Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »
Dec 15, 2013 9:13 AM

Aug 2013
Yeah, I pretty much knew that her father was a douche. Minori wouldn't say something like this for no reason. I guess that Ryuuji will work out the father case. But still, I think that is relation with Minori will stay tainted...
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Dec 25, 2013 12:40 AM
Nov 2013
Man up and apologize already, Ryuuji.

Ami is redeeming herself a bit.

And yes, Taiga's dad is undoubtedly a douche. Ryuuji just had daddy issues so he thinks Taiga should be happy to have a father in her life at all. I'm sure he will soon find out that he;s wrong.
Dec 27, 2013 3:47 AM

Oct 2013
taiga's dad didn't come :(

i really want minorin and takasu to make up
"Urushibara Ruka. The mannerisms and voice of a woman... No... More feminine than any woman. But he's a guy. Taller than Mayuri, but so very thin... But he's a guy. Looks great in a miko outfit... But he's a guy. It's already twilight And yet, it's so hot. The cicadas are crying. But... He's a guy."
Jan 10, 2014 10:30 PM

Dec 2013
Just because Ryuuji has some father issues doesn't allow him to mess others' lives. Ryuuji think he knows everything about Taiga even though Minorin has known her for a lot longer. The reason why he was so one-sided could be because he didn't even bother to ask Taiga for the full story and blindly believed the crap her dad spilled out.
Jan 11, 2014 6:13 PM
Jul 2018
Great episode, ooh Ryuuji and Minorin fight :O

And am I the only one who likes Ami a lot more after this episode? She seems a lot more friendlier and sweet to Ryuuji in this ep., and she wasn't faking it, either.

And Taiga's father never showed up... that bastard. Hopefully Ryuuji will apologize to Minorin, and Taiga, too.
Jan 27, 2014 11:23 PM

Feb 2011
Minorin obviously knows what's happened in the past with Taiga, they've been super close for a while now, seems to me like Taiga is exactly who we've seen her as, someone who, when she trusts, she trusts with her heart, fully, in her own way of course, but fully nonetheless, and we know she wants to believe in people just as much as she wants people to believe in her. My theory is that, the father does indeed treat her like shit, but she wants to love him and trust him no matter what, unfortunately, she knows that she's a softy, and that if she does give him a chance, she'll fall for his bullshit again, which is why she was so adamant about not talking to him, knowing how she'd fall and all, but Ryuuji's face when talking about his dead father was too much for her poor little heart, and she did it for him. =(
May 19, 2014 6:38 AM
Jan 2012
Ryuuji is so fucking stupid, on my god. You don't simply try to argue about Taiga's life with someone who knows her for a far longer time than you. It was obvious that Minori knew stuff about Taiga's past and father that Ryuuji didn't. Why didn't he realize that?

Either way, this was a strong episode. Very emotional. I felt bad for Taiga :( Her father is a scumbag. I felt sorry for Minori too, she didn't deserve being yelled at like that. Also, Ami's character is slowly growing on me.
Oct 18, 2014 4:54 PM

Dec 2009
Taiga has a shitty father and Kushieda knew it all along.

Yet Ryuuji has his own problems without a father figure in his life
Oct 27, 2014 7:38 PM

Oct 2014
You can't blame Ryuuji, considering his situation with his father. But dammit if every protagonist doesn't fuck up with the girl they like in every anime. Also, he should keep his hair like it was when he had the face paint on. Because honestly his hairstyle looks kind of dumb. And I didn't think I'd say this, but Taiga is growing on me.
Nov 20, 2014 12:32 AM

Jan 2013
Quite a nice episode, didn't expect that fight between Minorin and Ryuuji.
Jan 2, 2015 11:49 PM

Sep 2014
Aww, poor Yuri-chan sensei :( Someone marry her already!
Jan 12, 2015 7:48 PM

Sep 2014
This was a pretty intense episode. I like to see a new turn on the obligatory school festival episode every school anime has ut not only that the emotion was very deep. Keeping me on the edge of my seat here with this awesome series

"Honestly... it kinda doesn't matter where I go... whether I'm alive or dead... I'm still pretty dandy."
Apr 6, 2015 12:45 AM

Nov 2014
TOTAL OURAN REFERENCE THERE. the person was even dressed as tamaki suoh from one of the episodes

I cannot even put into words how I'm feeling about Taiga's so -called "father" abandoning her like that. he totally fucking flaked out on going to see her perform.

