Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 7, 2007 4:23 PM
Jul 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
First ep aired. Wasn't aware it was based off an ero-game. First learned about this show in a mecha discussion. But being based off an ero-game, I'm not as interested.
SergOct 14, 2007 10:15 PM
Oct 14, 2007 10:10 PM
Oct 14, 2007 10:13 PM
Jul 2007
According to http://www.fansubwiki.com/Who_Subs_What:_FALL_2007

ASF (Anime-Share Fansubs).

Ashes is speculated but unconfirmed.
Oct 14, 2007 10:29 PM
Sep 2006
I think as stated in a Gundam 00 Episode 2 discussion, the purpose of the episode discussion is not to tell people it aired but actually talk about the episode. However, all I can say is that I hope Night Wizard and Rental Magica doesn't over power this show into submission. From what I've seen regarding blogs though is the fact the first episode looks like a lot of flashbacks and a basic introduction to the world.
Oct 17, 2007 1:56 AM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
So I just watched the first subbed episode, not bad for a first ep. The attacks look pretty cool and the character designs are interesting as well. I also liked the ED in this ep so I'll see how episode 2 will be like. Kagura's already pretty cool.

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Oct 17, 2007 12:49 PM

Jan 2007
I actually really liked this episode. I enjoy these kind of fantasies. Hopefully it doesnt disapoint me like Shining Tears did.
Oct 17, 2007 12:55 PM

Jul 2006
For 1st episode it was ok. Some action and background story. Going to watch next episode when it's out.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 17, 2007 1:25 PM

Aug 2007
I liked the episode :)
I hope Hans isn't dead or turns out to be the bad guy sister hell was talking about, cause he seems to be one of the cooler characters so far.
In any case, looking forward to episode 2.

Thanks De-Jay for my claim picture : ).
Oct 17, 2007 2:00 PM

Jul 2006
Skarith said:
I liked the episode :)
I hope Hans isn't dead or turns out to be the bad guy sister hell was talking about, cause he seems to be one of the cooler characters so far.
In any case, looking forward to episode 2.

I didn't like Hans at all. I was waiting to see him dead since the first clip shown. =P And if I see him again alive, being all evil and super powerful knight, I'm dropping this series there.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 17, 2007 2:24 PM

Apr 2007
I thought it was pretty boring. I'll probably watch it again when it finishes airing.
Oct 17, 2007 2:57 PM
Sep 2006
I thought it was kinda boring myself, I'll give it a few more episodes, but depending on the series sizes... I might not stick with it. I'm giving it a chance though, but I felt the way everything came together was kind of a sloppy mess.
Oct 17, 2007 3:26 PM

Jul 2007
I actually thought the episode was pretty good, the characters look great and I also liked how in this episode they explained the background story while at the same time they were fighting, it made things a lot more interesting.
Oct 17, 2007 4:21 PM

Jul 2007
It was a pretty good episode. This series I know I'm going to like. It's good that they gave us a bit of a background story already, instead of wasting like an entire ep just for it. The action was good, and I really like the character design.
Oct 18, 2007 4:10 AM

Jul 2007
it was alright... nothing special. hopefully the fight scenes improve :)
Oct 18, 2007 2:54 PM
Lead Admin
Faerie Queen

Aug 2007
Character designs that look like kids but have huge boobs still kinda freak me out... even though I should probably be used to it by now. I'm a sucker for fantasy + romance though, so I'll give this one another ep or so to convince me. Don't really know what's going on yet, but not bad for a first ep.
Oct 18, 2007 2:57 PM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
Well, that's what you get when ero-games are made into anime. Besides the eyecatcher in the middle it didn't really bother me since I didn't notice. xD

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Oct 18, 2007 5:12 PM
Aug 2007
I kind of liked it. The spells were pretty cool. The teacher with the twin blades is my fav character. Why can't the main character have twin blades?? The move she did was killer
Oct 18, 2007 9:47 PM

Nov 2006
well i think this show is quite nice but i cant make up my decision yet must watch more eps first
Oct 18, 2007 11:38 PM

Jun 2007
Thought the first episode was terriable. As it stands it is one of the worst shows that I am currently watching and possible have ever seen. I think Mokke is better and like no one is watching that and it harder to find sub versions and even that show is iffy. Almost the entire time I was watching the show I was wondering when it was going to end.

The art and character design was pretty decent, but the plot and character development is not really working. It seem to give off a sense of over damraization and a cheesy feel to the dialog. I also did not like the way they keep flash between the present and the past, I mean it can be done but I think they have done it in the worst way. I will give it another 2 or 3 epsiodes at least to see if it will get any better before I drop the series.
Oct 19, 2007 4:03 AM

Jun 2007
I'm agree with some of the ppl here,this anime 1st ep is kinda boring....i thought it would be a ero/ecchi anime,its kinda dissappointing....Oh well,since i already watch the 1st ep,i shall give it a try watch a few ep n see how is it later...
Oct 20, 2007 3:58 PM

May 2007
nobleman83 said:

The art and character design was pretty decent, but the plot and character development is not really working. It seem to give off a sense of over damraization and a cheesy feel to the dialog. I also did not like the way they keep flash between the present and the past, I mean it can be done but I think they have done it in the worst way. I will give it another 2 or 3 epsiodes at least to see if it will get any better before I drop the series.

