
This whole thing honestly came out of left field, and it's in general just a bit odd. I liked Shinbo up to this point because he was shown as a kind and level headed friend that you could always depend on. Then we get a 180 only to find out he's been pushing their teacher to going out with him despite a presumably moderate/large age gap while she's going through marriage issues...just really odd imo.

I also wish they would quit it with all the "He's just a virgin.", "He could never get a girlfriend.", "He really is a nice guy." toward Hideki, like no shit he's a nice guy who actually has a some sense of morals (unlike some people). The teacher came over to his place out of no where, basically teasing him the entire time, but our boy didn't crack. He did what was right and didn't make moves on her because he knew she was married and is probably in a vulnerable state.

I dunno it just seems like Hideki got unnecessarily shafted by these two out of no where. If future episodes resolve this situation somehow I will be very pleased, for example have Shinbo actually help the teacher mend her marriage rather than just running away with her to a vacation spa to fuck lmao
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Chobits Episode 1 Discussion

aero - Dec 15, 2008

46 by rekillanga »»
Apr 6, 7:58 AM

Poll: » Chobits Episode 2 Discussion

aero - Dec 15, 2008

36 by SilverCrono »»
Apr 5, 10:46 PM

Poll: » Chobits Episode 22 Discussion

aero - Dec 19, 2008

33 by owonism »»
Mar 28, 7:44 PM

Poll: » Chobits Episode 9 Discussion

aero - Dec 16, 2008

35 by AnimatedAddict »»
Mar 27, 12:43 PM

Poll: » Chobits Episode 14 Discussion

aero - Dec 17, 2008

41 by owonism »»
Mar 25, 6:19 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

Itโ€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.