Minorin may not have all the information of Taiga's father...He's a jerk. She is trying to protect Taiga from him. and I really admire that about her.

Ryuji making taiga blush though is always a little happiness.

Am only 30% trusting that Ami "changed" I don't buy it.

Yuri-sensei needs to get a man.

Ya-chan and her boobs. That's all.

Back to Taiga. I think she's safer with Ryuji. Right where she is is where she belongs. Her"father" wants to take her away from the people who actually want her around. And that is is the best for her, to be where she is.
LadyDisraeliApr 6, 2015 12:57 AM
Apr 6, 2015 1:23 AM

Aug 2014
LadyDisraeli said:
TOTAL OURAN REFERENCE THERE. the person was even dressed as tamaki suoh from one of the episodes
This. Also, if they're willing to do that, then I bet this...
Shwele said:
No wonder even I would freak out if I saw someone with scary face like Ryuuji's with that makeup...
...is a Naruto reference. Though looking at the images again, I'm not sure who it'd be - I initially thought Pain, but that was totally wrong; then Gaara came to mind, but that was off too...I'd swear I remember someone looking like that at some point tho. :/
LadyDisraeli said:
I cannot even put into words how I'm feeling about Taiga's so-called "father" abandoning her like that. he totally fucking flaked out on going to see her perform.
...And after the effort she went through to get Ami to swap parts with her whenever he came, too. Ugh.

Is it just me, or did Taiga feel guilty over giving Yūsaku a bite of her crêpe and not Ryūji? She suddenly really wanted him to have some..! XD
Am only 30% trusting that Ami "changed" I don't buy it.
Agreed, tho I'd be willing to buy that she's trying but hasn't gotten it down yet. That last line as she led Ryūji back to the classroom was just so egotistical.

I really wish the screen on Taiga's phone had been subtitled - I couldn't tell whether there really weren't any messages on it, or if there actually was one that was giving her fits. Argh. :

Personally, being the softy I am, I'm hoping that Taiga's dad isn't a total douche, just a flake, especially since extreme reactions like Minori's always make me suspicious - that he means well, but is incapable of getting it together, and perhaps disappeared because he finally realized it and decided letting Taiga hate him was better than letting her down on a regular basis. Not entirely feeling the idea, tho, since (meta perspective) Yasuko basically fills the "little kid" role in letting the viewers know what's really going on, even though in-universe they really couldn't be trusted to make such a judgement.

I don't like villains. Stories without real villains often engage me more. Maybe they feel more realistic? I dunno.
"Ō-sama...kindly shut up. I wouldn't normally do this, but we are working with them whether you like it or not, because otherwise our chances of success approach zero." - Stern the Destructor (maybe not a direct translation, but it gets the point across)
Related: I'm writing a Lyrical alternate timeline!
May 12, 2015 2:09 PM
Nekogirl~

Mar 2014
Her father ... if he really will not show up ... I think I will just rage >.>

May 19, 2015 9:53 AM

Oct 2013
I think Japanese pro wrestling is even cheesier than American pro wrestling.

Discord: the.path.to.pathos
RateYourMusic
last.fm
May 19, 2015 9:54 AM

Jan 2014
Daym, Kushieda's reaction on Taiga's dad was scary. I'm scared.
May 23, 2015 6:30 PM
Jun 2013
That teacher is hilarious!