Really? I actually enjoyed the switch between the current fight and the flashbacks. For some reason, it kept me interested and both plot lines were really interesting.

But seeing the past really confused me. They characters of the past aren't the same ones we see fighting, right? Like, the green haired guy and Hyaweh aren't the same person? Because they had the same promise. That really confused me and even after scanning through the episode a second time, still couldn't figure it out.

The animation reminds me of some of the older anime. It has the feel. The art is interesting. I totally love the unique weapon designs they have. Loving the magic and summons - reminds me of Final Fantasy. I'm interested in seeing how this show develops. Definitely a good start in my opinion.
Oct 21, 2007 5:43 AM

Jul 2007
vindemon64 said:

But seeing the past really confused me. They characters of the past aren't the same ones we see fighting, right? Like, the green haired guy and Hyaweh aren't the same person? Because they had the same promise. That really confused me and even after scanning through the episode a second time, still couldn't figure it out.

I'm having exactly the same problem. Who the hell is Maistel? Like you said, he has the same promise as Hyaweh, but they're two different people. I'm confused as well.
Oct 21, 2007 5:50 AM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
Sounded like Meister to me, lots of German in this.

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Oct 24, 2007 6:05 PM

Jun 2007
well... im not sure what to think xD i didnt get the setting changes. So i know that teh ones that were fighting are going to be the main characters, but who were the others in the side story? :P

Nov 18, 2007 5:23 AM
Oct 2007
Quite boring...

Looking at a drop unless it gets interesting.
Aug 4, 2008 3:03 AM

Jul 2008
The flashbacks were quite annoying and confusing. Other than that, it seems like a decent show.
Aug 23, 2008 2:26 AM

May 2008
This was based off of an ero-game?:O
I noticed some scenes were a little bit showy, but nothing even slightly ecchi has happened yet.

Well what do we have here. We have knights, magicians. Some dressed in heavy metallic European armor, some dressed in simple Japanese warrior cloth and cute magical girls.
We have war over religion, a we have romance, and we have so far, complete gender equality. And we have what would look like, the opportunity for great epic battles.

Oh, and not to mention FANTASTIC character designs.

This show has most of the making for a good anime except this: the pacing.
A good anime pushes you from episode to episode and keeps every little bit entertaining. But this was a total snooze. And it's a real shame too, considering how many good aspects this anime has already.

Old avatar and sig retired for now.
Jun 11, 2009 2:36 AM

Jun 2009
Animation was awesome. Characters were awesome. Action was awesome.

...but man I am CONFUSED. XD
Jul 31, 2009 12:59 PM

May 2009
Who the hell is maistel ? O.o Anyways i liked the sword designs looked cool o.o is maistel hyaweh dying his hair yellow ? o.o OH I FOUND out that was flashbacks of Priecia's parents
KeweeJul 31, 2009 1:15 PM
"Non mihi, non tibi, sed nobis" Which means "It's not for me, It's not for you. It's for everyone"
Oct 8, 2009 3:47 PM

Sep 2009
i am very confused by the whole hyaweh and meister thing going on here as both of them made the same promise >.<;;
i like the animation and the character designs and the attacks seem cool ^__^
and this "angels" look awesome
going to keep watching :3

Aug 3, 2012 5:05 PM

May 2012
This was a fast paced and confusing episode. Animation isn't that good. Also, why would they start this series right in the middle of a war. Normally they would have had episodes before this one explaining why they would go to war and to also introduce the characters.

Perhaps in the next few episodes my opinion about Prism Ark will change, but for now I give this episode a...

2/5
Onlin3Mast3rAug 3, 2012 7:33 PM

Sep 28, 2022 1:57 PM

Nov 2010
I like that alt. history map of Europe. Hmm, is Windland the HRE of that world? Interesting.
Priecia's armpits looks delicious! That boobs and nipples look yummy too!
Hmm, so that was them all along. I got confused because how did Hyaweh suddenly become blonde.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Prism Ark Episode 12 Discussion

DeathfireD - Jan 3, 2008

38 by MxS7HGS »»
Oct 3, 2022 8:19 PM

Poll: » Prism Ark Episode 11 Discussion

Faust721 - Dec 30, 2007

6 by MxS7HGS »»
Oct 3, 2022 5:46 PM

Poll: » Prism Ark Episode 10 Discussion

DeathfireD - Dec 20, 2007

9 by MxS7HGS »»
Oct 3, 2022 4:59 PM

Poll: » Prism Ark Episode 9 Discussion

Faust721 - Dec 15, 2007

7 by MxS7HGS »»
Sep 29, 2022 10:06 PM

Poll: » Prism Ark Episode 8 Discussion

Faust721 - Dec 15, 2007

4 by MxS7HGS »»
Sep 29, 2022 12:06 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.