It seems like Ryuuju's the only one who thought Taiga's father was a good guy. Although it seems he mainly thinks that because he has his own daddy issues. Still, it's kinda Taiga's her fault imo for not going in the first place and allowing him to be deceived but whatever. Taiga listening to him as much as she did shows his influence on her, which I guess shows progress for their relationship.
Sep 7, 2015 5:11 PM

Oct 2012
So, Taiga got disappointed in the end though I really wonder why her father couldn't make it. It's kinda bad he didn't appeared (he could have work/or ultimatum from his wife) but it's even worse he didn't send her an e-mail at least. I sense big despair is coming to Taiga in next episode, and I guess it would be even worse as we saw prez and Kitamura together in PV.

Meanwhile, it's nice how Ami-chan is slowly changing her attitute towards others, she really is the best character out there (after Ryuuji ofc).

And Ryuuji isn't really at fault in his quarrel with Kushieda as his means are noble but I have to say it seems he is meddling too much by now for my taste. I know he is worried about Taiga but do he even realize he would need to take responsibility for thoughtless changes he made to her life?

I also liked how he didn't reconciliated with Minori right away as such things are very hard to deal with and it's not easy to set them right. Suffice to say, things will never be the same for them.
Dec 10, 2015 11:14 AM

Nov 2014
The play was very nice! I really want to know why Taiga's dad didn't show up.
Dec 17, 2015 4:40 PM
Jul 2014
It's pointless to write any comment after slayer545-sama, lol... :)))
Jun 27, 2016 8:38 AM
Mar 2015
Taiga's father never showed up. And I kinda don't blame Ryuji for trying to defend her father....
Oct 5, 2016 12:28 PM

Jul 2014
Looks like an interesting play.
Nov 24, 2016 7:29 AM

Nov 2015

This is why Ami annoys me so much...
Why can't she be a good person like this always? She's changed, something... but she still has her facade. She has a good side but it's like she hate's to be good. GIT GUD AMI.

It's kinda good that Ryuuji and Minori are having a fight but Ryuuji should really apologize, even when he is not wrong. He will score good points.

It's a shame that Taiga's father failer to her once again.... damn it...

PD: "Kitamura's kiss" xD
PD2: I want to go to that tsundere cafe! :3
May 8, 2017 5:02 AM

Feb 2013
Ryuuji is so stupid for fighting over that crappy father, that guy is a big joke, I feel bad about poor Taiga.
Sep 11, 2017 11:38 AM

Feb 2015
That stupid fight between Ryuuji and Minori makes me want to facepalm a wall.
Sep 18, 2017 4:10 AM

Jun 2016
Alright, I gave this show another go with one more fucking episode, but I can't stand it anymore. Ohmygod. This show's one of the epitome why I detest romance genre with a burning passion that I might become a living volcano. Lmao.

This is official. Good bye, Toradora. I regret wasting my time watching those 12 episodes.

I know Taiga and Ryuuiji are gonna end up together, alright, and like as always supporting characters who's a friend of the MC like
Ugh.

"Maybe he's trying to take a shit, but the shit just won't come out."
Captain Levi, 2014
(/^-^)/☆♪♪☆\(^0^\)
Oct 17, 2017 4:49 AM

Sep 2012
ReilaNimu said:
Ryuuji is so fucking stupid, on my god. You don't simply try to argue about Taiga's life with someone who knows her for a far longer time than you. It was obvious that Minori knew stuff about Taiga's past and father that Ryuuji didn't. Why didn't he realize that?

Either way, this was a strong episode. Very emotional. I felt bad for Taiga :( Her father is a scumbag. I felt sorry for Minori too, she didn't deserve being yelled at like that. Also, Ami's character is slowly growing on me.

yep he was dumb, but its cause he lost hes father & he can never see nor talk to him again & he doesn't want others to have that regret specially if their father live so they have chance to make up & that makes him blind, what can u do human emotions are sometimes stupid & blinding & make us to stupid things to

sinceregod said:
You can't blame Ryuuji, considering his situation with his father. But dammit if every protagonist doesn't fuck up with the girl they like in every anime. Also, he should keep his hair like it was when he had the face paint on. Because honestly his hairstyle looks kind of dumb. And I didn't think I'd say this, but Taiga is growing on me.

True

Ulquiorra said:
Ryuuji is so stupid for fighting over that crappy father, that guy is a big joke, I feel bad about poor Taiga.

read this above

LadyDisraeli said:
Minorin may not have all the information of Taiga's father...He's a jerk. She is trying to protect Taiga from him. and I really admire that about her.

Ryuji has even less information about that then Minori, Minori knows her better
Sugram22Jun 2, 2019 6:38 AM
Oct 17, 2017 4:59 AM

Sep 2012
Ryuji face with make up XD
who needs haunted house if they have Ryuji XD
Ryuji works better then haunted house XD
Oct 17, 2017 6:55 AM

Sep 2012
TheDoggoneGirl said:
Alright, I gave this show another go with one more fucking episode, but I can't stand it anymore. Ohmygod. This show's one of the epitome why I detest romance genre with a burning passion that I might become a living volcano. Lmao.

This is official. Good bye, Toradora. I regret wasting my time watching those 12 episodes.

I know Taiga and Ryuuiji are gonna end up together, alright, and like as always supporting characters who's a friend of the MC like
Ugh.

u have no idea what ur missing, Kitamura's arc, about him & who he really loves & its not Taiga
Sugram22Oct 17, 2017 7:24 AM
Oct 17, 2017 7:08 AM

Jun 2016
Sugram22 said:
TheDoggoneGirl said:

Ugh.

u have no idea what ur missing, Kitamura's arc, about him & who he really loves

Bruh, you need to stop quoting me. It's not like I'm gonna give this show a chance and give it a go again. Lmao. I don't think I'm missing out on something since I already know where this anime's going.

"Maybe he's trying to take a shit, but the shit just won't come out."
Captain Levi, 2014
(/^-^)/☆♪♪☆\(^0^\)
Nov 21, 2017 10:27 AM

May 2016
Ashita no Joe reference spotted anyone knows what am talking about I guess no.

Anyway, the way I saw it, it seems that Taiga's old man married Kushieda's mother
or something related cause why would she get angry and how does she knows her
father's personality.
Nov 26, 2017 8:50 PM

Jul 2013
I'm on Minori's side completely here. Why should Ryuji be so happy about Taiga's reunion with her father if he barely knows their past history? It really wasn't his place to pressure Taiga into making that choice.
Feb 11, 2018 1:35 PM

Sep 2017
I really think Ryuuji should have caught om that something was up with Taiga's Dad from Minorin's reaction. But I suppose if he has his own Dad issues, it could have prevented him from thinking clearly
Feb 18, 2018 1:19 AM
Dec 2017
world in trouble!! i think they got the best villain faces!!
Taiga and Ryuuji

Oct 7, 2018 2:27 PM

Nov 2011
Agh, you’ve gone and made things complicated, Ryuugi.

I get this feeling this is going to backfire big.
Dec 31, 2018 11:52 AM

Apr 2015
Welp, I think Taiga's got every right to maim that fucker of a "dad" now. He better put her shit back in her apartment and take his dumb ass back to his sad, lonely home.
"No, son, you may not have your body pillow at the dinner table!"
May 3, 2019 11:00 PM

Aug 2017
Wow, Minori vs Ryuuji.

Let's see the next episode.
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Jun 7, 2019 1:59 AM
Apr 2019
Decent episode, Father was douche.

Nov 27, 2019 1:32 PM

Apr 2013
Ryuuji really behaved like a moron this episode, he knows nothing about the circumstances of Taiga's father and still thinks he's always right.
Sep 8, 2020 1:22 AM

Aug 2018
Nurguburu said:
Wow, Minori vs Ryuuji.

Let's see the next episode.

lets hope she is not a lesbo
Sep 16, 2020 10:19 AM
Jun 2014
Cliche argument due to being unable to have a normal conversation. I think I'll hold judgment on the father issue until its resolved.
Oct 16, 2020 3:48 PM

Feb 2020
Loved this episode ! It really made me realise how attached I grew to the cast.
Ami remains my favorite, I'm liking her more and more, and Taiga is growing me on quite a lot. I'm still not at all fond of her abusive behaviour, but for the rest she's an appealing and well-written character.
However... WHAT DO YOU MEAN, TAIGA DIDN'T GET TO PLAY THE PROTAGONIST ?! Does that mean her father didn't come ? That's cruel... I'mma punch him. Taiga, punch him. Yeah punch your father. Punch the shitty old man.
Oh, and I wonder how things will evolve between Ryuuji and Minori... Also surprised to see Minori get so mad. Actually it was pretty clear that she's always been more than meets the eye, but I didn't expect her to break her facade just like that. Is it just because of how much she cares about Taiga, or is there actually more ?
Mar 8, 2021 7:17 PM
Jan 2020
The festive atmosphere really kicked in this episode.
May 19, 2021 2:04 PM

May 2019
Ami has really changed...what a development. Ryuji is making a mistake about the das...
Jun 23, 2021 9:17 AM

Jun 2020
Ryuuji and Kushieda got into a fight hope nothing goes wrong in the long run, Ami changed a bit good for her, Now Ryuuji's mom thinks the same about Taiga's dad

Ryuuji looked really scary with his makeup it's, I hope things go well with their performance Taiga seems a bit distracted with her phone, lol their teacher believes on that string and she has the rights to believe so I guess

lol Taiga just stuffed Ryuuji her crepe after almost dying from embarrassment when Kitamura took a bite of it, At least their performance was a success, But that end though what's that face from Taiga.
Jan 1, 2022 1:35 PM

Mar 2010
Damn I gotta say.. I've seen a lot of plays and that Lucha libre performance was top tier.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
May 2, 2022 7:40 PM

Oct 2020
Things are definitely picking up and I can't wait to see the next one.
I think Ryu's mom was spitting facts as always -- it's pretty clear that Ryu is almost glossing over Taiga's past with her father and simply thinks it's best for her to live with him because he feel he missed out on that sort of relationship with his own father.
Taiga definitely realizes this and seems to be more or less bearing it for Ryus sake. :(
Jul 5, 2022 9:35 PM
Jul 2018
Taiga really got screwed over on this one. I'm hoping Takasu apologizes or something to her, basically everyone but him could see that her dad was a jerk, and he was pretty rude to everyone who even disagreed. I'd feel pretty bad if I were him at least.

I feel like Takasu's been acting real protective/parental, trying to give her a lot of advice and make sure she takes care of herself, but if he's gonna do that he needs to make sure he isn't letting himself get carried away by what he wishes he could have done instead, he needs to look at it from her perspective more. Taiga, and many others, clearly didn't like her dad for a reason, and because he was so stubborn now Taiga is paying for it.

Taiga moving away is not a nice thought either :(. There's no way that apartment is too small too, Taiga's bedroom alone is the size of a nice kitchen lol.

Also Takasu with the slicked hair looked sharp asf
Nov 18, 2022 12:28 PM
Jan 2022
It was nothing special. It could be the first fight between the main character boy who always cooks and the red-haired girl had a fight. They look at each other afterwards like they were a couple who had a fight and wouldn't talk to each other for a long time.
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »

More topics from this board

» What's physical diff between kano and ami

atl_nal - 48 minutes ago

0 by atl_nal »»
48 minutes ago

Poll: » Toradora! Episode 15 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

sniW - Jan 14, 2009

232 by Nefrieren »»
Mar 24, 1:30 PM

» Anyone else think Taiga is a very bad person? ( 1 2 )

NextUniverse - Jul 7, 2022

70 by Tats_Spill_Tea »»
Mar 21, 1:24 PM

Poll: » Toradora! Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Sonja - Mar 25, 2009

1108 by Ragnar00lobrock »»
Mar 19, 7:12 PM

Poll: » Toradora! Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

id - Mar 18, 2009

515 by Ragnar00lobrock »»
Mar 19, 7:10 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.